Teens 'rebelling against social media', say headteachers

>Almost two-thirds of schoolchildren would not mind if social media had never been invented, research suggests.

>A survey of almost 5,000 students, mainly aged between 14 and 16, found a growing backlash against social media - with even more pupils (71%) admitting to taking digital detoxes to escape it.

>Some girls found fears of being offline were replaced by feelings of relief.

>Sixth former Isobel Webster, 17, said: "There's a feeling that you have to go on Instagram, or whatever [site], to see what everyone's doing - sometimes everyone's talking about something and you feel like you have to look at it too".

>Prefects at Benenden set up a temporary ban on mobile phones and social media in March, after concerns that younger pupils were spending too much time on their phones in their rooms.

>Headmistress Samantha Price said: "In the run-up I was worried about how the girls would cope, but afterwards they were wondering what all the fuss had been about and said we should do it again - but for even longer next time, which I found incredibly reassuring".

The gen Z meme is real lads. How are facebook addicted millennials and boomers ever going to recover?

Social media is cancer anyways

If facebook is social media, is Sup Forums antisocial media?

i never fell for the social media meme and i'm 23.
never even had facebook account

Gen Z here, I have social media accounts, but I hardly use them. I already got rid of 2 of them, and will keep one for the sake of getting a job and seeming professional online.

Haven't used Facebook since 2013, and I've only been on Twitter or Instagram a handful of times.

t. 21

fug but that’s how I score feet pics from female friends

4 chan > social media

Good for them. Social media is cancer.

>Not posting your life to the internet
Think of the poor corporations and governments! How will they get all of your personal information now?

>A survey of almost 5,000 students
>Almost two-thirds of (all) schoolchildren
This is irrelevant, because social media is a surface level addiction, we've known this for a long time.
What is important is how easy it is to make up a statistic and back it up with 'evidence'.

22, had/have a face book account. Made it when I was around 13 because people kept going on about me getting one, stock photo of a random dog from the Internet as profile picture, added all the people that wanted me on it, made one post "facebook is for faggots". It has been left in attended ever since.

Generation Z confirmed for /ourguys/

>that person in every thread who only used it 'once'
>that person in every thread who has to justify his single use of it
Like heroin addicts.

>is Sup Forums antisocial media?

Without a doubt. It's probably damaging to convince yourself otherwise.

That's great news to hear. I wonder if American children are capable of doing the same.

Good, social media is fucking self absorbed cancer anyways.

this is the best news i have heard all month

Only people above 40 and narcissists care about social media

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

>that one guy that doesn't get that I was sharing a fun little story

That faggot turns more and more eerie every time that soulless face is shown

I remember reading an interesting prediction that the coming generations would not just be rebelling against mainstream media, but all externally produced media, and return to a system of e-zines and pamphlets.

Did the same thing a year ago, uninstalled twitter, instagram and facebook from my phone.

I still come here though which is also a massive waste of time, but I can't seem to quit.

Same here. I've never had any social media. Everyone thought I was edgy because I refused to have one, now people actually say they're jealous because "I must have like, no stress in my life".

People are just fucking stupid.

Social media is fucking cancer. I hope the Generation Zyklon backlash is so severe we can finally overthrow the Jews and their Silicon Valley technology and NYC financial corporations and save the world for their evil shit

B-but I'm human just like you...

We're at or approaching one extreme of the spectrum. Inevitably the pendulum will swing eventually swing back.

instagram is only shit if you use it like facebook or if you're going full incel by only following insta-sluts
otherwise you can make it so your feed is only cool shit that you like

As a member of Gen Z, or a millennial on the border with Gen Z (where the fuck is the cut off?), I can confirm that there is no generation that hates social media more than us. I fucking despise it.

Read:

>itt: Loser Nofriends bragging about having no friends to peer pressure him into getting Facebook
I still have Facebook. Fuck you. It's useful if you want to contact someone but don't have their mobile number.

That sounds great in my opinion, the less social media the better.

Don't really understand why you people are acting like this good for "your" cause though, the main reason conservative ideology us able to spread is because guillible fools eat your shit memes and fake news up on social media. If kids actually get out in the world and don't grow up in isolated echochambers they'll simply become more progressive, or well, normal. As we've seen time and time again people who meet other cultures, races and live in the real world are more likely to be accepting and move society towards a better tomorrow, and not become rural and suburban retards writing about Obummer or Pepe on facebook.

I'm 24 and I deleted my social media (goybook) less than a year into using it.

shit's tarded

Yeah, I had a very compact feed and never looked at the popular or recommended tab.

I removed it because I thought I'd try to recompense lack of facebook and twitter by browsing instagram more.
In the end it's still wasted time though.

Millennial here

Sup Forums and drudge are all I go on

Generation Z are redpilled by life. We don't need to do shit. If we're going to have the youth away from social media platforms we need to adjust to their tastes, like spreading PDFs/textfiles for them.

>system of e-zines and pamphlets.
I dont get it, what would it mean in le current year?

YOU SHALL NOT B-B-BYPASS ME

OYYYY VEYYYYYYYYYY
DID WE PUSH THE GOYIM TOO FAR ?

Exactly what it always did. Think about how far and wide the Anarchist's Cookbook got.

same. I don't watch TV or listen to popular music either.

Nah it's just youthful rebellion, Schlomo.
e.g
>kid sees his parents spend their time on social media
>Kid: eww that's boring if my old geezers are doing it

Oh weren't you an edgy little 13 year old

jewtube, 4chin and whatever else is pretty much it.

Neo transendentalists by 2030

You will see the children raised in our hyper connected and nihilistic world return to nature, romanticism and faith

Sup Forums is anti-social media

It is a means to an end.

Depends genneration borders are squishy but like 1997 +\- a couple years

>water is the same as fire

Personal story about how great you are on an anonymous board. Neck yourself and everybody that replies to you in a serious manner.

I use it so yes

gave up on vidya a generation ago as well.
I do have a working PS2, plus NES-PSX emulation as well.

Most recent game I played was Automata, which was decent tbqh; Might torrent Dark Souls, heard it's good.

Just as planned

Dark Souls is more fun to think about playing than actually playing.

If you want a hard game that's actually fun, try and track down a copy of God Hand.

>le rural and suburban retards meme
>support local family farms!
Don't you have neighbors to call the cops on?

Don't fall for the gen z meme. They're just as bad as the millenials when it comes to social media, if not worse

Nothing even says there's be a "open" (even compared the the much tighter internet that we have now compared to even a decade ago) at all by the time most of these kids enter the world.

heard it's a cult classic, might burn it. Love obscure games, Killer 7 is in my top 5.

>go for a job interview a few years back when facebook and the like were booming heavily
>sit down with the interviewer, pad some laughs explain what I've done and where I've worked etc
>she casually asks me, "so what kind of social media do you have, what's your Facebook like"?
>i casually mention I don't have a Facebook
>she gives me this weird look and kind of stammers out "o..oh, uh well what about your Instagram or Twitter? I'm sure you like sharing pictures and opinions?"
>i tell her I have no social media accounts because I like my privacy and that they usually lead to drama
>she gives me this really long pause before suddenly talking again as if the previous conversation never happened
>interview ends and a few weeks later I get a call back thanking me for applying but the spot had been filled
>friend I had told me that she came back to the other PR hens and started clucking about some weird, creepy guy with no social media
>my face when I didn't get a job because of dumb bitches

It absolutely genius. You'll never forget it.

It's made by Clover, and is easily up there in terms of quality with Okami and Viewtiful Joe.

I have a job but every time we get new employees or managers they end up asking if they want to add them on facebook. "I tried looking for you to send a friend's request but I couldn't find anything." Yeah I don't have any social media it is shit, no grown man should have it. It's for women

Compared to some bullshit studies that get pushed further this is no surprise.
The one in five women will be raped in college stat came from a sample size of 5446 total, in addition to grouping unwanted flirting with forced penetration.
Stats are absolutely meaningless unless you recognize the context they were taken in.
For the op study the context is that 13-18 year old girls (the key demographic of social media in everyone's minds) is actually resentful of its creation. Just because they were forced to take a break from it.

To be fair, you are a weird creepy guy. But that shouldn't be relevant in finding a job.

Not relevant,

Literally being male to start with is a disadvantage

No wonder men are becoming women

>kids don't want to be connected to everyone all the time forever every second of the day
wew lad

scat rape? wtf my loyal stable boy?

>No wonder men are becoming women
Not only that, men are better women.

This place damages me as a human being, and it's a massive time sink. I become a demonstrably worse person and don't have interest in doing anything else. I go through a phase of coming on here every year or so, then cut myself off.

>tfw made an account just for Petville

deleted facebook back in 2011 and haven't looked back since

Bowling buddies was addictive back in 2008

I try to restrict my Sup Forums useage by only coming here when I need something concrete, like going to Sup Forums when there's an election or a shooting.

But I always end up browsing around afterwards for a couple of days and wasting massive amounts of time.

Social media, Facebook in particular has been overrun by older people sharing recipes and posting "like and share if you ______!" It's quite bizarre how obsessed the older age range is to Facebook, while younger people are beginning to reject it, maybe because of this.
For example, my younger sister who is 18 hates Facebook and we have hearty laughs together about our aunty who is late 50's and posts cringe shit on Facebook 24/7.

Social media absolutely destryoed millenials and gen x fags. Good on these kids

That's exactly why I'm here, actually. I came for Paddock information back when it was fresh because the media was revealing no information. I need to pull myself away again.

>we reject social media
>using social media (Sup Forums)

facebook is all identity and no message

is social media

Sup Forums is all message, no identity

is not

Plus the political commentary by boomers is woefully cucked.

To be honest I'm starting to think that the web in its current form has long-since passed the point of diminishing returns.

I long for the return to smaller communities. About all there is now for that, which is reasonably active and interesting, is sdf.org.

He is at least 50% lizard.

>Not making an account to follow hard right pages

It's not my real name and I have zero friends, but there's a bunch of great pages with excellent info and right wing philosophy

Stop spamming your shit thread, faggot.

Sup Forums pretty much serves as a two fingers held up to social media. There is no attention whoring here, no brand development, no use of beauty or wealth as a means of usurping others. Sup Forums is a means of communicating with all the superfluous stuff (race, height, wage, gender, physical beauty) removed. Other social media sites are pretty much the opposite, in that nothing really is communicated but all the other stuff is way more important.

>Almost two-thirds of schoolchildren would not mind if social media had never been invented, research suggests.
Glad to hear it.

The moment I started reading stories about job interviewers and companies demanding access to your Faceberg account, I deleted mine. That was about five years ago. It's only after it's gone do you realize how fucking useless that garbage is. I mean, you're not actually talking to people on there, you're just seeing them spam their illiterate libshit opinions over and over and over.

what?

>antisocial media
ohhh that explains so much

Sorry, realise that was a bit confusing. What I was saying was that there's nothing that guarantees a free and open internet for them to use to "red pill" them.

The internet is far more controlled now that it used to be, so I was highlighting that the current trajectory isn't looking good.

That's why we're here.

>scat rape
PULL DOWN YOUR PANTS, BITCH
bee bap bap bee dap bap
YEAH TAKE IT. STOP CRYING
doo dee doo dop dop
baa badote dote
*cums*

I've got jobs and I think sometimes it's because I have no social media presence that can be linked to me. Companies are very aware of how that shit can impact them negatively

"Be a ____, ____ that ____!"

>If kids actually get out in the world and don't grow up in isolated echochambers they'll simply become more progressive
libshits literally believe this

>"Be a ____, ____ that ____!"
be a good goy, document that activity

These are millennials, retard. Literally born in 2000.

Absolutely.

I have zero social media unless. I don't think my real name is anywhere on the internet.