Isn't this Re:Zero but better and done in only 300 pages?

Isn't this Re:Zero but better and done in only 300 pages?

that doesn't look like hakomari

Yes, but we'll never see it animated for people to fling shit about how it's better. So it doesn't matter.

Othinus > Satella so yes.

Kek. Give me Re:Zero over this horse shit any day of the week.

My sides

>Touma forgives Othinus after every single thing she put him through
The man's not human at all, or it's fucking ridiculous.

Isn't this the story of some bitch who tortures a guy that dies over a million times or something and then eventually forgives her and defeats her?

Sounds like some autistic shit to me.

user, the scale of torture in NT 9 is far far worse but you have to realise; Touma and Subaru are 2 different people. Touma is a hero, Subaru is a neet.

>forgives the bitch

You see why I like Subaru, he actually gets pissed off at fucks like Othinus. Touma even forgiving her is very very unrealsitic and far fetched. I mean how the fuck can you be tortured for a gazillion times and then forgive her?

He forgives her every time.

Apparently this is better than Re:Zero.

Subaru is a lot more fun to watch, certainly. A better character as well.

If beetlejuice was a cute girl he'd forgive her.

What if Subaru becomes the MC of Index?

How much he will suffer?

Are you sure about that?

No he wouldn't.

Rem was only and exception because they actually had good intentions and essentially was a misunderstanding.

That faggot is doing it for straight fun. He would want her dead like that slut in episode 3.

Haven't read this but what suffering does she do to Touma?

He's been completely insane since the beginning.

Countless worlds of torment meant to break him, such as him becoming a world enemy in which his closest friends, allies and family are trying to kill him, and another one in which he had his existence replaced by someone else thus doubting his own and such. Omega world, the last world manages to break through him

Subaru doesn't know the Witch cult's motivations.

What does the last world do to particularly break him?

Though how does he recover from that to beat her.

Does he die in any of these and get revived?

Also do you mind going into details on all the worlds he has been?

Has he? I really didn't notice any such before I dropped it. Or do you just mean in the Othinus torture bit?

Because she was her only company for all that time and he got to know her better than anyone else. A simple example of stockholm syndrome basically.

Besides, if we are talking about unreasonable things, Subaro and his obsession with Emilia is as much if not even more stupid.

He's insane, so trying to affect him directly didn't work. World Omega broke him by making everybody in the world happy, he just had to kill himself to make it stay. He was broken out of it by a being that existed between life and death due to it being the collective will of 20000 mentally connected clones, over half of which had been killed before. Of course, after that he died another 10000 something times in a direct battle.

>Subaro and his obsession with Emilia is as much if not even more stupid.

>A literal neet gets smitten with a girl before shes brutally murdered. The last thing he does is hold her hand - and he feels her clutching back in her last moment of dying.
He got 100% mindfucked from the start user.

Doesn't help that her do-good attitude got to him as well. Shes too 'pure' in his eyes to ever die. It'd be pure injustice.

Nigga are you stupid.

He killed Rem purely for his own enjoyment as you watched him.

He twisted her around like some toy.

Doesn't matter what he says they're blatantly scum and killed innocent people in houses too.

everyone was happy and saved they didnt need a hero in omega

Subaru literally did the same thing with Rem

>Subaru literally did the same thing with Rem
Rem didn't torture him countless times.

She actually made his death rather painless. Even offered it.

No user that's still fucking bad writing.

He was made to watch his own friends kill him and even other gruesome some shit repeatedly.

Infact forgiving logically since he went through millions of events like this his mind should be shattered and be rendered as a damn vegetable. How the fuck can one be sane at that point?

The omega world is nicknamed the world for all but one. In this world everything is happy, the ideal outcome Touma works tirelessly for. At this point he decides to kill himself because he no longer has a place in the world, and that all his hard work was meaningless.
An entity known as the Will of the Misaka network managed to console him and saved him from killing himself. At this point Touma let's it all out, and I swear when I was reading the novel at this point I almost cried. It's really heartbreaking to see a hero such as Touma be forcefully deconstructed and broken. Though the Omega world still has it's effect (ptsd from magic god abilities) he is largely unaffected...or maybe not. Touma is different...Kamachi is letting out more than meets the eye.
His torturer is a literal god who can remake the universe in any way she would like..

See

>Subaro and his obsession with Emilia is as much if not even more stupid.
>First person he connects with after being a hikkineet
>Cute innocent girl who treats him well and kindly
>Subaru has an obsession about being a hero
>Obsession possibly even driven by Satella
It's not stupid at all.

Infact forget*

Touma is basically Subaru except he has to live and die through completely different worlds molded at the girl's will rather than having checkpoints in one world.

The worst kind of world for him. A world where he isn't needed, where he doesn't exist and everything is a hundred times better, a world where Othinus saved everyone. For it to stay she, the god that ruled over the world, told him that all that was needed was for Touma to kill himself.

One person talks to him, hears him out in his desperation and helps him stand back when he is about to loss it. She tells that it is okay to clench his fist for himself as he has always done for others. He basically embrace egoism for once and decides to fight against Othinus even if that world can will be destroyed in the process.

His mindset to unconditionally place himself in danger in place of somebody else was stated multiple times to not be a healthy mindset. Birdway explicitly calls him insane when he asks why she tried to make somebody else into bait rather than using him.

You're aware he's been touched in the head since day 1, right user?

>has a gazillion bad nightmare tier events occurred to him
>a dumb cheer up managed to recover his mind from this

Hahahaha defend this raildexfags

He doesn't even beat her. She hands the victory to him after successfully accomplishing her goal.

>His mindset to unconditionally place himself in danger in place of somebody else was stated multiple times to not be a healthy mindset.
Hardly insanity. Depression, a very low sense of self-esteem, self-validation through others and a wish to be loved would do that to you.

No, I'm not aware of it actually. I can't remember noticing it at all, but maybe I wasn't just paying enough attention due to shitty clichés and characters.

Touma's all kinds of fucked up since volume 1. The best part about it is that he honestly completely believes he's a normal highschool student that you can find anywhere.

They can't. The idea that a sucidal person who had a mental breakdown like that via the Misakas is fucking stupid.

Give me Subaru over Touma.

Fucked up how? You mean that mentally he is insane that everything that he experiences is made up or something

>How the fuck can one be sane at that point?
See, that's the thing, he was never really sane, people just overlooked it because he was a "hero".

Why is she in her underwear? I don't mind pointlessly sexy designs but this looks like shit.

Explain. How is he fucked up?

>since he went through millions of events like this his mind should be shattered and be rendered as a damn vegetable
That's an statement no one can make. it is fantasy, no one has actually died hundred of times to tell us how it feels. It is worthless to argue how realistic an scenario like that should be since it is no more than fictionally psychology.

Othinus knows Touma better than any other person, Touma knows Othinus better than any other person, they get to care for each other with time. Othinus gift to Touma at the end is to return his world instead of hers even if it cost her god powers because how much she cared about him. Touma who understands this decides to side her because of the same reasons.
It isn't so far fetched for Touma to take her side after everything.

I'll just say this then, every version of Touma has had some form of what I could best describe as a martyr complex, and has it really fucking bad. The best part is that he's too insane to realize that the shit he goes through, both willingly and not, puts him far, far outside the realm of an ordinary highschooler.

Actually, can someone post that image of what Touma thinks a normal magician is? I think that might help explain a bit.

>Rem was only and exception because they actually had good intentions

And? Othinus had as well good intention(well, kind of).

She just wanted to return to her home and Touma understood that. What is more that she returned his world even if she was not obliget to do that.

A martyr complex hardly makes you insane though.

If you are thinking of reading or watching anything Raildex after seeing this thread, for the love of God don't.

Raildex is the worst kind of pseudo-scientific autistic nonsense. The main character and almost everyone else is flat and boring as fuck, and the author has actual autism and infodumps on shit he found on wikipedia. The designs are the worst, it makes vague attempts at science and Christian mythology but in the end it's all lolis in skimpy clothing. Worst of all it could actually have potential if the author wasn't such a hack.

The only reason anyone reads or watches it is for waifus, just go on gelbooru and save time.

We have actual anons.....defending Touma siding with a cunt....who tortured him to an almost suicide.

Off yourself kid.

>Reading books for waifus
wew lad

Raildex isn't good, but I enjoy the ride. It's like the literary version of a B-movie.

That one guy might be insane but he can't just assume that the entire cult is evil.

>.....
>....
Lurk two years before posting.

>.....
>....
Please tell me this is ironic. Actually, even if it is, fuck off.

Who cares though? They're following and obeying the orders of this man right here.

>being this pleb

There is little more pure than a waifu from a book. She's basically purely imaginary without any materialistic carnal desires attached (well, apart from what your brain attributes to her).

He pretty much is, he should actually be so fucked in the head he fears even seeing his own friends as it would trigger his PTSD. Infact since he experienced so much shit he should want to avoid everyone.
People who go to wars get fucked in the head only from that. Touma had had it much much worse and he yet he casually goes about his normal day and nothing but seeing a magic god triggers him and even now that's phased out.

That's my fucking user.

We still have....anons....defending her actions and Touma siding with her.

>She just wanted to return to her home
>while killing everyone off

Fuck off rem just wanted to protect her household and Ram from suspicious Subaru.

Don't even compare Othinus who destroyed an entire world for her motivations and then gave birth to WR.

Why does Subaru like Emelia more than Rem? Is he canonically retarded?

>.....
>...
>calling others kids
>implying people didn't liked that volume when it went put
Kill yourself retard.

The magic god sekrit club gave birth to WR from not trusting Touma to be able to deal with Othinus. Othinus herself wasn't directly involved in the making of WR at all.

A guy who went to war and got fucked in the head is no more realistic than a guy who went to war and is eager to return or some other who simply sleeps calmly with his family after the war. There are different kind of people user, there is no define trait shared among us when it comes to things like this.

To add onto user's point, I feel the need to mention the utterly insane frequency of shit that happens to Touma. I don't have the calendar on me, but the whole series takes place within something like 6 real-life months, and he never has more than a day or two of rest, if that.

Rem kills him. Emilia never kills him.

.....another retard....who thinks....Touma should side with the crazy cunt.

Shouldn't you be posting Haruue?

Emilia is a bitch though.

>You’re completely insane. I had glimpsed some odd things in you before, but this settles it. …Why do you just assume that you will fight? Why do you see nothing wrong with having things taken from you? You aren’t some war-crazed person who has lost his place in a normal peaceful life. Nor are you some sheltered person who has never seen true battle yet wishes to join the world he sees on TV. I can’t figure out what it is that drives you!”
Birdway seems to disagree.

Othinus destroyed, made and remade countless worlds, and yet in the end she decided to restore the original world.

Touma is insane. Subaru is just stupid.

It was an entire world for an entire world. She wanted her original world back.
Rem would also want her household back if it wasn't there anymore and she could take it back.

>6 months
4 and half.

This hasn't been updated in a while, but from memory:
NT14 also takes place in December 3
NT15 takes place in December 4 and 5, epilogue is at December 6
From the synopsis, NT16 will take place starting at December 9

And who made her?

You don't fucking get it.

Her own motivations were to destroy the current world and find her own.

That's why she's a evil bitch.

If she never was convinced by Touma she would have stuck with her goal and in the end have all those people killed.

And even so in the real world she ordered people to fuck up hawaii and all for what?

A mere decoy. All those people were killed just as a distraction and they weren't brought back

This bitch should have been killed or locked up.

Thing is, Touma agreed that she should have gone through the proper legal procedures and been judged accordingly, he just didn't want her killed.

>This bitch should have been killed or locked up.
Even in the series, you're not the only person who believes that should've been the case. Othinius herself thinks she's a war criminal.

Touma's just enough of a rule/moralfag to put her through the proper court process.

But you seriously are underestimating the sheer amount of hell like experiences Touma been through though. This guy has probably saw the worst of everything you could imagine.

I mean wasn't there a description where he was paralysed and just waited until he died for ages or he was floating around in a capsule in space until he died.

How can he really go through all this and then still be pretty mentally stable?

Yeah, and Touma also destroyed a world out of selfishness when Othinus made a perfect world were everyone he knew and cared about was happy.
He understood Othinus and cared about her, Touma wouldn't let her be murdered just like that.

>kek
>spongebob

Hopefully it's because Othinus is keeping him sane and if/when she dies he'll totally lose it. NT9's complete lack of consequences so far is pretty fucking awful, though.

Wait, who exactly did she kill?

He thinks of the panty hell instead

How many guys do you know that have been through all those situations?
What's more, how many guys do you know that have been through all those situations and had thousands of years to think for themselves and stabilize?

Why do you seem to think there is only one possible outcome?

And the last world was made precisely because the others didn't completely break him.

Touma repeatedly. And erasing the universe pretty much counts as killing everyone in it. I forget if anyone died in Hawaii though, Kamachi might've pulled one of his "Wow, it sure is a miracle that no-one at all died in this massive battle" moments.

>complete lack of consequences
Isn't pretty much everything in the next novels things that happen as direct or indirect consequences of NT9?

>He saw countless worlds and experienced countless forms of despair.

>Some clearly cornered Kamijou Touma and attempted to crush him. Strange false accusations were forced onto him and a noose was put around his neck. He was stranded on a mountain with some acquaintances and he was forced to distribute his flesh to the others so they could survive until rescue arrived. He was lying unable to move on a hospital bed and was simply stuck like that all the way to his funeral. He was buried in humus and began to decompose while still alive, starting with the ends of the arms and legs. Earth was rendered unlivable and he was thrown into outer space to wander aimlessly in a capsule-like spaceship. As a puny human, he was destroyed by a giant robot or an asteroid.

>The heart had no actual form, but Kamijou clearly felt his breaking. It was not being destroyed as if struck by a hammer or sliced in two by a sword. It was a quiet destruction as if termites had eaten into it and it was too late by the time the symptoms began to show.

>Amid it all, he somehow managed to gather his thoughts bit by bit.

>But he did not suddenly come up with a means of reversing or resolving the situation.

>He was instead using his bloody hands to build a path there, piece by piece.

>“You…”

>He spoke quietly in his hazy mind.

>“You aren’t actually destroying anything.”

Touma is shit and should just die.

>Index is better than Re:Zero.
Kamachi doesn't know jack shit about writing a story. He world builds up some crap and almost never touches on it later, doesn't know how to create build-up, has no themes whatsoever and pulls shounencrap out of his ass on Touma anytime. That whole volume was bullshit and just had Touma suffering for no reason whatsoever. This was a bad excuse of a bait and has Kamachi only writing what he likes without giving any regards to a story.

Not NT11

first post best post

Touma doesn't count since it's Touma. And if erasing universe doesn't counts as killing everyone when you're a genuine god. It's like saying scientist are mass murderers when they perform experiments on microbes. And the incident on Hawaii was going to happen, with or without her. She was just taking advantage of it as a decoy.

I meant from a character perspective. Saint Germain wasn't really related and Kamisato got his powers after WW3, didn't he? Everything that happened would've happened anyway, except NT14.