Season 2 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGUPFjgw1Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=ffDCkIvy0_A
youtube.com/watch?v=AxDHIQFqIIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit thread, sudo

???

Never probably. I'm fine with that as long as we keep getting games though.

My only wish in life is to see Neptune and Nepgear cum.

After Steel Ball Run gets animated.

sooon because no more jo-gay shit.
david could take my money.

I doubt Compile Heart need any more advertisment for the Nep franchise. Of course, a second season would be very welcome, as well as more fripSide.

Fucking never and it sucks. Also that image has uzume in it so prepare for deletion.

This is Gear. Best Nep.

HERE WE GO
GOOD TO GO

Which goddess is your favorite?

Candidates dont count.

Blanc

Nepgear

She is only one who was willing to take on responsibility of ruler.

I like them all to one extent or another

that's easy!

So Neptune does please otaku for shares and memes.

as if that wasn't obvious long ago

It's more likely that Gear or Histoire do that since they pretty much run Planeptune.

Well, they can always throw Neptune in a pit and have men rape her.
I'm sure that would actually sell better than plain old soapland.

>Histoire
I want to use her as onahole

Tiny Histoire is pretty cute, bigger one isn't bad either though.

It's a murderer

youtu.be/cGUPFjgw1Vw

youtube.com/watch?v=ffDCkIvy0_A

A possibility if Planeptune fell under new management.

Tiny Histy is adorable, big Histy is a bitch

>no Histoire and Financier Basilicom sim
>no Nep MMO
>no DLC that makes PP worth owning
>no season 2 or OVAs
>no new games with HDN1/Mk2 tier cast and writing and VII gameplay

Being a Nep fan is suffering

Nep > Vert = Blanc > Noire

>no Nep MMO

They are doing a game that supposedly takes place within the MMO that Vert plays (She isn't the main character though for some reason), though it isn't an actual MMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing them try out other types of games with the Neps or possibly try games written in a similar manner to Mk1 and 2.

I'm so baffled by the fact that 4 Goddesses Online isn't the Vert spinoff.

Vert can't carry a game

Well she's always been the least popular of the main four CPUs, plus I doubt the Japanese care much for playing a character based on a console they give zero shits about too. Though your point still stands though. I guess her small part in VII is the closest we'll get to her in a lead.

By the way, considering the Nintendo NX, Playstation Neo, and Xbox Scorpio are coming out, do you guys think we are getting another transformation or something out of that?

I'm willing to bet with the recent surge in interest with console VR, and the overwhelming amount of SAO type stories cropping up, that they are going to parody the hell out of the "trapped in a virtual world" plot.

Though personally I'd prefer some references and such to .Hack, but that's just me.

The only reason you think that is because she never gets to do anything, it's self-perpetuating.

The hypothetical genius of having her spinoff be a video game is that there wouldn't be any need for her defining character trait to be wanting to get back to her MMOs all the time instead of having a personality.

But no they're just going to pass that one up.

>Vert with a rapier
>Noire with a spear

So did they accidentally switch classes or something?

It's going to be an SAO parody so more than likely it's going to play like either Hollow Fragment or Lost Song

>relegating Nepgear to cleaning duty

she can clean my dick

How do the SAO games play like?

HF is MMO-like while LS is an action rpg

youtube.com/watch?v=AxDHIQFqIIQ

Vert's game will be an otome dating sim, with extreme hardcore action

it's gay incest between the brothers

Not really relevant to the discussion right now, but does anyone else wonder about the relationships between the main CPUs?

Like despite the pretty famous rivalry between SEGA and Nintendo, Neptune and Blanc actually get along quite nicely; being the least hostile to each other out of the four. (Also considering the dates those companies were founded irl, I suppose that also means these two are the oldest of the 4?)

While it seems like Noire fights with Neptune more often than not (though in Victory she did pick a fight with Blanc a lot, but I guess it was because of the time period it was set in), and Blanc and Vert usually go at it.

Just saying from my perspective it's a bit weird since the rivalries between the characters don't really match up with what I thought it would be considering the companies they are based on. Though not that I actually mind all that much since I actually like the chill relationship Blanc and Neptune has, as well as the love-hate relationship between her and Noire.

A pseudo-MMO is not out of the question for 4GO, I really wonder what it's going to be like. Probably not a full hack-and-slash beat-em-up since Nep U fills that role already.

Remember that most Nep games are based on 7th gen, the Nintendo/Sega rivalry stopped being a thing ages ago. Also IIRC Blanc is the only one who really tried to kill Neptune in the original game anyway.

Why did Noire and Vet Switch Weapons and why is Blanc a Squishy healer?!

I suppose that makes sense, however I would argue that due to the premise of the series (that being that SEGA didn't drop out of the console wars, and developed a 7th gen machine), I think it is still a bit odd.

Just because the reason SEGA and Nintendo don't have a beef with one another now is mainly due to the fact that SEGA stopped making hardware to compete with them. So if they hypothetically continued I think we would still see something along the lines of what we see between Sony and Microsoft these days.

But your point still stands, and honestly I kind of forgot that they represent a specific console generation rather than the company's whole history. Which might be Victory's fault since they used the same characters to depict the older consoles.

Well the genre is action RPG, but that is way too general. The term has been used to describe way too many types of gameplay mechanics lately.

If they announced the developer then we might have an idea, but as far as I know they haven't given any indication that this isn't being made by Compile Heart directly. Usually if they had a drastic change in gameplay style, they would bring in a studio more experienced with that type of game in.

Apparently Blanc and Nepnep had a lot more interactions in the original game, there's also the fact that the manga based mostly on HDN/MK2 period of the series has them interact A LOT, to the point they do quite a few things together
But then CH decided to scrap that because Noire was popular as fuck so "hey let's pair up the genki protagonist with the tsundere black twintails" and all of the old chemistry was lost

Actually liking Noire's outfit here based on the sketch, Vert I already liked, but it looks better here.

Nice to see that the Sisters are in, I like what they did with Uni. Also like what they did with Ram and Rom, though I'm surprised they're not mages of some kind, I guess because Blanc already appears to be. Still really cute outfits and it's neat they kept a theme with the two of them.

It's really weird and kind of seems like a waste since this would be one of the best games for Vert to have a starring role in. I think at most they've said she may have more of a role than usual.

Noire is apparently a Black Knight class while Vert is an Enchanter or something along those lines. No idea why they had a weapon swap, but their is probably a plot reason to justify it or something.

As for Blanc, she is a Priest, which are usually associated with blunt weaponry more often than not. Plus out of the four CPUs, I don't really think the other three would like being stuck with a healing class.

>why
Because they are stuck in a mmo and they play classes different than their combat styles, I love how they changed it all up, finally a breath of fresh air

Really? That's a shame, I never read the manga, but half of the reason why I really liked their current dynamic is because of the very first game.

I'm glad the recent spin-off gave them some more screen-time with each other, but I'd still like to see them carry that on to the main series. Tone down the Noire and Neptune constant bicker fest (as fun as it can be), and give some room for Blanc and Neptune to snark at each other.

Well Neptune is in the leading role for this, I don't know if the Vert involvement is from a "how this plot occurred" type of deal, or in terms of actual relevance.

By the way, does anyone know if this game is set directly after VII, or is the time frame still unknown at the moment?

>Well she's always been the least popular of the main four CPUs, plus I doubt the Japanese care much for playing a character based on a console they give zero shits about too. Though your point still stands though. I guess her small part in VII is the closest we'll get to her in a lead.

I always found it kind of funny that of the four CPUs I'm more partial to, two of them are those whose current consoles I don't own and don't really care about (Blanc and Vert) and the third I was never super big on their consoles or their games (Nep) though I did play them. Meanwhile I spend the most time with Noire and she is probably my least favorite at the moment, though I do like aspects of her.

Sort of similar in that I like Ram and Rom but haven't really touched my DS/3DS in a while. Have played Vita though and I like Uni.

I seriously hope not, I'd be perfectly fine with it just being the Neps playing the game and perhaps role playing a little based on their class.

>Season 2
Fund this please.

>yfw they hired Platinum to make not-SAO

>Because they are stuck in a mmo and they play classes different than their combat styles

If that's the case I wish they went the dual wielding option for Neptune. I know Ultradimension Neptune already did that for VII. But seeing some of the special attacks Neptune could do (specifically the one where she catches one of her fired off swords and slashes along with her main one), make me really want some more ambidextrous Neptune action.

This love hyperdimension games

>game starts off with classic Neptunia beginning
>all of a sudden Planeptune is given a sudden hostile take over
>Neptower turns out to actually be a transforming robot like they joked about previously
>given control of Neptune
>cue Rules of Nature

I would cough up so much money for that shit.

Hopefully never, the animation of the game series was rather bad.

>I seriously hope not, I'd be perfectly fine with it just being the Neps playing the game and perhaps role playing a little based on their class.
I'm pretty torn about it personally. On one hand I actually like the idea of them parodying the shit out of the SAO type of plot.

On the other hand I would love to see them just bitching at each other for not doing their job right while doing a raid or something. Like Noire screaming at Blanc for not bothering to spec her Priest as a healer and instead going for DPS. Or Neptune aggroing every mob in an area because she saw a neat item she wanted all to herself, and Vert powergaming the shit out of the game.

Both ideas are really appealing to me, maybe we can see a mix of both depending on the story?

nepgear a cute!

>Be me
>psfag
>Spearfag

Good taste fellow Uni lover.

I wish Uni had a spin-off game.

Uni a best.

Vert is the Enchanter, so I guess she knows the game like her back of her hand and plays a Shiroe-like advisory role. That would make her more prominent for sure but it will still be an uphill battle to outshine Nep.

Would buy on release date

Noire with a spear and being a black knight kind of reminds me of Kain from FFIV.

Like another user said I imagine it's because they went with the weapons they thought would make sense for the classes instead of trying to keep things 1:1 (Even though they did to some extent, Nep still wields a sword, Blanc wields a blunt object, and Uni has guns), it's a nice change of pace.

Rapier does seem kind of weird for an Enchanter though. The look is kind of weird too since it makes me think more of a druid. Suppose they could be going for a faerie aesthetic. Rapier also kind of fits Vert in how lady like she appears.

In a way I've never really seen the Neps as being one in the same with the companies they represent like how the West portrays animized version of such characters. They've always seemed to me to have their own personalities first and foremost and then borrowed things from their respective company.

It does also make for a nice change of pace. Instead of Blanc always arguing with Neptune or Noire you have her being jealous of Vert's "technology". Similarly Noire clashes with Neptune because of their respective personalities (All though PS2 vs Dreamcast was a thing and the former is partly responsible for the death of the latter) and seems to spend less time mirroring the real world by clashing with Vert or Blanc.

I'll admit however that I've never played HDN1, so maybe the above is only a result of the changes they made in RB1.

Uni only good as Nepgear's cocksleeve.

The Uni part of that stature looks nice.

It has been said quite a bit, but she'd be perfect for a first or third person shooter.

But she's so cute!

Me when playing on my Vita

Been playing through part 7, why are there any Male characters or male MCs in this game?

That picture is so cute it has made me like the idea of the Neps, or at least some of them like Neptune, being a bit squishy.

I assume you mean "aren't", the answer is probably because the Japanese fanbase would probably cause a riot were a male character be inserted into the female cast (hence why the only male party member so far has been a DLC fish). But other than that I can't really think of a reason, it's just that the majority of male characters in these games have been villains, side characters. Not to mention all of the more interesting ones have been either robots, or guys in robotic suits.

I'm guessing if there were a party member that was male, it would only be widely accepted were it a robot or something.

Though I do enjoy picturing the bloodbath that would occur should they decide to make the secretary from the Noire game a playable character.

The game would sell more if it was more like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect.

>edgy noire
all of my want

That game is a medium rent JRPG that survives through irony and otaku pandering. The amount of herbivore betas who would cry at the thought of a competing male would hurt their sales too much.

Given the shape of Blanc's """wand""", it's more like a pollaxe than a fancy priest's staff.

Not necessarily, just because it has a similar gameplay style doesn't mean it would attract more attention. If people want to play a game like Final Fantasy, chances are they will just go play Final Fantasy. If people want to play something like Mass Effect, they would probably just go play Mass Effect (or KOTOR or something along those lines).

Having a small games companies like Idea Factory and Compile Heart try to mimic more accomplished titles tends to be a surefire way to failure.

It's clear that they have found their niche, and that there is an audience for that niche. A relatively small one, but a pretty dedicated one.

Not to mention it isn't like the series sells poorly. On PC, calculating it using the minimum estimated owners and going with the assumption that all of them bought it for the sale price of 29.99 (obviously no the case but I'm intentionally going for the lowest value I can). They've made at least $626,521, and that's a bare minimum, not accounting the digital deluxe edition, the DLC bundle pack, or the purchases post sales period.

Which is a pretty decent amount of money earned for a niche RPG about andromorphic personifications of game consoles, on a platform that Japan usually never bothers with.

And it wasn't until I actually pressed post that I realized you probably made that comment in regards to party members than the gameplay.

Sorry my stupidity, haven't had much sleep.

Because part of the series' selling points is the cute girls and some them don't get enough attention as is.

Not to mention as the user above said you'd have fans who'd throw a tantrum either because it possibly takes away from the existing characters or because muh yuri. (This I think is part of why the Noire SRPG has such a stink attached to it) Umio I imagine squeaked through since he looks akin to a mascot character.

And so most male characters get side roles or are cast as villains were they don't have to show up too much or be expanded upon.

I don't think it's the developer having any aversion to the idea since they've created at least one other game that has a male or males as part of the main cast.

>The amount of herbivore betas who would cry at the thought of a competing male would hurt their sales too much.

Considering Older and Younger Brother turn gay in RB1 after Vert forces them to play otome games, you may be on to something.

>swimsuits and stockings
I need this without the sample text.

A MOTHEFUCKING CUTE

Fairy Fencer F in terms of playable character roster is (as of the updated version)
>Male: Fang, Galdo, Pippin (?), Sherman, Noie, and Appolonius

>Female: Tiara, Harley, Ethel, and Marianna

So pretty decent split there.

Neptunia has
>Male: Umio
>Female: Main four CPUs (who usually have a main role. Four CPU candidates who (other than Nepgear) have varying levels of relevence to the story. The primary human characters IF and Compa who have varying levels of screentime. The revolving cast of human characters, who sometimes have roles in the main story, but also sometimes only have a place as DLC. The Oracles who have only been playable once, and the only one who shows up in every game is Histoire. And finally the other dimension characters, whose importance is usually reserved to the game they were introduced in (though there have been exceptions).

So yeah, lot of competition in terms of the Neptunia character line up.

I don't have sample-less version so this will have to do

It's not a bad looking combination. Not bad looking pits and I love the ankle socks on Noire. The ribbon in Neptune's mouth is kind of cute too.

Do you think they are cleanly shaved or trimmed fashionably?

Next Sisters when?

Shaved.

Neps don't have body hair

What's with her right arm?

Are these based on models ripped from one of the games?