Why the fuck do anime characters make the dumbest fucking decisions?

Why the fuck do anime characters make the dumbest fucking decisions?

Fictional characters must make stupid decisions in order to drive the plot. "Good writing" means being able to obscure this basic fact as much as possible. If everyone made smart decisions, shows would be over in a single episode.

the fact that they're not real would be my guess

thank god i'm not the only one who thinks everyone in madoka makes potato level decisions

every single decision that they make is retarded

>LOLZ NOT EVERYONES PERFECT
>except me

Look at most anime's though. Everyone consistently does stupid things every episode. It doesn't make sense

IT'S ALL FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT

Because they have insufficient information about their circumstances to make informed decisions.

Yeah I can admit theres some beyond the retarded decision making sometimes, but imagine viewing your life again after you die, how many times would you say "wtf why did I do x"

I agree but I can't imagin making as stupid decisions as your average anime character.

Homura has gone through the same scenaio tons of times, so if her decisions seem dumb, remember she probably already tried it the other ways you are thinking would be more obvious and got worse results.

Well they typically are younger than 15, so im not really surprised

Homuru is actually probably the only character I respect.

it is not about homura
it is especially about sayka the mule

The Sayaka arc is one of the most ridiculous examples of forced drama I've ever seen.

>OH NO, I HAVE A SOUL GEM! I'M LIKE, ZOMBIES! NOBODY CAN LOVE ME NOW

Doesn't it get like three people killed?

More like she knows from experience that Sayaka and Mami can't be trusted; Sayaka always witches out when she contracts and Mami is an emotional time bomb who explodes dramatically when she learns the truth about witches. Kyouko is probably the only one she hasn't had terrible experiences with as Homura is still willing to make an alliance with her in the anime timeline.

You made a pretty bad decision saving that thumbnail from Google. Are you some old man that doesn't know how to use Google?

I know, right? She's clearly a lich, not a zombie.

That's a big point of their characters, at least in the case of Sayaka. She was too fixated on her ideal to realise that she would come to regret her decisions in the end.

This
I hate this fucking bitch, I liked Rebellion since she was toned down and got fucked by the end
She is the biggest reason why I think Madoka is a 6/10 series

I just don't have pictures of anime characters on file. Sorry to disappoint you user

Maybe if they outright stated they won't age or get pregnant, which might have just been implied, it would be understandable why she would feel that way. She could never have children with or grow old with Kyosuke.

Not necessarily true.

I think the problem lies more in making logical decisions when the solution is painfully obvious.

If a specific character flaw isn't fleshed out then there is no reason for that character to not make such an obvious decision.

However, that being said, if everyone made smart decisions does not end a show. Often times some of the best shows are those where the dilemma presents a difficult challenge, where the solution ISN'T obvious.

So therefore, no decision seems completely correct. In this context, a character may be plagued by their morality, or due to the fact that regardless of their choice they still lose something in the end.

Here the situation is more multilayered and a solution isn't a simple one.

It's a combination of plot convenience and thoughtless conflict and pointless drama that make for anime characters to make the dumbest fucking decisions.

Homura >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyouko > Madoka > Mami >>>>>>>>>>>> Sallaka

How can you rate madoka that high? She's just a whiny cry baby.

Because she's a good girl and a cute.

Also you'd be an emotional wreck too if your friends kept dying horribly around you.

Forced drama

Case in point Clannad

This is an aspect lost in cultural differences. It's essentially a difference between eastern and western views on a soul and how it interacts with a body. In essence in Japanese thought, the soul follows the form of the body. Thus, by having it stuffed in a Fabergé egg and controlling her body remotely like a meat puppet, she became something less than human, and her soul would thus also change to something less than human. This is the source of Sayaka's angst over this.

Is there anything in production where we can see the original time line?

You're in the wrong board again, Sup Forums. Also, that doesn't explain why you're so terrible at using a computer. Please drink bleach "kudasai" (ください)

What do you want from anime characters?

BEACUSE the plot says it has to be that way

For them to use their brains

I'd like to make any dumbest decisions for you!

But son, you're on Sup Forums tonight
You've clearly made some super questionable life decisions for yourself

What would you all wish for?

To show that each person have flaws? A character without flaws is boring.

Any specific examples?

I believe that their decisions were much better than your average user.

If teenage girls made rational, logical decisions then they wouldn't be very good energy sources.

To be a little girl.

Unpopular opinion here (or it is every other time I've brought it up) but the biggest thing holding back anime is it's bad writing quality across the board, even in anime I adore, I recognize how the characters don't really act like how people would act or even talk like people would talk

(and no this isn't a cultural difference, anime characters do actually talk in a specific "anime" way that is completely different from how real people in Japan talk)

I think the next big anime "revolution" will come when it starts to break out of these cliches, archetypes and general anime writing style that's been around for decades and is prevalent in almost every anime ever and really kicks anime up to the level of say a HBO show like House of Cards or something.

People here were really butthurt a few months ago when news came out that western companies want to work with anime companies to make productions, but I think if we get some really good western show runners with the freedom anime gives you, we could get some fucking insanely good shows out of that. Maybe I'm being optimistic though.