Is there any anime that left you completely satisfied in all aspects...

Is there any anime that left you completely satisfied in all aspects? Where no less than best girls won and you felt all warm and fuzzy inside after? Pic related.

Tatami Galaxy

Your Name

I want more lore

Thank you

I miss Winter 2013. That was a happier time in my life.

Were they sitting in the same grassy area?

Yeah. It's a place called "KyoAni Heaven," user. K-On went there much earlier, towards the start of the fall 2010 season, and then Tamako Market joined it at the end of winter 2013.

No romance at all which is even better.

>lame childhood friend ending.
>satisfying

The thing that annoys me about this anime is the Japanese woman's determination to feminise their men. But other than that, an okay anime.

Boko no Pico

>KyoAni Heaven
RIP ;_;

Kemono no Souja Erin will not disappoint you

This movie was a mess. There were lots of good things about it (mostly Kanna) but the eponymous "love story" was just really bad. It wasn't even a love story, it was just the story of how the two confessed to each other. Which is always the WORST. Tamako loving the guy isn't sold to any reasonable extent. Why does she "love" him? Because he was at her mom's funeral? Because he's always been around? They don't even have any scenes together in the film, which could have worked if their "romance" was sold in other ways, but it wasn't. It's mostly just Tamako sitting around and thinking about shit while other arbitrary events happen around her.

Tamako's situation in the film boils down to this: Her whole character is about wanting to maintain the status quo, she wants to hold onto the life that she knows forever because she loves it so much and the last time something changed significantly was when her mother died. Suddenly her world starts to change around her, guy confesses to her which threatens her way of life. Now she has two options, tell him she loves him and he'll stay, or reject him and he'll go off to school. She basically spends the whole movie in denial, wishing that none of this were happening at all, and then at the end tells him she loves him because she thinks he's leaving.

There's no romance there. How about some dialog between these two characters establishing that they have some kind of intimate connection to each other? How about scenes showing how they're actually important to each other? Her reason for loving him amounts to "he's always been around." Also the end was totally anti-climactic. A rare directorial miss for kyoani.

Nips can't into romance. The last great anime romance was Kare Kano, TLS isn't even in the same league.

It's been a while since I watched the show and the movie, but you pretty much explained the point with a different interpretation. They already had a long-standing relationship even before the start of Tamako Market and they're both afraid of losing it. If you read the lyrics to Neguse it basically covers everything in your second paragraph. She's basically an extremely naive girl who is used to everyday life in the market and not putting much thought into what happens if it changes.

The end of the movie literally uses the string phone as a symbol that their connection was already there the whole time and it's about a realization. It is a case of the nice guy actually not finishing last. You can say it's not convincing proof of love I guess. Much of the story has that sort of idea of love being about hanging on to people who have an important effect on your life.

Mirai Nikki
Steins;gate
book of bantorra

>Much of the story has that sort of idea of love being about hanging on to people who have an important effect on your life
I think this is my whole problem with it. It just comes across as the most cynical possible perspective on love. The idea that Tamako would decide to date this guy just so that she wouldn't "lose him" is depressing. And while I understand that's not actually all there is to TLS, it's hard to interpret her choice in any other way.

I think what's really telling is that while watching the movie it always kinda feels like she might actually choose to let him go. One might think "well that's the whole drama of the plot, whether she loves him or not," but it really shouldn't be. If this is a love story then having the central question be "does she love him or not" is kinda inherently dumb. It should be pretty obvious to the viewer at least if not to her that she does love him. The story should be showing you why, it should be building up the characters and their relationship together. I'd definitely argue that TLS doesn't do this. You seem to be making the point that the series already sets all this stuff up. If that's the case then the role of the film becomes a literal story of her working up the courage to confess to him. That's just lame. I mean maybe it could have been done well, but it wasn't. Some might argue that the role of the film was about her actually finally realizing that she was in love with him. But it wasn't. Again, this would have necessitated a bunch of scenes about their relationship and history together, and ideally scenes where the two actually interact with dialog, but those were few and far between. There was never any convincing argument for her loving him in TLS.

Except for you know the whole flash back scene where Tamako realizes that Mochizou has always been there for her. she took him for granted and realized how much she actually cared and loved him when she found out he was leaving. The ending scene when when she finally catches the string phone is symbolic of her finally "catching" mochizou's feelings. He had been throwing them out to her but she never picked up on it. At the end she finally realizes that no matter what changes in her life Mochizou will always care about her. It's a beautiful fucking love story.

You guys don't get the idea of a touchstone. Mochizou was Tamako's rock. At the end of the day no matter what happened Mochizou was there to talk to, to listen to her problems and reassure her. She grew up with that and didn't realize how important he was to her until he was about to leave.

She realizes that what she feels for Mochizou was love the whole time and at first she can't handle it. She ends up listening to her dad's song over and over realizing that her mom felt the same way. She had buried the idea of losing someone when her mom died. The shock of almost losing her grandfather brought the concept of loss back to to the forefront of her mind. That's when she realizes she can't lose Mochizou.

I'd like to write a longer response to this but I don't have the time at the moment and it makes me want to watch everything again to clarify some things. I can say that the series is absolutely important to understanding the movie. Even with your earlier argument you have to think about why Midori loves Tamako and why she's at odds with Mochizou throughout the story.

Loss is a big component. You can see it if you dig into the subplots with the other characters. I think that's the reason it has a nostalgic feel to it as well. I don't want to say it's a deep series, but it's definitely one you can think about for a while.

They actually made Mochi manlier in the movie

I think the reasons he loves Tamako are a lot less complicated. She's cute, he's known her forever (I for one don't hate the childhood friend route it's one of my favorites actually) he also saw what she went through with her mother and wants to be there for her, he wants to protect he remembers her birthday every year even if he can't muster up the courage to confess. He suffers from the same fear as Tamako but overcomes it's first. He knows that to be there for her as an adult and not just as a friend means letting her know his real feelings, taking that leap of faith and hoping that she feels the same way is the basic formula for the drama. What sets TLS apart is that it doesn't end at the confession.

Tamako unlike most female protagonist WASN'T waiting to be swept off her feet. She didn't know what she wanted. The loss of her mother drove her to drive the concept of change deep down. The idea of leaving the shopping district or people not being around any more is the main theme. It's why the first time she really realizes she loves Mochizou is after her grandfather nearly dies, that's when she has the flash back and remembers that no matter what is happening in her life Mochizou is always there. She had taken him for granted, she's in tears at the end because she realizes that her reaction earlier to the confession gave the impression she didn't care about Mochizou, that's why the first thing she tells him through the string (which I'm sure everyone here knows is the symbolic "string of fate" ) is "I love you". That's what Mochizou needed to hear, no explanation just a simply declaration of mutual love. Then her father's song plays but this time Tamako is singing, they're her feelings now. You see in the credits her and Mochizou sitting together for hours as time goes by, obviously talking and just being together. It annoys me when people say Mochizou has no "reason" to love Tamako, he doesn't need one, he just loves her.

Also the fact that they both remember each other's birthdays is an important detail. It's a little signal in the main series that their feelings are mutual.

Now I need to rewatch again.

I was actually the user who saw it in theaters in Japan when it came out and posted info here.

It's my favorite Kyoani movie by far.

I didn't watch the Tamakos until this year so I missed your thread.
>It's my favorite Kyoani movie by far.
Superb taste.

I guess it always bothers me when people call it boring. I mean I'll agree that Dela is waaaay overrepresented in the main show but it's a slice of life it's not meant to be super exciting, just comfy. I think as a simple cute love story it works really well. You could see something like that happening. It's very grounded if somewhat idealised, but that's the point of Anime.

I liked Market, but it felt lacking a bit and Love Story fixed those problems for me. Mainly Tamako and Mochi becoming more rounded characters.

Gosick.

Adorable tsundere loli, a relationship between the MC and the supporting character that doesn't need a kiss to be expressed, mad sleuthing skills, and a post-credits ending that you actually asked for.

>all these kyoani meme shows
tatami galaxy

K-On and Yuru yuri without third season included.

I agree, I felt like the movie was the perfect ending to the show. It's really gave everyone the closure you wanted.

I'm not gonna lie I choked up when the Tamako version of "koi no uta" started playing at the end.

What a lucky guy

It's one of those movies that makes me happy and sad at the same time. Like I'm glad it had a happy ending but fuck it hurts knowing I'll never have something like that.

reminder that mochizou is a masochist

I watched this movie high as fuck.

The thing that made me sad was Midori losing, but I was still happy for Tamako and Mochi-kun.
Fuck off Dera

It was a bit of a blowout for /u/.

She didn't really have a chance.

At least she has Kanna.

I want my own Kanna.

I love Market and Love Story equally but I agree Love Story's ending leaves you feeling immensely satisfied.

Tamako is such a well written character.

>Koe no Katachi will probably have an ending sequence like this

Given how Love Story and the K-On! movie are some of my favorite pieces of media ever I'm immensely hyped for it.

Toradora, cause I'm a massive pleb

Maid sama and dengeki daisy for mangos

Texhnolyze left me satisfied, but it definitely wasn't warm and fuzzy

Based Yamasis

I like Tamako because she doesn't have the typical "kyun" reaction to Mochizou confessing. Its more realistic like all these emotions she doesn't know how to deal with come flooding out, it's really cute and makes you want to root for her even more. When she catches the string phone for the first time at the end you know everything's going to work out.

I never realized how deep Tamako LS was until I read all those comments in this thread. I've always said that a lot of SoL shows are kinda like this, not because they're full of theories or symbolisms buy because they sometimes really make you think about stuff in life.

That's whats so great about SoL. Being based in reality lets you see life in general in a different manner.
K-On! influenced me to become a much more friendly person, for example. Tamako Market made me more humanist.

Still the best story I've ever come across in any medium.

Can't wait for the director's next project.

Still one of my all-time favorite anime.

Why do people hates Ichika again? Kana was complete utter shit on the other hand.

>none of these comments are sarcasm or satire
Get out. Get the fuck out. You're human trash.

Shit Sekai Yaoi is a bathroom novel that used pandering and shock value to get people to watch it. It's bereft of depth and cohesive writing.

This is the only correct response.

Not even worth a (You).

LovelyComplex
Working
TWGOK
Nazo no Kanojo X
Oreshura (only serviceable harem ending ever)
Golden Time
Servant X Service
TLS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Sakura Trick
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji

Probably about it. There are lots more I enjoyed, but didn't have the exact type of ending you're talking about.

Utena

Kill yourself.

>Nazo no Kanojo X

autism

Stop liking faux-deep shit. Go read a real book.

Did you finish the manga? I was fine with the ending.

This. Read SSY's novel instead.

Also that page is somewhat out of context especially if you don't know the theme of the work.

>buying into the author's shitty excuses
Mysterious Girlfriend X is a dime-a-dozen ecchi romance that baits the reader and holds things over their heads to keep them buying like idiots.

There's no meaning behind them not kissing. It's what nearly all authors in the genre do. They're smart enough to know that the promise of a kiss keeps otaku coming back each chapter.