/AHSG/ Atlantic Hurricane Season General - Alabama BTFO

>Tropical Storm Nate expected to become a hurricane before making landfall around New Orleans, Louisiana.

=====UPDATES:=====
>State of Emergency declared for Louisiana
>Mandatory evacuations for parts of New Orleans
>5-8 foot storm surge expected at and around the New Orleans area

=====INFO LINKS:=====
>NOAA: nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents
>Weather Underground: wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/tropical-storm-nate
>TropicalTidBits: tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/

=====NEWS LINKS:=====
>CNN: cnn.com/2017/10/06/us/tropical-storm-nate-forecast/index.html
>ABC: abcnews.go.com/US/tropical-storm-nate-pounds-central-america-set-hit/story?id=50323890
>NOLA: nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/10/tropical_storm_nate_gretna_set.html

=====HELP&PREPARATIONS:=====
>RedCross: redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/hurricane
>NOAA NWS: nws.noaa.gov/om/hurricane/index.shtml
>ReadyGov: ready.gov/hurricanes
>NatGeo: nationalgeographic.com/environment/natural-disasters/hurricane-safety-tips/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-wZbWtcaU
weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=gulf-13-48-1-100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't hit the Maritimes
God pls

The eye wall has just about closed up.

Yeah that was me man.

New video by Levi Cowan/Tropical Tidbits.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-wZbWtcaU
Marttimes are fine.

Looks like Nate is gonna be renamed because it killed so many people in Central America.

HOLY SHIT
75kt wind speeds recorded at flight level.
Nate will be a Hurricane by the next update which is around an hour or two.
Dropping by 2mb every hour.

>tfw the only person bumping this thread.
Also Nate has moved more to the west then forecasted which pretty means that instead of hitting the Yucatan and weakening it's actually strengthening?

I'm here friend. Just preparing RL.

THE 10PM advisory has given boosted Nate's windspeed to 70MPH(Just short of Hurricane speed.
>Recent data from NOAA and Air Force Reserve reconnaissance flights
indicate that Nate continues to strengthen and is near hurricane
strength. The NOAA plane measured a maximum 700-mb flight-level
wind of 75 kt, but the SFMR instruments on both planes have only
measured surface winds as high as 55 kt. It seems that the highest
winds haven't quite mixed down to the surface, but it's likely that
the system is at least producing surface winds of 60 kt, which will
be the initial intensity for this advisory. The NOAA flight also
reported that an eyewall is forming to the east of Nate's center.

I wish you luck.
Hopefully this storm doesn't landfall as a Hurricane.

I suspect a Cat 1+ into Mobile as best-case right now from what I'm seeing. It may end up being a Cat 3 in worse-case.

What I'm terrified is another Erin or Opal...or worse: Ivan.

Ez category 3. Leave the area if you live there.

how you got internet

Mama mia.

It just got raised around 5 kt.
Looks like a CAT 3 is the worst scenario.
The good news is that it is fast-moving

I live in the metropolitan area

Thoughts on that nice convection?

SHEEEEEEEIT

I'm in an uninsured mobile home under an oak tree. I'm one semester out from graduating. I just lost my car to a car wreck.

Fuck my life.

>lives in a home that is in fact mobile
>storm is approaching
>doesn't take advantage of the fact home is mobile

Requires a fucking semi truck to move.

Hopefully it moves fast so you don't get hit hard.
It's already speeding at 20MPH and it's a relatively small hurricane/ts

UH OH.
>NOAA recon plane has found 90kt winds at flight level.
HURRICANE NATE!

Looks good I guess
What's preventing that hurricane from becoming a major one is the fact that it's moving too fast. I wonder how powerful it would get if it drastically slows down in warm waters.

weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=gulf-13-48-1-100

If it slows down by so much as 3 MPH it will likely have enough time in the gulf to hit high Cat 2 / low cat 3 at the current time.

Would be an interesting, though terrifying for LA/Alabama, to see

Is this Katrina 2.0?

It's moving too fast to be a Katrina but considering how bad the conditions of the storm drains in the Gulf is.
It'll still pack a hard punch.

Hey it's me again

If any of you remember me, I live on Dauphin Island and I will stay around for this storm.

>pic related

Now the island will prob flood a bit but all of our houses tend to be 20 feet above sea level (and inland they sit on land that's 20 feet above sea level.) So I will be safe. All I will keep you updated

Irma and Maria went from Cat 1 to Cat 5 in one day.

What do you think of the convection and conditions?
Strong CAT 2?

That's 4 retired names so far this season...

Nate is speeding so fast that it won't be able to benefit as much as Irma and Maria.
If it was slower then it would be a Major or a Katrina 2.0

HURRICANE NATE!
SPECIAL ADVISORY.

The old cone had it a tropical storm until landfall.

I think Nate will be Cat 3/4.

This is so terrible.
People are expecting some CAT 1 winds and light winds and Nate is literally rapidly intensifying in front of our eyes.

either wind shear will kick in and bring the storm to a cat1 by land fall or (like irma and many storms this year) they just say "fuck you wind and logic" and keep intensifying to a strong cat 2-cat 3. What we must understand is almost every storm this year has been predicted to be less intense then it really turns out to be. So seeing the models rapidly beinging this storm from a strong TS to a low cat 2 in the span of 6 hours is a telling sign they don't know what the hell it's going to do.

TD:LR I don't know what the hell this storm will do

so how bad will new orleans get fucked?

new orleans user here and living in trailer

>terrible
What did he mean by this?

It's not good.
People are gonna be caught offguard.

You have friends in another state with a spare bedroom?

Why is it always around New Orleans if it's within 200 miles?? It's actually going to hit closer to the Mississippi, Alabama state line. It's headed for me, and I'm two fucking hours from NO. I'm just sayin'.

no user i don't

Nate Silver has been demoted to Nate Hurricane?
Damn, how the mighty have fallen.

>living in a trailer
Where in the fuck are you living in a trailer? NO East? I can't even think of any shitty trailer parks except one on River Road by Destrehan. Also we're going to be fine faggot.

NO is within the come.
It'll most likely bring hurricane force winds to NO just like Katrina did

Also something to note is the NAM 3km model. I have the most trust in this model when it comes to how strong it will be

>pic related is very possible from what we're seeing happen tonight.

110 knots =126 MPH, 3 MPH short of a cat 4

IR is blowing up but where the hell is the COC?

Tell that dude trying to sell the Mark 1 MR2 good luck nigger.

So as an update:
We have absolutely no clue what Hurricane Nate will end up doing.
>Original models put it at medium tropical storm strength almost all the way to NOLA before hitting Cat 1 just barely
>Nate to hit Cat 1 just before it leaves Mexico

I think this bitch might actually hit a very high Cat 2 / low Cat 3.

Remember, guys. If the AHSGeneral threads have yet to remind you, hurricanes are insanely unpredictable. Just look at Harvey, it shot to Cat 4 in a matter of hours when we thought it'd just be a Cat 2 when it hit Texas.

i live in gretna user

>Gretna
>Nola
Pick one you fucking West Bank trash.

>Forgot image btw
Nate IS cat 1 now. NOAA updated it at 1030 Central (15 mins ago) but the image/graphics are not updated.

It has an assymetrical eyewall because the winds that are pushing it so rapidly are also not allowing it to strengthen one side of its eyeball.

HOLY SHIT that convection is very close to being off the charts!!

WOW!

"Calm before the storm."

>more hurricanes
I'm so sorry dixiebros

I was in New Orleans today, saw the leading edge bands. They're still offshore, but it's going to be a fun weekend with the pumps failing and the chimps chimping.

Dude it's going to be a small category 1 hurricane. Hurricane force winds will not anywhere near New Orleans. I would say from Biloxi to Mobile will get 80-90 mph winds with the highest storm surge being around 5'.

They're just hysterical faggots but I hope it fucking lights this shit hole up. We need another nigger cleansing, and I've got about 500 bullets for looters.

cmon user, don't insult me, it gets me all hot and bothered

>all this mid-to-high cat-posting

I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIGH AND DRY THIS SEASON. IT WASN'T MY TURN.

so do I but cable internet is killed and my phone line died in the hurricane, the cell tower barely fucking works, I can't load images

lmao fucking wankers. This shit is going to blow through so fast don't even worry nigger. I'm just pissed I can't make it to the St. Bernard shooting range tomorrow to break in my new Glock. Maybe I can break it in on some retard trying to kick in my front door.

>Latest NOAA Update incase people want to read these

Hurricane Nate Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162017
1030 PM CDT Fri Oct 06 2017

...NATE BECOMES A HURRICANE...

An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft just penetrated the
center of Nate and reported hurricane-force winds. The maximum
winds are estimated to be 75 mph (120 km/h) with higher gusts.

SUMMARY OF 1030 PM CDT...0330 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...22.4N 86.3W
ABOUT 95 MI...155 KM WNW OF THE WESTERN TIP OF CUBA
ABOUT 495 MI...795 KM SSE OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 340 DEGREES AT 22 MPH...35 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...988 MB...29.18 INCHES

There's more than niggers here bro. Like my entire WHITE family.

oh you'll get nothing, this is a small storm and will only hit mississippi and alabama. You guys will get a littl breeze and some rain.

When I mean small I mean in size, nothing related to strength.

>be 251 fag
>literally live on island
>have island ripped in half by katrina
>last real hurricane to effect 850 was Ivan
>bitches about a little wind

holy shit.

It's not even over the gulf yet.
Insane.

I'm surprised there isn't looting already desu, Mobile/Gulfport/NO is prime fail territory.

If your entire white family lives in Orleans parish they have it coming. If they live in Jefferson like any self respecting white person they'll be fine. The 5 years after Katrina were amazing with how low the nigger level was. We have to go back.

>niggers
>not expecting them to loot even in cat 1 hurricane

Nuke prichard. Went from a blue collard white area to detriot 2.0

Yeah it's moving 20+ mph. It's going to be a little worse than a summer time squall (which can get quite bad at times).

It's business as usually at the moment. They'd quickly get shot for trying to loot right now.

It's aimed at Mobile Bay right now, and that puts me in the worse spot for it.

Ivan I was recording 165mph sustained winds in the eyewall with my equipment. The scientific community downgraded it because of bullshit I won't get into.

I live no where near NO. NO will be a hour and a half to a two hour drive from where the eye of the storm hits.

>mobile bay
You know that Murphy family that owns that bar around there?

Mid-city new orleans here, Just glad no one has taken the few guns I have just in case shit gets real real bad. Might leave after taking a look at its status in the morning.

Shit prichard has been that way for my entire life, and I'm 40.

>mobile bay
>that bar

Unless you're talking about the tavern on the causeway that's been there forever fuck off it's a big area.

>mid city
You deserve anything that happens to you, you faggot hipster.

That sucks user. I imagine you have Liberty too, they barely give updates. Do you know how much time it will take them to fix it? Mobile connection for me has been working mostly fine though

Oh is there more to Mobile than driving through it on the way to the beach? My bad.

Nate Tropical

watch it power up fast and hard now

>faggot hipster
>assuming i leave my house and interact with anyone around me

There's also a lot of dumb people.

Nate Silver has become Nate Cyclone

Here to cause even more damage than Harvey, Irma, and Maria

Here to ruin the budget from damage numbers.

DROOMPF BTFO!

lmao I know that feel bruh. You honestly might want to get the fuck out if you flooded at all during that rain a few weeks back. How did you fare? My faggot friend there had water in their jeep. Shit was classic New Orleans nigger retarded.

Do you think those recorded flight level 90 kts will work their way down?

Yeah and wind shear was going to rip Irma apart but did jack shit. Idk this is a weird year when nothing makes sense. you must understand that what we're seeing tonight should not happen. but it's happening so it could be anything.

yeah there's the causeway (which you drive over on I-10 and there's east and west bay. West bay is shit and East bay is comfy. it's where all the white ppl live.
>pic related teenagers in east bay mocking spanish fort High school)

Yeah but unless you're in perdido key or some bullshit like that you really have nothing to worry about that you wouldn't expect from a bad summer sprawl line.

Fuck off. Mobile isn't as big as some cities, but it's not bad either. It's the birthplace of Mardi Gras.

What's a flight level 90 kts? It blows at 200kts over the entire country regularly all winter long.

All the more reason for it to sink
>degeneracy

Yeah a bit strange

Man these are some really fucking cold cloud tops for a C1.

I was born in Mobile, I'm just tossing shit about.

>It's the birthplace of Mardi Gras.
Wow thanks for giving me another reason to hate it.

Normal thunderstorms in that part of the world top 60,000'

We also have a MASSIVE moonpie that hangs from one of our buildings all year round.

Well no look at the pic in the post to see how that translates to wind speeds on ground level