How knowledgeable are you when it comes to anime openings? Harder mode:

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition

Other urls found in this thread:

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition/results
sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition
youtube.com/watch?v=tpqwY7tsZS4
sporcle.com/games/Johnny/101AnimeOpenings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks interesting, I'll see how it goes.

The one that usually gets posted here has too much entry level stuff.

>have to pause to looks up how several shows are spelled
>end up running out of time about half way

It's a lot easier when you can see the characters on-screen

You realize you can pause the quiz timer along with the video?

I didn't actually.

This. I got 72/100, and I haven't even seen half of those. Fuck, the Patlabor title screen fucking showed up for a split-second.

This, it feels a little two thight on how shows are spelled.
It didn't accept hidamari because I had to write hidamari sketch, but with TTGL it didn't accept "tengen toppa gurren lagann" you had to just write "gurren lagann". It could be a little more flexible with those spellings.

Only ones that fucked me over were stuff like Romeo where I could not for the life of me remember the whole name of the show.

>72/100
D-did I do well?

>missed ROD
Well fuck me. Overall I have watched like 5 anime in the last 7 years so 61% is fine with me. Then again most of the anime listed were older than that and openings are piss easy to remember anyway.

You achieved the rank of autist.

When is it ever called Hidamari?

I can't hear anything, do I need to install something or what?

Click play on the youtube video.

>doesn't accept "Change!! Getter Robo" as a correct answer
Shit quiz.

Quiz maker here, I didn't want to make it too difficult, otherwise they wouldn't bother finishing it. The aim was to have the average user who's been on Sup Forums for two years to score 40-50.
>Fuck, the Patlabor title screen fucking showed up for a split-second
Yeah that was a fuck up. Fixed.
That's because it's called Change!! Getter Robo: The Final Days of the World.

Still, I fixed your answer in.

The average two-year Sup Forumsnon will likely get get 20-30. Most shit's too old for them.

These are the current stats. I know at least 20 people from that website did it and averaged about 30-40 with the peak being 60, so make of that what you will.

If you're here for at least 2 years, you're bound to check out at least a few older titles posted in the catalog.

Yeah, some of these are much more /m/ than Sup Forums. Votoms, Zeta Gundam, Devilman, Gatchaman, Escaflowne, Turn A, Mazinger Z, Cutey Honey, Getter Robo, and maybe Muv-Luv and Yamato 2199.

>didn't get love hina or toradora

Don't really have a lot of interest in older anime to be honest.

They're not lurking enough if they really can't recognize the characters for more than 20-30 of these after two years.

green

>not recognizing Kamille the man
>not recognizing the Kare Kano girl
>not reconizing Devilman
>not recognizing the fucking Osomatsus after they had a thread up 24/7 for like six months

Regardless of whether you've seen their shows, I don't understand how this is possible.

I know Kamille, but I didn't remember which Gundam he was from. I recognize Kare Kano and Devilman but didn't come up with the names of the shows and didn't really feel like putting a ton of thought into it. I also typed Osumatsu-san, but Osumatsu-kun was the correct answer apparently.

>68/100
I knew Getter Robo and Mazinger but I couldn't name the exact title. Can't believe I missed Urusei Yatsura and Arakawa though.

The overall selection isn't bad but I think there's too much retro mecha stuff.

>The overall selection isn't bad but I think there's too much retro mecha stuff.
This.

It's very cheeky of you to include Tsukihime fanime.

You got all that but missed Kabaneri, Osomatsu and Haikyuu?

I recognized them all but didn't want to bother googling the names.

35/100
2old4me

I do have to say I like Century Colour a lot more than the other opening.

Fair enough. I watch a lot of them so I probably included too many out of bias in the end.

there's an easter egg

I've watched 300 shows yet I did so poorly.

I should have got Versailles but I think I stopped paying attention for a second, and why does Tsuikihime not work? Well I wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't for the TYPE MOON in the bottom

Oh you, I've found it. That's funny.

61/100, would have been higher though.

The way this works is kinda annoying. For some you can just put the most memorable part like "Tsukihime" or "GTO" and it'll take it, while others like "Yamato", "Dokuro-chan" or "Cobra" will not work.

>Yamato
I would expect 2199 to work, not Yamato, because there's a ton of Yamato installments. 2199 didn't work either, though.

Lol nerds

Woof. This is pretty tough

I don't think I've seen most of these, just recognize them from childhood or osmosis

Uchuu senkan yamato 2199 didn't work. It only took space battleship yamato

It rustled my jimmies, I can't for the life of me remember the full title of Arale and Anne among others, I really didn't want to bother googling too.

>Tsuikihime
cause it's spelled Tsukihime.

Dokuro-chan definitely works.

Yamato 2199 now works.

Space Adventure Cobra and Space Cobra work. Didn't want Cobra alone because that refers more closely to the 2010 version, which it isn't. I just checked the manga though, so Cobra now works.

>Dokuro-chan definitely works
Wait, what? Could've sworn I tried that.

Go ahead and call me a filthy millennial, gramps.

Remember to click Give Up next time so we can see what you were too much of a newfag to not know.

I mean, everyone else did that already and it's more funnier to see the white space

I'm a millenial and I got over 70.

Don't give up user.

>no LoGH
I'm going to have to call bullshit.

I know of that anime, seen screenshots everywhere on Sup Forums, but I could not get the name for the life of me. Also could not spell Nyaruko for some reason

oas

57/100

59/100

"Wixoss" alone should've worked. I legit couldn't remember the full title

yuo

62/100
How come Getter Robo is not accepted?

>Rocky Joe (Ashita no Joe) isn't accepted
>Ninja Nonsense (2x2=Shinobuden) is accepted

56/100. Got trapped trying to type both English and Japanese full names of kare kano when it wanted the shorthand. As well as trying to figure out how to make it accept Nyaruko-san.
Protip: it recognizes most answers without spaces.

Because that would be the original.

Because that would refer to the 1974 series.

Fixed.

Are you sure? Currently it accepts:

Kare Kano
KareKano
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
His and Her Circumstances

It's possible I hit a typo somewhere since time was running short. It's pretty frantic if you're not pausing the clock but it's nice to see I still remember some of this shit just from 5 second snips of the OP.

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition/results

Anything here surprising?

If I had 5-10 more minutes I can probably finish the last row without playing pause and go on the game timer. I mean if some faggot wanted to google all they answers they already could.

>ADVANCED EDITION
>Retro Addition

I'm not surprised that I didn't get that many, I read manga way more than I watch anime.

Plus I've never been a mass consumption kind of viewer.

I have a hard time remember the spelling of the names like RahXephon, overall the test is pretty easy to get 25 on, I don't know how specific you made the names though. I remember Getter Robo didn't get me anything same with Gundam Zeta and Kabaneri.

Should really fix Dominion Tank Police, make it accept either Tank Police or Dominion.

I didn't think WISXOSS would be that high but I don't pay attention to card game animes.

Wixoss had Okada on board so it drew more attention than your run of the mill card game advertisement because it was bound to be filled with drama and suffering.

>I don't know how specific you made the names though
I try to be generous, but I think there should be a certain degree of completion. For example, I think Hidamari Sketch should be the minimum answer, as opposed to just Hidamari.

>Getter Robo
The Getter Robo in this quiz is a distinctly different one from the series just titled Getter Robo.

>Kabaneri
To me, this just feels like 1/5 of the title, although I might change it because 5 words is a lot. Very easy to edit the answers.

I just made Dominion available because it's an official title.

I had to look up the rest of Kabaneri's title because I was used to seeing it referenced as just kabaneri. I honestly forgot about the iron fortress/Koutetsujou part.

Holy shit I want to kill myself I spent 15 minutes trying to enter the actual names of the songs and went into a sleep deprived, autism filled, shitfit that it didn't work even after fucking checking my OST folders that the names are right.

End my life boys, enough is enough.

>less than a third of Sup Forums recognized Henrietta
>less than a third recognized Nadia
>less than a quarter recognized Basara
What the fuck. Summer is worse than usual.

Am I Sup Forums material? I put space battleship yamato so many times but I guess I needed the number for the new series

oh yeah it wouldnt fucking take nyaruko-san for some reason

Galaxy Angel at 15% seems surprisingly low. Recca at 10% too.

Im far too retarded to figure out how to even do the quiz so I guess I fail.

I just copy pasted the nyaruko-san from your post into the quiz and it worked. Maybe the site glitches.

1. Enter the link in the OP - sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition
2. Play the video
3. Click the green play button below the video
4. Type the anime you see in the video

6. Once the video has finished and you don't know anymore there, click "Give up" below the timer.
7. Press Print Screen on your answer sheet
8. Open Microsoft Paint
9. Click paste on the top left
10. Save it
11. Post the picture in this thread so you can be called a newfag

Nice collection of OPs.

Scored 19/100 and of the 19 I've watched 3. My whole life is in ruins.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad that the average score seems to be 32.

It's ok, you just need to lurk another 2 years.

37/100

Time to kill myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpqwY7tsZS4

15 minutes was too short

I am the Hidamari guy and I think I didn't make myself clear.
I was not complaining about it not accepting Hidamari. I was complaining about the inconsistency of asking for the full title of Hidamari Sketch and not accepting the full title of TTGL.

Make another one.

You can pause the quiz too. It's right next to the timer.

There you go.

This is the one that was posted on Sup Forums a couple of days ago:

sporcle.com/games/Johnny/101AnimeOpenings

This was posted a few days ago.

57/100

Well I was hoping for at least half, could have been worse. Makes me realize I should probably watch more non-/m/ older shows.

This was actually pretty well-done OP, much less predictable than this type of quiz usually is.

>if you dont spell it right dont counts
fuck me on wixross and you are under arrest

Thanks.

noice

How do you skip an entry?

:skip:

You wait 5 seconds.

If you've answered everything you can and want to finish, click "give up" near the timer.

You don't need to "skip" an entry, since you don't have to input them in order to begin with. You can enter the title of an anime even if it hasn't shown up yet.

>9/100
I guess I don't watch much anime huh

>29/100

Fuck, there were like 20 that I couldn't remember the name of and maybe 10 where I couldn't remember the full name and it wouldn't accept a random word or two.

What is the fucking full name of Nyaruko?