GRAVITY DAZE The Animation Overture

Studio Khara+Amemiya Akira(Trigger)
famitsu.com/news/201607/19111154.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-19/gravity-rush-2-slated-for-december-with-anime-prequel-by-evangelion-khara/.104464
youtube.com/watch?v=BxIC6Vu1ee0
youtube.com/watch?v=oWrKHWpLn0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Director: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Script: Keiichirou Toyama, Naoko Sato
Storyboard: Akira Amemiya
Animation Character Design: Yumi Ikeda
Guest Character Design: Yutaka Izubuchi
Color Design: Shigeto Koyama
Art Director: Yuji Kaneko
Animation Production: Studio Khara

>Khara
Fuck yeah.

>Khara doing something that isn't Rebuild

whaaaaaaaaaaa

Great game, great setting, best waifu. Literally more hype worthy than FF15.

Gravity Daze is fucking amazing. Let's hope that Khara doesn't ruin this like they did Eva.

You and I both know that 4.0 will never come out.

>whole season of Kat posting
nice

>Kat animu
what could go wrong?

Looked it up on Wiki, Raven looks cute.

>Khara
how?

>All these Kats within 2016
Glad that I cancelled that helium tank last year.

Wait, this shit is an adaptation of a game? Preventively dropped.

As much as I liked the game, it really boiled down to Gravity Kicking everything. Hope they add some variety.

Oh shit

It's not an adaptation, it's an original story meant to bridge that gap between the first game and the upcoming sequel.

From the demo it's confirmed to have new gimmicks and gattai attacks with Raven. Should be great, plus the engine is greatly upgraded due to PS4 TM.

Shit game, decent setting, good soundtrack, cute girl

YES

>Studio Khara

yoooooooo

>Khara and Trigger

whoaaaa dude

>full CGI
>OVA
Not much to get hyped about here.

OP's pic doesn't look CGI to me

>full CGI
is this for real or just based on the one image in the link?

i think is going to have CGI like cars, trains and stuff

It's a promotional picture, see the staff credits , it only has a CG animation supervisor.

In that case it's alright
CG Rebuild Evas werent great, but they were passable

The director for the Gravity Daze OVA is a CG director, he directed the Animator Expo short Cassette Girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU

If the animation looks like this then we should be in for a treat.

>You and I both know that 4.0 will never come out.
Anno apologised about that. It seems Godzilla is causing the delay because it is higher priority.
Frankly I am expecting a wreck of a film anyway, so I stopped caring after 3.0. I like my films coherent.

>Yutaka Izubuchi
The fuck?

that was really good CGI

Oh boy, I was excited before, but this is a new level of hype.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-19/gravity-rush-2-slated-for-december-with-anime-prequel-by-evangelion-khara/.104464

gross ass cg

Fuck, we have details now?

Unrelated but I'd kill for a Guilty Gear anime adaptation using Xrd's 3D style.

Will it be entirely in vaguely French sounding gibberish like the games?

I hope so, that's a lot of the charm of the games.

didn't expect an overtop gravity Rush anime

wut do Sup Forums?

When is it released?
I AM HYPE

Confirmed for not getting platinum

Scrub

You can breathe and get the platinum. All I did was gravkick. Unfortunately the game was bland, but at least she's cute.

Let's hope the sequel isn't as bad.

I want to fuck the Kat.

You never heard of the animator expo?

>Guest Character Design: Yutaka Izubuchi

Really, on whom?

Shit, shallow game.

Oh wait, sorry, this is Sup Forums.

>CG OVA

>game was boring/easy/gravkick
I feel like people were missing the charm of the game, which was world exploration. It wasn't designed to be a fighter/platformer.

Heck, I spent hours just falling around the city just because playing with gravity was fun.

That's like saying that the fun in GTA is to walk the street without stepping on the cracks

No, it's like saying that the fun in GTA is to steal cars and get chased around by the police (which it is).

GTA has a shit plot too; you don't hear people who like the series say "all you need to do is shoot"/"the game was boring"/"the game was easy". You hear them say "I enjoyed the game because I could spend hours just playing around in the environment."

I didn't like them because I didn't really like that setting or character powers (never had dreams of being a gangster in pseudo-NY/LA), but I liked this game because I did.

An environment that actually had stuff to do with your abilities. Mindlessly using gravity amounts to nothing.

Those secret bosses were effing awesome.

Mindlessly running around a virtual city also amounts to nothing.

>Game is about shooting and driving and exploding and killing
>Shooting, driving, exploding and killing amounts to nothing as long as you are not on a mission

>game is about playing with gravity/
literally called Gravity Daze
>playing with the gravity mechanics amounts to nothing if you're not on a mission

Just using the gravity does nothing. Gravity is supposed to give you a different way to aproach combat, in which it fails since all you have to do is gravkick. It also works as a gimicky movement mechanic. If there are no enemies, gravity becomes just a useless gimmick. If there are enemies, gravity becomes a shitty, repetitive way to do combat.

Both Xrd have full 5h long story mode that plays like a VN/anime hybrid
Its the closest to GG anime you will ever get

No one asked for this.

Is this the game that one really funky song came from?

Xrd's artstyle works because every frame is modified. The story mode is almost entirely made of non-modified animation, which makes it look cheap.

>more Sup Forumsermin-friendly anime
Japan, please stop this.

Less than half the missions even have Nevi though. Most of the environments don't even generally host Nevi outside of the 3 realms.

Almost perfect character design.
High heels...........

Yup, go watch their GDC panel, they explain in detail how fucking expensive that is to make and how in no way in hell they would do full animation for story mode besides the few sakuga here and there

Pleasure quartet?
youtube.com/watch?v=BxIC6Vu1ee0
the whole OST is 100/10

So Sup Forums
If this turns out to be full on GC, would you be ok if it was done in game engine, using the same asset and being generally just one very long cutscene that comes with GR2 and runs in real time on your PS4?

Douse Shindakura was gr8.
youtube.com/watch?v=oWrKHWpLn0U

fake french/russian/whateverelseitis is great
Sony japan is the best with fake languages, cant wait for more gibberish in GR2 and Trico

I can't find the name of it but it's some song with a woman singing and during the chorus she goes
ya gotta get down down down,
gotta get down with me

It's probably from something else but it should be from a videogame

That's not a lot to go on.
It's worth noting that Gravity Rush's dialogue and music is written in nonsense fake French.

>Khara x Trigger
>Kohei music

We Gunbuster

here, have some real gross ass cg

its this

It's always nice to see a Daicon IV reference

IS THIS A PART OF HIS MASTERPLAN??

Not sure if you've seen the rest of the JAE stuff, but it's all passable to good and has a bunch of Anno references.

>Gravity Rush was Rebuild 4.0 all along

Sassuga Anno!

Well knew it was coming.
But Khara behind it.

buckets will be filled with a whole season of kat

Muh dick

Woo!

Pretty good.