NRA calls for federal review of bump stocks after Vegas shooting

I certainly won't be renewing my membership. I guess they only care about gun rights when it comes to old farts with bolt-action rifles.

>"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations," the statement reads.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-calls-federal-review-bump-stocks-vegas-shooting/story?id=50308261

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo
gunowners.org/statement-goa-opposes-ban-on-bump-stocks.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9y8hHMUag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_machine_gun
youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY
youtube.com/watch?v=NEA0Q_aKoJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I bet it is a capitulation to try and get the hearing protection act passed.

Why do you need a machine gun ?

GOA is the real no-compromise gun lobby, NRA is known for cucking out.

It's a bumpstock, not a machine gun.

that fires full auto ?

Do we really have to go over this again?

Your fault for not getting an M1A and a length of string
Moron labe

>LaPierre elaborated during an appearance on Fox News' "Hannity" Thursday night, saying, "The other side has been so outright trying to politicize this tragedy that we did feel the need to speak out today on this whole bump stock issue. I, for years, have tried to correct the media on semi-automatics. When they said they were fully-automatic firearms, when Dianne Feinstein and Schumer and all the rest of them said they were machine guns, for years I set the record straight, and then the Obama administration a couple years ago approves this device called a bump stock."

In other words, this colossal faggot thinks that because the Obama admin was behind the lack of regulation on bump stocks then it must be bad. He should be in support of anything that loosens restrictions for legal gun owners, not whining about it because it was a liberal administration that caused the policy.

Doesn't fire full auto. Your trigger finger is doing all the work.

Aussifag wouldn't understand. Don't bother.

People only want to take your guns so they can kill or enslave you. Only fools would cave in like we have.

I'd rather have a suppressor than a stupid sliding stock

This guy gets it.

>Your trigger finger is doing all the work.
So the stock is irrelevant? Glad we established this

Your fault for being a cuck who gives up his rights.

NRA is not stopping at bumpfire stocks. All bipods, forward grips, scopes, lights, lasers are deemed nonessential modifications. NRA also approved the ammo restrictions congress pushed through in the dead of night.

They take our money to do the work for the government.

STAY AWAY FROM MY GUNS

youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo

GOA said they'll accept a bump stock ban for whatever they're trying to pass in Congress.

Shouldn't the NRA be the opposite?
I mean shouldn't they be advocating legalization of legit automatic weapons?
What fucking turncoats

okkay nigger, we know its not technically full auto, but functionally its 95% the same. so stop being an autistic twat. you dont need a bump stock

The left's propaganda campaign has probably been hurting their membership numbers

Fake news.

gunowners.org/statement-goa-opposes-ban-on-bump-stocks.htm

What do we need, Chaim?

This, things were just a gimmick anyways.

This makes the NRA look pretty reasonable desu. These bump stocks shouldn't be allowed, by the same token of a ban on automation.

Not saying I agree with a ban on automatics in the first place, but these things a effectively the same

Automatics*

SHALL

You fucking morons.
The vegas guy didnt use a bumpstock. He just messed with the safety pin on the guns.
This made them fire at full auto.
The drawback was that there was no counter action so as soon as you fired a round tje gun would keep reloading and firing until dry.

This is why the barrel caught fire.

No such thing as a bump stock.

Youre all a bunch of faggots

He doesn’t think that, he’s making a political move.

>need
Oh, I see, it's called the Bill of Needs now? I always thought it was called the Bill of RIGHTS.

Thanks for clearing that up you kike.

I feel like I'm selling part of my soul saying this, but if bumpstocks got put on the registry in exchange for suppressors coming off, I'd be slightly less pissed off at this whole thing. I don't even like bumpstocks, but this is a step in the wrong direction if they get regulated because it sends the wrong message and opens the way for more legislation and limitation of gun rights by the establishment/dems. They'll go the accessory route and use the tired old talking point of "so who cares if you can't have anything scary looking on your neutered ar15, we still didn't take your gun away". Sure they didn't take the receiver away, but they effectively ruined anything that made the gun functional/practical. And don't even start with the whole"you don't need that" bullshit. Murder is already illegal. Shooting a motherfucker for no fucking reason is already illegal. All of the shit all of these guys do is already illegal. We always look at the goddammed motherfucking tools with these massacres and never the people holy fuckng shit it's so fucking retarded.

Can't you just mill a piece of steel in the shape of a bottle opener and put that in the gun to turn it full auto?
Why bother going legal if you're a mass murderer?

Im sorry but the NRA isnt part of the militia either. Its just another puppet for the politicians. Stop disarming the militia.

No

full auto should be legal

>He doesn't think that
He literally said that.

This. Pathetic "Americans" in this thread.

SHALL

NOT

Who cares, it's retarded and you don't own bump stock anyways faggot

He doesn’t think that it’s bad because the obama admin okayed it. He’s obviously tossing that out there as a political play.

You can bump fire without the stock, its easy once you practice a few times, just hold the stock away from shoulder and hold trigger finger in place while using front hand to push gun forward

NOT

>shall
faggots like you ruin guns for rest of us. i guess SHALL gave you AT4 and M249 as well. shut the fuck up

You can bump fire without a special stock, yes

Kys pinko faggot

Trigger is reset every time a round is fired so it's by definition not a machine gun and you could get a similar rate of fire just by pull the trigger really quick.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9y8hHMUag

and? we make modifying semi-auto to auto illegal too. not mind blowing if you modify something to do auto.

>faggots like you ruin guns for rest of us.
No, it's stupid cocksuckers like you that ruin guns for the rest of us.

You sit there and allow your rights to be chipped away piece by piece and then 20 years from now you'll wonder what happened to the 2nd amendment and why no one tried to stop this.

Pic very much related.

Yall motherfuckers are forgetting we still have a war with the machines ahead of us. Fucking city pukes gonna get ate up. They'll wish they had those slidefires when a thousand rat-sized killdrones come rolling down the street.

>and? we make modifying semi-auto to auto illegal too

Here it's worse : modifying from auto to semi-auto is now also illegal thanks the shitskins from Bataclan. You have to buy factory semi-auto weapons. Bybye all those juicy slav surplus weapons

He's literally a commie kike who doesn't believe in freedom.

You don't need to be able to say nigger. Why not ban it (for white people)?
You don't need to be able to deny the holocaust. Why not ban it?

When people frame an argument like that, you already know they don't believe in the founding principles of this country.

Is that picture real op, 14 years for a bolt action rifle what in the fuck happened to this country

limp wristed numale faggot

Yeah, it's real. It came off a CNN article the other day where they were talking about how a similar policy would be highly effective in the U.S. because it was so effective in Australia.

I have always hated the nra.

Fuckers are leeches that do nothing but say nay on bills occasionally and let other law men repeal the retarded gun laws decades later.

Bumpfire serves no legitimate self defense or sporting purpose, it's just spraying bullets. These threads are to be divisive about the 2A. Gun owners ignore the shills and don't act like an idiot about this.

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do these people not understand?

>no legitimate

Says who?

>Bumpfire serves no legitimate self defense or sporting purpose, it's just spraying bullets.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_machine_gun

The second amendment doesn't say anything about self defense or sporting, kike faggot.

you can bump fire with out a stock yes

youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY

Nice try shill

>bumpfire serves no legitimate self defense or sporting purpose

You and I both know that's a shitty, slippery slope argument. By the same argument you don't need an AR-15 for self defense.

Post your timestamp with a bumpstock and your legitimate use or gtfo

An ar is the best fucking home defense gun user.

You're the one that says it serves no legitimate use. You prove this to me.

You're the apparent expert.

>legitimate use
Where does it say anything about that in the 2A again, faggot?

I keep forgetting to mess with the safety pin on my guns. Thanks for the reminder.

That doesn't even make sense

>need
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not everything is fucking
>FUCKINGGLN SLIPPROYT SLOPEES
that's not an argument

You just said it serves no legitimate use.
Prove it.

>It's impossible to prove that my claim is true
>I'm going to go around saying it regardless of that
>It doesn't make sense to ask me to back up my claims

Sure, as soon as you post which part of the 2nd amendment specifically says you must have a "legitimate use" before you can own a certain piece of equipment.

WELL

Do you even bumpfire or are you faking outrage?

>be Australian
>find BB gun
>spend 14 years in prison
You can't make this shit up kek

freedom at 800 freedoms per minute

>that's not an argument
Uh, actually it is sweetie.

before we go further
do you literally think machine guns should be legal? do you think Gatling guns and miniguns should be legal? functional tanks? All of your posts are literal >not an argument
just shouting "slippery slope" and "SHALL" aren't arguments

>Fighting for the right to deny the holocaust requires that you deny the holocaust

Sorry Schlomo, it doesn't work that way.

we've been sliding down the slippery slope for the last 83 years.

Answer his question, shill.

Do you not understand the principal of this or are you really that stupid? Whether or not I own one is completely irrelevant.

Yeah, all of those should be legal.

Where is this 800 number coming from, I was talking with my parents today about this and they said a bumpfire gun let's you shoot that fast.

Bump stocks are not practical for anything other than playing pretend full-auto with your semi. It compromises control over your weapon and your aim so you're not gonna be hitting anything beyond 50ft with anything other than statistical probability and luck. In the end, it's a novelty accessory that can never replace a full auto with a good vertical foregrip.

No fucks given if they ban it.

>function like fully-automatic
>functional equivalent of sticking a rod in the trigger guard and jerking it back and forth

So you think the 2A should cover laser machine guns with nuke grenade launchers?

Yes actually, we should be able to arm ourselves as well as our military.

If you think that's too much disarm the military.

>meanwhile in OPs fantasy land
youtube.com/watch?v=NEA0Q_aKoJs

just guessing at the fire rate of a M16
no idea what it actually is without looking it up, but it does fire pretty fast

Never give up ground because you never get it back

That's right bitch

You do realize that right now, under our current laws, it is actually legal for someone to own a functioning tank, right?

That doesn't follow from what i said

If we had space ships and you needed a gun powerful enough to ward off space pirates but it also destroyed planets would you say civilians have the right to this weapon?

I'm asking because that just came to me today and I'm interested what you and other people would say about that.

If Communism didn't exist the need for fully automatic weapons would not be needed. It's really liberal's fault not ours.

Sup Forums should just ban all aussies and brits