Can someone please explain why the shooter chose to use bump stocks and spray and pray rather than single shots with...

Can someone please explain why the shooter chose to use bump stocks and spray and pray rather than single shots with night vision telescopic sights and a silencer?

(can you use silencers on spray and pray?)

If you were on the ground what weapon would've been best to return fire?

>know nothing about guns

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=5b9_1507114045
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ALp8-d3dQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there was no shooter on the 32nd floor thats been confirmed the death scene is staged and sounds were psyopish.

>(can you use silencers on spray and pray?)
Not really. Supressors don't take to full-auto very well and will melt break very fast .

>If you were on the ground what weapon would've been best to return fire?
I wouldn't. The guy had a clear tactical advantage. He was firing from an elevated position at a long distance into a crowd. There's nothing you could do as someone on the ground, just take cover and get out of there.

/thread

It's a lot easier to kill innocents when you don't have to pick who lives and who dies. proves he wasn't totally psychotic.

>night vision telescopic sights and a silencer?
He did not have either. I'd use an electric knife carve up a turkey, but I do not have either.

His plans failed spectacularly. He was to open fire to start a stampede, then ignite pic related to cause a secondary wave of panic and lead people to the strip, then empty a third salvo down the strip.

What happened was, first salvo went off, he switched to primary target and was unable to penetrate at that distance. Then weapon jammed. As he tried to clear the jam the security guard crept up on him and blocked his primary escape route.

Weapon jammed and exit blocked, he gave a mission update and then got it through his head, it being a bullet.

he could have killed way more people by plowing a van through the crowd or crashing a plane into them given he was a pilot.

he wasn't a trained shooter in any sense of the word, missing most of his shots thanks to bullet drop and goofy bumpfire stocks.

if the truth is he was a madman, he was more than that - he was retarded, and bears little fruit in questioning his behaviour.

if it was an operation, it was also a retarded operation, but would suggest the motive was to pass gun control laws.

nice sauce faggot

Cuz he's a pro

Feinstein and centeri are already organizing gun shot victims from Vegas, to testify in front of Congress.
There to ban gun modifications as a whole and to re state the Clinton gun control ban.
They state many moderate republicans support this, because the victims where centrist republicans,.

He could have just used a bomb would have been easier

yea because all the News outlets and other media would instantly jump on board with this while simultaneously pushing the story they were told to

>leafposting

Dogs find bombs. He was planning on getting away. Like user said above if this was a suicide mission a Kamikaze plane attack would have racked up the k/d

>I wouldn't. The guy had a clear tactical advantage. He was firing from an elevated position at a long distance into a crowd. There's nothing you could do as someone on the ground, just take cover and get out of there.

Pussy

>pic related
What is this supposed to be?

How easy or hard is it, to get all those weapons inside this building ?

>weapon jammed
Compelling tale old chap, but who was 23 other guns?

Suppressors are absolutely pointless without subsonic ammunition. If using subsonic rounds, he wouldn't have been able to do as much damage as he did... With super sonic rounds, the bullets snap and crack as they break the sound barrier and that sound carries.

He probably would have been better off without the bumpfire stock, but it's obvious this washed up boomer hippy Democrat was trying to make a point.

because there was no real shooter, but only sound of shooting broadcasted on the PA and actors with squibs pretending to fall.

But it's too late for the truth as everybody on here has been sucked in by the fake planted conspiracy jewries.

There was a crowd of 20'000 people, there is no need to aim. 1 shot -> 2+hits

I don't think this guy was very skilled. I don't think we are dealing with Bob Lee Swagger here so he wasn't going to be up there snipping people. My guess is that he was a Lefty and is pushing an anti-gun agenda and that he hated drumpf and targeted White Conservatives. I think he did quite a bit of planning and I think the stays in other hotels during concerns was to plan, not to potentially attack them.

The reason for the bump stocks is probably agenda driver. I'm guessing he practiced with them and learned that its easy to jam up your gun and it takes practice to get into a rhythm. Knowing this I think he brought additional firearms.(this being the practical reason so bring a few extra firearms, not a whole fucking arsenal, that was agenda driven.) Also, the mags he used have a tendency to jam up too.

Somebody with knowledge could do as much damage or more with a regular semi auto mil spec rifle and regular old 30 round mags. By the way, the most effective method would still be similar to "spray and pray" because he was firing into a zone. A tightly packed zone with 20k people. Honestly, it could have been much worse. I little more knowledge and practice and his fire could have been much more accurate, and he could have hit people with nearly every shot, especially in the beginning of the attack.

that's not what OP is asking, you shill piece of shit
makes you really wonder what sort of narcissistic cunthat walks into a thread that has nothing to do with his pet conspiracy theory just to spew unrelated bullshit like this

if you're really struggling with the concept, OP is presenting a hypothesis, that Stephen is the shooter, and asking a question based on that hypothesis
whether that is the truth or not doesn't matter because that's not what OP is fucking asking
pull your head out of your arse
if you were so sure of your own BS, you wouldn't be defending it in every thread, so piss off and stop fucking doing this
it's been a week, we fucking get it, it's all a conspiracy
now can you at least try to stay on topic or does your mind really only have room for one track at a time?

Night vision doesn't work like that.

It would blind you in Vegas.

Thermal optics, however..

i agree with you.
i'm just wondering if his plan was to get away, how was he thinking that? also, why so many guns seeing as camping out surely would end in defeat?
i dunno. the more i think about it he was quite dumb.

Explain

BIG if true

I wouldn't be surprised if that was his first time shooting a gun. His rate of fire is all over the place.

>return fire
No way, you just run in a situation like that.

Pretty much. Unless you had a high quality RPG and this is real life not a fucking video game, you would have 0 chance. A sniper wouldn't have even had time to set up if someone magically had a beretta in the crowd. Which is why anyone making this about guns is a mouth breather.

Maybe he was gonna frame a group for it. Maybe the rumored antifa propaganda was planted by Paddock. Hell this could be the worlds greatest in your face "fake my death" scenario, and Paddock is in the flip islands right now

Do you think a supposed numbers/percentage guy (who is a secret physcopath covering his true intentions) wouldn't buy firearms with the girlfriend and not be seen to go out and practise with them?

He had extreme allergies, I don't think he'd leave potentially having a coughing fit during his big day to chance

>shooting a gun up into a building full of innocent people

please dont ever do this, thanks

Impossible. It's proof that there had to be muliple shooters

You can get more damage with spray and pray in this situation. The instant one person is hit, everyone is running and you have less chances to hit.In spray and pray, you'll hit multiple people in the same amount of time.

None of them had bump stocks. He only had one really set up for the shooting.

Also his hotel acted as a human shield. There were cops with rifles who could probably see his room but they couldn't risk missing a shot at this distance

>what weapon would've been best to return fire?
JDAM but they didn't have them ready and the collateral damage would have been unacceptably high. pic related would also do the trick, but same problems of not being ready and perforating an occupied hotel.

seriously though, short of sharpshooters on rooftops opposite the gunman returning fire is no good, getting a team to knock on his door is the only reasonable thing to do.

The answer to the silencer question is, it depends, but generally speaking they're destroyed by sustained full-auto fire

Jet fuel tanks at the adjacent airport

No way he would have managed to cause a fire, much less an explosion with his caliber and type of ammo

I really wonder if I will get to witness a western nation descent into civil war in my lifetime. The US keeps teasing it, and it's mentioned with increasing frequency in to my country.

Because that way he could pump out thousands of rounds instead of 30

You poor cunts don’t fucking get it. This was classic Steve. Steve was a one man army, if he wanted to do something, he’d do it.

>it takes 12 minutes to unload 30 rounds
You know you can still unload a clip from a semi-auto in few seconds, right? Those bump stocks literally saved lives that day

There are endless suppressor options for full auto fire. Fuck off. Anyone who isn’t a felonnigger can buy them

No head shot retard. He was shot in the chest

real life isnt a movie, retard

Checked and agreed. He could have picked off people all night shooting suppressed magazine length 190 gr 308’s or switched to bolt action and AI mags and shot 210 gr 308’s. Use a night vision scope if you need but it was pretty well illuminated. Have some smoke grenades, a gas mask, and a thermal scope on an AR platform to deal with cops

KEK

You cant kill 58 people and wound 500 people with bump fire.

>know nothing about guns
Same boat. This redneck kid that was the son of my dad's friend came over to the house when I was younger playing Quake. He told me, "whatcha naeedd is a snaypah rayfle". I would concur.

my army buddy says it would be impossible for him to make that many hits at that distance. did i mention my army buddy just got out of boot and has never seen combat. BUT THAT PART'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE FACTS, SHITLORDS!

If he would've started sniping people in sneaky way you describe, hotel security and police would've gotten to him before he could've done so much damage. I'm pretty sure you can hear a suppressed rifle from downstairs and upstairs if its fired just outside of window

I mean you could, it’s just retarded for that to be part of the plan

>Pussy

Not when heavy rounds don’t break the sound barrier. Nearly silent. Hang the can out the window and no one would have noticed. On my set up, the trigger breaking is legitimately the loudest sound you hear other than the bullet impacting your target

There were at least 3 modified with bump stocks

It's still a semi auto even with the stock. He could've pressed the trigger just as fast. Even faster.

He could have, but neither of those options is especially effective at 400 yards

>Not when heavy rounds don’t break the sound barrier. Nearly silent.
Do you know how the rest of us know you're a nogunz faggot larper? Other than your faggot larper flag?

What he really wanted to do was set off his car full of explosives by shooting it. But he wasn't able to hit shit. Once again aiming proves more deadlier than spraying around.

So our jewgovernment can ban bump stocks.
They are disarming and weakening this nation in every way they can so the us spring will have a better chance at success

My guess is that he didn't want to get too up-close and personal. A sight will do that since you can see what you're shooting at, as in the color of the eyes of the girl whose head you're about to blow off.

I'm closer to my targets in FO4 than this guy was.

Also if this guy's intent was to kill, he would have traded in a few of his ARs for a grenade launcher and watched 'em play hot potato.

His shot to kill ratio was for absolute shit. Sure he killed, but far from efficiently, particularly when you consider the unspent rounds.

I do wonder why the alleged weapons used are so clean.

The guns were so silent that the entire vegas strip heard the guns blasting away. Hillary is that you?

Aiming is much more effective at 400 yards. You can also bump fire without a stock. Hold your trigger finger in place, pull gun forward, it's not hard.

Because
>Shoot 10 rounds off over 30 seconds, average time of about 3 seconds to line up each shot
>Everyone's already running

vs

>Start mag dumping into the crowd and by the time everyone's running you've hit 100 people

American education, folks.

Dear Lord, please make these faggots take some online physics courses. Than you.

>High quality RPG
>sniper
>Beretta

You could make that shot to take him out with an ACOG or magnified CCO from that distance with a proper rifle. The drop going up that way would be pretty great with a 5.56, but with 7.62x51 your odds of hitting the target at that distance from that vector are significantly increased. Not to say that's what should have been done.

>Implying people don't take allergy medicine

Becuase "spray and pray" is a good way to go about a large group of people.

A suppressor and night vision sights would be difficult in that environment.

>>when you don't have to pick who lives and who dies

and he was shooting into a group of people standing shoulder to shoulder. So his target size was massive. I doubt given his skill set and hardware if he had been trying to say hit say 10-20 people alone in the same area he would of been able to even do it.

as for a counter weapon maybe a highly trained counter sniper and even then it's not going to be easy. There is a reason in Afghanistan and Iraq they pull troops back to just have a tank or air strike hit an entrenched shooter.

chkd

What's the point in using subsonic with a silencer if they're already virtually quiet? Silencers were made for supersonic

No you cant. Not as a rookie shooter from 700 yards against high altitude winds in the desert. No you fucking cant.

Jetpack and a machete

Mainly for ultimate flash hiding, and maybe not making your soldiers go completely deaf in a 2 hour fire fight.

Swissfag has a good point here

>night vision telescopic sights
it happened in friggin las vegas. no need for such things.

You're literally fucking retarded. You think suppressors work the same way they're depicted in the movies. Even if you're using subsonic ammo, it's going to be LOUD. Unless you're trying to kill people with .22 sub, in which case... You're tremendously fucking retarded.

No he doesnt. Bumo firing means you cant aim with little accuracy.

If you think a rookie shooter did this against high altitude winds in the desert, youre a retard.

Why are people so afraid to believe that things happen beyond our understanding.

>OMFG MUH GUBMENT WOULDNT NEVA DO THAY, EVERYTHING IS STRAIGHT FORWARD LIKE FAIRY TALE HURRRR DEEEEE DURRR

he also probably figured out through practice that those barrels start to heat up after a couple hundred rounds

Best and easiest way to get a high body count is to spray and pray into a crowd from some high vantage point.

Silencers don't completely silence a gun, and they only slightly reduce muzzle flash.
Lining up a shoot take's a lot longer.
After the first couple bodies start to drop there will be a panic and instead of just lining up shots on still targets you're lining up on a random group of people going every which way.
The police response would be relatively about the same time, lets say 1-2 minutes extra delay at most and he'd end up with maybe 10-15 dead.

Sniping requires skill. Spray and Pray is idiot proof., especially in a large setting like above.

The backblast from an RPG inside a room would have killed him

>hitting the target at that distance from that vector are significantly increased.

He was lying down when he was firing. Hitting him would be extremely difficult. The most anyone could have done in the situation was either shoot at his general location, however you have to take into consideration the people in the hotel However, when I was trained in Policing an Area our ROE (Rules of Engagement) was if the chance of death is more than 3 people, you are allowed to fire into a group of people and not be held accountable.

Why are you all so damn stupid. He had over 20 guns. A jam was not a concern to him. Especially since the sheriff confirmed multiple guns were jammed. Clearly he just picked up the next one when it did.

This, standard AR with just semi auto fire would have done much more fucking damage. Also his reloading times were fucking adhorent.

even snipers are questionable when the target is in an occupied building. Any round powerful enough to reach would likely over penetrate and it was not possible to know at the time who was inside the room other than the shooter. Many of the police had rifles in their patrol vehicles but were probably given the order not to return fire for this reason.

>If you were on the ground what weapon would've been best to return fire?
Tank, AAA gun or at least large caliber antimaterial rifle

Can someone explain why the shooter chose to use bump stocks and pray and spray rather than 360 no scoping the audience with a sniper and a silencer? I don't get it.

I think they could have smoked up so to block his view.

Let us know when you're going for high score so we know to stay home.

where was it confirmed?

Nice try you fucking disinfo shill, but we've already seen this video and we will not be distracted: liveleak.com/view?i=5b9_1507114045

old guy sitting in a chair
two fags with their drone

holy fuck that would have been AWESOME if he got one of those

Bullet drop at 400 meters for a rifle zeroed at 100 is 27 inches. However most rifles are sighted at 300 yards. The drop from point of aim especially since he is shooting at a downward angle would be 5 inches. I got this info from a ballistic calculator using 77 grain OTHP rounds. I can’t load the table from my phone, 4 Chan says it’s an unsupported file type so here’s a screen shot. Starting from left column we have Yards, bullet speed in f/s, bullet energy in ft-lbs, time of flight in seconds, and vertical correction in inches. Negative numbers are above point of aim and positive numbers are below.

How many bomb sniffing dogs were at the venue? They dogs certainly didn’t find the tanerite in his car.

How so? Firing on full auto into a crowd of 22,000 standing side by side would definitely end up with more people wounded than if he was taking single shots at people.

No, actually the only situation where suppressors work anything like they do in the movies is when you are shooting subsonic ammunition.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ALp8-d3dQ

On Sup Forums

ehh links please

I have never seen so many complete fucking morons in one place before. I think all of you who think this was staged should go out together and let me shoot bullets near you and tell me if it’s fake or not.