Oreimo

Sup Sup Forums,

Just finished this and what the fuck was with the ending? Seriously, any other ending would have been better.

Welcome to the club. Everyone hated the ending.

The ending itself is decent. Read the LNs/After Story/pastebin etc..

Was this backlash appeasement?

I didn't like the ending either, they should have just stayed a couple and kissed more

That's exactly what happened though.

I watched the anime, I don't want to read shit nerds

Then you don't get to complain, idiot.

Just read the pastebin, the ending seems a bit better now. However, I still would have preferred anything else.

Any other ending would have made no sense. Yes it sucks it got censored but the core message is still there.

Kill yourself.

I don't know if it would have made no sense. Sure, Kirino would be hurt in almost all other choices. In the current ending though, everyone else is hurt and Kirino still has issues.

Hmm, could work.

That doesn't mean it should have ended differently. Are you suggestting he should have dated someone else or nobody at all? Then it would be the same, only that it would be retarded story and character wise.

Well he ends up not going all out with Kirino. That is an option. Or any of the other girls and Kirino working out her issues with them. I think these choices would have more of a cadence to it, and thus would serve as a better ending.

No one at all is essentially what happened. Kyou seems to have acquired some friendship along the way, however he's alienated all romantic interests he's had. His relationship with Kirino seems to be on a cycle now which is terrible for both of them in my opinion.

Any other ending would have made more sense. He goes full retard and turns down 4 healthy sustainable relationships so that he can fuck his sister in secret. Incest is hot doujin bait but it's not a viable life choice in the long term

I would have liked to see an ayase end, or him plowing kirino's tan american friend.

>Well he ends up not going all out with Kirino
Yes he does, they date for 3 months´, "break up" and get together again at the very end. We know they are still together half a year later.

How can you actually say any other pairing would have more cadence? He loves Kirino and she loves him, anything else would be plain stupid. You don't try to have as many options open as possible, that's not how love works. Not to mention it would have gone against the entire story and buildup. They both need and love each other, it's perfect that they ended up together, despite Kirino trying her best to abandon that path.

I'm not saying they don't love each other. I only saw Kirino upset about a kiss at the end. If they got back together, that'd be better than what I saw. There is speculation that they are still seeing each other but outwardly acting siblings, however I don't get that from the ending that I watched. The ending I saw was that they essentially have both of their love lives on indefinite hold, as if almost waiting for the brother/sister problem to resolve (something that never will).

That's such a warped point of view, you don't pursue the girl that makes for the easiest relationship. Yes the incest route is hard and at one point they will likely get in trouble because of it but it's not like it's impossible. One theory is that Kirino goes to Europe for modelling and Kyousuke acts as her manager, we know he can do that.

This is what getting popular does to authors. The author never planned for imouto end, but the fans sperged enough that he was forced to retroactively fuck everything and everyone else over to make room for the abomination we got.

I'm sorry but you need to have read the novels to have a say in this, the anime is a shit adaption that butchered the story and characters. At least read the other pastebin linked in the guide. At the end Kirino finally accepts her love for Kyousuke and stops trying to abandon their relationship.

>- The ending had been planned for a long time, and become more concrete around the time that the author was working on the bonus features (the animated commentaries) for the first season of the anime.
Shitpost elsewhere.

Alright, if you say that they get back together indefinitely in the LNs, I'll accept the ending as a mediocre (censored version) of an alright ending in my book.

Are they still friends with everyone? I imagine Manami and Ayase are definite no gos, and I'm surprised Kuroneko came back around as she did.

>Hated the ending
Nah, I see it for what it is.
True love

I doubt Manami would stay friends with Kyou after that, but I don't think Ayase really ever knew about the relationship, which is probably for the best.
Neko seems ok with it, as long as Kirino doesn't talk about their sex life

I thought you were aware of that, assuming you were .

That's another thing that sucks a bit, Fushimi had to resolve so many things in the last 2 volumes there wasn't enough space for side characters. It was pretty obvious that Kuroneko would come to terms with the siblings dating,

they are a central part in her life and pretty much her only good friends besides Saori. Kanako had no problems with her rejection, though her romance was stupid to begin with. Manami is definitely gone,

her main goal was to prevent Kirino and Kyousuke from dating and she failed miserably. We can't be sure about Ayase but I would assume she's more or less fine with it too, she became a lot more accepting over the course of the series and she likes Kyousuke and still adores Kirino.

Also she and Kuroneko are friends with benefits so her social life also revolves around the siblings so it would be stupid of her to hate them. In the After Story it's said that a new girl joined the otaku group, that could mean Ayase.

>kuronekofags falseflagging
She was the one who got a forced relation with senpai because of the fans, Kirino end was set in stone from the very beginning.

Ayase definitely knew that Kirino and Kyousuke love each other and she isn't stupid, she definitely knew who Kyousuke meant when he said he already loved someone else during her rejection scene.

Knowing Ayase, she might be ignoring it on purpose to make it an easier pill to swallow.

I didn't see anything related to afterwards aside from a short story that told nothing of the sort. I read the pastebin specifically related to the ending which just hypothesized that their relationship was in a sort of cyclical stalemate as I said earlier.

So yea, that'd be great seeing Ayase in the group. Though I doubt she would join for its' name, rather the people.

Maybe but I don't really think so, she stopped lying to herself about Kyousuke and accepted Kirino being an otaku. That 2 of her best friends are in an incestuous relationship might be a bit much but I guess she'll tolerate it, just like Saori.

Ayase actually started collecting figures herself, it wouldn't be far-fetched if she also started watching anime.

I get that feeling that Saori TOLERATES it, but isn't exactly accepting of it

Yeah, Saori doesn't accept it but her friends are far more important to her so she tolerates their relationship. That would make sense for Ayase too. Sucks she didn't get a scene after her rejection.

Did Saori have romantic feeling for him?

No.

3 years after the fact and people are still mad about Kirino winning the Oreo. Unbelievable.

It's mostly triggered purists who support Manami, or Nekofriends who just can't get over the fact that she got shot the fuck down

I'm happy with Kirino, but you can't say you don't feel bad for her. (Or maybe you can in some fucked up way).

Well, she only has herself to blame for postponing her rejection and making it harder for herself.

I never said I didn't feel bad. Especially when Kana starts her trademark screaming sobs.

Didn't Kyou say he was going to work on Kirino and save himself for her?

Wasn't her main goal for the 3 of them to be happy together, and it got waylaid because she fell in love with Kyou, which made it harder for her to Break Up With Senpai?

He was about to reject her in volume 8 but she stopped him, fainted and then continued to pursue him for 3 more volumes, interrupting him several times when he tried to tell her off.

Not that theory again, go away.

Could Kirino have ever really accepted Kyou going out with someone that wasn't her?

Sure, people change. Kyou did.

Not in the short term. She was going to leave for Europe for sure. Long term? Who knows.

I doubt it, she did encourage Kyousuke to take Kuroneko serious but she never actually accepted them going out. Maybe if he didn't stop her from going to Europe but that's so theoretical.

I don't feel bad for her.
I think that what she did to the siblings was horrible and was glad to see her get wrecked.

Who is the best girl and why is it Sakurai?

It's a shame normies will never appreciate her, because she got adapted out of the fucking anime

>normies
Go away.

This anime has made me think of picking up some those VN's on steam. Guess I'll need to get back to working on my Japanese.

>People who didn't read the LN, and thought the anime was the definitive version
What would you call them, then?

Call them secondaries or so but fuck off to /r9k/ with your normie shit.

I want a picture of them both, wearing each other's clothes

Think Manami ever told anyone about them? She threatened to, and after the massive wrecking she got, I wonder if she would actually do it

She actually might. She said she wouldn't after Kyousuke made it clear it wouldn't stop him but she is a piece of shit.

The bigger question is, what would happen? Depending on who she told, the outcome would be radically different.
If we base his reaction off the theory that he knows about the siblings, then not much would change if she told Daisuke, he would probably just tell them (in some way) to be more careful

I think Manami still cares for Kyousuke. The last thing she wants is to hurt him and get him to go all out for his sister. So she won't tell anyone. The best she can hope for is for them to get over it.

I don't believe in the "Daisuke knows and approves" theory, I think at first he would be absolutely against it and probably even kick them out but after realising he can't do anything he'd come to terms with it, after all he really loves his kids. Manami could potentially fuck their lives though, if she manages to make a big deal out of it Kirino might not find a good modelling job anymore and overall they could get in trouble with most employers. However it seemed like Manami just wanted to walk away from all of it, I don't think she wants to play any role in the siblings' lives.

If Manami managed to ruin their lives like that, would they stay together? Or would pragmatism win over

They would stay together, maybe move to another country and try to start over.

Would they keep in touch with their parents and friends?
Friends, probably, i'm on the fence about their parents though

Probably just over the internet. This is getting a bit too abstract.

>They move to Scandanavia, where they meet their distant cousins, the Kasuganos

This is why we need a sequel.

If you want a Kirino thread just ask OP. You don't need to shit post.

Stupid Manami edit.

God damn, I can't find the Hail Cthulu edit of that gif.

>People are still mad over best girl winning

So did they fug?
Is it canon?

Maybe
Yes

At the hotel, on christmas? Probably not.
Afterwards? At least once, probably a fuck ton of times

>That first night was probably nothing but loving cuddles
>Every night afterwards was loving cuddles, mixed in with rabid, loving sex

Brown hair Kirino a best
If she stopped dying it it would also probably trigger some suppressed instincts in Kyousuke and the sex would be incredible for awhile

>Implying they didn't try this
I have no doubt

I want to fuck Kirino.

>tfw the only thing left to discuss about Oreimo is their sex life

>You will never be as sexually active as these two siblings are

From vol 10:
>"Before I properly resolve things up with Kirino, I won't go out with anyone."
>"…Um."
>Kuroneko looked down before turning her head to me.
>"Good… it's the same as my plan…"
>A gentle smile.
>"Then let's do our best to resolve things as well as we can."

Since apparently nobody bothered to actually read Ruri's story, I'll lay it all down for you:

It was the other way around, she fell in love with Kyou, and was about to confess to him in vol 5 since Kirino was gone for the foreseeable future, but then when Kyou received a text from Kirino, she stowed her feelings and persuaded him to go to her and bring her back. After that she felt conflicted since she loved him but didn't want to hurt Kirino. Seeing that the sibling's relationship wasn't progressing and Kirino was becoming increasingly jealous, she eventually wrote her destiny record, which would allow her to get closer to Kyou, bring Kirino's jealousy to a peak, eventually forcing her confession and ultimately backing down to push the siblings together. Upon executing the final step of this plan she had a panic attack and fainted. After coming to, she rewrote her destiny record to include the three of them living happily together.

>and ultimately backing down to push the siblings together
But this never happened.

She broke up with him and forced Kirino to confess her feelings knowing full well that he wouldn't take her back. Her original destiny record depicted only Kyousuke and Kirino sitting together in the final illustration.

>On the top, it said the illustration was named 'The ideal world'.
>It was drawn in manga style – Kuroneko's normal style. Unlike her normal
>illustration, this one didn't use purple and black, and had a warm and gentle feeling.
>Compared to the 'The scream' just now, it was completely different.
>Surrounding the dining table was me and ---
>"Kirino…?"

Oreimo: Brotherhood when?

You seem to be pretending that everything involving Ruri after volume 8 didn't happen. She was grinding for that dick in volume 10 harder than anyone.

I referenced vol 10 in my first post >After coming to, she rewrote her destiny record to include the three of them living happily together
So she decided to try for a harem ending, although she didn't really expect it to work. From vol 11:
>Kirino grit her teeth.
>"— Why do you say that!? You, Ayase too…! Even if you confess, it is useless! Because he is a hopeless siscon!"
>"I know that much. Both of us will confess exactly because of that —!"
>Kuroneko said and nodded.

That guy thinks Kuroneko planned everything but couldn't stick to that plan and suddenly decided to actually pursue Kyousuke after forcing him to choose between her and Kirino.

>she decided to try for a harem ending
Your quote actually proves that statement wrong.

Stealing or attempting to steal an onii-chan from his imouto is wrong.

She learned her lesson

Kuroneko needed to be punched as well.

I surprisingly see nothing wrong with Sakurai's attempts, though. I guess it's because she's upfront about it and fails spectacularly.

She got wrecked when Kyou told her he loves Kirino more. No need for violence.
Manami, on the other hand, struck first, and so deserved the assbeating she should have gotten for picking a fight with an athlete

The siblings are literally together because of Kuroneko's efforts

That's literally bullshit. Kuroneko was the main reason they didn't get together earlier, because she stood between them after volume 5.

They would have been fine without her. She honestly just got in the way.