Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/948506/06c209461b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name 3 manga that did this, faggot.

>medieval world
>late 19th century underwear at the earliest

this is going to be shingeki no kyojin's twist

nip version of the village, screencap this

It's hard to have braies, trewes, hoses and bloomers.

Why?
I fucking love fantasy + tech worlds

>medieval fantasy world
>19th century maid uniforms

This keeps happening

>Mange is set in fantasy world
>Its actually set in far future earth and they lost tech/weapons and treat them as works of the god
Fucking love this shit

Breaks immersion

Slayers
Dragon Half
Battle Bmon
Off the top of my head.
And the Manga I just posted. They go from dungeon crawling to shopping in a fucking grocery store with check out clerks and everything.

It breaks the immersion and triggers my fucking autsim.

The way her dress hangs from her bust is so fucking hot.

Name three manga in which it's done good

>tfw this is my fetish
>tfw this is something japs will never get right
The plural of hose is hosen.

>thinly veiled recommendation post

That was a non-canon chapter idiot

you obviously hate Sengoku Rance, or well most of the rance games. Which means your taste is objectively shit.

>Story set in medieval world
>Suddenly sci-fi technology and techno-magic appear
>It's better than aSoIaF

>Manga set in a medieval world
>The ability to conjure food and water, to open portal to far away places or to communicate over long distance doesn't radically transform society within a single generation

>Slayers
>Dragon Half
>Dugeon Meshi

>getting mad at comedic fantasy series for not staying serious

>manga is set in ancient China
>suddenly 21st century technology shows up out of nowhere
>suddenly aliens show up out of nowhere
>protagonist was an alien all along
Fucking loved that one manga

But that's great when done correctly.

wait what technomnmagic in asoiaf? the candles?

It was weird finding out they have computers and the internet in Naruto

exhentai.org/g/948506/06c209461b/

Is it really that weird? You do realise that Naruto was wearing a track suit like the entire time, right?

And look at their bedrooms. Sasuke has air conditioning too.

naruto

It's fine depending on the reasoning behind it.

Fuck outta here

Speculative fiction never had rigid distinctions before autists got hold of it

Alien gods and tribal kings with magic chainsaw swords rubbing elbows isn't a bad thing

Who's this Eki Aku?

>Fantasy manga
>It's just filled with shit from the last JRPG the author played
>Gets 50 volumes, two anime adaptations and a feature length OVA

It already happened with a can that was made and labelled in a way that wouldn't have been a thing until the last few decades irl

It's fine if it's consistent within what's been established previously

AWAKE JUDGEMENT GUN MORPHING works in Luluco because it's shown you that that kind of random shit can happen in that world

Now, if it happened in the middle of Nisekoi or some shit, that'd be retarded

I dunno. Gate's pretty awesome tho. Who wouldn't want to see dragons blasted from the sky with SPAAGs and Phantoms?

Post hot topic-chan

That works because the worlds are colliding. Most of the time they just add all these convenient modern things because they just can't be arsed to look how it was really done.

One of my biggest annoyances is how any fucking society just follows modern Japanese morals with little to no differences. Also women running around in thigh highs and somehow being as strong and useful as men.

>Autist
No wonder

Pretty sure that was way more than 21st century.

I want to bang a girl cosplayed as her

I find that having an inconsistent world is one of the most obvious signs of shitty writing and generally not knowing what the fuck what you're doing.

It's actually not that bad in Rance because it's meant to be whacky as fuck. Series that take themselves very seriously and do this are laughable though

Cool vs Awesome

Kuroshitsuji. Not medieval, but still in the past. Someone post the page.

Maybe you should stop reading comedic parodies and expecting them to be serious.

>medieval manga
>no elfs

It's also not even inconsistent in Rance.

Good taste, user. Maria is made for breeding.

apparently naruto world is equivalent to like 60s in terms of tech

Though they never innovated in terms of weapons because, hey, ninjas.

>21st century
>OP is still a retarded faggot
I fucking hate this shit.

All four of the witches are

Fun fact. Maria can be used in battles in more Rance games than any other character bar Rance.*

*Shizuka technically can be used in the same number of games but only for one fight in 2 and she was added to Sengoku in a patch

>You do realise that Naruto was wearing a track suit like the entire time, right?
Man, I never really considered that. Do we have any images of Naruto squatting?

>I find that having an inconsistent world is one of the most obvious signs of shitty writing and generally not knowing what the fuck what you're doing.
This. It's just lazy. It's a sign of someone not willing to actually build a world for their fantasy, so they just slap things together willi-nilly.

>uhh, how do people communicate long distance in this world? Ah, fuck it. Mobile phones.

Is it really so unbelievable that a world with magic couldn't invent mobile phones and shit at "lower" technology levels?

>set in the future
>technology is so advanced it looks like magic
the best kind

>set in the past
>Magic is so unadvanced it looks like technology

It's not about believability, it's about atmosphere. They can have some kind of magical long distance communication if you want but don't include real technology unless you're going all the way and setting your fantasy in the modern world, like Hunter x Hunter.

Yeah, this is why even One Piece has the phone snails. One Piece is as inconsistent a world as it gets, even has giant Times Square new screens for shots of crowds watching major events, but it still has its phones being weird fucking snails because it's a weird fucking series.

Or Magi and the leap in technology it experienced over the time skip. There's skyscrapers and wireless communication and air travel, but day to day transportation is flying carpets, not cars. The communication is crystal balls or magic seashells. The air travel is airships, not planes.

In these series, it not so much about "consistently" in making some sort of truly coherent world where every detail has been meticulously plotted, but about maintaining a certain atmosphere and theme to the setting. Just having instantly recognizable modern technology really throws off the feeling of a series, regardless of how likely the universe is to have made it.

This is a magical girl with her wand.

Yeah, I like and prefer this as well. Maybe not a far future earth, but at least a Middle-ish Earth which had some sort of ancient race or ancient society that was EXTREMELY technologically(additionally magically advanced for Techno-Magic) advanced but also isolated, and was destroyed, and left barely any evidence that these technologically gifted societies remain.

Pretty much how it was in Assassin's Creed. I just like it, since it makes the world less limited and shows how much potential progress can be made in it, like it doesn't have to be stuck in a Lord of the Rings fantasy type setting, and could move on to be it's own thing, where societies are more like Blazblue's, where magic and technology intertwines.

Bastard!!

It's pretty decently done.

They occasionally do that.

Dog days has magic-based technology.
Break Blade has magic crystal based mecha
Escaflowne had shit powered by fossilized dragon hearts
In Log Horizon engineers powered their steam engines with fire elementals

With magic/sorcery or whatever, there wouldn't be any need to invent phones. They would just use the magical equivalent and use that as a means of projection like astral bodies or telepathy or whatever.

>>manga is set in medieval world

"magical" medieval world is not the same as "medieval world", tho.

You're just a fucking pleb, people like you killed fantasy.