Why is art so shit? Have we lost our souls?

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/popular-1-month/
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2011.00060/full
youtube.com/watch?v=5sEZmMeH96Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

art is shit because the people who are paying for it like shit

Nah, it's just a way for people to launder money

But why do people actually pretend this shit has some sort of deeper meaning to it. It's fucking retarded.

those people are retards. I actually like the painting in the OP but only a purely aesthetic level, I look at it and it pleases my eyes. Anyone who claims a deeper reason for enjoying it beyond that is a retard.

As soon as someone pays a fuck-ton for something, people get interested. But that's just how I see it, I'm not much of an art person

The Accountant (movie) features Pollock

Pollock was autistic with paint; it looks easy, but no one else can make those patterns

Might be about the action of the painter, and it might remind you of modern life or modern science, like what's going on in our brains

I hate to be all like "its the joos" for the millionth time, but jewish art has no intrinsic value except for the goys and fellow joos they can fool into buying it.

Yeah so aesthetic that it cost arround 200 fucking millions

Not ALL of it is shit.

Tbqh shitty Sup Forums memes from MS Paint look better than modern "art" (if you can even call it that)

smartest thing a beaner has ever said.

I think the artist got to close to chaos and it burned him

seriously tho.

you probably think "good" art is photo realistic paintings.

I made these just for you

You sound like a salty artists who makes this kind of shit.

>Why is art so shit?

you dont need to be an artist to understand the basics of different art movements.

>Jew shits on canvas
>Jew "art critics" tell goy millionaires that it's brilliant

That's pretty much all there is to it.

Jackson Pollock was famous for his drip paintings because he would often close his eyes. The idea was that the result would be pure art/emotion/expression of the soul with no interference from the brain/thought process and no vanity. It's an interesting concept and they're all quite large which makes them actually look pretty interesting when up on a white wall -- maybe not that one but the one's with more colour definitely.

That said, the only reason they sell for millions (some close to 200 million) is because art is used to launder enormous sums of money, not because people actually place that much value on them. The one's that are genuinely valuable are placed in museums.

Do you guys enjoy my work? Should I make more?

Pollock is Scottish/Irish American and raised by presbyterians and his drip paintings are done on composition board, not canvas.

it's all a money laundering scheme

Just like with art music, when universities took over the training of both artists and art critics, it became a part of degenerate academia. Appeal to the masses, or even wealthy patrons, no longer mattered. Government funding of the arts contributes to it as well by making them even less dependent on producing a product that actually appeals to people.

Because it isnt as rare of a skill now, you dont need to be born into wealth or have a king/lord finance you to be able to afford equipment to develop your skill.

I'm currently struggling through a "contemporary art" class, and I've been asking myself this since the semester started. It's full of the most stereotypical faggy lefties you could imagine, so my working theory is that these people feel disenfranchised by the institutions and traditions that made art great in the past, so they reject the necessary fundamentals of a traditionally aesthetic creative medium in favor of esoteric, masturbatory, conceptual "art" because Christian imagery and beautiful things make them feel bad about being freakish husks of wasted genetic protoplasm

I have never seen a cavalry battle be portrayed this good! Hats off to whoever painted it.
Holy hell this is incredible!

>past art = copying real life things, no intuition
>modern art = using your brain

know the difference

anyone else see it?

Modern museum art is no more representative of art in 2017 than symphonic concert hall music is representative of music in 2017.

If you want to see contemporary art go to
deviantart.com/popular-1-month/

Pollock's work have complex fractal patterns, it's just beyond your simple minded comprehension.

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2011.00060/full

It's just a way for Jews to launder money*
ftfy

youtube.com/watch?v=5sEZmMeH96Q

Essentially yes we have, that's why modern art (true modern art is shit). We've lost our way.

For all we know that image could really be the Defence of the Hougoumont.

high end shit art is used by the wealthy to launder money or for bribes

Nice bait

I called something similar to this a fucking travesty and was called "uncultured" because of that.

>be going out with graphic design chick years ago
>my brother was doing art at school
>pick up art lingo from listening to him (framing, juxtaposition, etc)
>get dragged along to gf's friend's art show
>bored out of my fucking mind but free booze
>some fag comments to me how he really likes some picture I'm staring at blankly
>spout gibberish about the picture I heard from my brother
>fag says he sees exactly what I mean and that he's happy there's another true lover of the arts
>tell him I just made all that shit up and I think the night is a waste of time
>turns out he was the artfag's bf
>graphic design chick became ex-gf the next day
Was worth it just to out that retard as not having any idea what the fuck he's on about.

Devious.

Some art is shit some is masterful. The Pollock painting you posted is actually quite impressive. Such works evoke an emotional response in the viewer. Not meant for simpletons like you though.

Critical theory.

An artist is someone who should be able to evoke an emotional response simply. Only a sperglord thinks good art needs to be so complex nobody understands it except pretentious faggots like you.

creation of high quality art is a long and arduous process that requires a smart individual who has spent at decade trying to master his craft
%99 of the modern(!) artists(!) are lazy, slobbish and stupid individuals who are in fact societal rejects that have no other path into higher education except for making their rich jewish parents pay for a arts college degrees
thus they have evolved the majority of the genre into a tasteless abomination that is only good to work as a money laundering business for sketchy rich individuals