Tobacco myths debunked

I used to buy the anti-smoking 'science', and thought only an idiot would smoke! Why would someone inhale burning plant matter? It just seemed stupid. How ignorant was I! I never realized that maybe they smoked it because it had benefits, only deduced it was because they were "addicted". Never having tried it myself, that was that.
Then, to cut a long story short, a series of events unfolded that challenged this perception in graduate school.

I found out that ALL anti-tobacco science rested on (weak) epidemiological studies. The further I dug, the more I was amazed. I found the works of William Whitby, an actual medical doctor, that knew of this years ago and railed against the anti-tobacco science of his day.
I was STILL convinced that tobacco was bad for you though. However, what pushed me into the event horizon was seeing the experimental studies (hard science), to that very day (and this very day still!) that showed that scientists were incapable of inducing cancer with tobacco smoke!
Now, I was amazed and I did further research into the pharmalogical properties of the tobacco smoke, and realized it wasn't just "plant matter" after all, this plant matter contained hundreds of bioactive compounds that were beneficial, and even life-extending (note, 75% of all supercentarians were smokers).

Once you see the case for yourself, you will realize that the emperor of anti-smoking "science" has no clothes! It is an invented pseudoscience much like man-made climate change.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9608635
journals.lww.com/health-physics/Abstract/1982/01000/Carcinogenic_Effects_of_Radon_Daughters,_Uranium.4.aspx
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(06)00780-8/fulltext
wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-Whitby
wispofsmoke.net/goodforyou.html
academic.oup.com/jnci/article-abstract/109/12/djx075/3836090/Cigarette-Filter-Ventilation-and-its-Relationship
tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/11/suppl_1/i51
gwern.net/Nicotine
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12151628
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC187294/
courses.washington.edu/gs466/readings/denissenko.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16517060
journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anti-tobacco "science" began as a moral crusade where people were trying to demonize it through dishonesty under the guise of science. The first "hard" study, did involve dogs, however, it was proved to be patently falsified, as admitted under oath by researchers involved.
After the anti-tobacco crusaders realized the hard science was not on their side, they switched to soft epidemiological studies, that intentionally would provide a result they were looking for.

The government gains control, a pretense for further taxation.
Moreover, the enhanced cognition yielded by tobacco use is despised by those with power.
Scientists gain funding.
Smoke-haters gain a world filled with less smoking.

Eventually, even well meaning scientists bought the lie, simply because of the "overwhelming" amount of evidence, without realizing that this mountain of evidence was all baseless and not predicated on any hard science (there is so much of it, they took for granted that there had to be something behind it), eventually carrying on the flawed non-randomized epidemiological work of their dishonest predecessors.
Also, their funding is largely dependent on vehement anti-smoking organizations like the American Lung Association, which will cease funding them generous grants if they provide epidemiological evidence to the contrary (as was the case with the Japanese Paradox).

Now for the science.
Examine it for yourself.
Again, to this very date scientists have been UNABLE to induce cancer in rodents using tobacco! This is not cherry-picking, all experimental studies show the same result!

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9608635

>No statistically significant increase in the incidence of malignant lung tumors was seen in either species as a result of smoke exposure, a finding that does not agree with the results of epidemiological studies in humans. Possible reasons for this lack of correlation are given.

To extended it even further, tobacco smoke has anti-carcinogenic properties and protects against cancer.

journals.lww.com/health-physics/Abstract/1982/01000/Carcinogenic_Effects_of_Radon_Daughters,_Uranium.4.aspx

The light tobacco 'smoking' dogs in this study lived longer than control when exposed to radon.
37% of the control group (NO SMOKE) dogs developed cancer.
Only 5% of the smoking dogs developed cancer!

Do you want to go even further down the rabbit hole? Most smokers who go on to get cancer, only got cancer after stopping!

>Are lung cancers triggered by stopping smoking?
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(06)00780-8/fulltext

This shouldn't even come as a surprise to those with a background in medicine after seeing the radon dog study because this makes sense! Tobacco suppresses various cancer growth (eg: IGF-1) factors and the body will upregulate them in response! You can liken this to taking the best medicine for stopping cancer for years on end and you suddenly quit

For the beginner, looking for arguments in layman's terms, I would wholeheartedly recommend the man that revealed the truth about tobacco to me, Dr. William Whitby.

William Whitby, M.D. shows that anti-tobacco "science" isn't science at all!

>The Smoking Scare Debunked
wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf

>Smoking is Good For You
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-Whitby

Another excellent resource:

Collection of studies showing the health benefits of smoking tobacco:
wispofsmoke.net/goodforyou.html

I would never advocate that ANYONE smoke cheap, mass produced cigarettes laden with fire-safe chemicals like polyvinyl acetate [a neutoxic glue] with (known defective) and filters on them.

The filters deposit fine strands of cellulose acetate fibers directly into the lung (which themselves are often in fire retardants), eventually resulting inflaming and irreversibly damaging lung tissue.
Worse, the filters aeorsolize the smoke (not so dissimilar to nanoparticle toxicity), allowing it to penetrate much more deeply into the lung than it otherwise would (filters strands included).

academic.oup.com/jnci/article-abstract/109/12/djx075/3836090/Cigarette-Filter-Ventilation-and-its-Relationship

tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/11/suppl_1/i51

In fact, I would advocate rolling your own cigarettes which in the USA costs under $1 per pack (that is 20 cigarettes for $1). The benefits will easily exceed the cost.

Tobacco is the most potent cognition enhancer known to man and it helped fuel the technological and industrial development of Western Civilization.
In the past 500 years, all great scientists, musicians and persons of note were tobacco smokers.

>nicotine boosted IQ scores in a small sample of smokers, specifically scores on the RAPM12 (possibly related to its increasing global connectivity since IQ is being increasingly reified as measuring the global connectivity of multiple brain subsystems)
>reaction time is improved, as is inspection time and visual search (but perhaps due solely to faster motor reaction?)
>pilots’ performance enhanced 4/5 as much as donepezil does; improves late-day piloting
>overnight performance on various memory & attention13 tasks ("These data suggest that when performance is being measured overnight, smokers show little or no impairment, whilst the performance of non-smokers showed performance decrements.") faster performance on Stroop and word classification.
>acute nicotine administration may exert direct beneficial effects on novelty detection and subsequent memory recognition
>in smokers, improved prospective memory (things one intends to do); Rusted et al 2005

gwern.net/Nicotine

Bump

A solid case, consider me convinced.

Laughing at this addicted weak minded peasant that needs to feel better cause he can't quit smoking.

you need better bait

I've lost five grandparents (including a great grandparent), and an uncle to lung cancer. Both my parents have COPD. All from smoking. All my other relatives who never smoked are fine. There is a clear link. Please don't condone smoking.

wtf i love giving myself cancer, smelling like shit, rotting my teeth and paying out the arse for the privilege now

>smoked 10 years 2 packs aday at the end
>stop smoking
>feel better then I have ever felt before

>Everybody should be forced by law to hold at least one firearm at all times. If you don't agree you are a fucking pussyass faggot.

why not E cigs?

What about issues like emphysema? Are there any olympic athletes who win cardio intesive events and smoke?

I smoke on average 5 unfiltered cigarettes per day and have ceased without issue.
I continue to because the benefits clearly exceed the dollar cost. The benefits I experience acutely are enhanced mental abilities (memorization is much easier). Go ahead and look around you for something that has this many medicinal benefits (IGF-1 supression, monoamine oxidase b inhibition; rich plentiful, highly bioavailable unique polyphenols and CoEnzyme Q10; increased DHEA and testosterone; increased KLOTHO expression and longer telomeres).
>All from smoking
>basically pic related
Confirmation bias. You do not know that and are looking for results that conform to your erroneous belief that smoking causes cancer, it doesn't. May I remind you that to date, scientists are unable to induce cancer in any animal using tobacco smoke and all evidence that tobacco causes cancer arise from fatally flawed epidemiological studies.

If anything, smoking bought them a few extra years of life considering that tobacco suppresses various cancer growth factors.
You smoked commercial filtered cigarettes which contain toxic glues (FSC) and defective filters which are responsible for most if not all side effects (especially coughing) that smokers report.

I still don't regret stopping.

Did you roll your own?

>it's the daily tobacco paid shill thread

Fucking stop this nonsense right now. You guys are not better than the antivaxxer. Smoking increases the chance of you getting COPD. We don't need lots of chronic patients clogging up our healthcare system. We are fucking full every day. Fuck you guys.

Is this some leftypol attempt to get "nazis" to have lung cancer and die?

Even smoking a hand rolled cigar without inhaling makes my mouth feel dry and ashy. Any type of smoke in your body is gonna be bad for you, cmon OP

Does inducing lung tissue tumors count?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12151628

But ironically enough, when I used to smoke marijuana a lot, the smoke did nothing to me like tobacco does

I vape.

Everyone knows the real culprit for the increased rates of cancer is the detonation of nuclear devices, of which, there have been in excess of 500 atmospheric nuclear weapons test, irreversibly depositing lethal radioactive isotopes into the atmosphere, the lifetime
E-cigarettes contain only nicotine and lack the hundreds of other beneficial compounds found in tobacco smoke (Coenzyme Q10, MAOB inhibitors, plentiful polyphenols, et cetera) . Moreover, tobacco increases serum levels of nitric oxide, a vasodilator, which offsets the vasoconstrictive effect of nicotine.

>You guys are not better than the antivaxxer
Anti-vaxxers do not cite peer-reviewed studies affirming their evidence. They invent it.
I have cited actual science and laid out a coherent argument against existing anti-tobacco science (ie, the case rests entirely upon epidemiological studies). You have presented nothing but an emotionally charged argument.
>Smoking increases the chance of you getting COPD.
Smoking filtered cigarettes increases the chance of COPD but unfiltered cigarettes do not have any relation to the development of COPD.
The fine strands of cellulose acetate fibers deposited into a filtered cigarette smoker's lungs are not metabolized and with years of collective use, will accumulate, and chronically inflame the lung.
The average lifespan of a tobacco smoker, even according to the baked statistics, is more than long enough to live into old age.
You state as though it is an absolute fact that tobacco causes cancer, it isn't.

Tobacco, even the anti-tobacco scientists will admit, produces cognitive effects that enhance cognition and motivation. Why would a leftist want their opponents to have an edge on them? If we look back in the past 500 years, most history makers have been tobacco smokers. Who is to say that the most significant people of this generation won't also be tobacco smokers.

What do you think about dip OP?

Just looking at the study you cited in the OP

>No statistically significant increase in the incidence of malignant lung tumors was seen in either species as a result of smoke exposure, a finding that does not agree with the results of epidemiological studies in humans. Possible reasons for this lack of correlation are given.

Doesnt this imply that it does cause this in humans but not mice not that the human studies are wrong?

O hell yea, I'm smoking till the end then. Smokers are oppressed in America almost stigmatized.
Comp my sushi or gtfo.

This is evidence that proves my case once again.

>although statistical significance was only observed with lung tumor multiplicity in the SWR mice.
The much more healthy, Balb/c , mice in the study had rates of cancer that were similar to control, which proves my case that tobacco does not induce cancer in any hard study using genetically healthy subjects.

SWR mice are inbred and highly susceptible to infections and cancer. That's like giving me a study testing the effects of a performance enhancing drug on runners with broken legs.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC187294/

Smoking cigarettes is stupid but smoking cigars and pipe tobacco is based.

This. OP is a fag

>current year
> thinking smoking doesn’t cause cancer

Kill yourself faggot big tobacco shill

It implies that the epidemiological studies do not align with the hard studies which is paradoxical and unexpected.
It implies the researchers found the results surprising.

Look at all the anti-smoking fags get butt hurt.

>implying big tobacco is allowed to shill anymore
They’re not allowed to advertise and have to fund anti tobacco ads. All because the government cares about your health.

almost all chinese people smoke and have high iqs right?
holy fug

But what of the epidemiological studies in humans? If they say they cause cancer then should we not value them over the ones in mice?

>Post sponsored by phillip Morris

DONT START SMOKING

>current year
>thinking that man made climate change isn't real
You realize, that you just made the same fallacious argument that retarded followers of "man made climate change" levy against any criticism? It does not make any sense and you ignored to even consider claims because you are convinced without a doubt that the information you were spoon-fed at face value your entire life is real. You never even bothered to critically evaluate it.

If smoking is so good for you, why is it every long term smoker looks like they're about ready to keel over and die?

Bump

What tobacco do you/should I smoke? Can I get a link?

because they are old?

Definetly not a shill thread.

Bullshit.

If you want to see how smoking effects someone, have a long time smoker and non smoker walk up a flight of stairs.

The difference is staggering.

all the doctors back then smoked... tobacco has many benefits

and how many of you faggots actually grow tobacco and use rice paper for rolling instead of buying mass produced cancer-in-a-box cigarettes?
I fucking hope you die of cancer

Then why is my energy gone and my breathing harder

is there any long term studies for vaping? i used to smoke back in college stopped and now recently got into vaping using mainly menthol flavor.

I fell for the tobacco jew again, tldr it destrys your teeth, robs you of your energy and income.
Plus even in this shithole you can't smoke like an adult in bars anymore,you have to stand outside like a fucking homeless crack whore

Since you're going to make this thread again, I'm going to give you the same response.

Smoking tobacco is not the same as smoking cigarettes, cigars, etc. Everyone knows there's nothing wrong with smoking tobacco. The issue is the garbage that's put into tobacco products.

>epidemiological mice studies.
All mice studies are controlled experimental studies where nearly all variables are controlled (ie, enviroment, food, et cetera) and there is a control group. Such a study is impossible to ethically run in a human group with tobacco (at least, it now is given the false a priroi assumed harm of it) all information relies on weak, statistical evidence from participants who self-select or merely happen to have written on a paper at one point in time that they smoked a single cigarette, and the cause of death will be (mis)attributed to smoking. These studies then erroneously not just imply but assert causation from a nearly baked correlation.
There are thousands of variables and the enviroment and lifestyles of the subjects varies to such an extreme extent that the researchers cannot possibly isolate it. Even if they could introduce variables for every single possible lifestyle factor. These studies themselves vary significantly with places like Japan not even having a statistically significant epidemiological link between smoking and lung cancer. To assume these worthless epidemiological studies carry the same weight as hard experimental studies is insane.

>Are lung cancers triggered by stopping smoking?

So if you start smoking, you sign your own death warrant anyway, unless you intend to NEVER stop.

I started growing tobacco about ten years ago as a hobby. 40 or 50 plants per year. I learned a lot about the history of it. One thing I learned was that Diatomaceous Earth was used for aphid control in the 30s and 40s (aphids are rampant on tobacco). No wonder there was an epidemic of lung cancer in the 60s.

Also many colon and prostate cancers (as well as breast) metastasize quickly to the lung and in the 50s, 60s, and even 70s and probably still today many “lung cancers” are not really lung cancer.

Epidemiologically, “did patient smoke?” And cancer in lung is pretty crude science. Especially when literally EVRY adult male in the 40s and 50s smoked.

I doubt Med Schools do anatomy like we did. We did Gross Anatomy where we did dissections and had a lab with a room full of specimens. Literally EVERY ONE had a mediastinum full of black, calcified nodes. We were told “urban life”. Who knows. I imagine the thousand year old “ice man” had the same from “cooking fires”.

Smoking may be a risk factor for COPD (as well as therosclerosis and lung cancer) but asthma seems more likely to me.

TLDR who knows?

Those studies are for tobacco. So smoke AMERICAN SPIRITS. All other cigarettes are filled with poison. So it's not the same thing at all OP.
I do believe that you can smoke a lot of tobacco with no negative effects.

I went from Reds to Spirits and it was a life changer. Now I barely smoke as tobacco isn't really addictive, only the stuff they add to it. So the switch lead me to smoking less. But even now, I can smoke an entire pack of AMERICAN SPIRITS and feel great the next day. If I have a single Marlboro or other I feel like death for a week.

I laugh when I see them all getting off the train.

They INSTANTLY stop, right outside of the doors (blocking everyone else, fuckwits). Frantically searching their pockets, hands shaking as they hurredly light their lil puff stick to help them get by.

Can't even wait 10 seconds later till they're clear of the doors and outside of the station, noop. Have to do it RIGHT THERE, because they NEED it, now!

How fucking weak is that lol, relying on such an external substance to get through the day, and having such a frantic reaction from not being able to puff on their lil deathstick for just 30 mins. Coughing and spitting everywhere as they walk out, looking like death already.

That's without even going into any of the other drawbacks.

Confirmation bias (and the sample of smokers most of us see on a daily basis are people who disregard their health in general as most healthwise people were mistakenly convinced that smoking is bad for them).
Most supercentarians (75%) were overwhelmingly smokers.
We are of the same opinion.
The "cigarettes" that I advocate people smoke are of roll your own tobacco, preferably using additive free organic tobacco.
I would never advocate smoking commercial boxed cigarettes that contain defective filters.

I thought that what caused cancer from smoking tobacco was not the tobacco itself but all the chemicals that are added to cigarettes?

And I thought this was well known too?

Tobacco itself is okay, the problem is all the shit they put in cigarettes, that's what gives you cancer.
Right?

you're probably a weak nerd with a weird face and voice

As I said, I actually did this for about 5 years.

One other thing, I discovered that there are small aphids that actually live IN the leaf. When I harvested I would gently spray each leaf with water and force the insects out before drying and even then you had to take precautions to keep the damn bugs from coming back in.

When you heat Virginia tobacco to cure it the nitrosamines in the product come from the BUGS, not the tobacco. I doubt the tobacco companies put in the effort I did to keep the damn bugs out.

Smoking anything, at all, ever, increases lung and throat inflammations, and carcinogen intake. Any smoke. Ever. Tobacco, wacky tobacky, ciggies, cigars... All dogshit

Inb4 the 4pk/day smoker never gets cancerbut i picked up 1 ciggy and got rekt

As opposed to a fat, cancerous, coughing and wheezing mess who can't do an once of physical activity to save their life, or even sit for 30 mins without a lil puff, else they get all antsy?

The withdrawal is real. Anything that causes that, causes a weakness.

Did you know you can buy Whole Leaf tobacco TAX FREE. It is a pain in the butt to stem it, brick it, shred it, and blend it but you can make a custom blend to your taste and make the best tasting cigarette you ever had.

I appreciate the post.
Would you also share the opinion as expounded earlier that filters could contribute to the increased rates of COPD observed in cigarette smokers?
Toxicity discussed in this post:

>So if you start smoking, you sign your own death warrant anyway, unless you intend to NEVER stop
You read that wrong. The smoke is suppressing what cancer already exists. Had you never smoked, you'd have kicked the bucket years ago.

>Smoking anything, at all, ever, increases lung and throat inflammations, and carcinogen intake. Any smoke. Ever. Tobacco, wacky tobacky, ciggies, cigars... All dogshit
I assume you have a source for you claim.

>people still think """Big Tobacco""" is a real thing

They've been government vassal ever since the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement in 1998, and they were on the defensive before then.

Smoke if you're stupid enough to waste resources smoking. Have fun dying slowly for the rest of your life while upholding other peoples' countercyclic investments. Enjoy being left behind as technology advances around you but lung cancer still kills you.

>wacky tobacky
Go back, grampa.

Currently, I do not. I have bought whole leaf tobacco from a local green house (and was given their entire harvest one year for free whenever nobody else was buying it) but they stopped growing it two years ago. It was the most heavenly cigarette I have ever smoked.

I have tried growing it myself and have had bad results (plagued by aphids, had to throw the harvest away). Whenever I relocate, I intend to hydroponically grow tobacco in completely controlled conditions. It will be expensive but I think the end result would be worth it.

I mostly smoke American Spirit RYO organic blend. Although, I fear they may have discontinued it (at least the cost-effective tin) so I will be on the lookout for alternatives. It's not the best tasting (other RYO blends are better) but I think it is the healthiest. Although, I have noticed the quality decline since RJR's acquisition.

How much did you get paid to post all this nonsense?

Serious question: does pipe smoking give the same benefits as unfiltered cigarettes?

I think there may have been a brief period where the tobacco companies experimented and marketed with fiberglass filters and dropped them pretty quickly when they realized that was a big whoopsie. Sort of like the Diatomaceious Earth. No one realized it at the time but when they did they sort of quietly changed products.

I washed my tobacco while it was growing with Ivory Soap solution to rinse off the aphids about every two weeks, it would take about half a day and in three days the damn aphids would be back.

As I said, I played with it for about 5 years and gave up. I could never really get they Virginia cure right and I finally realized why all my tobacco tasked like soap.

Through those years I did smoke Whole Leaf with rice papers and it cost about 8 cents a piece and 5 of that was for the paper. But I invested at least a couple days of month processing the tobacco. It really is a lot of effort to get a nice fine cut.

Modern store bought aren’t even made from tobacco. They take the entire plant and make paper (called RCP or reconstituted paper) and then shred that. Which is why cigarette tobacco fro a store bought is all exactly the same thickness. They can tinker with the pH and nicotine levels precisely that way as well as the flavor. No one knows more about flavor than the tobacco companies.

No. Experiments in tobacco carcinogenisis apply tobacco resins topically to rats. I have participated in these studies and actually made a “cigarette smoking machine” as a Pre Med and published a paper about topical rat applications.

I have seen pipe smokers with oral cancer. All smokers have a “jet” vacuum stream in their mouth when they puff. That jet exposes a single area of the palate to those stream from habit. You can identify that location by looking and see the hyperkeratosis from the irritation (caused by what? Heat, chemicals in smoke, pH? Who knows? Just plain vacuum?).

But I have seen a couple heavy pipe smokers get an Orepharyngeal squamous cell cancer on the faucets of the tonsils.

>Wasting money in an addiction
Smoking may be good in something, but it erodes your finances

All smokers know they are physically limited because of their smoking. Everyone who has smoked and then quit knows it's a huge difference. Your attempt so dilute a simple known truth is foolish.

All from taxes.

Everyone has something they enjoy to pass the time. Lifting, running. Whatever.

There are studies that demonstrate (without getting into the neuroscience) that smoking facilitates motor coordination and Nicotine may help with Alzheimer’s.

This is just pure bullshit by meme flags, i mean i dont give a fuck about studies i know people that dropped the cig because it fucked them up good you see people ageing and couging up black phlegms.

>Anti carcinogenic effect
A huge amount of CO2 entering your blood destroys cells and damages them thus causing cancer
>anti flammatory
Nigga you ever smoked a cig,the first puff block your whole lungs.Even chronic smokers wheeze like they are trying to cough up their launchs because theya re that much inflamed.
>Cognitive enhancement
o boi this is top tier bottom of the cesspoool bulshit,ahahahah
ITs a drug a downer drug(nicotine) it makes you slow as fuck and sleepy.

Nicotine is a very complex drug in it’s effects. While it does stimulate pleasure centers, in enhances motor systems and yet it does produce a “relaxing” or mild sedative effect. It is a very complex drug.

Indeed, and I am doubtful that it is truly whole leaf but American Spirit advertises (or used to) their organic RYO tobacco as being made from 100% whole leaf.
I have my doubts as well but it is miles better than most loose store bought cigarette tobacco I have encountered.
>A huge amount of CO2
>CO2
>this causes cancer
How I know you do not know what you are talking about.
>anti flammatory [sic]
Stimulates the release of nitric oxide and delivers low doses of CO which has an established anti-inflammatory effect and is being investigated right now as a de novo treatment for pulmonary fibrosis (CO that is, not tobacco!).
>ITs a drug a downer drug(nicotine) it makes you slow as fuck and sleepy.
Nicotine is regarded as a stimulant; although it is also known to produce anxiolytic effects. The cognition enhancing effects are clearly documented:

start about smokeless?

>Tobacco myths debunked

tell them about how cesium bonds to tobacco and thats why it causes cancer

>to this very date scientists have been UNABLE to induce cancer in rodents using tobacco

but a jew named Edward Bernays was able to induce smoking in women even though it was associated with prostitution by correlating the cigarette to a symbol of penis envy

wonderful

stop pretending like irradiated tobacco products are anything other than a way to save money at the VA

>American Spirit advertises (or used to) their organic RYO tobacco as being made from 100% whole leaf.

that is total bullshit, haven't seen an american spirit box with the certified organic label on it ever

I grew a crop for American spirit, the whole thing was a scam for some Texan to make a million dollars selling the brand to Phillip Morris, he only ever grew one organic crop and he never got licensing to do it either

All lab mice are inbred to isogenize the strains so all the genes copies are equal between them so you compare genetically identical animals. Fuck off cigarette shill

The risk is very likely overblown; the correlative associations between oral tobacco use and oral cancer omitted the most important (unknown at the time) variable, and that is STD (particularly HPV) induced oral cancer in males. Male-to-female oral sex became common place, especially among the time where so many young cases of oral cancer were attributed to tobacco use.
Tell me about how cesium 'bonds' , or more accurately, is found as a trace constituent in nearly every plant grown in soil at concentrations measured in the PPB if not PPT and that tobacco is no exception.
This means nothing.

And that specific strain (SWR) was genetically predisposed to pulmonary infections and tumorigenesis, proving again that it was a worthless model for such a study.

Cigarettes and smokers smell terribly. Also, addiction is a sign of weakness.100% of daily smokers are addicted, otherwise they wouldn't tolerate the awful smell and taste which annoys you after you quit smoking/don't smoke at all.

Okay how do you explain this then gunt :
courses.washington.edu/gs466/readings/denissenko.pdf

Do you have any idea how small 20-40 ng is (and even smaller considering not all of this will be inhaled?
Benzopyerenes are also found in all cooked foods, especially cooked meats in far greater quantities. Why single out tobacco?
I should remind you that smoker's telomers are observed to be longer (with strong significance) than non-smokers. This does not make sense if it was a strong mutagen as mutagens shorten telomeres! Therefore, we can either assume that there are protective compounds within tobacco smoke that offset, or completely block entirely the mutagenic effect of OR that exposure to low doses of it induces a sort of hormesis whereby exposing yourself to this damage at very low dosages, the body is able to upregulate the mechanisms that attenuate it.

what kind of actual idiot assumes that people who keep doing something don't actually like what it is that they're doing

addiction is a fucking meme anyways. addiction is just another way of saying you really, really like something. people happen to really fucking like cigarettes. they don't want to stop smoking cigarettes because they're just really nice. you know why heroin and cocaine are 'addictive'? because they're fucking great and people fucking love them.

'addiction' as people conceive of it is a non-existent phenomenon. there's no effective disambiguation between addiction, love, like, etc. 'but it's just a physical response' it's correlated to a physical response, so is fucking everything else too. that doesn't actually mean anything. 'but your brain behaves differently around that thing you like so much' yeah that's how reality works, you're aware of it because it affects you physically.

the only way that love of your children and love of tobacco are effectively different (besides the fact that family members and tobacco are two different things) is that we can tell different stories about our relationship to them.

>Cigarettes and smokers smell terribly
Subjective and the smell itself depends on the tobacco blend and curing method.
Many women find the smell of tobacco extremely attractive which is why perfumists and cologne makers like Tom Ford now have tobacco scented colognes for men.

I personally enjoy the smell and flavor of tobacco.
>addiction is a sign of weakness.100% of daily smokers are addicted
Patently untrue.
I smoke on average 5 unfiltered cigarettes per day and have ceased from ever greater amounts without too much issue.
The physical withdrawal symptoms are only slightly worse than caffeine. Low-IQ people who have difficulty quitting struggle because it is strictly behavioral.

Oh you are 100% wrong on the telomere business and everything else. How much do you get paid to falsely skew shit?

I can keep going if you'd like??

What's that, you'd like another?

Nice cherry picked non-randomized epidemiological studies where the observed decrease among smokers (5bp per PACK) is smaller than the effects of obesity (240bp) even. Moreover, the practical significance of 5bp is laughable and may well be sporadic.

The fact remains that tobacco smoke increases telomerase activity:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16517060

Moreover, this study has debunked most of the ones that you have cited:
journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004191

Not only do you lack understanding of what a mutagen is you also have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Here is your mystical telomere study you fucking stupid nig