Scanlation Thread

Where are my peeps at?

Slacking.

Waiting for EBJ fix.

Scan it like a normal person

Halcyon user(INA one), you here?
Received the scripts from another group(gotta say, chibi rip's ch.1 is still superior to theirs).
Wanted to compare with yours. Then I or my buddy(a jp translator) would proof the best script.
Send it here [email protected]

Translating a couple chapters and resisting the urge to drink a cold beer because it makes me sleepy.

Speaking of scanlating, it seems a mod is white-knighting a certain scanlation group for some reason. You can't criticize this group, or call them shit, or do anything without getting warned. Pic related. Ban me if you want mod, at least I'll be able to focus on my TL then.

Just a head's up that Kirei Cake is fucking garbage and should be banned from scanlating for 15 YEARS

>m-muh rello is jesus
Kirei actually knows how to typeset

Who cares about rello, you 15 years old cuck?

I don't like webtoon shit but there's this Korean magazine called Quang Comics that is all about artsy and experimental comics, I don't know much about it other than it has a very talented artist I stumbled upon on Instagram by the name of plato_q (I'm sure it has more great ones though).

Now I'm sure the amount of Korean translators is minimal and those interested in anything not webtoon or not popular even less, but still, I lose nothing by bringing attention to these small comics that maybe someone else might be interested in them as well and hopefully someday one might get scanlated.

It doesn't have a paper release. My scanner is fucking dead so it wouldn't work either way.

>tfw no longer scanlate and now do lettering for real $$
Very few will ever get on my level.
Also, stop using topaz.

I'm looking for a JP translator.

Go on.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/hinamatsuri-r7950

Oh shit, JCafe is actually back up.

Looks like a korean equivalent of AX but it's probably like ten times harder to obtain

>Downloads public raw
>Sees it's shitty nanaichi rips blown up by waifu

Why is this allowed?

This garbage is translated already either way, so who cares

You can buy the releases through their website, I'm just not sure if it allows for a digital version.

So we're going to pick up Vector Ball

Anyone know where to find scans for volume 1?

>reading niggastream ever
>reading scanlations ever

Some of us aren't at the mercy of some rando retarded out for epeen.

(inb4 yes I'm aware there are pic related and crunchyroll, still won't read them)

My copy of omd seems to download stuff fine off ebj, except for pic related and one issue of Young Animal. Dunno if the site was experimenting with a new algo that week or something.

Ask sokuyomi user

>credit pages

>Jaiminis Shithouse
Nigga whatcha doing?

Not as bad as recruitment pages

>said I wasn't going to read that "alternative" either

lrn to read

>Credit pages where each member makes a "funny" comment.

>ShoujoSense
They actually buy volumes
and save them in shit quality
and
put watermarks on them

Oh, they just buy it and screen cap the pages if that's all you can do for now

Yeah because people scanlate for the money, fuck off

They are the worst, they can't do anything right without fuckups

>he doesn't scanlate for money

Not an argument

Been working on the next BABY chapter, should be out in a couple of days. Also got a new project underway, it's really good.

Why did scanlation move towards cramming text vertical-wise just to have it completely centered?

It
Lo-
oks
Li-
ke
Sh-
it.

Why? What mistakes did that group do?

Take a guess

Au-
tism
and
pop-
ular
gro-
ups
in
car-
tels?

That's an exaggeration right, or can you post examples?

>lying to get cash from their readers
>picking up random popular series to make more cash instead of catching up on their past projects
>being dicks

It had fixed man
Just ask that guy

What said, also bad/stiff translations

Mind sharing your copy? I want to get something from 2015 which should be doable but I always get a detection error. Maybe it's my old as fuck release (1.10).

Oops, meant 0.1.10.

There is nothing wrong with topaz when used correctly. It's literally just the built in photoshop filters but with more control over them.

One image here was destroyed with topaz, the other was destroyed with built in filters. Can you tell which is which?

The guy made me promise not to share the copy, so maybe a 10-minute link?

What if he's reading this Thread?

Works perfectly for me, even 5 if you want.

Yeah, I probably ratfucked him just by mentioning the option.

email:

mankitsuscans at inbox dotto com

Hey! All donations go for his ill mom. He assumed that by doing scanlation, he can support her. Online jobs or crappy part-time jobs will never equal the amount of moneyz(donations) in scanlation!

You are breaking his promise?

I'm not posting it online, so no

I literally just got offered money for scanlation if I give MangaRock exclusivity for a week on all my shit. Some people will probably take them up on their offer.

How much money?

They're mainly offering "promotion" for your work as they apparently get 600,000 daily readers. They also mention they might give you 5-8 USD per chapter.

I turned it down because fuck giving one site the chapter a week early.

I would if I knew how to remain completely anonymous through the payment.

Yeah imagine having to report that shit on your tax report.

I'm more worried about my employer finding out about it.

Why do faggots think they'll get more revenue with matermarks the size of moons, even more when they literally just rip the images from other manga host sites. I'm looking at you mangapanda and your oversized crap of a watermark.

>So Mr. user, you work on translating japanese pron comics?

They told me about $5-8 per chapter too.

Thanks for the terrifying nightmares.

Speaking of Chinese pr0n, when the hell are we going to get Towako? Is there someone you can commission raw scans?

Is there a good way to get raws if I don't want to scan everything myself?

EBJ.

Find someone in Japan.

So who else got one of these?

I got one, not even going to bother answering.

I wish I would so I could get a good laugh.

But user, $6.0!

>rich sites like Sup Forums, Reddit

Scanlate something popular and you probably will.

Is kami still working? I can't log in with the old URL anymore.

>There is nothing wrong with topaz
There is everything wrong with topaz and if you are using any of those filters on manga, then you fucking suck and need to stop immediately.

I think the issues is more that I don't have my own site or e-mail for scanlation contact shit.

Why not? You're missing out on dick sucking.

I bet you don't even know how to use it.

I bet you don't even know what you're doing.

What kind of retard doesn't go out of his way to learn every single method online? The answer is you.

It moved from com to al

>one week exclusiveness AND linking to them
Are these niggers for real?

Which manga are you waiting for that will never ever be scanlated completely?
>Hiiragi Shougakkou Renai Club
>Koe de Oshigoto

This is why I'm learning nip.

>tfw I didn't
I'm not sure if I'm glad or sad.

com still works for me

Yeah, fuck that shit.

Warmly waiting for new drama ala another round of Fuck Tazmo/ Naruto Fan.com / Fuck Manga Fox watermarks or something.

If you're working on a weekly series, Topaz is not optional.

>5-8 USD per chapter.
Pfff, isn't that like 1hr of unskilled labor in burgerstan?

$7 is minimum wage in the greatest country the world has ever seen.

No, minimum wage will soon be 15USD per hour.

>Bernout believes this
She's not going to keep her promises, you know

I like how you didn't answer which image was done with which process.

And you understand very little about scanlation.
Sending a picture to your computer via beams of light is a far from a perfect process. The image gets warped, recolored, damaged and resized. Filters are the only way to correct those imperfections.

Not him but is the top one topaz?

>5 to 8 USD
I get more drawing shitty adoptables for tumblr. 270 straight USD for a few recolourations of the same drawing. Art buys RAWs and books and it's less tedious than redrawing shit and finding a translator.

>I like how you didn't answer which image was done with which process.
Because it doesn't matter what process was used. Fuck your arbitrary argument, faggot. If you use anything besides leveling and resizing on your scans, stop scanlating immediately.

>In the middle of translating and typesetting a loli doujin
>Alt tab as soon as I hear my mom opening the door
>It brings up the original JP raw I had open in a different window for some stupid fucking reason

Fuck.