Criminal breaks into your house at night, wakes you up

>criminal breaks into your house at night, wakes you up
>you shoot him dead
>you go to prison for manslaughter

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/islamic-national-curriculum-push-to-apply-faith-for-australia/8696330
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_(Australia)
lifehacker.com.au/2015/09/is-it-legal-to-kill-home-invaders/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3997002/Melbourne-man-fights-teenage-home-intruders-pocket-knife.htm
thedenverchannel.com/news/drunk-intruder-shot-by-man-faces-felony-trespassing-charge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He had a rough childhood, it wasn't his fault

>Your charge of murder gets "downgraded" to manslaughter

Same question

You live in a cucked country.

>stack the jury with autists
>we the jury find the defendant not guilty.

defending yourself is Haram, kufr

abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/islamic-national-curriculum-push-to-apply-faith-for-australia/8696330

Because it's 2017 and using lethal force defending your home from invaders makes you a racist.

Go throw some tea in the harbor.

>Man attempts to rob you
>Hit him too hard or with a weapon
>Go to jail

Australia.

Because a life is worth more then a few hundred bucks worth of your property and the criminal should receive proper criminal justice rather then vigilante mob violence which is exactly what your doing.

what if he's not after property?

Unless you live in some shithole suburb or have fucked with the wrong people this situation will never happen, you'll never live out your fantasy of shooting people in self defence, and this is why you can't have guns.

We don't call 911 here. If I catch a thieve on my property, I'm shooting that mofo.

>People never break into homes and turn violent when caught.

Lol bruh.

>projecting this hard

Do you have lay-juries in Straya? I had to go on trial in France for something stupid a few years back, and my case was handled by three judges. I actually preferred it, because the whole system was way more open. You could ask questions or make your own statements a lot more easily and directly than in an Anglo system. I did pretty well in there because I was articulate and didn't seem like a scumbag.

It's amazing to me that this is a thing in the rest of the western world. That practically only in the US can you defend your living space without much worry, and really not in all parts of the US either. Some states are worse than others.

It's as if the cattle owner doesn't want his cattle to injure each other, even in self-defense.

But then you lot get the "free" healthcare and all have the "right" to all those social services.

I think by taking to many gifts as "rights" the social contract by nature gives you less personal sovereignty and more cattle-status.

>OH VEY GOYIM JUST BECAUSE I LIVE IN A RICH SUBURB THAT'S GOT NO CRIME MEANS ITS THE SAME EVERYWHERE

Dumb cunt.

too*

No Tacofag

>calling the blues after killing a man
S t r e w t h

If you can't shoot them can you stab them?

Because I myself and my country failed that poor soul

>not just burying the body somewhere

just kidding, we are not allowed to own guns so I would probably just apologize for my whiteness while he rapes my daughter

>black man breaks into your house
>rapes your arsehole
>prostate orgasm
>awesome

You're never going to get comped bro

Lawyer here, you're wrong OP.

People who go to jail for "self-defence" invariably hear a noise, grab their gun, go looking for the criminal, then shoot him in the back as he runs away.

That's not self defence under the law, it's murder.

It's lawful to use any means up to and including lethal ones if reasonably necessary to make effectual defence of your life. It is not lawful to kill people over a VCR.

Self defence isn't murder Melbourne

It's called non-lethal force and justified when you feel threatened for your life
Or just do a citizen arrest

How exactly are you supposed to know in the dark if he is actually running away or just dashing a few meters to pull his gun and shoot you?

If someone is in your house in the middle of the night it should be instant death regardless of whether they intend to steal a ipad or rape your daugjter.

And this is why non Americans are a fucking joke

>durr he just wanted ur VCR u didn't half to kill him
>durr he was just trying to punch you you didn't have to shoot him in the chest

Seriously you're all a fucking disease, end yourself you cuckold piece of trash

How do you defend yourself in the middle of the night, in Australia, when the guy breaking in has a firearm?

That would be a matter for the courts.

Your opinion is not the law.

OP asked why people go to prison for self defence. The answer is that Australian law only justifies lethal force in the defence of your life (or the life of others), not in the defence of your property.

>other countries do things differently to us
>FUCKING TRASH YOU'RE A FUCKING DISEASE
YANKEE GO HOME

According to our local "lawyer", you don't.

>not sharing your wealth with the less fortunate

Greedy assholes baka

>That would be a matter for the courts.
And it you guessed it wrong there will be no court, only your funeral.

repeat after me.
"I feared for my life."

Just keep saying it and don't be a retard.

>Criminal breaks into your home
>Kills you and then rapes your wife

Shoot him dead? What for? Just glass the cunt.

This has never happened.

What if i rob a house with intent to rape? And if you try to stop me ill kill you, but before i can kill you you shoot me, making you go to jail for defending your life? Its not just about the belongings

That's not enough in Australia. Your fear must be reasonable according to the objective test. Merely being in fear of your life, no matter how genuine, is not sufficient.

So cry about it.

>The question to be asked in the end is quite simple. It is whether the accused believed upon reasonable grounds that it was necessary in self-defence to do what he did. If he had that belief and there were reasonable grounds for it, or if the jury is left in reasonable doubt about the matter, then he is entitled to an acquittal.

Underrated.

i disagree a criminals life is not worth a few hundred dollars

How can you fuck it up? You already got rid of the witness user. I mean, when the officer arrives he'll do the hard part, like planting the weapon on the corpse.

>when the officer arrives he'll do the hard part, like planting the weapon on the corpse.
If we're talking about Queensland police they're probably the cunts you had to shoot in self defence in the first place.

OP is retarded,
rightfully killing a criminal threatening your safety or invading your property
is completely fine and OK in Australia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_(Australia)
lifehacker.com.au/2015/09/is-it-legal-to-kill-home-invaders/

"Ah hello good chap, would you perchance be after my life or my belongings? I must ask so that I can choose the appropriate amount of force to apply under our laws!"
Fuck me cunt, you're dead retarded if you can't see the stupidity of this system, ascertaining the true motives of a criminal who has already demonstrated he wants to do you harm is nigh impossible and having a jury decide if it was "reasonable belief" is just vague and subjective.

You don't

Fuck I love being free, nothing like being unable to own ANYTHING as a weapon for self defence.
I love being expected to just lie down and take abuse from the criminal element of society and the government alike.

>4 armed black men break into your house

>They break into your bedroom where youre sleeping with your 10/10 wife

Uhh ur under citizens arrest!! Stop right there!!!

>gets killed in his own home with no right to defend himself

>thinks he deserves respect

Ahhahahaahahahahahhaha you all should be put out of your misery

It used to be like that here until a few years ago when we got Castle Doctrine back, you just have to say you feared for your life and wasn't thinking straight.

I think using a gun would make it much harder to argue the case but if you grabbed some kind of random object and smashed their head in you would be fine.

Although we have had cases of shooters getting away with it too.

If you intentionally commit a crime I say you forfeit all rights in the process of doing it and if you die that's your own fault.

Yeah they'll just take your guns from you

>Fuck me cunt, you're dead retarded if you can't see the stupidity of this system
Have you considered that if the system is so retarded that even someone like you can see the obvious flaws in it, it may not be the actual system in place? That you may be misunderstanding or misrepresenting the system due to ignorance and a need to virtue signal?

YANKEE GO HOME

Sounds like whoevers coming to take your guns is also committing a crime, in which case you again have to kill that person.

Missing the point; a criminal in Australia could still be armed with a firearm, while the homeowner can not. How does a good, law abiding mate, defend himself against a bloke who sees the Law as a suggestion..? If I'm a criminal in Australia, I know going into that house, I'm not going to encounter a firearm, so if I show up with one, I own the house; I can have total control over it. Think like a criminal.

Sounds like its a good idea to be a criminal in australia

Looks like australian government is saying crime pays.

god i fucking hate these threads.

In NSW, you CAN take someone's life if they threaten yours. Furthermore, its highly likely that you will get off. Under the Crimes Act you can defend yourself in the situation in which you "perceive it", thus usually a half decent barrister will get you off. I don't know why Amerifats keep on posting this shit, probably because their mom got fucking clapped by a pensioner at some shitty festival in the anus of America.

Simple. Just ban guns in your home. Then they can't have one.

>Think like a criminal.
Okay.

>burglarising a house
Probably won't even go to jail when caught.

>robbing a house while armed with an illegal firearm
14 years, almost automatically.

Criminals don't carry guns because why the fuck would you bother? Most of them are just meth heads anyway.

Because it isn't self defense until he attacks you. Also self defense doesn't apply to property in a lot of countries.

Also something about excessive force.

>inb4 leaf

you asked for an explanation.

>Think about it
>Committing crimes is illegal
>So that means they'll get a job instead
user plz...

god I wish I were american sometimes

hi leaf,

1. in Australia you can act in defence of property

2. if someone is in your house with a knife and you have a gat it is perfectly reasonable for someone to feel their life is threatened and thus kill them

Stop posting cuckold you're a joke no one gives a fuck what you think about anything, you should be murdered for your own good before you have kids

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3997002/Melbourne-man-fights-teenage-home-intruders-pocket-knife.htm

I believe I read somewhere he wasn't charged

But, is it OPs fault?

Enlighten me then fuckboy
What am I missing?
As I understand it the Australian government does not believe that I should be able to protect my property (one of which is my life) to the best and most efficient of my abilities.

i have a katana from paddys markets

The best argument for this is the fact that the US states with the highest amount of firearm ownership and the best laws regarding self defense have the lowest amounts of home invasions.

There are studies and surveys performed in jails where the criminals admit they would stay away from houses where they knew the owners probably had guns.

Because you should have called the police so they could not bother investigating your brutal murder.

I work with criminals you fucking retard. I talk to them every fucking day. You are a bunch of upper-middle white kids who think you know how the world works because you saw two guys one hammer.

Most criminals are normal, perfectly agreeable people. I'm not saying this because I'm a bleeding heart because I'm fucking not. I'm saying it because it's the truth. They don't stake out your street while twirling their moustaches waiting for you to come home so they can break in and terrorise you. The average burglary/robbery is a crime of opportunity. Methy the Methhead is wandering down the street and sees a house that looks nice and EMPTY. Criminals don't want to fight you. They don't go out looking to murder people. They just want your shit. The ideal crime is one where they never even see you and you never even see them. If this is the case, why the fuck would they carry a pistol and risk their community service order getting upgraded to fourteen years jail?

YOU are the one not thinking like a criminal.

>b-b-b-but this is just leftie dribble, everyone knows criminals aren't humans!
You can have whatever opinion you like on that, but stop trying to bend the facts to make them fit your agenda. Carrying a handgun is a pointless risk for 99% of criminals, and that's why they don't do it.

>but in America...!
But this isn't America.

The idea of stepping foot into someone's home, uninvited, should give one pause. It should feel like you just crossed a border into a foreign country. You should have the feeling, by doing this, by stepping into someone else's world, uninvited, you are taking a great risk that might end your life. This should be the weight of the question a criminal should wrestle with before breaching your home.

Anyone who refuses the right to self defense and defense of property is complicit in the acts of robbery, home invasion and murder and should be dealt with accordingly. I fucking hate this nanny state which prizes the "human rights" of robbers, rapists and murderers over the lives and property of innocents. It's time we did something about this.

>As I understand it the Australian government does not believe that I should be able to protect my property (one of which is my life) to the best and most efficient of my abilities.
The Australian government does not believe anything because it does not have a brain. It is not a person. It is physically incapable of the chemical processes that lead to the formulation and expression of opinions.

Australian LEGISLATION allows for the use of lethal force in the defence of your life, but not in the defence of your property.

Let the world die, it deserves it.

I would unironically peel the skin off you and laugh about it.

>criminals don't want to fight you. They don't go out looking to murder people.

This is ordinarily true and I am willing to back up your observations with one major addendum: you're talking about white criminals.

Ever met a sudanese home invader? You might find that they're looking to find someone vulnerable and alone as much as they're looking to find things to fence for drug money.

Because you live in a faggot country or state.

>Drunk ass college girl gets lost walking home from party
>Goes into neighbors house
>Gets shot
>Then gets charged with being drunk and going in someone's house

That's what freedom looks like faggot

If criminals thought they were going to get shot when they entered your home they wouldn't enter your home.

>AHA, YOU JUST CONCEDED THAT I AM RIGHT
No, I just pointed out that all they're going to do is walk ten metres down the road to the next house because it doesn't have any lights on and there's no car in the driveway and rob that one instead.

Not to mention that your goal cannot be effected just by changing the laws around self-defence - it also would require a change to gun laws.

Good point, and I agree. Niggers are a special case and it should be open season on them. I'm not being sarcastic.

Because you guys are cucks

>live in SA
>have laws regarding home invasions that allow you to use whatever you want to defend your own life
>as long as you're not drunk or engaging in criminal activity
>full defense to murder

Got broken into, bashed in bed with the Mrs next to me. Nothing to defend myself

Oh the cunt got a good behaviour bond for 1 year

>The Australian government does not believe anything because it does not have a brain. It is not a person. It is physically incapable of the chemical processes that lead to the formulation and expression of opinions.
The Australian government is an organisation made up of individuals who despite, all signs contrary, do have brains.

>But not my property
My life is my property

>Muh averages
Fucking retard
By this line of logic the average PERSON isn't a violent criminal and thus we shouldn't legislate against weapons.
Because you know, the AVERAGE PERSON isn't gonna do anything with that.

>because it doesn't have any lights on and there's no car in the driveway and rob that one instead.
And then they'd get shot.

An amazing deterrent legal firearms are.

>lmao just get robbed you filthy peasant
I think you'd fit great as a decoration for the lamp post in front of my hous, do you mind coming over?

so i read fake news everytime this happened?

How the hell would I know?

>My life is my property
Not according to legislation.

You want me to give a platform for you to engage in moralist diatribe and I'm not going to. I'm here to talk about and explain the law, not to justify it. You might as well just post your fucking essay outright instead of trying to pretend it's relevant to this discussion.

>muh averages
>fucking retard
Oh yes, we should make laws based on the exceptions instead. Makes much more sense. A law that applies to 100% of people written for 1% of cases instead of 99%.

It's almost as if the whole reason we have a judiciary at all is for this express fucking purpose of interpreting the law to ensure that justice is done in each individual case.

>And then they'd get shot.
Not in 99% of cases. Do you often camouflage your car in the backyard and then sit motionless in complete darkness in your house at 4am in the morning just praying someone's going to open the front door that you have deliberately left unlocked?

Actually, I bet you do, you fucking autist.

My point stands and it does represent a major hole in your reasoning. Bog stock traditional burglar, and even heroin junkies, case houses with no-one home and avoid occupants like the plague (largely because they know that breaking into a house with an occupant present gets you five extra years).

Were these the only players, people wouldn't really need firearms to cope. But they aren't the only players. Now we have meth-addled housos that make a point of re-enacting clockwork orange and heart of darkness gigga niggas braining 70-year-old grandmums to steal $20 from their purse.

Time to reconsider firearms for self-defence. It's that or the federal govt stops importing feral blacks and we have a proper go at dealing with ice.

Let's not get caught up in the media frenzy user. We all know that buck niggers are a public health hazard but despite our country getting BLACKED violent crime is still largely on the down trend. There's no need to fix what isn't broken.

If we did become a shithole like America, with massive poverty and getting overrun by niggers, then I'd be happy to reconsider gun laws and self-defence. But I don't think we're there yet.

That said, I'd be happy to have the White Australia police back.

Citation in case you thought them digits was lying

thedenverchannel.com/news/drunk-intruder-shot-by-man-faces-felony-trespassing-charge

>I'm here to talk about and explain the law, not to justify it.
Well you're doing it in a rather antagonistic way.

I park my car on the street and only use one light in my house, yes or perhaps, I would be asleep at 4am, shit, didn't think of that one.

Well if we're legislating by averages then I should be allowed to have a fucking gun.

Regardless, I don't think we even really disagree that much, I'm just angry about this issue and how Australia handles it.

ask your local mason-kike my nigger

you have the union jack on your flag
>DER EWIGE ANGLO

>Let's not get caught up in the media frenzy user.

I'm not, I have a couple of mates in vicpol and they're very dark about the subject. A lot of under-reporting, inability to deal with the problem and the level of violence is unprecedented.

Couple of elderly people hospitalized a week at the moment, with the odd gang rape thrown in. Sans media spotlight because perpetrators are dark as coal and 99% are reffos or children of reffos.