ITT: God tier animcomposers

ITT: God tier animcomposers.

Pic related, it's Hiroyuki fucking Sawano. Kajiura overuses the Gregorian chants. Kanno is overrated. Taku Iwasaki, you're cool too and on par with Sawano. KLK, XCX and Kabaneri are him on top of his A-game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrSE2AKQpgE
youtube.com/watch?v=p7bJCeifepg
youtube.com/watch?v=YcdUQy1TSuU
youtube.com/watch?v=4M_3igofTZg
youtube.com/watch?v=HPBZeLq9ATM
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom-H@ck
youtube.com/watch?v=kDL3UYn3mE0
youtube.com/watch?v=9KH-kpFKFU0
youtube.com/watch?v=UbQIgJagZZ4
youtu.be/Q5dB09YdVMM?t=3m48s
youtu.be/eTx5MY0unAc?t=1m50s
youtu.be/huhgWhaLt9g?t=57s
youtu.be/sXDHBveGR3Q?t=2m10s
youtu.be/FOEll_34XsI?t=42m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=9VyMW-pd-TE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bombast is good music meme
Sawano sucks.

>image.jpg
Another quality shitposting thread from a phoneposter. When will the mods finally ban them?

/thread

> Kajiura overuses the Gregorian chants
but I like Gregorian chants

Hideki Taniuchi is the only one I've actually learned the name of. Kaiji, Akagi, his soundtracks are golden.
Shame he's in prison for being too cool

This is the god of composers.

Better than same style Sawano garbage.

Is he still there or did he get out?

>KLK, XCX and Kabaneri are him on top of his A-game
KLK was largely mediocre. XCX was good, but not anime. I should really get beyond episode 2 of Kabaneri, but I recall rather liking some of what I heard there.

Seven Deadly Sins and Blue Exorcist should be listened to in order to see Sawano doing something great that isn't just the same style he's known for in the big anime hits. I'd even place Shingeki above KLK or Aldnoah if you want to go that style. Unicorn is probably the best when it comes to that, though. Composing isn't just about the big bombastic, action pieces people like get excited over. It has to help the tone through out the show.

Michiru Oshima is criminally underrated in that regard. Xam'd really benefited from the unique soundtrack and the tone it brought to the show. Same for Rokka no Yusha, and it's a shame I can't find "The Fiend Appears," "Attack of the Fiend," or "The Strongest Courage on Earth," not to mention the rest of the ost, conveniently on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=XrSE2AKQpgE
youtube.com/watch?v=p7bJCeifepg

>KLK
>mediocre
>Calling his work on that show with tons of genre variety mediocre

>Kanno is overrated
The Zankyou no Terror soundtrack is better than anything Sawano has ever done.

SHIRO SAGISU

It is you pleb. Get over it.

Hisaishi is GOAT. His OSTs are one of the reasons Ghibli movies have so much atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcdUQy1TSuU is my personal favourite.

youtube.com/watch?v=4M_3igofTZg

It's not even one of her best, either.

Turn A's is amazing as well. Probably her most under-appreciated work.

XCX is literally the only game I have ever played while muted because the music was so obnoxiously awful.

I'd say Unicorn is better than ZnT's OST, granted, Unicorn is Sawano's magnum opus

Turn A is still better though.

I still say her masterpieces are Wolf's Rain and SAC.

I like Satou Naoki

The comfiest.

That's not Shunsuke Kikuchi

Shiro Shagisu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this faggot

You know who's fucking underrated?
Kuniaki Haishima
His score for Monster was the fucking shit
youtube.com/watch?v=HPBZeLq9ATM

She's the Yuzo Koshiro of anime though
She's a plagiarist hack

Big fan of Go Shiina. He's only a newcomer to anime, but his work on Kyousougiga, God Eater and Dimension W are all great.

No love for Iwasaki Taku? The guy can do pretty much any style.

Nomi Yuuji best.

Forgot to mention Satoru Kosaki. Monogatari and Haruhi's OSTs are GOAT.

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom-H@ck

gundam unicorn OST is still the goat. His other works sounds pale in comparison

Sawano isn't THAT bad, SnK/KLK are still pretty top tier.

His Noragami/Gatchaman were good but I wouldn't put him top tier.

>the _____ of anime
Crossboarder detected.

I didn't know Sawano was this handsome. Maybe this is why he gets hired all the time.

Of course. The secret to be successful is to be handsome.

>C
>Gurren Lagann
>Katanagatari
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Jojo pt 2
>Soul Eater
>Kekkaishi
>Bento
I don't see why he shouldn't be top tier given all the different styles he's done.

You forgot Gatchaman, but yeah he's definitely up there with the best.

The other user already mentioned them. That's not even half the work he's done.

Did they ever released the insert song in Kabaneri ep4?

>le same music every time man
'no

youtube.com/watch?v=kDL3UYn3mE0

Anything by Yasushi Ishii is GOAT, one of the few good things about DtB season 2

>Shame he's in prison for being too cool
wasn't this just because he possessed weed? It's a shame Japan's laws are so fucked.

Sawano is fucking terrible. The only reason you thought KLK was good was because his songs were cropped to shit in that one.

Yeah it's good everytime
Based

Hattori Takayuki (Harlock - The Endless Odyssey, Gundam The Origin)
Kanno Yuugo (G no Reconguista, Ajin)
Ooshima Michiru (Hagaren, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
Iwasaki Taku (R.O.D. the TV, Bungou Stray Dogs)
Kikuchi Naruyoshi (Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Gundam Thunderbolt)
Ike Yoshihiro (Kamichu!, Yuu Gi Ou: The Dark Side of Dimensions)
Fujisawa Yoshiaki (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Dimension W)
Iwasaki Taisei (Kekkai Sensen)
Murai Shuusei (Mouryou no Hako, Terra ForMars)
Yoshida Kiyoshi (Shigurui, Kaiba)
Mizoguchi Hajime (Jin-Rou, Texhnolyze)
Masuda Toshio (Mushishi)
Kawai Kenji (Koukaku Kidoutai)
Ootani Kou (Haibane Renmei, Hyouge Mono)
Hisaishi Joe (Arion, Mononoke-hime)
Susumu Hirasawa (Kenpuu Denki, Paprika)

I like these. Names with examples of soundtracks which I listen to somewhat often. Didn't include older series'.

>Make a video game just to show off songs

What a madman.

>nobody mentions Yasushi Ishii or Susumu Hirasawa
>Kanno called bad
Yeah, a bait thread from underage applefag it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KH-kpFKFU0
youtube.com/watch?v=UbQIgJagZZ4

He's on par with Sawano

>overrated is the same as bad

>phoneposting
>Sup Forums images
You're not helping your case, OP. Kill yourself.

Learn how to read, mate.

I CBA'd to read a wall of text, you're still only one person to mention Hirasawa and nobody mentioned Ishii

Ryuichi fucking Sakamoto.

>Kanno is overrated.

Yasunori Mitsuda
Sakimoto Hitoshi
Yoko Shimomura

>Yoko Shimomura
Does anyone even know her anime work?

There's only 6 goods songs in XCX. I don't Sawano to touch another videogame ost

What about his overall score?

All the music that's been in Kabaneri, has been released already

His anime OSTs are alright, but I consider his Mare soundtracks from last year his A-game composing, the tracks in Mare are beautiful. It's a shame everyone keep saying all he makes is epic and loud stuff, when that clearly isn't the case.

Ignore the tripfag, he thinks Tetsuya Kato or whoever the fuck did Free's soundtrack is the best composer ever.

I don't mind Sawano having a similar style to his OST.

My main problem with him is him using the stupid as fuck vocals all the time, and with incredibly shitty lyrics with broken english and german in it.

I mean fuck, the only thing I was excited about in the Unicorn TV run is the 2nd ED by Aimer, but it was written by fucking Sawano, and ended up being incredibly shitty, even with her god tier voice. Not to mention OP1 and OP2 of RE:0096 are fucking atrocious as well.

Listening to one of his works for the first time, he is pretty great. But after having to sit through 6, 7 different shows with the same female engrish vocalist and EPIC ORCHESTRAL music time and time again, it's pretty obvious that now all Sawano does is tweak the melody of his tracks and that's it. He barely has any diversity anymore. Every soundtrack is
>one or two epic orchestral tracks with engrish female vocalist
>4 sad piano tracks
>3-4 orchestral tracks
>the rest are tracks filled with a gibberish of instruments all playing at the same time
Examples of the same shit
Kabaneri youtu.be/Q5dB09YdVMM?t=3m48s
Platina Data youtu.be/eTx5MY0unAc?t=1m50s
Aldnoah Zero youtu.be/huhgWhaLt9g?t=57s
Xenoblade X youtu.be/sXDHBveGR3Q?t=2m10s
KLK youtu.be/FOEll_34XsI?t=42m34s
The Shingeki no Kyojin, Aldnoah Zero, Nanatsu no Taizai, Owari no Serpah, and Kabaneri OSTs barely have any difference in style except that there's more flute in Nanatsu no Taizai tracks and more electro effects in Aldnoah Zero. Nanatsu no Taizai season 2, SnK season 2, and Ao no Exorcist season 2 should be interesting to listen to because I doubt there's going to be any difference.

Yoko Kanno has so much more diversity in her music and you can really tell that she puts a lot of her time and effort in every track she composes. I can't believe she hasn't done more music since Zankyou no Terror which was 2 years ago. It's really too bad that in this industry everything is style over substance and all there is to please tons of anime watchers is "muh epic music" instead of well-done tracks.

Iwasaki is by far the best and most skilled. Problem is he keeps getting tossed in terrible shows like Qualidea Code and people remember him for the stupid meme songs (i.e. GOTCHAMAN and AWAKEN) because they stood out the most in the show, as opposed to his true brilliance in orchestra. Literally any genre of music, he can do well. And when it comes to orchestra, he is unmatched. There isn't a single soundtrack out there that has better orchestral music than his work on Kenshin.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VyMW-pd-TE