Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1604

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

がんばる
るがんば
ばるがん
んばるが

アンキしなくちゃ!

Damn.

My kanji, vocab abilities are wat higher than my grammar apparently. I make myself understood pretty easily, but I'm sure I always sound like an idiot, because I always opt for easier (and probably more obtuse) grammatical constructions.

How do you guys make the grammar stick? Is anki good for that sort of thing? Or do you do exercises in a book?

「軌道エレベーターって静止軌道上にある人工衛星と、 地上をつなげたモノだよね。静止軌道って赤道の上空だから、 赤道以外に作ると、斜めになっちゃうんだよ」

Jesus fuck, help. What does this mean?

nigga i haven't done any studying in like 1.6 years and my grammar has steadily improved for no reason at all

if you have shit grammar you're either braindamaged or you're doing something horribly wrong

>1.6 years
細心な人だね

Oh, I think I get it. Something about it could only connect if it was at the equator, but still if anyone could give an English version of that so I can fully comprehend that would be nice.

I've been in Japan for about 1.5 months, but I'll only be here a year. I want to get to N2 before the end of my time here, and while my vocab, kanji are really high, and I generally dont have too much of an isues expressing myself or having basic conversation, my grammar is teh weakest spot and probably less than N4 lvl. SO naturally working to improve it would be the most benefit for me. But just reading a grammar book seems wasteful, and using grammar anki decks also seems too passive. So I'm wondering if workbooks are the way to go or what?

A space elevator is something that connects the ground with things in geostationary orbit, like man made satellites

Geostationary orbit is above the equator, so if you built the elevator anywhere other than on the equator it would be slanted

Right?

grammar doesn't take effort, grammar takes time

if you want good grammar fast you're edgy

this may be perfect

Is that fuwa fuwa no izumi

Sounds about right but
>静止軌道上
Didn't you forget the 上 here? As in, the satellites are *above* the geostationary orbit?

Ah yeah I guess it would be

So this is the wrong place to come for tips n tricks then. I'm sure if I had ten years to dick around then it would go up nice and steady, but that is insanely inefficient. I guess I'll just pick up some JLPT books and drill them the old fashioned way and use them as much as possible when speaking

I mean if you want advice on how to learn grammar there's plenty here but if you're looking for efficiency advice the only thing people are going to say is "take speed"

No offence but youre fucking stupid lol

too easy
>My semen satellite connects with a space penis.
>Too much semen is used for this, so my penis is deactivated to be tilted.

ok.

I'm in medical school, taking a research year in Japan, I played around with some Japanese for a summer after uni before med school,and have been here for 1.5 months. I'm basically N4 in that time, and most of the studying is done commuting to and from the hospital and the evenings at home. I don't have time to just "guess my way" though shitty VNs to learn grammar well, and just reading the books is too passive to make it stick well. I was wondering if anyone did anything uniquely fast or efficient.

We all use anki, and that is obscenely fast way to build a massive vocabulary and kanji base, so I didn't think it would have been a huge stretch to see if there was something people used for grammar as well. I might try some of the anki decks for that. I really want N2-tier by next May, even if I can't get there, I'd like to get as close as possible.

I'm gonna start the Nihongo Sou Matome for N3 next month as those seem pretty concise.

お前12歳かよ

You're trying to look for a reality that doesn't exist. Reading a text book on its own won't put the grammar into your head, but have fun wasting your time.

にほんごの

AnkiのDekiru

おにいちゃん

doesnt change the fact that u are dumb af

The thing about grammar is that it's not really something that you can just drill into your head like you can with vocab, grammar is more like a puzzle that you only really get a grasp of through encountering it in the wild and seeing how it all fits together in native material

There is a DoJG deck in anki which is okay, but the best and fastest way to learn grammar really is just through reading as much native shit as you can

this guy is retarded, don't waste your breath on him

You should learn the japanese word 静止.

onomatopoeia makes me want to kill myself every time

まだ今日のアンキ出来上らない

分かる

Kana only words in general need to just fuck off and die

>ぞいぞい
How can I translate this?

あのんくん トルコのクーデターは どっちおうえんすればいいの?

革命万歳

読むほかないでしょう

牛乳を買っていかなきゃ
でも外に行きたくない
誰か牛乳買ってくれ

Can someone help me identify the second to last kanji here?

春からの大進展?活

After searching everywhere I found it close to 性生活 but without the 生, but I'm not sure if it's intended to be some sorta of wordplay...

生 and 性 have the same pronunciation, so 生活 is sometimes written as 性活 in hentai mangas. Its meaning is almost identical to 性生活.

wrong: 買っていかなきゃ
correct: 買いにいかなきゃ

I used realkana.com to learn kana till now
but today the site got fucked up and I can learn from it
is there another website just like it?

Thanks.

Saving these stuff with ??? titles was really bugging my autism.

Time for your reading practice, user.
If you can read this you CAN learn Japanese:
「ふうん。あれ、阿良々木[あららぎ]くんのだったんだ。でも、そうなるとおかしいわね。前に、私が後ろに乗っけてもらった自転車とは随分造形が違うみたいだけれど」
「あれは通学用。プライベートでママチャリなんて乗れるわけねーだろ」
「なるほどね。阿良々木くん、高校生だもんね」
 ふむふむと、頷く戦場ヶ原[せんじょうがはら]。
 お前も高校生なのだが。
「高校生、マウンテンバイク」
「含むところのありそうな物言いだな……」
「高校生、マウンテンバイク。中学生、バタフライナイフ。小学生、スカートめくり」
「その悪意のある羅列はどういう意味だ!」
「助詞も形容詞もないのだから、悪意があるかどうかなんてわからないでしょう。勝手な推測で女の子に向かって大声を出さないでよ、阿良々木くん。恫喝だって暴力の一つなのよ?」
 それなら毒舌だって暴力の一つだろう。
 なんて言っても、仕方ないのだろうけれど……。
「じゃあ、助詞と形容詞を足してみろよ」
「高校生『の』マウンテンバイク『は』、中学生『の』バタフライナイフ『や』、小学生『の』スカートめくり『より』、『有り得ない』」
「フォローする気がないのかよ!」
「やあねえ阿良々木くん。そうじゃなくて、ここでの突っ込みは『有り得ない』は形容詞じゃなくて動詞プラス打消しの助動詞だ、でしょう」
「そんなもん咄嗟に言われてわかるか!」
 さすがは学年トップクラスの成績保持者。
 いや、わからないのは僕だけなのかな……。
 国語は苦手だ。

なんであのんくんのあげるれいぶんは

いつも物語の冒頭なの

>famous and popular anime
I cannot understand at all.

kek

Hey, I'm like 1/3 in.
No bully

>>国語は苦手だ。
これだけで分かる。

unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html

Damn my production is so できない

Need to get back on hellotalk

I actually can't, that joke at the end is impossible to parse for me.
My only solace is that Araragi doesn't get it either.

This didn't seem very difficult. Like, objectively. Is it famous?

Which joke? The one where the cunt calls him out for not playing the straightman at her misuse of grammar statements, or the one where he thinks maybe he'd be the only one who didn't realise that because he sucks at Japanese?

>The one where the cunt calls him out for not playing the straightman at her misuse of grammar statements
Oh fuck me, I thought it's deeper than it actually is.

数時間あれば1冊よめるとおもうよ

人物の名前だけ難くして、雰囲気だけ難しくしてるけど、内容は薄いからね

>数時間あれば1冊よめる
unbelievable

How many months in did you finish your first "real" visual novel (as in, not Hanahira)?

I'm almost at the 4 month mark and nearing the end of one and feel pretty proud of it, especially since it isn't a generic moege. I wonder if reading Baldr after this as my second eroge would be too early to appreciate it, hmm.

Finished my first one casually reading in a couple weeks

I've been studying for over 2 years and I still haven't beaten a single VN. They're fucking awful, man.

I was reading for close to a year before I even decided to pick up a VN

LN > VN

ひとりのクオリア took me a month, and it's marked as 2-10 hours on vndb.
Reading Island now and it's already taking more than 2 months, I feel like I'll never get to read fast.

several weeks

2 days.

I always get bored and start reading something else before I finish anything.

できぬ

Just finished Flyable Heart.

日本語はそんなにむずかしくない。
聞いて話すのは。
でも読んで書くのはファッキンくそむずかしい。

>ぬ
かっこいいじゃん

>日本語は聞くのも話すのも読むのも書くのも糞難しい

にほんごは書きにくいけど、速読しやすいから。個人差がおおきいけどかなり早くよめるようになるとおもうよ

どうして速読しやすいのかって

男言葉とか女言葉とか、キャラによってはっきり言葉遣いを変えるから、誰が話してるのかつかってる語尾とかつかってる一人称とかでわかるのが理由じゃないかなあとおもうよ

はなしことばと、かきことばが

はっきり違うってのは、にほんごの欠点だとおもうよ

そうか?
漢字はすごく便利と思うけど

行間を読み紙背に徹する眼光が必要
空気を読んで隠喩を使って敬語を使っておべっかを使って
面倒至極

At what level can I read Seinen manga like Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul etc.

>I'm almost at the 4 month mark and nearing the end of one and feel pretty proud of it, especially since it isn't a generic moege.

In reality you barely understood it and were mostly making up shit based on machine translation of nouns and verbs.

でしょう

I smell projection of your own ability here.

Nah, just seen too many of such people on Reddit. Why the confrontative tone?

Is this from the novels? In the CoR his works are supposed to be HARDER THAN STEEL level of difficulty but it didn't seem so much from this block, although I had to dictionary/OCR a bunch of words...

"Hum, wasn't that Araragi-kun's? But that's weird isn't it? Before, when I rode on the back of your bicycle, it seems it had a completely different shape."
"That was for school commute. There's no way I'd ride a granny bike like that in my private time."
"Hm, I see. Araragi-kun is a high schooler right?"
Senjougahara said as she nodded. You're a high schooler too.
"High schooler. Mountain bike."
"You're talking as if you want to say something..."
"High schooler. Mountain bike. Middle schooler. Butterfly knife. Elementary schooler. Skirt lifting."
"What's with that ill-intended listing!?"
"There's no adjectives or particles, so you can't know if it's ill-mannered or not do you? You're assuming on your own and yet yelling at a girl, Araragi-kun. Intimidation is a form of violence, isn't it? Or is it abusive language a form of violence? In any way, that's not good..."
"Then, let me see you put particles and adjectives in that."
"A high schooler's mountain bike is, along with a middle schooler's butterfly knife, more than a elementary schooler's skirt lifting, unlikely better."
"I don't even want to comment on that!"
"No, Araragi-kun. That's not it, you're supposed to say [unlikely] isn't an adjective but a verb with another negation auxiliary verb, right?"
"How am I supposed to know this instantly!?"
That's just like the holder of the highest grades in the top class. No, maybe it's my fault...
I'm bad at japanese.

Done.
Although I think めくり is being ambiguous as "fold" and "skirt lifting" so I think it loses some meaning in that. Not to mention the part of sentence structure which doesn't make sense in english at all, but meh.

I take longer to come up with english sentences than to read that, so I'm doing it right, r-right?

>Why the confrontative tone?
Do you even read your own posts?

>Nah, just seen too many of such people on Reddit
You need to go back

>Weekend anki

Actually not as painful today as it is most Saturdays for some reason

My post was an experience-based guess. Sorry if it touched you inappropriately. Was it true?

>I had to dictionary/OCR

Which ones?

>"A high schooler's mountain bike is, along with a middle schooler's butterfly knife, more than a elementary schooler's skirt lifting, unlikely better."
hmm

This is why I can't stand autists.

造形
含む
羅列
助詞
形容詞
推測
恫喝
毒舌
咄嗟
成績
保持者

I know my vocab is very poor.

I don't know how to make it sound correctly in english, so I added the "better". My ESL is also pretty limited...

英語だって違うじゃない
昔じゃなきゃ文語なんて丁寧な説明口調程度だよ

Says the guy shitting himself from reading his first VN and taking 4 months.

Sorry that I'm not impressed. But I guess you're so fragile you shatter from being told you're still shit.

>Although I think めくり is being ambiguous as "fold" and "skirt lifting" so I think it loses some meaning in that.
スカートめくり is a very specific thing, there's no ambiguity.

Glad to see a fellow redditor in these remote parts. Yoroshku my friend.

Give me one good reason to learn Katakana.

heh i only grasped like 40% of the whole thing, but i cant even read yotsubato very well, dont know why i even tried

Because everyone here tells you to read anything any time, no matter how good you are, even if you take months and have to look up 80% of the text. It's because people only care about being able to say they "read" something, not actually learning or reading.

Listen Steve I know katakana is scary but it's just something you'll have to do

ばか
バカ
馬鹿
莫迦
you can see obvious difference

>In the CoR his works are supposed to be HARDER THAN STEEL
They're isn't, the writing is pretty straightforward.
The only hard part is the fuck ton of vocab, but it's not a problem if you rikai that shit.

>experience-based guess
In other words, a projection.

O-olá... e-eu estou na classe certa?