What's Sup Forums opinion on gundam thunderbolt?

What's Sup Forums opinion on gundam thunderbolt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJMJ-keBDjc
youtube.com/watch?v=YBUOWTrn9xs
youtube.com/watch?v=_xvnrlO4NjM
my.mixtape.moe/rbdzhm.mp4
streamable.com/pvxl
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827444
youtube.com/watch?v=3WiR6q6TiJI
youtube.com/watch?v=NeF8xLhQtu8
youtu.be/wXBqPFFW5LI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really liked it. Good animation and excelent OST.
The second ending is the best.

If you ignore the MCs, it was a pretty decent show.

first episode was top tier. if they kept more about the jazz mc instead of going and doing the regular gundam pseudo-intellectual shit it would have been even better.

Definitely enjoyed it. I heard rumors of a film in the fall.

Didnt watch December Skys yet. Just finish the 4 episodes. However the ending could of been better in episode 4 would'nt doubt at all the second ending is better
I really like MCs. It feels like there just doing whats necessary

nice substanceless show kids can enjoy.

The movie is already out. It's just the 4 episodes edited together with a few new action scenes and a very rushed epilogue scene. I hope there's a sequel so that they can adapt the entire A Baoa Qu part from the manga

So like all anime then?

Not like G-reco :^)

Better than IBO if anything else.

ALL THE MEMORIES

youtube.com/watch?v=dJMJ-keBDjc
best song

it´s a masterpiece

Story was horrible but everything else was great.

Not even kids could enjoy G-Reco

Only the intellectually elite could :^)

It's such an underrated masterpiece, Tomino is truly a god.

That's not
youtube.com/watch?v=YBUOWTrn9xs

Great taste,shame the singer didn't get more tracks, he has SOUL
youtube.com/watch?v=_xvnrlO4NjM

I like Io and Daryl as opposing MCs. Neither of them have some grand plan for evil or peace. Both of them are soldiers just trying to survive and get as many of their friends out alive

my.mixtape.moe/rbdzhm.mp4

based ronald reagan

Best Gundamn I've seen so far

It actually felt like a war

streamable.com/pvxl

My favourite anime this year.
Seriously.
Watching it made me actully drop other mediocre series in disgust.

being a grunt sucks

Probably my favorite gundam series so far, likely dethroned 0080 and the first 5 or so episodes of 0083.

Is it better to simply download the movie, or to watch all four episodes separately?

Just watch the movie, it doesn't cut anything out, you don't have to deal with the sunrise logo, and you get a few extra scenes.

the movie has extra action scenes and the thing at the end already posted here. the movie

Cheers guys, downloading now.

Movie is the 4eps plus extras

>still no English subs
>fucking Italians have subs

What the tits?

>being retarded
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827444

>8.85 GiB

Go fuck yourself.

are you poor or something lad?

Just have it on overnight, whats the big deal?

>Thunderbolt
Puppets when?

I agree completely, it's short but so so sweet.

The ost really nails it though, if it went orchestral like unicorn it wouldn't be the same, not to knock on Unicorn's ost though.

It has even been dubbed, google is to hard for you user?

Yeah I have a weakness for jazz so I absolutely loved those bits. Incorporating the jazz into the story? Brilliant!
Can't remember last when there was a jazzy ost in an anime. RahXephon, Bebop and Blue Sub no 6 probably, and that was way long ago.

That CG ova
its by the same guy iirc

Do I need to watch Thunderbolt Fantasy first?

No you watch Thunderbolt, then fantasy.

>b-but IBO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Any compilation of the new scenes?

Do they add anything significant?

Thunderbolt always first user

To bad it goes full retard after A baoa qu in the manga.

>Captain is actually still alive
>A country in the EF led by a monk cult obtains the psyco-zaku data and is attempting to separate from the EF.
>Everyone wants to get their hands on that data.
>Daryl is strongly implied to be a newtype.
>Scientist girl is mentally a 5 year old and thinks Daryl is her dad because of his robot hand.
>Atlas Gundam.

At least the redesigns are still cool looking. Especially the new GM C-types and Acuguy.

>Captain is actually still alive

Yay

She was also captured by the cult and is brainwashed into following them.

I need more free form jazz

>spoiler

youtube.com/watch?v=3WiR6q6TiJI

Still the best song

Yeah, but on the other hand.

No worries, Io has a hot new waifu covered in Tatoos.

Finally, the best song is posted.

I want a kit of this so badly.

youtube.com/watch?v=NeF8xLhQtu8
Actual best song here

You need to check out RahXephon then.
youtu.be/wXBqPFFW5LI

I saw the model in Anime Expo
It's
so
Fucking
Good.

To be specific, the cult leader was part of a newtype experiment during the war on the EF side and after he was given a year to live he was abandoned. He joined a cleanup/sweeper group cleaning up battlefilds where he found Claudia dying and the Reuse P device. He's using the data from it to extend his life somehow and his newtype swag to brainwash and manipulate his cult followers.

Yeah,gotta place it in the top of the backlog, just gotta finish ZZ

Only one more week until it's out. An early review is already up as well.

Just read the manga epilogue and I'm salty the zeon science guy survived, fuck that guy

Speaking of which,was that gundam a spare from the V project or something like the alex?

Can someone post the Gundam guide picture? I'm about to finish the 1st one

The Thunderbolt manga takes place in an alternate version of UC. The designs in Thunderbolt aren't variants, they are literally what that design looks like in the Thunderbolt setting. It is literally the Thunderbolt settings version of the Full Armor gundam, complete with RX-78 inside.

This may have been the best Gundam series of all time. I'm not being ironic: Generally, a lot of the franchise ain't so good. Even Unicorn gets fuck-retarded at the end.

All the AUs are horrible, and some of the later installments suffer from Tomino writing. Thunderbolt, though, it's basically everything I wanted from a Gundam series.

00 was okay tho

>it's basically everything I wanted from a Gundam series.

An adaptation of the first part of a manga series that has like half the story chopped out or rushed through, a few events altered, and some nice battles?

>This may have been the best Gundam series of all time

Spoil the manga epilogue. How does everything end? Do Io and Daryl die?

I liked the animated version, and I like the manga version.
A lot of people say it jumped the shark, but I like that it's just going over the top with ridiculous bullshit. Io dogfighting 6 Dodais and downing 5 of them, in the air, with a basic ground type GM was great.

As far as I am aware, the manga is still ongoing. I think he's talking about the epilogue of the first part.

Honestly, I've always wanted a Gundam series where they're in the shit. To my embarrassment, I really don't like the 'Gundam-isms' in a lot of shows: Peace princesses, non-lethal KOs, plot armor as thick as the Death Star, et cetra et cetra.

Thunderbolt has none of that. Even the plot armor is greatly lessened - Io and Daryl both have one 'extra life' that is used when dramatically appropriate. (The same lightning bolt deflects the killshot and wakes Daryl up when Io is closing.)

It's like IBO. Remember when Ein showed up? Remember when he didn't get to kill any of those fucking orphans, and Kudelia was annoying and useless as always? I don't want more of that shit, but Gundam always pushes it.

>I really don't like the 'Gundam-isms' in a lot of shows: Peace princesses, non-lethal KOs, plot armor as thick as the Death Star, et cetra et cetra.
So you love early UC gundam up until whatever is after victory?

>Washing Machine Gundam
Just kidding. I really like Turn-A, but that was ridiculous.

Yep! I'd say, however, that I have a lot of trouble understanding Tomino's writing at times. Occasionally, the actions of the characters make no sense to me.

I dunno, I think he's only got more and more impenetrable over the years. I have no idea what's going on in G-Reco, for example. I can't even say whether it's a good show or a bad show, because it's incomprehensible.

It was good but it was too rushed

thx

Greco was the way it was, because it was a 52 episode show condensed to half of what it should have been for whatever reason.

So is Amuro motherfucking Ray the most alpha man in UC? He fucks Char ass and his sister.

Wing started most of those tropes. G Gundam came after Victory, and it's like Build Fighters but with actual mechs. G Gundam's a fun super robot show that doesn't try to be like other Gundam series, so it avoids those tropes for being a different beast.

Wing started the trend with peaceful princesses with Relena, insane plot armor with Heero surviving the Wing's self destructing, and EW had the protagonist non-lethally disabling mobile suits. G Gundam also had the latter, but fighting was mostly done out of sport rather than war.

that's not yazan "so good not even space autism can beat him"Gable

December sky will probably be my favorite movie of the year if Moana, Red Turtle and the new Shinkai movie aren't that good.

Amuro Ray is the ultimate. He came in Beltorchika's mouth, pussy, and anus while Char kept crying about that nigger Lalah who like Amuro more instead of fucking that hot bitch in CCA, but Amuro realized that sticking his dick in a "poo in the loo" would make his dick impossible to clean so he fucked Char's sister and left her. Also, Hayato's small cock couldn't please Frau, and thinking about Amuro makes her wet as seen in Zeta (more like Beta.) But Amuro is a good man, so he won't fuck his bro's wife.

I genuinely think that it is currently, next to OG Gundam and Zeta, the best that franchise has to offer. It accomplishes so much in so little time and effectively tackles every major theme Gundam has covered before without stumbling over itself. It's well written, has the best animation within the franchise, carries a killer cast of voice actors, and has an exquisite soundtrack. Moreover, one doesn't have to be a hardcore mecha/Gundam fan to easily consume it, so it may also serve as an entry way into the Gundam as a whole.

>tfw you got into gundam because of thunderbolt
and jazz as well

don't forget War in the pocket and turn a man

Best Gundam series in a while. Not sure how much source material there is but I hope we get a second season.

The jazz in Thunderbolt isn't that great desu.

What happens in the movie ending? Io escapes?

For an anime about jazz, sure. But as an OST, it does well enough in complementing the series.

It would've been up there alongside 0079,0080, and Turn A for me if only it ended after A Baoa Qu.

Space monks is just too stupid, and Atlas Gundam is super out of place in early UC.

I like it pretty much. It really shows the suffering and the realities of war in a Gundam show. Also, that every enemy soldier you kill had a life before becoming a soldier. It really poses good questions to ponder on.