Hey guys, I really want to get into Berserk, I've been putting it off for quite a while now...

Hey guys, I really want to get into Berserk, I've been putting it off for quite a while now, and now that a new adaption has come out and it's actually deprived to witness - I want to know, what's the best way to experience Berserk? The old anime, manga, the movies? I don't read manga, like ever, I feel anime will always be superiors (for things that can't be helped, I don't dislike manga at all) but if you guys tell me definitively that the manga is the absolute best way to take my emotional investment and slam it against the wall, I'll do that.

>What's the best way to experience Berserk?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=163922
kat.cr/manga-berserk-v01-35-v2-0-t10429163.html
mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I don't read manga, like ever, I feel anime will always be superiors

read the manga anyways

> I don't read manga, like ever, I feel anime will always be superiors

________kill yourself faggot________

1997 anime is great, but was canned in the middle of the major turning point of the series.. Read the manga. Or better yet don't because the author will die long before it's finished.

Manga pls but when you finish then watch the anime because its berserk

READ THE MANGA M8

HERE TAKE THIS!!!!

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=163922

MANGA
MIURA WILL TAKE YOU ON A RIDE

All I'm saying is I'm conditioned to experience a good show with colour, with atmosphere, with music and voices. A mangaka can't force me to turn the page, it isn't as fluid, but that's just my [Spoiler] theory, a biased theory! [/Spoiler]

Manga art is so much better pretty much all of the time though.

I do like anime more, I'll admit, but for some things the manga just can't be beat. Better art, more detail, etc.

Manga it is, it will be my first manga that I've committed to. Last time I read manga was over 6 years ago because I wanted to know what happened in Kiss x Sis.

You could watch the 3 movies. They're entry tier and then you should read the mango.

read the manga, ignore ALL the animations, trust me please, i watched the 1997 animation then the 3 movies. NOTHING compares to the manga, not the script and specially not the artwork (seriously, Miura is an amazing artist that hatching is brutal)

if someone says he's going to die before he finishes it, it's talking bullshit, Kentaro is 50, it should be done before he reaches 65. Guts body needs to have a limit to the damage he can take.

Thanks user, I know it may be greedy of me to ask, but someone hasn't possibly coloured the art in these translations, have they? Also it says chapter 1-35, what's the latest chapter?

Read the manga. Don't make excuses, don't be a little bitch, just read the manga. It's the superior medium for Berserk right now.

there's 38 volumes out, try to find the dark horse translations

>color

You'd lose so much atmosphere user just take it all in

Oh one more question. I'm probably going to just read it all in one go since that's the sort of attention it demands, is this a worse way to do it? Should I space it out, like a chapter every once in a while? This is a question on how to digest manga in general too. Downsides to marathoning manga?

Too bad there's no anime about how to tie a noose, you faggot

Understood

Dark hose? I'm guessing their translation are a cut above the rest, will do

I'll take your word for it, it should be a interesting experience

I imagine it would be ticked off on your Hummingbird already if it did exist.

> A mangaka can't force me to turn the page, it isn't as fluid
> I know it may be greedy of me to ask, but someone hasn't possibly coloured the art in these translations, have they?

you are a worthless piece of shit, you don't deserve to read miura's work, watch the 2016 adaptation instead. enjoy your cgi, faggot

Well the 97 anime is the best Berserk anime adaption, and is honestly pretty good (if aged). So if you absolutely have to experience it in anime form that's the way to go. Just ignore the 3 CGI movies and new series, they're both shit. Now, after you finish the 97 anime you'll undoubtedly be wanting more so that's when you turn to the manga.

yeah, the dark horse translation is great, there's a torrent to at least 37 volumes translated by them. i remember seeing a tumblr page that was dedicated to find poor translations of berserk pages just for the lolz, there's a lot of mistranslations, watch out for those they can ruin the experience of any comic

It's a 345 chapter manga user I doubt you'll be able to read the whole thing in one sitting. You can certainly try but don't force yourself to keep reading just because. Berserk was my first manga and I read it over 2 months last school year. Sometimes I would go a week without reading any then binge 30 chapters in 1 sitting. Just read it at the pace your comfortable with, but don't force yourself that's the #1 way to stop enjoying it.

this

i'll have to look for it. No luck so far.
In the meantime I downloaded what this user pointed me to if I can't find it I'll just read this I guess, I want to read it since I'm in the mood, but obviously quality is important

Literally took me 30seconds user

kat.cr/manga-berserk-v01-35-v2-0-t10429163.html

I thought that one was a fake, I guess it was my provider trying to ruse me into thinking it was illegitimate
appreciate it user, i'm not purposely trying to be spoonfed or anything, but thank you

1-movies
2-manga since ch 86
3-berserk 2016

ignore this

Since the torrent I linked only has 35 chapters you're going to have to find the last 2 elsewhere.

I recommend going here: mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk its where I went when I originally read Berserk and I can confirm the later chapters are the official Dark Horse translation (pretty sure the earlier chapters aren't though so use the torrent until you run out). Don't need to apologize about "spoon feeding" I just want a new fan to experience the manga with the official translation and not the shit Hawk one. Hope that helps.

^^^^^^

first berserk anime is shit, faggot

bait

Marathon the 1997 anime in a week, then marathon all 38 volumes of the manga in a week, then watch the 2016 anime and cry. Oh, and don't forget the Golden Age Trilogy movies, the third one does a killer job of depicting the Eclipse.

also

>I don't read manga

very good post.

Sup Forums could use more people like you.

>Not recommending the fan-lations

The manga is the best way to experience it.

That's if he worked a regular schedule.

pls dont make this a cringe thread
post miura art

>All I'm saying is I'm conditioned to experience a good show with colour, with atmosphere, with music and voices.

Read a book, nigga.

Berserk was my first ever manga, and it was a feeling of romance going through each page. That is something you could NEVER get with an anime.

kentaro is a FOOKIN' LEGEND

FOOKIN' LEGEND i say

you won't see this on the anime either

See Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

this fucking chapter man

>posting low quality shit

was there copy and paste back then?

>Jumped the Shark.png

you know, I was so damn sure he was a demon, what a twist

So... New chapter in 4 days right?

if that's shark jumping quality, then the entire manga is a shark jump. if the shark was a giant demon that had 500 tentacles and ate babies for breakfast.

>dropped anime on first episode Those Madhouse "stills" were cheesy as shit.
>decide to give the manga a shot months later on the suggestion that I "just hold on"
>blast through 30 something volumes in two days
>instantly watch the anime
>get irrationally angry at source material being abused
>come to terms and love berserk anime
>get on the boat ride after completely tiring myself out from anime
>movies rolls out
>realize I'm completely sick of pre-ecclipse Berserk
>hate the CGI shit and Korean same face stuff
>get back on boat
>contemplate suicide
>drink a lot
>ignore all Berserk news
>stop drinking
>incidentally hear about new Berserk before hiding thread
>watch new berserk
It's everything I could expect to hope for and really enjoy it. Thanks.

>vol 1 73 MB
>vol 10 100 MB
>vol 30 300 MB
>vol 33 703 MB
seriously though what the fuck miura
youre drawing a manga not your art school PHD

the guy comes from a fine arts school, it's fine art quality or nothing

It's just scanslators who can't into compression.

how does one compress this and not make it look like shit

>reading berserk and seeing how miura's influenced everything you ever liked
hell im seeing how some 'avatar: airbender' shit is literally ripping characters and conflicts from him.

Whichever you pick, just know, you can never protect her smile.

ikr, i started calling dark souls "berserk: the game"

>posting the old version

Read the manga faggot.

>tfw catching up to latest chapters
Im about to join the suffering
how many years was between vol 34 to the present?
10? 15?

Fucking read the manga you derp.
I started with Berserk manga in early 2002 and read it up that fast that it was a real pain in the ass to wait until the next manga came out to buy. Sadly i had to sell my first press because money problems, still hate myself for that.

You're a fuckin idiot.

it also looks like Miura likes evil dead

GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY

>
art just aint original huh?

back to Sup Forums friend

somebody's triggered

So volume 39 won't be finished until 2020 right?
Is this story ever going to be finished?

Couldn't help but to hear "Prithee be careful" in my head. Would be neat if some of the DS voice actors could take part in the dub. When or if there will be one.

it was actually a massive coincidence, Miura was
scared the creators of evil dead would think that he stole their work

Here's hoping the musou game rekindles public interest in Berserk so Miura doesn't have another 3 year hiatus.
How the fuck does he expect to stay relevant if he no longer produces anything?

nope

I just noticed Ubik at the table.

>a manga with artwork of this high of calibur gets the cheapest-looking tier of animation in the past 3 decades
Was there seriously no other studio that was interested in adapting Berserk? Jesus christ

i don't understend why would he be, evil dead has inspired literally thousands of IPs, references are scattered everywhere in a lot of stuff

>How the fuck does he expect to stay relevant
he doesn't
he probably only went along with it so he could get more money to buy the new idolm@ster

>giving the anime only shitter a torrent to awful scans

nice

I'm sure he meant that as a reference to a work of art. There wouldn't be any point to it otherwise.

it was mainly cause while he was working on the black swords man arc evil dead came out (i think), and the similarities between the 2 are very similar as show in the picture so he just feared it would be take as a copyright

Fair enough.
I'm just going to lose my fucking mind if he doesn't finish this shit in the next few years.
I don't want to be 25 and still waiting for this story to end.

>implying it will end
this is his only money maker
he's going to milk it till he dies or gets crippled like guts

of course he did, he came from a fine arts school, i mean you just can't rip out a bosch if you had to study it for years

I'd prefer a shittier fan artist to finish the story over Miura fucking over his fans.
I'm glad I read most of it online. I'm not giving that fucker any more of my money until he starts consistently drawing again like he did before the hospitalization which is no fucking excuse, especially when you hire assistants afterwards.

it has to end soon, the berserk armour will suck guts' life in no time
>inb4 he turns out like the skull knight
guts would rather die than become something inhuman.

Takes too long to get to waifus and harem. Though I have noticed a decline in overall dark anime over the years. You have some horror like Another and Tokyo Ghoul but it's still more cute in appearance over Blood: TLV and Boogiepop Phantom.

I feel like the Elf-King will have some gear that has similar effects to the Berserker armour but none of its drawbacks.