Not a Gary Stu

>Not a Gary Stu
>Nothing but bad things seem happen to him despite him trying his best

Explain why you hate him Sup Forums. He's basically Kaiji.

He likes Emilia.

He's not trying his best.
He's being completely retarded all the time.
At least Kaiji has strokes of brillance when he's not doing stupid shit because of his gambling addiction.

>Not a Gary Stu

He is a deluded bitch cuck instead, much worse.

With Kaiji, you can at least say he himself is responsible for the shit situations he finds himself instead by racking up a debt. Toyota was literally just thrust in to a world that he thought would be a stereotypical fantasy, and it turned out to be a hellish escalation of torture.

Also Subaru has done just about everything he's capable of within his power. There's not a lot you can say he could have done better in dealing with situations. He pulled all his guns out with fighting the dog demons, and it still wasn't enough to be able to save everyone without the clown stepping in.

I don't hate him, he's a 100 times more entertaining than his bland harem of otakubait archetypes. My only complaint is that they actually try to pass off someone so outgoing and social as a NEET. He's got complete confidence when talking to other people to the point that he embarrasses himself, and that confidence would easily get him a job.

How is he a bitch cuck? He's basically a character with normal parameters put in a completely unnormal situation, and still doing better than most people would do.

I don't like throwing this word around often, but it's pretty much a deconstruction of the fantasy/virtal reality genre.

Much like the meguca's were ultimately hampered by the fact that they were little girls thrust in a situation that little girls aren't capable of handling, He's basically a normal guy thrust in a situation that he shouldn't be capable of handling, and it's showing realistic mental effects of such a situation.

Fair criticism

Bumping cause I don't get the Subaru hate either. Guys trying his best.

Forced drama/tragedy is boring

He's actually autismo and is ridiculously lucky Emilia is that patient with his bullshit.

I'm not surprised she D R O P P E D him at the start with how flirty he is. A random person off the street, flirting with a future queen? Yeah, nah.

He also can't stop fucking up super simple things. "Don't go here, Subaru!" "Nah lol why are you so mad?"

Subarus retardedness made me drop it

>is ridiculously lucky

This is the problem. He does everything he can to win, accomplishes nothing, and then shit just works out.

That's due to Emilia's character in that she wants to help everybody. She knows Subaru is kind of a spaz, but helps him anyway. He feels endured to her because of this and in later timeloops returns the favor, causing Emilia to think she owes Subaru favors because she doesn't have knowledge of her helping out in the first place, and thinks she "Owes" Subaru.

In episode 14, this misconception of favors owed is finally played out, as Emilia doesn't understand at all why Subaru acts the way he does, while Subaru is frustrated that she can't "Get" where he's coming from possessing knowledge of other timeloops that Emilia doesn't possess.

You sound like a pleb.

>Subaru is lucky

He is literally the opposite of that

He is a Gary Stu of bad shit happening to him.

/Thread

He's a NEET because he couldn't handle being compared to his dad, who was a god at everything.

Because he is a deluded idiot.

>gary stu
>canon
Pick one

>He's like any normal person like me, and I don't want to see that played out in anime where I seek wish-fulfillment instead of realistic concequences from realistic behavior because I'm an absolute loser with self-esteem problems

Thats you btw (By the way)

I'm a NEET who is like that and knows how to communicate with people. My situation is quite a bit more complicated than your normal autist.

A realistic person would just run away of all that shit and not keep getting involved with people they barely know. There wouldn't be a story if the MC was supposed to act like a normal person.

NEET doesn't always mean awkward, no social skills person.

Delete yourself

He experienced this dilemma in episode 7 of the series. He had found a way to survive, but at the expense of the death of somebody he cared about, and having to cut off all contact with everybody he knew in the new world.

He decided he wanted more and took the plunge to reset reality instead of surviving and taking the easy route.

He has been entranced by the witch too, he can't just get away.

So he isn't "simply" a normal person. Get what I mean?

And it's laughable that people want to pretend this isn't yet another self-insert/wish-fullfilment anime. It just has a more complicated, roundabout setup. As if a bunch of gore and meaningless "deaths" completely change the essence of something

>you're a loser with self-esteem problems!
>subaru is just like you!

No, you fucking retard. Subaru is a deluded idiot with an inflated ego.
I'll ignore the projection part of your post.

You're confusing NEET and hikkikomori, user.

>I'll ignore the projection part of your post.
And yet you didn't and just said it in a back handed way.

Anyone have the oh no he's retarded comic with Subaru?

Shittiest MC i ever saw, not funny, confident but just useless, a pain in the ass for everyone.

I like him, he's optimist as fuck for someone who saw so much shit.
He's pathetic, but he's an adorable pathetic who always try again.

Maybe true in real life, but what the fuck is the point of writing him as a NEET if not to make socially retarded otaku relate to him? It's a completely redundant character trait if it doesn't actually reflect something about him as a person.

only self insertfags hate subaru, his autism is played up to the extreme and it makes them uncomfortable.

I said i'm not gonna waste my time defending myself from pointless insults. All i did was point the part where your shitty logic connects with it, saying i don't like subaru because he's "someone with no confidence just like me" when the reason is completely fucking opposite.

>self-insert/wish-fullfilment anime

Yeah, dude. I wish I could get horribly killed over and over again.

I self insert only because I have a massive femdom fetish

A shitty character for the shitty folk with shit taste. Trash that fits them perfectly.

I frickin' hate his annoying personality to the core
I even literally tried to get into this anime because i saw that the plot is actually slightly more complicated than standard anime-garbage produced nowadays but god fucking damn i can't go through his random spouting random words, his utterly stupid sense of pseudo-humour mixed with perversy that somehow manages to get those harlots to laugh
also don't fuckin forget repeating autism attacks ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! in the middle of a fucking discussion about choosing the next king/queen

>>>/reddit/
>>>/mal/

The only thing I don't like is that he hasn't really tried to get around the
>I can't physically talk about it
thing. He has't even tried a clever workaround like writing a code or tried to explain that he is being silenced by something.

He was a friendless NEET who just worked out, watched anime and played video games every day. He doesn't for a second grow homesick because he had zero personal connections in Japan. Do you really expect someone like that to not have severe personality issues? The harlots probably find him unique and exotic in a strange way since the social conditions that produces the kind of person Suzuki is don't exist in their world.

nice reddit defensive mechanism

He has zero charisma.

Please tell me this is pasta.

Fuck off you subhuman scum. Lurk more before posting you fucking underage faggot.

Totally agree bro, he is a well written REAL character! Honestly the best I've seen lol
Upvote!

This basically.

Well i can't argue that his personality has an understandable origin, but unfortunately this doesn't make it less cringy to watch

You need to be a little bit masochistic to enjoy it ;)

he's your "average Japanese highschooler protagonist" archtype: he's not supposed to be anything special; he's supposed to be an ordinary person, which he is intentionally written as.

try actually saying something next time instead of repeating what you heard from someone else

I don't hate him. He's pathetic, self-centered idolfag and that's make him good. Where is another MC like him? Especially in isekai LN trash?

I can't even tell who is false flagging and who isn't anymore.

Either way, his character is fine to me, he's being shown to be fairly delusional until last episode hit and he finally realized he needs to stop thinking he's hot shit because of his power and being transported since he probably put it into his mind that "i'm the main character". And i'm guessing Emilia is his first "real love" or something like that, so he goes overboard when she's around making things worse.

I'd rather not judge a character on a "i'd never do something like that" or "he should do this instead", since that's not really the point. And honestly from what was shown so far, he's fairly normal, thinks poorly of himself most likely, and this entire thing got to his head and he paid for it by being a sperg.

Why do people disagree with this?

Chapter 13 was one of the most cringeworthy shitfest I've watched to the point I had the urge to stop watching the chapter when the guy spoke.

I'm socially awkward and I don't even do shit that bad.

Bodysnatcher's curse warps his desires to obsessive levels. Being separated from Emilia coupled with watching death and constantly dying himself will further destroy his mental health.

It's a result from second hand embarrassment. Which is fairly weird that you'd be able to feel that for an anime character. I only feel like that if i see someone in real life doing something completely retarded in public, but on anime?

charisma has nothing to do with that, you either have it or you don't. even fucking issei has more charisma than that faggot subaru

>There's not a lot you can say he could have done better in dealing with situations

He could have left emilia bumping in to her and minded his own business.

He could have left the mansion and minded his own business.

He could have listened to Emilia and let her handle the election while the Gary Stu protects her.

He could have shut his mouth and know his place infront of the knights.

Can someone make a non-bait thread?

He has plenty of charisma though. The problem is when Emilia's involved he goes full on sperg and fucks everything up.

>I had the urge to stop watching the chapter when the guy spoke.
>I'm socially awkward
You need soem epic self incert anime. Try Kaze no Stigma. Kazuma is pussy destroyer

Kaiji Claws his way out of the metaphorical pit of stinking shit by his own merit. That is what makes him a good character, he's a very flawed person who is able to recognize his flaws and instead earn victory with his strengths. It never feels like he wins because of luck or for reasons out of his control. He's also quite endearing with the way he cuts through bullshit and doesn't waste your time. His struggles are entirely believable, realistic and most important of all, relatable.

Can you say the same about Subaru?

I honestly don't have a fucking clue why he gets so much hate, I assume it's a case of people thinking they'd do better in that situation and thus Subaru needs to do better too.

I think it's a combination of Subaru being a NEET which gives morons the impression that he has to be just like them, people not understanding that his loud and over the top personality are a coping mechanism, people who hate characters with genuine flaws rather than superficial ones, and finally people who can't handle any degree of cringe and get mad at the character instigating it rather than seeing the potential it adds to the storytelling.

That and people don't seem to respect the level of shit he actually has to put up with, they marginalise it by saying stupid shit like "why doesn't he just kill himself repeatedly to train" when becoming that desensitised to the most primal fear isn't easy, as well as "his" power not actually being his own but rather a curse he doesn't understand.

Prune this shit thread and someone make a better one

>Yfw AU Rem had Subaru come home one day and borderline molest her before shoving his dick in her and deflowering her, but she put up with the pain and begged for him to cum inside knowing that if they had a child Subaru wouldn't leave her

fuck off. kaiji is self-insert garbage with a disgusting jew nose. you're just mad that subaru is a better character.

Worst part that Emilia is main girl. And she has worst type of personality. She can't just tell him fuck off.

Everyone feels this. It's called empathy. You see a human character and you instinctively imagine yourself in their place, it's an important mechanism our brain has that is important for human communication.

People who are incapable or find it hard to do this are called autists.

>She can't tell him to fuck off

She did in episode 13. Not in those exact words, but she pretty much left him because she felt hurt over how he was acting and his choice of words.

>Subaru is better than Kaiji
He is just a cuck with hax nonsense powers that are there just because and wins by trial and error while Kaiji is an addict to GAMBURU that gets out of shitty situations he brought himself into without asspull powers and by being smart.

I have plenty of empathy, i was referring to feeling embarrassed to the point i'd feel like pausing the video, it just sounds foolish.

Also if we're talking about putting myself in his place, i'd be feeling frustration instead, since clearly he was more angry than he was embarrassed.

Why would you ever want to self-insert as Kaiji?

>kaiji is self-insert garbage with a disgusting jew nose
None of that contradicts my argument.

I haven't watched RZ, so I can't really say whether or not he's a better character and nor will I try. Like I said, could you say any of that about Subaru? If not, then why even bother comparing them? Just because they're "unfortunate" characters?

>People unironically defending this mediocre character

I mean, he's not total shit, but fuck, how can people like this faggotlord?

>She did in episode 13
And it's looks too sweet because of her personality.

>I haven't watched RZ
Then what are you doing in a Re: zero thread?

>Also if we're talking about putting myself in his place, i'd be feeling frustration instead, since clearly he was more angry than he was embarrassed.
Why would you be frustrated about a guy defending the worst girl of the show?

Fuck Emilia/Satella and fuck this gay cuck.

Because I judge characters by their intentions and efforts, not by their results. So long as the story depicts their flaws as genuine flaws, I'm okay with watching them overcome them.

Doing what Subaru does isn't easy in the slightest.

Well yeah, you have to understand that her entire life people have been wary of her as a person because of how she looks, due to Satella, and her fitting her description.

In comes Subaru, someone who does not give a damn about how she looks, and acts friendly with her and saves her life. Of course she'd try to be understanding, she wants the friendship to stay there. But Subaru of course, kept pushing the issue and made her feel hurt over it, because he came off as a manipulative asshole.

I SELF INSERTED MY COCK INTO YOUR MOTHER'S CUNT FAGGOT

he's SUPPOSED to be a mediocre character. it gives him room for character development.

Answering the question posed in the OP. Is your mind so fucking insular that that offends you or something?

Anyone else balance out Subaru by watching Kirito? After marathoning Re:Zero, I started watching SA:O II just to balance out Subaru's uselessness with Kirito's competence.

Except it does reflect things about him as a person.

See

Forgot to add, that it was also because he keeps hurting himself for her all the time. So that's like a weight on her shoulders, because she doesn't want him to try so hard for her, and get hurt, especially when he keeps saying that it's because "he owes her", and in this loop it makes no sense for that to be the case.

So he was... envious

Are you trying to offend me?

He's family really exist? Woah. It's not common for LN. What about his mother?

You're forgetting just how lacking LNs as a medium are in terms of talent.

I don't particularly like him as an MC, and episode 14 was one giant cringefest from start to finish. But he's servicable and doesn't fall into some of the common pitfalls that other LN protags do.

What the fuck are you on about? Jesus christ.

Yeah, I am, are you simple?

Or maybe being compared to his ubermensh father hurt his pride.

There are people who are become NEET for vastly more stupid shit.

>faggots hating on Subaru

I bet these threads are made by butthurt yaharifaggots mad because Subaru is better than that faggot Hachiman.

I think you didn't catch my drift.

He act idolfag/stalker/fanatic. Someone should say him about this.

Calm down, man. I just asked a couple of questions.

Then you're a child.

Subaru is definitely worse than 8man, but at least his series isn't shit.