Alderamin on the Sky

Poor soldiers, they're trying to help them, but that's war i guess.

this is pretty much AOTS

Surprisingly good for a LN.
I guess that's Madhouse quality helping too.

she was so stoked to detail how much the empire fucked over his family

India or middle east?

No that's just your shitty ass taste

Middle East

I want to cum inside the Princess pussy while licking her armpit

Buttfuck nowhere.

not her fault his mother was a whore given to his father as a prize after the emperor got bored of filling her womb and having her pleasure his dogs.

Dude needs to stop chimping out on the princess.

Isnt she going to become a despot once she is on the throne

And nothing would change in that country

This was the best scene of the episode. She is cute and all but she deserved that.

Or maybe the emperor is running out of his energy.

My dick got hard desu. This was great.

>mfw he's about to be the top of his class in the navy seals

So are they the bad guys in all this?

>People tend to flee the country and seek asylum in the other
>Science gets seen as blasphemy
>King sacrifices a "hero" to get rid of some land that he doesn't feel like developing so he can later reclaim it after the other country makes it viable to live in.
>MC is the son of a sex slave

All the countries in medieval times were shit user.

Alderamin is not medieval time i believe.

Not with this ded thread.

>Science gets seen as blasphemy
This is not handled very well in the show. Ikuta makes a big point of using the word "unscientific" and talks about how "science" is seen as blasphemy, but the way he uses the word is incorrect. Did Ikuta actually expect the border commander to use the scientific method in order to decide the proper course of action?

Maybe it was just a translation thing and was supposed to be "illogical," but even then the commander's decision to remain was only illogical from the perspective of saving the lives of himself and his men, but from a national perspective, which is what the emperor sees, it may have been a perfectly logical action.

Technological progress also doesn't seem to be stinted as blimps, guns and large sailing ships all exist, so some form of science is happening. It sounds like a philosophical issue and not one against knowledge in general.

I hope it doesn't become a theme for Ikuta to run around shouting "unscientific" at everything.

Because MC's master is the first scientist in this series.

>so some form of science is happening

Maybe the Empire is basically Ottomans; big and powerful, but also internally weak and increasingly backwards.

For the record, this episode did make it seem like the Republic has a pretty solid moral high ground.

>skipped a milf scene

Horrible, they better redeem themselves next ep.

Is BT down? I kept getting a 502 error when I tried to read the LN.

>Medieval times

Nigga they have printed newspapers and know enough of metallurgy and fluid dynamics to make functional steel plated boats.

If anything those people are some good 25 years after some sort of Industrial Revolution.

If the spoilers about redhead dying are true, I'm kind of happy about it cause she was annoying this whole episode

She saved the MC's life because he's too much of a nigger to control himself in front of people who can kill him with a word. In an Empire that clearly seems to be corrupt as hell.

I have a HUGE hard on for MCs threatening princesses/queens

Yeah, she was fucking annoying. She ruined the best scenes by stopping the MC, even when the Princess told her to let him keep going.

I'm glad she's dead.

How much of the LN is translated?

They have rifles and most of the technology seems to be based around the 1900's, no mechanized yet but they have balloons as well.

There is a magic bend in the series as it exists.

She really thought she was going to impress him

Exactly how old is she?

old enough

Can't wait for the doujins, to be honest.
>implying this will get any

TRONCO!!

>that's war i guess

That's no excuse. When they're raping your churches and burning your women do you really think "it's war" is a good justification for their actions?

Figured as much.
Her actions here are pretty typical of younger kids.

>Dude needs to stop chimping out on the princess.
No. That's my favorite part. I love the loli abuse.

Still a fucking cunt.

>he doesn't like seeing little 2D girls get dominated

Will Ikta backhand slap the princess next?

Seemed like she was just trying to get a bit of a leg up on him because she wants his dick.

user they're killing soldiers, not raping and murdering civilians.

>raping your churches and burning your women
Want to point out where that's happened so far, retard?

not a justification, but certainly to be expected.

>soldiers never plunder and rape in war

Must be a nice fantasy world you're living in.

The guy was justifying killing other soldiers, nothing was mentioned of anything else. You're a complete retard.

>T-thats not all I know!
>Are you i-impressed with my vast knowledge, plebeian!
I'm dying
Dying
I'm dead.

I thought it was pretty cute. Classic child tactic to get someone to like you, but way over the top due to princess powers.

They have science in a sense, but that's not the core of their technological development. Spirits are. Even if you're just watching the anime and don't read either the manga or the novels, this has already been shown.

They have technology in that they have, for example, the concept of a gun. They have the form and the artifice. However, what makes it work isn't anything scientific. You look at Torway preparing his gun, and it's not gunpowder but rather his spirit that powers it. You look at the blimp, which is really just a hot air balloon, and the lift doesn't come from any sort of burner heating the air but rather from the fire spirits.

Not only that, but you can also see just how important spiritualism is in their society. After the patrolling soldiers are killed, Ikta takes possession of the souls of the men's spirits. He's not capturing them like prisoners nor seizing them like spoils. He takes them with great ceremony, swearing to God to treat them well and deliver them to a church to be reincarnated. Ikta, who finds everything to be a hassle, holds little regard for formality and who doesn't hesitate to mouth off to nearly anyone short of the Emporer, himself. Ikta, who holds logic and reasoning in the highest esteem, is sincere and deferential towards the spirits.

Their current technology is essentially based upon magic, and that magic is firmly rooted in religious spiritualism. From the way he talks about logic, it also shows that this is of the "you don't understand the divine" kind. It's not flashy, high-fantasy magic, but more of a practical application.

I thought it was pretty cute as well, then it turned pretty arousing.

They're friendly to refugees who dindu nuffin. I'm sure they'd act exactly the same to poor, stranded, armed empire soldiers who want no trouble.

Science is more than just technology, it is a systematic process of observation and experimentation to uncover the natural laws of the universe. Technology is the result of applying known natural laws to solve various problems, this process is called engineering. If magic is part of the world the scientific method can be used to better understand it, it is not separate.

The technology displayed in the show suggests that there is a reasonable high understanding of the natural laws and magic which suggests some form of science must already exist, even if it is not the exact scientific method that exists in our world.

Just from what I have seen of the show religion does seem to have a strong influence in the empire, but religion is not by default at odds with science. Anyone in a position of authority (national or religious) understands the power of knowledge and technology and would not make enemies of those that would advance it. When the show mentioned that the MCs master was punished for his "science" I think that was wrong and it was the "way" in which he was conducting his science that was at issue. That's why I mentioned it was likely a philosophical issue. Perhaps the master was being too libertarian for the empires tastes.

Point is, the way "science" is being used feels wrong, especially when MC is running around calling people "unscientific" when he's actually trying to saw they are not acting in a way the aligns with philosophical view.