There are people on this board who unironically think science is a hoax

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/09/28/majority-of-americans-now-say-climate-change-makes-hurricanes-more-intense/?utm_term=.32723bab8c6b
youtube.com/watch?v=7x3Qh3_27Xk
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/OceanCooling/page5.php
express.co.uk/news/science/622043/GLOBAL-WARMING-NASA-Antarctic-COOLING-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change
ipcc.ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are people in this world who unironically think that Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Fuck Yeah Science are the supreme and ultimate authorities on science and anyone who disagrees with them needs to be jailed for heresy

>There are people on this board that think "climate science" is actually science.
Protip: if you have to put "science" in the name, it isnt. Ex: social science, computer science, climate science, political science. c.f. biology, physics, chemistry, astronomy.

Yes!! We should respect real scientists, like pic-related who was a Nobel-prize winning chemist in addition to being an accomplished physicist

the problem is that so many real scientists get taken out of context or used for a political agenda

not to mention the whole peer review system that discourages any science that isnt approved by mainstream academia

The climate is always changing retard.........

Lotta christfags here, m80. They're not too bright. If they were, they wouldn't be christfags.

washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/09/28/majority-of-americans-now-say-climate-change-makes-hurricanes-more-intense/?utm_term=.32723bab8c6b

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

NASA says we've been cooling for 19 years.

Meanwhile, our rate of carbon emission has been accelerating.

If you're dumb enough to believe that X=Y therefore X+2=Y-1, just kill yourself.

Of course it is. And currently it is changing due to man-made GHG emissions, which for some reason idiots deny

>NASA says some bullshit that NASA actually didn't say
wow user you're pretty smart! Next tell me how the Surgeon General says that vaccines cause autism

why does brightness matter in a world without morality

I'm not so sure they told me Antartica would be gone by now and it's still there I agree mankind should be less wasteful and respect nature where possible but Don't trees literally transform co2 into o2? Also why are you offering random words on a child's drawing as proof?

>(((no citations)))

None of the predictions climate change advocates in the last 20 years have come true. Polar bears aren't extinct, ice caps still exist, California and Florida aren't under water.

I respect good science. Unfortunately there is a lot of $cience, bad science , and scientism crowding the field.

Your image in know way exhibits how we know we're causing global warming.

We are below our estimates for global average temperature, meaning if we expect a return to the mean, heating is inevitable. The alternative is much more frightening.

By releasing non-bioavailable Carbon into the ecosphere, we are literally revitalizing the planet and increasing it's capacity to bear life.

Give me one good reason not to start my car right now and leave a brick on the gas pedal.

You'll wear out the transmission?

Clearly you don't know what the fuck you're talking about OP. Might I suggest that you pick up "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism?"

No, but I do believe that a lot of (((scientists))) are corrupt as shit and wish mainly to push an agenda.

white people are racists, not scientists. fuck you.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Climate Change. The science is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of climatology most of the data will go over a typical layman's head. There's also the bleak outlook, which is definitely woven into his data- our scientific evidence points heavily towards potential catastrophic climate collapse, for instance. The democrats understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this predicament, to realize that they're not just part of a bigger problem- they are a threat to LIFE. As a consequence people who disagree with climate change truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the danger of driving a non-electric car, which itself is merely a stop-gap on the war on Carbon. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bill Nye's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a reusable grocery bag. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 points of my carbon footprint (preferably lower) beforehand.

lovely.

>t. person who endorses chopping their genitals up

>you have to have a very high IQ to understand Climate Change.

youtube.com/watch?v=7x3Qh3_27Xk

>this is news

earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/OceanCooling/page5.php

express.co.uk/news/science/622043/GLOBAL-WARMING-NASA-Antarctic-COOLING-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change

That's just the a couple of quick google results.

The Earth has been cooling since 1998. That's probably the only thing NASA says about Earth's climate that you can believe.

>believing in the empirical jew

Makes me feel terrible, that kid is adorable and has a big heart, but he's been traumatized by his parents overreactions.

Well technically it's not a proven fact that we're causing global warming.

Nasa is not entire confident and not all experts agree.

For you to believe a "most likely" thing as fact is laughable.

>believing retards on a Cantonese cosplay compendium instead of subject matter experts
ipcc.ch
Inb4 nordbro fuck off mate

As someone from CA...please I wish it was real and we could get rid of the commies...

>the Earth had a single abnormally strong El Nino in 1998 which is now the 4th hottest year on record and somehow this means long-term warming isn't happening
wow user it's almost like you're a complete fucking moron!

Yes. Too bad modern climate "scientists" ignore that the effect is logarithmic to co2 levels, not exponential. But thats why they're "scientists" not scientists.

>He drives an automatic

Karl poppers concept of falsifibility is not a hoax. Climate change is a positivist claim. Espcially that of the crucial water vapor feedback cycle. Nobody cares if we raise the global average by 2 degrees. We can live with that.