So which anime has worse cgi, Sidonia or Berserk?

So which anime has worse cgi, Sidonia or Berserk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=go2FYOhipiE
youtube.com/watch?v=DiZJkYg4n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=sDIcQrEhrLM
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=979
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sidonia looked bad at times and good at others, the new Berserk anime has been a consistent level of shit

Berserk. It's actually shocking how bad the cgi is

Berserk, because sidonia worked with its CGI, and had some cool looking scenes. It captured Nihei's style in a way that hand drawn couldn't.

Berserk has no idea what its doing with its CGI and is a mishmash of shitty CGI and almost decent hand drawn animation.

berserk is pure shit, sidonia's battle scenes were works of art

Apergio of blue see.

Waifus can't be CGI.

In the past 5 years, has there been a worse looking anime than berserk? Its literally shocking how horrible it looks, i thought it was just the cg but the rape horse scene showed their 2d animation is even worse. Queenbee hentai looks better than this shit

Sidonia was ok. Berserk is just bad on another level.

wasnt god eater pretty bad?

clangserk

The movies are looking pretty good right about now.

I can't believe Berserk is being made unironically
I had low expectations but I kept going what the fuck aloud repeatedly during the last episode
I couldn't even finish it after the rape horse scene

That shit looked worse than early PS2 games

Berserk, Sidonia looked strange but at least the 3D for the mechs (which are hard to draw/keep on model) it made sense. Berserk 2016 has strange choices for what should be 3D, which is just about everything except for a few stills and maybe 3 seconds of animation. For things like carts and background characters sure it's not like they would have any distinct features anyway but for absolutely everything it's terrible.

Sidonia was definitely a mixed bag. Most of the scenes with characters looked like something out of artificial academy, but all the battle scenes looked cool as shit

sidonia had pretty backgrounds and the characters looked fine when they werent moving to much.

Berserk. I'm going to post this every week until Berserk stops having horrible animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=go2FYOhipiE

Anohana?

if you dont like it, just keep waching sailor moon you fa ggets

Sidonia is 10 times better

Sailor Moon's animation is pretty bad too though

God Eater looked good.

Aside from the shitty frame rate and clunky animations, Sidonia was pretty good.

There isn't a single redeemable point in this new Berserk.

Sidonia's character scenes were bad, but the space combat scenes made really good use of CG

>The movies are looking pretty good right about now.
Better comparatively but definitely not good.

this.

and even if they were bad, they weren't horrendously bad like Berserk's

true, but still, I'd prefer the animation we saw in the movies over this fucking shit

Berserk
Its just shit

It looked fine to me, especially that third movie.

I'm trying hard to try and prove you wrong but I can't.
I wanna say ninja slayer or inferno cop, but those choices were intentional

Sidonia and Berserk have the same sound director.

The sound directing in Sidonia was fukin amazing.

In berserk, it's really bad.

That's from some phone game right? They couldn't possibly see this and thought it was ok? Right?

pupa?

I don't think there's even a debate
youtube.com/watch?v=DiZJkYg4n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=sDIcQrEhrLM

Sidonia has the benefit of having mecha and rather well done CG mecha at that so even if the humans looked a little weird, it gets by because the CG on the mecha didn't look like shit. Berserk is just a mistake

you're shitting me, the sound was my favorite part of sidonia. All the noises during the mech fights legitimately gave me an erection.

I barely remember what it looked like, but I think the problem with that one was its story wasn't it?

Kingdom S1 was atrocious.

The teeth, just look at the teeth. This looks like a game from the 90's.

Berserk CGI is a lot, lot worse.

Sidonia actually actually had some good looking scenes(spacebattles, backgrounds)

Berserk finds new ways to look awful every episode.

It's not even worst looking scene in new Berserk anime.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=979
>Fate/Zero (TV) : Sound Director
>Fate/Zero (TV 2) : Sound Director
>Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine (TV) : Sound Director
>>>Berserk (TV 2016) : Sound Director

The one without clang and early PS2 graphics

What, it's literally cgi done right, but hand drawn will be always better

you know the funny thing is that the berserk ps2 game actually looked better than the new anime

Sidonia was interesting enough for me to ignore the CGI so I wasn't fazed.

What're you implying? that Berserk isn't interesting?

I did a quick search, and not IMDB nor MAL have him listed as working on Berserk. So I dunno, maybe he is, maybe he is not.

I am more surprised that Shiro Sagisu is doing the music, and with the fact that it sounds pretty bad. He is known to have so-so tracks, but after his work on Rebuilds I would have assumed the ost would be better.

You guys are retarded. Who cares how the anime looks. This wasn't created for people who did not follow the Berserk manga.

Those of us watching it now will enjoy it for what it is. I'm just happy some people cared enough to provide me with something. Seeing these fights animated brings back memories.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate this for what it is are not true Berserk fans.

>BaitFish.jpg

I reread berserk once a year, and even I had to drop this shit. I'm actually wondering who the new anime was made for, cause it feels like a slap in the face to the fans.

>who the new anime was made for,
new readers

No I'm saying Sidonia was interesting enough for me to ignore the ugly CGI, I'm not watching Beserk.

???sidonia had amazing cg

ill take anything berserk related, even if its SFM garbage. Bad CGI Berserk is better than No Berserk.

>mfw studio fow can produce better looking animation than Berserk

"Better than nothing" -Inafune.

I don't know. What is the purpose of the new anime?

No it isn't at all

The biggest problem problem with Berserk 2016 is that it doesn't have the the same atmosphere as the the Berserk Manga.
The original anime also had a pretty low budge and crappy animation at times, but it captured the atmosphere of the series perfectly, it really felt like a Berserk.

This new adaptation is just a joke in every aspect.

Berserk has bad visual and meh sound, Sidonia has good at times visual and fucking great sound.

>your green hair waifu grew a dick

>is that it doesn't have the the same atmosphere as the the Berserk Manga.
^This.

why can't cgi anime look like this?

why the fuck they don't put nipples?

Having to drop Berserk just cause you can't take it anymore.

Ill literally buy the blu-rays if they nail this scene, which they probably wont but a man can hope.

They're there, you can see the outline of them against the ground in a few shots. Probably will be in the Blu Ray release.

Pussy

I don't know how to tell you this, but they skipped that entire arc
they went straight to the second eclipse arc

THere is no LOST CHILDREN. Why can't understand?

HHAHAH lel sorry to tell you, but...

Berserk Berserk Berserk

>new berserk anime announced
>actually takes place after the golden age
>get completely hyped for the lost children arc
>they skip it

Video Game animators have way more experience in animating in 3D and those victory scenes that are very brief compared to a 25 minute long episode

This episode was just the last straw man i mean really.

Lost Children arc is too edgy. It can't be done, at least as a TV series.

This.

CGI Anime is always criticised, at some time quite unfairly - there has been decent progress, and recent full-length shows like Ajin and Bubuki are shaky and look weird at times, but show a clear sign that this technique has potential to be a worthy alternative to hand-drawn craft at times.

Berserk just shits all over that, it's embarrassing and frankly a bit insulting, they're suggesting this is the best they can do when it isn't.

Why they're doing a fucking fantasy anime in 3D is a mystery too, it makes sense to use CGI where modern settings with vehicles or SCI-FI mecha shows are involved, not in fucking Berserk which is so grounded in hand-drawn art and environments, and even its' own traditional pre-digital anime that for many was their first exposure to it.

It's an absolute joke.

You know I though the CLANG was just a meme but I actually got around to watching it and there is CLANG LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

Sidonia worked out better since it's sci-fi/mecha setting works fantastic with CGI. If Berserk wanted to go the CGI route and look good, it needed a lot more budget.

>implying dogs don't clang irl

I don't think I can go through with it man. One episode in and I want to kill myself

Sidonia, but Berserk is more disappointing due to how great the manga art is.

At least post Storm games grandpa, Guilty Gear is old.

you're probably thinking about the movies
the newest anime has cgi that makes sidonia look like a masterpiece

Why don't studios planning on doing this cgi shit hire videogame animators?

Because Video game animators are always super busy since the medium they are in isn't fucking dead.

>a real-time 3D animation is better than a 3D pre-rendered animation
Are we living in the bizarro world?

$$$$
shit's expensive yo, and I guarantee that that Naruto game had a bigger budget than the entire season of Berserk

god I love how CGI can look when done right,it makes things look so fluid.
Just imagine what would happen if one of these studios like the guys who make Guilty gear decided to create an anime.

3D/2D mixes work.

that series was surprisingly great, especially considering the premise

When you can't tell it's CG, that's the best.

I'm sorry but this scene isn't the best example,you can tell when the camera pans around the models a bit while they're still and the shading looks to "clean".
It doesn't look bad though but you can still easily tell it's CG

Shiro Sagisu's work has been shit ever since he spent years working on Bleach and the Rebuilds had pretty sub-par OSTs compared to NGE and EoE.

Sidonia's CGI worked for several reasons.

1. It actually suited Nihei's artstyle and the show's atmosphere.
2. Polygon was actually trying to make it look great. The scenery of Sidonia as well as the fight scenes look great.
3. They don't flip flop between 2D and 3D like Berserk does. They pick one and stick with it.

Berserk's CGI is complete irredeemable shit that doesn't suit Miura's style at all, and the constant flip flopping between 2D and 3D is painfully jarring.

>When you can't tell what the fuck is going on

No that's a dog

People complain about Berserk's use of CGI, as though the 2D would have been much better.

It was more impressive three years ago.