Eastern Orthodoxy General: God Edition

Who are the only actual Christians left on earth and why are they Eastern Orthodox. Discuss.

youtube.com/watch?v=EzeifvBH_cs

Other urls found in this thread:

oodegr.com/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh yozhua

Someone sounds jelly

Bump. Not a Christian but I appreciate discussion and Orthodoxy.
Vargtards are the most cancerous subgroup on this board.

thanks semi-bro

Sup orthobros. Yesterday I was curious about the nature of bread and I found out you guys only used leavened bread for communion because unleavened bread is Jewish bullshit and one of the reasons you hate Catholics.

That's fucken awesome

Well we don't hate them, but they are (((gommies))) yeah.

Great Schisms are Great Schisms. I have no hate in the other direction either, and I think it's pretty cool that there's an entire other institution that can stand up and say

>well that's BS
>we think it's like this

Because otherwise how can you question whatever you were born in to?

That's the RC response with the least invective I've ever seen on here. Good job, user.

while you're here, I'll tell you basically what I think is wrong with the RCC...you fell for the devil's trick at the garden of Gethsemane--you tried to make your church into an empire, with the pope as its ruler on earth. Earth is profane. It is mammon. Jesus rejected satan because of this fact, in addition to other reasons. But basically the RCC represents that 'Empire' temptation offered by the Enemy.

You see this in their art and literature, and basically the whole 'feel' of the RCC religion. I'm referring to the dark sort of Imperial Roman feel to the whole affair, like as in Dante, Machiavelli, their churches (not being rustic, but infected with an overdramatic sense of Lording over people and Simony of Simon Magus). It's just all wrong. Off tune.

Compared to this Orthodoxy is Organic and Lush and Alive and filled with the spirit of Saint John and rustic and pure and verdant and like Gogol and Dostoevsky etc. Totally different feel. Basically feels more like Jesus and less like the Enemy. And in Orthodox Churches I feel the presence of God, the fear, the joy etc.

That's my main

I'm not ortho but theosis texts really get my ganglia going

Keep studying the logos. Don't give up.

What did you read? Just curious.

Works for me. I don't see how any sane RCC can't come away with at least a deep personal crisis about the Vatican, whether it's really the True Church (tm) or not. I could write screens full of what I think is very obviously wrong with it, from a layman's perspective.

I just think at the end of the day probably very few people even know what what we both were arguing about back in the day, and why one side was or wasn't right. I would say to anybody on the fence, find an Orthodox community and see what you think. I didn't know a thing about it until I rented a house with an Orthodox church down the road and wondered what was up.

Makes sense. FYI I'm orthodox bordering on Christian Gnostic, and believe in the secrecy ideas in Matthew; basically Jesus wanted to save his small flock as a mustard seed to germinate into a larger and true entity. I believe orthodoxy represents this seed, and so mere numbers of people aren't nearly as important as Truth.

This makes sense if you think about Christianity in the context of the OT. I mean God literally wiped out nearly all of humanity. He's more concerned with Truth, the Logos, than rotting flesh.

Oh I don't remember. Whatever I could find online starting with the Greek Orthodox site. I've been reading gnostic text lately like nag Hamadi and gospel of judas

I encourage that. Have you read Valis and the Divine Invasion by Philip K Dick? They're all about Nag Hamadi and surprisingly well researched.

Eastern Orthodoxy is the true Christianity. Catholics are still better than Protestants, but the commie pope tho.
What does Sup Forums think of Patriarch Kirill? I respect him, especially with all the negativity he gets from libtards.

He's human. The important thing is the Church, the teachings, the logos & truth.

I highly recommend this essay on Nihilism in the modern world. It really helped me get out of the paradigm of 20th century materialist thought.
oodegr.com/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm

>oodegr.com/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm

Nice. Thank you, brother.

Ayn Rand Objectivist and therefore an Atheist here. I may not believe but you Orthodox bros are perfectly tolerable. Unlike Catholics which I despise on multiple levels. You are the only consistent form of Christianity.

I like her books and her mystique. Bioshock games (1 and 2, not 3) are sort of what comes to mind. That art-deco mentality towards everything. I think the main problem with Rand is that she fell for the Aristotle meme (reality is statistics, always definable material objects, irrational distain for tradition etc.). Reality cannot be reduced, and is essentially mysterious in the final analysis. The beginning of the universe is a good example of this. Aristotelian philosophy cannot penetrate that mystery.