This is the death of Gohan as a chracter. Now he is an Oolong, a relic from a forgotten past

This is the death of Gohan as a chracter. Now he is an Oolong, a relic from a forgotten past.

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyb5oI529k&ab_channel=RandomBlackGamer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK OFF DBZ FAGS JUST FUCK OFF AND GO AWAY

so....he became a bland background character. I'm pretty sure lots of people in the DBS universe lives in a house with their family. How does this make him entertaining or interesting in any way?

Should we lower our standards just to be contrarians and say "who cares if he's boring and not cool, at least he has a family"

Not all of the characters are dedicated to fighting. Some of them only fight casually or when they are forced to. It was stated many, numerous fucking times, even by Gohan himself, that he didn't like fighting. So now here we are when he's older and he has everything he always wanted, and now you faggots claim he's a "bland background character". Just fuck off back to Sup Forums this is a bait thread anyway.

Rip Gohan

The kid that was pathetic and worthless at young age.

Then he grew older only to murder his father after failing to stop Cell properly.

After becoming an Adult he FAILS to stop Buu and dies again making the situation far worse than before.

Great Character. Lots of potential utterly wasted since he is a complete failure as a fighter.

Its good that he now sticks to his real skill.

Yes, but this is Dragonball. If this was like a sitcom or a slice-of-life then yeah he has a family. Having a family isn't really character, it's Toriyama once again being a shitty writer. Gohan was being built up as the next Goku and Goten was shown training a lot. But Goku had to stay the MC so everyone else are just jobbers. It's not about fun adventures, it's just powerlevels and meaningless fights with no emotional impact whatsoever.

Dragonball always had the worst writing even by shonen standards. For fucks sake SSG and Golden Frieza are fanfiction levels of cringe. Toriyama even forgets his own characters sometimes and just introduces new ones that weren't foreshadowed early on. He's like an elementary school student writing a fanfic about fighting.

>"Oh wow, Frieza! One of the most powerful tyrants in the universe! Humans don't stand a chance!"
>"But wait! Someone on earth created a being more powerful than Frieza!"
>"Wait! There's this ancient creature that was more powerful all along!"
>"There was actually a god of destruction all this time! He wasn't foreshadowed or anything, but he's there!"

No one likes Dragonball for writing. But Gohan doesn't even have much character at this point. He's not interesting or entertaining in any way. "B-but he has a family!" So do a lot of background characters.

I love the time change in Xenoverse when Buu decided "you know what fuck fighting Gohan, i'm just going to blow up the Earth"
youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyb5oI529k&ab_channel=RandomBlackGamer

It's not even that he's a failure at fighting. He just fails to be...anything. Why should I even care about this character? What does he do that's compelling or fun? He's just there, he just exists. There's no point to this character.

>It was stated many, numerous fucking times, even by Gohan himself, that he didn't like fighting.
He didn't liked but he still did fight. He always tried hard to help his friends, he trained even when he was literally worthless next to Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Trunks even though he didn't like it.
But now, for whatever reason (writer's convenience desu) he suddenly stops training even threats keep appearing one after the other and it's supposedely fine now.
Look, nobody is asking for him to be strongest or the protagonist again. But is it really too damn much to ask for one of the main characters to be somewhat relevant? Even Piccolo's process of fading into background was sort of gradual and he still had his moments; Gohan went literally from number one to zero.

Gohan was a major character in Dragon Ball Z which combined with he fact that he was Goku's son came off as him seeming to be the next main character. I'm sorry you're upset that didn't come true but have you ever tried really thinking about how Gohan is as a character? He's a shit fighter despite his innate power, peaceful, somewhat more bland than goku, and hates fighting. He would make a bad main character and that path wouldn't fit his stated past goals.

>"He wasn't foreshadowed or anything, but he's there!"

Heard this from a lot of people lately, bitching about new plot and why it just simply emerged. You can't foreshadow everything nor do you have to, and no that's not bad writing because not everything has to be foreshadowed anyway. Foreshadowing only serves to alert the reader/viewer of important details and future events. It also strengthens the buildup and climax of a story and in an ongoing series like this, you can't foreshadow something you haven't even created yet.

He was 5 years old then. Now that he has his own brain, personality, and goals, he chose a different life. Also he doesn't even need to train anymore considering he knows Goku and Vegeta.

How dare he be happier than I am.

>All the characters were created for my own and only amusement and if the character deviates from my headcanon the character is shit

>Gohan fans continue to be outraged at how he does things unrelated to fighting in a fighting anime

This is a battle shonen, not a slice of life anime. It'd be as if in K-ON one of the most beloved characters just dropped out of the light music club. It's a fucking light music anime.

>be one of a handful of of people out of countless trillions who can actually fight against world-ending terrors from deep space
>the son of one of the most powerful beings to ever exist, but who has been killed several times to illustrate the gravity of their situation
>lol nah I'll be a teacher instead

Whether he likes fighting or not, he doesn't really have a choice and he used to understand that
Vegeta rightfully mocked him before the whole Buu saga for that

Learn how to filter, faggot.

>forgetting this
>not realizing its just Gohan being Gohan this episode wanting to show off his family to his friend from the future
>Gohan didn't even ask why FTrunks came by anyway

If Goku ends up killing Black I'm fucking dropping this show.

>Gohan didn't even ask why FTrunks came by anyway
This was probably the worst of all. Trunks was looking like a goddamn beaten down hobo.

when Gohan finds out he will feel like a shit head and go apologize

I'd be surprised if he even shows up again during this entire arc. Same with Goten.

Then you might as well drop it now

Goten and Gohan will have a super arc just you wait ;_;

Goten is just fusion fodder for a fodder character.
Give it up. Videl and Gohan have lost all agency as characters.

I'll never give up

There's always fanfiction user.

It's not like getting trained by Piccolo will make much of a difference anyway. He'll be lucky if he gets to SS2 again and that just won't cut it. It's better if he just sticks to being a scholar. Better to be a successful scholar and a jobber than a full-time jobber.

The whole point of a dream job is finding something enjoyable for a living.m he doesn't have to work. Whatever he does can just be a hobby

I'm pretty sure Toriayama planned something pretty good, but he forgot at the end of the day. Ayy lmao

no I can just watch Broly Second coming cause so far thats the closest i've gotten so far

elder kai was able to read manga while pointing at gohan to become stronger. All piccolo needs to do is get gohan in tip top shape.

His brother won't make the same mistake, For he shall rise up and become a warrior worthy of his resemblance to Bardock and Goku unlike his pathetic trash-tier "Scholar" brother.

Goten will play hide and seek with the pathetic Earthlings when he is grounded for not studying and forbidden from going to the Multiverse Tournament.

But all of the fanfics suck.

He fought because of editors' meddling. Gohan in Super is consistent with his characterization.

Besides, Toei made Gohan a lot braver in 90's because Koyama wanted another messianic self-insert just like his incarnation of Goku.

90's DBZ anime fucked up Toriyama's characterizations a lot just to appeal to 11 years old kids.

>Muh selfless Goku who cared about the others
>Muh overexaggerated education mama
>Muh brave Gohan

those 3 things never existed in the manga.

They are pretty good man.

Legend of the Ultimate by AlphaDelta1001 reviews
There is a point in time where a hero discovers his true potential. One hero in particular, has already discovered it. Watch as Gohan grows and discovers his ture power! COMPLETE

A classic masterpiece.

Gimme one good fanfic where Goten and Trunks are both given their own identity (separate from one another) are the main characters don't rely on the other characters for everything and also fulfil their potential and i will retract my statement.

End of Z is still canon, in spite of what Uubhaters say

Goten and Trunks are too busy fucking Mary Sues or each other on the fics for having any semblance of character development

Exactly, It's either Raditz fics, Goku fics or Vegeta fics, sometimes there are quality Gohan fics but it is overall difficult to find a decent one that isn't just Ultimate Gohan throughout the whole damn fanfic.

What are the quality ones?

Gohan's whole deal since the beginning is that he has a way bigger potential than anyone else in the cast. It started to die in the Buu arc but now it's definitely gone in Super.

Can't let anyone steal the spotlight from Goku and Vegeta.

Intangible by chainsmokingnun

But here is Trunks. With the sweet smell of cinnamon rum on his lips, the ever present rise and fall of his chest, the bluest eyes he’d ever seen. They’d been friends ever since they came out of the womb. But now he felt intangible. If Goten reached out to touch him, he’d become a cloud of dust.

Yet another one for the ages.

There are a few that i have personally liked although they may not be your taste.

Wish for the past

A misspoken wish lands Goten in the past, traveling alongside Bardock, the grandfather he never knew. Concerned for his friend's safety, Trunks soon joins him, and together they travel from Vegeta-sei to Earth, trying to find a way back home. -Complete-

Order and Might

AU: Goku has the same accident that erased his memories and blood-thirsty Saiyan nature...on Planet Vegeta. In a galaxy ruled by power and violence, one boy and his group of outcasts is about to change the world. Featuring humans, Saiyans, and eventually, Namekians.

Never Ever Land

Guess the inspiration! A young Bulma embarks on an unexpected adventure with Goku, Krillin and a certain orphaned Prince, but the galaxy holds different sorts of adventures than Bulma has been used to so far. Not really as kid-friendly as a Disney film, hence the M rating for language, themes and hopefully some blood, guts and sex, but just like life, it starts out innocently.

I'll give em a try. What about Gohan?

Thanks.

Unfortunately it has been a long time since i read a Gohan fic, been more of into Goku-related stuff recently since i tired of the Vegeta central fics.

In return have another fic that i have personally enjoyed a bit with Goku as the central character.

In Pursuit of Vengeance

Raditz takes a different approach when he meets Goku, resulting in a successful retrieval of his brother. Goku is introduced to the planetary trade, but the Planet Trade may be in for more than they bargained for with the third class Saiyan's presence stirring up trouble no one saw coming.

It may sound like a typical "Raditz is merciful fic" but the first chapter quickly throws any notion of that away and while Goku is darker then in canon he still retains the same base personality in canon, one of my favorite plot points is when Goku is trained by Frieza

>Trunks leaves at the end of the episode
>Say Gohan, why did Trunks come back in time again?
>Oh, I forgot to ask!
For any person with a functioning brain, that would've been the first thing they'd ask. Instead, Gohan buys him ice cream. That was some fucking shitty writing.

Well, he just never liked figthing as much as his father did, and even if he liked it for a while, after surviving all the shit that happened to him since the begining of DB Z it is no surprise he came to dislike it more and more.

Well to be fair, Goku is the main character. Vegeta can fuck off though.

What did Chi-Chi mean by this?

No it isn't. He hasn't seen Trunks in god knows how many years and was a valued friend during those dark times facing cell. Catching up with an old friend gets you excited that you forget things.

Besides retard, if he asked Trunks would have said he wanted to check up on his old master.

This wouldn't be a point of such butthurt if they had just let Goku kill Cell. Having Gohan kill him implied a passing of the torch, which was immediately taken back with Buu. It felt really uncomfortable.

Gohan killing Cell is the source of all Gohanfags frustration to this day.

It was a touching episode.

Don't you have anything better to do than shitpost on Sup Forums all day?

>Well, he just never liked figthing as much as his father did

Which is what actually makes him a likeable and relatable character. He doesn't fight because he wants to, but because he has to.

Goku is pretty much an unlikeable douchebag now that would pick a fight with the king of everything and destroy the multiverse through it if the guy looked strong, just to satisfy his fucking fightingboner. Vegeta got his entire character development murdered, apart from the occasional "Muh Bulma!" moment. Everyone else isn't even a background character anymore. The fucking Pilaf Gang probably has the most screentime of the side characters, apart from Bulma, the Cat and the blue faggot.

The only good thing to come of Super was short hair bulma and her sister. And we'll probably never see her again, so there really is no hope left here.

>Last thread was pretty good and discussing several things
>Gohanfags jump at a new thread to have the same discussion for the 10th time today

And some don't understand why everyone is full of their shit.

Trying to show her future daughter in law the correct way of pleasing her son.

How do you think she's dealt with the loneliness while Goku was dead? They live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, it's not like anyone would find out.

Background character Gohan is preferable to something like Buu Gohan.

So, since Future Trunks got to reunite with Gohan, when will we get Trunks and 18: the most awkward silence in history?

How did Mai turn young in Future Trunks timeline when the Dragon Balls were gone?

I was the last Gohanfag on Sup Forums. But it's over bros. Our Gohan will never get fit again and be capable of protecting his loved ones.

The entire new generation got cucked hard. At least Gohan had his 15 mins of fame but Goten and Trunks were castrated on their childhood.

Most people assume that the Pilaf gang made their wish before the Cell saga. Seems reasonable.

so depressed man gohan will never be relevant again :(

Is the fucking shitposter in the last thread we were talking about Marron, but it's summer time.

Just hold out, if he doesn't enter the Multiverse tournament then he's gone forever.

Gohanfags don't know when it's time to give up.

>I was the last Gohanfag on Sup Forums
no you aren't, I'll never abandon my boy Gohan

>Goddamnit Krillin, I thought it was just a dumb crush, I can't believe you went through with it

>50+ of gohanfags crying like bitches

gas the thread, start over again

I thought for sure Buu would show up at some point in this last episode and Trunks would freak out.

Well, if he were an actual human being, I'd be happy for him. But he's a character in a martial arts anime. Not only that, he's potentially one of the most powerful ones. He could be on par with Vegeta and Goku. Of course we want him to fight; in this show you're irrelevant if you don't.

He doesn't know what Buu looks like though.
He would just be confused at what that fat bubblegum man is.

Hell, let him visit 17's park while he's at it

Did they ever follow up on that training he said he was going to do after the RoF arc?

But I think Gohan is done, his character arc has been completed. He was never a fighting junkie like his father, and only fought when he needed to. Take all your hopes and dream from Gohan, and put them into Pan now.

First post, best post.

>50+
>only 40 posters
>thread is a super discussion

>Take all your hopes and dream from Gohan, and put them into Pan now.

That's a weird way of spelling Future Trunks.

Every time

>thinking pan will be relevant in super
you Retards are worse then the gohanfags

She's a baby, no shit she's not going to be relevant in Super you retard.

>implying she'll be a baby forever

then again, that is what happened to Marron isn't it...

He looked a bit buffer now than in the ROF arc, but other than that not really. He wanted to enter the Universe 6 tournament to show off his powers but had a conference.

Krillin genes is the excuse. Just hold out a little longer, user.

>F

Probably a Re:zerofag.

>Of course we want him to fight; in this show you're irrelevant if you don't.
>Bulma
>Irrelevant
>The character that likely saved earth and the entire universe more often than anyone else with her inventions (e.g. time machines, spaceships, training chambers, dragon radar)

Can one inherit Android powers?

I seriously doubt it. Gohan isn't dead yet trust me.

That's the best part about Toriyama just stomping Gohanfags faces into the ground with a boot over and over again -- no one deserves it more.

and yet panfags think she'll be something important.

What's that? You want Gohan to become part of the main cast again? That's a perfect way to add more drama! Trunks just got to see him happy, too.

Time to fix that.

He needs someone to make him rage again.

I was going to say this was the stupidest question.

Then I remembered this is a DB thread.

So, what's your greatest fear for this saga?

Mine is that Future Trunks won't be a viable candidate to take down Black and it'll be up to Goku or Vegeta. After all he's been through, Trunks deserves this victory.

DELETE THIS

You don't actually think we're going to be staying in the gap between DBZ and End of Z do you?

Please, the only ones "crying" are the faggots who don't anything better to do than shitpost on Sup Forums. Toriyama is just doing what he knows to do; being lost to what to do with the non Goku characters.

>She is the second artificial human, between her and her twin brother, designed by Dr. Gero to be created by fitting a human being with both bio-mechanical and cybernetic enhancements. The bio-mechanical enhancements are organic substances patterned after human cells, which makes it possible for Cell to merge with the androids at a cellular level.[4] Gero's experiments on her do not impede her ability to reproduce, as evidenced by her giving birth to a healthy daughter, Marron. Since they are human-based, she and her brother can become stronger if they train. Though they do not need to eat, they do need to hydrate. Also, their cells deteriorate slowly, so they age slowly too.

So, possibly?