Is this ever going to be released?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4660.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say another 3 years optimistically, realistically never

Godzilla>Gravity Rush>Eva 4

At least 2 more years.

>“To all the Evangelion fans, I’m really, really keeping you all waiting, I am truly sorry.”

What did he mean by this?

kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322

He's been working on other projects, like Godzilla, instead of finishing Evangelion.

Yes.
Mari being discovered as a secret double agent by Kaji when?

Right after Kizu ends

>after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more

What the fuck, this was planned as a four parter from the very beginning.

How the shit could finish 3.0 thinking "yeah, that's an ending".

Real talk, what was Mari's purpose outside of selling merchandise? I mean, it's not like I hate her or anything. She has an interesting design and her mechs are cool. But seriously, what does she add to the plot? I honestly can't think of her doing anything important. Is killing that one Angel in the tunnel something? Does it even count considering it lends nothing to the plot?

It will come out, Its not like they wont make money from it.

Also Anno said this during an interview about Godzilla...
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4660.html
会見冒頭に深々と頭を下げた。
At the beginning of the interview (he) lowered his head and said silently:

「最初に謝っておきたいことがあります」
"First I want to make an apology",

と切り出し
(he) started his speech

『エヴァ』のファンの方には本当に本当に本当にお待たせしています。
"to all the fans of Evangelion, (I) have really, really, really kept waiting.

あれから4年。
(It's been) four years since then.

ほんとにすみません
I am truly sorry.

その分こっちも頑張ってやってましたので、
Because we give our best on this part,

お許し下さいとは言いませんが、
I won't ask you to forgive me

少しでもご満足いただけるものになればと、
even if this will only be a small gratification,

頑張ってやりました」と話した。
we give our best" he said.

Do I really have to make a plot joke about Mari?

Maybe it's taking time because Anno will insert the third movie redone right in the beginning.

When Ikuhara will finally kiss him.

If it helps answer my question then be my guest.

Mari was originally more involved in the first rendition for the story, she was introduced piloting Eva-2 fighting that angel on the beach with Asuka introduced later. the plot was altered a couple times into what is now.

I believe that the production had some problems with internal affairs.

>all the Evangelion fans
He means Asuka and Kaworu fans. He's sorry he wasn't able to think of a way to fuck Rei over some more.

But Kaworu's dead
Besides Mari>Rei

We don't know what she adds to the plot because we don't know her story. As for her development as a character, we only really got to know her for a brief period of time. There's 14 years of characterisation that we missed out on during the time skip. I hold that she's going to be important, but we just don't have the information.
Try looking into her, she's shady as fuck

You forgot about Misato fans.

>Besides Mari>Rei
Controversial as fuck bruh

Wouldn't be the first time.

The movies, arguably, made all the girls shit. Hell, even Ritsuko cut her hair.
Asuka was always shit.

I can't even get mad because I know it's true.

>Asuka was always shit.
Asuka was always pure best

I never liked Rei
I was shocked when I learned people actually liked her
She was just so bland, distant and unemotional
I disagree
I actually prefer movie Rei to original Rei
And Rei Q might actually develop in 4.0

I never really had a problem with her, I'm an Asukafag, Rebuild Rei was cute as fuck and Rei Q is super interesting for me.

Me too, Rei Q might actually turn out nicely
And I felt really sorry for 2.22 Rei when the meal with Gendo and Shinji got canceled
Shikinami a cute too and her 3.33 version was really nice

I understand why people like her as a character and I wouldn't argue those reasons. She's just my least favorite type of person and I can never understand why people have her as their waifu, outside of being either closet or blatant masochists.

Rebuild was always about catering to annos personal otaku wishes.

For the first time since the NGE release, he managed to surgically fuck over certain characters like rei and misato, in favor of his favorites, asuka and kaworu. 1.0 and 2.0 only did this is very subtle ways. This wasnt enough to affect peoples memories of the characters they knew and loved from NGE, so he realized he had to go further (literally making Rei soulless, making misato a massive bitch and so on).

After he was done with 3.0 he satisfied his own wishes for how the characters turned out (and the popularity polls show this to be true, with asuka finally surpassing rei for the first time after NGE aired in Japan). He felt he was done, so didnt have the motivation to make another movie. Thats very much the sort of person Anno is if you know anything about him at all.

Now he probably realized he should at least finish the series after taking a break and doing something he cares about.

Are you me?

I fall into the blatant masochist catagory, but I at least respect you for not shitting up the place with OMFG UR WIFEOO A SHIT

I doubt it but it is uncommon to find people who don't just complain about rebuilds and how Rei/Asuka changed

>short hair isn't best

tfw this was the meaning of 3.0 + 1.0 all along

Necsto Avon-geehreon: Turi pointo oh pruzu ahn

I've come to terms that my hatred for her borders on the irrational so I've toned it down a bit. Plus, I appreciate your honesty about being a masochist.

This place is crawling with headcases that just rant and rave.

Honesty is the best policy. But props to you for toning down your hatred. Respectable.

Why do you want him to finish this putrid rotten bland and shallow dump called rebuild?

This guy: Nails it. Some of you are going to hate that fact, but he nailed it.

I honestly thought it was him trying to piss off fans again like he did with EoE. I was bracing myself for something ridiculous. While I can see being the case, it would be a shame if it was just an overbudget waifu war.

That he was trying to "piss off fans" with EoE is something like a myth.

All EoE ever did was to continue Evangelion.

>I honestly thought it was him trying to piss off fans again like he did with EoE

But that said, it would seem that 3.33 was nothing but overbudget waifu war.

The people whom it gains, i.e the Asuka fans and the Kaworu fans will fight and claim it's not, naturally.

>Rebuild are shit haha xDD
>B-but when are we getting a new one Anno??

Hopefully never. I doubt it can redeem the pile of shit that was the preceeding 3 movies.

>preceding movie
FTFY

I don't think they're shit. I've just been waiting for years for the final part so I can form a concrete opinion of the series. It's a pain in the ass knowing that he hadn't even planned for the fourth part of what was advertised as being a four movie project.

anno's gonna come crawling back once he runs out of funds. wasn't this supposed to get a release date in like 2013? kek. the movies were decent eyecandy so it's a bit of a shame, though.

You're a weak-willed nonce too afraid to form an opinion. See It's been correct all along. You're simply too much of a coward to accept that Anno doesn't care about anything but his waifu.

There is nothing deep or well-made about the story, it's just a high budget waifu-war shitpost.

If that's how it is then that's how it is but I'm still holding off on a final opinion until I see that movie. What sense does it make to judge the ending of something if it hasn't ended yet?

If i prepared a meal that had literal shit as its main course, is there any desert i can prepare for you that would make you consider the meal as a whole anything but garbage?

You're completely unable to judge three movies?

You're unable to make up any sort of critical analysis, judgment or thought about them?

I liked the first two, save for the CG, and thought the third was subpar for numerous reasons. In terms of story, it just doesn't feel right judging the work as a whole until I see how it ends. So far, I'm not a fan.

Don't you realize you're excusing yourself from accepting the facts, running away from the truth?

Nothing but the fourth is going to change that the third was as "sub-par" as it was. In fact, because the third was "sub-par", the fourth will only suffer as a movie having to make up for what the third did wrong.

You're only putting off the difficult decision and acceptance, by pretending you need to judge the whole. You have to accept that so far, it is what it is, trash.

That's cute.

I'm not really convinced by this. The first two movies compared to the series make Rei a lot more relatable, while Asuka results more trivialized in your classical Tsundere stereotype with diminished nuance. On top of this, even the screentime focus is even more on Rei and less on Asuka compared to the series except the Bardiel incident swap that effectively removes Asuka from the final act of 2.0

So I can't really see a deliberate character assassination of Rei and conversely the emphasis on Asuka in the movies as a whole compared with the series

She's introduced as exactly as shady as Kaji, appearing to cooperate with him to release the 3rd Angel and self-destruct Eva-05 after it was dead to cover his exit with the briefcase, then sneaking into Tokyo-3 and hiding on the IPEA side of headquarters, and she clearly knows a thing about Evangelions but is synchronizing for the first time. 3 reduces this to a nickname and private comments on the plot while she has a snack. They'll forget she was ever even sketchy in 4 and she really will just meow and sing.

>I'm not really convinced by this. The first two movies compared to the series make Rei a lot more relatable, while Asuka results more trivialized in your classical Tsundere stereotype with diminished nuance.

This is called pandering to Asuka fans. Asuka is now nicer, more self-realized, everything Asuka fans pretend Asuka to be when they stack her up against the stronger Rei.

>So I can't really see a deliberate character assassination of Rei and conversely the emphasis on Asuka in the movies as a whole compared with the series

Because you're in denial. You're part of the problem.

I know all of that stuff, do you know if there's anything in jap merch that has more info on her?
I hope they don't skip over her shadiness, as cute as her meow songs are I would rather have more character.

While Asuka is more relatable, so is Rei, that gets much more focus than she had in the series in that part of the story, while Asuka is more pushed in the background, and the fact that part of her roles were given to Mari didn't help.

1.0 and 2.0 are a lot about Rei and her evolution as a character, that becomes more emotional than in the series

3.0 is about Rei 9, that is someone else, and Kaworu, and Asuka is once more given less time than the others, appearing only in the beginning and the end.

There is the chance that she will play a big role in the next one at least

>anything in jap merch that has more info on her?
She has chippu in the post-cyberpocalypse.

It's almost like the less screen time Asuka gets the less there is to hate about her. Whodathunkit.

Seriously, though, Asuka was barely relatable in the original series and she's nowhere near relatable in Rebuild. At least in the series she went through the mental break and all that stuff with Kaji. Literally all she does in the movies is be awesome and pander. She's permanently 14 as a result of a plot device for fuck's sake. I'm not even the guy who responded to you. I just can't fathom how you could call her relatable.

>Whodathunkit
Damn, all that redditspeak that leaks through Reifag vocabulary is obnoxious as fuck. That being said, Asuka is highly relatable in the original series, but given your penchant for autism you're more likely to relate to the lobotomized albino autist.

They make her somewhat cuter than in NGE, but in an extremely shallow way. In return, she is no longer half yui half lilith made as a tool by gendo to control instrumentality, but simply a clone of yui.

If you look at the little backstory rebuild has, you will notice that almost everything was changed specifically to diminish rei's importance in the overal plot and increase Asuka's importance.

I understand if you didnt see these signs in the first two movies because they are subtle and the movie doesnt really make it clear that character assassination is actually taking place, but i find it really weird that you didnt see this in 3.0, where the whole point of rebuild was made obvious.

Best girl was Misato and the films fucked her up, too.

I actually feel bad for Asuka fans who connected with her and then fell for the gross levels of pandering in the films. She literally had the two biggest aspects of her character arc, her relationship with her mother and her relationship with Kaji/Shinji, excised from the story in favor of shiny action scenes. And no, a blink or you miss it shot of her doll in an elevator while she changes. Asukafags are so up their own asses with blind love for that cunt that they can't even see how badly they're being played. It's pathetic.

That's a Q event, not 2.0 marketing.

Rei had the same amount of characterization for both NGE and rebuild (1.0) capping off with the cube-angle.

Asuka's characterization has been utterly glanced over in 2.0

Asuka and Shinji should of fought the twin-Angel in order to have ""SOME"" character development; (beyond that one bedroom scene)

However Anno chose to feature the falling-Angle because it was marketable.

It's was on promotional material for 3.0.

>While Asuka is more relatable, so is Rei, that gets much more focus than she had in the series in that part of the story, while Asuka is more pushed in the background, and the fact that part of her roles were given to Mari didn't help.

Not really. Rei is relatable in the series as in the Rebuilds. Asuka is taking over other character's roles, such as Toji. At the end of the day, Asuka gains more than she loses in terms of presentation.

Moreover, in 2.0 Rei's characterization exists more or less so it can be erased in the third. Asuka remains the action pandering girl all along, and Rei 9 exists to attack Rei's character integrity, and to be juxtaposed with "strong warrior Asuka".

The first movie is a copy, and the second does more for Asuka than it does for Rei. Screentime isn't all-important, as Rei was far more popular and well liked despite having less than Asuka.

Stop being in denial.

>hurr dur i feel sorry for askafags

Those two parts were the parts of Asuka's character that the fans DIDN'T like. THey spent all of their active fandom burying Asuka's past and her relationship with Kaji.

It's two things that make the character look pathetic, and that's why Anno removed it. To please himself, and fans. They aren't being played, they're being catered to. Asuka fans never cared about Asuka's actual character.

NGE was the Asuka route
Rebuild is the Rei route

Asuka had more development than in NGE. Arguably less characterization, but she developed more positively.
This was done to pander to Asuka fans, along with giving her new toys.

Where are you people when people are making eva shitpost thread three times a day?

Wow. I'm genuinely surprised and kind of disgusted if this is the case. I legitimately tried to give Asukafags a bit of credit. Serves me right, I guess.

Being drowned out by shitposters, or doing something constructive with my life.

>textwall kun replying to himself
My original post had nothing to do with Rebuild. In fact it was saying her original character was highly relatable.

Go circlejerk in your designated place on /c/

Anno is as guilt-ridden a motherfucker as it gets. His only states of being are "Depressed because of exhaustion and backlash by retards" and "Depressed because he keeps people waiting", nothing in between.
The better question is: "Will he kill himself after the fourth movie".

>Oh god textwall kun, please blast my fucking face UUUUGH!
Fellate yourself more you self congratulatory, masturbatory son of a bitch. Christ.

>it's another Reifag amalgam starts stroking itself thread while one pretends to be a Misatofag for muh unbiased brownie points
About time for the 404 I guess. I seriously hope this wasn't the same "Misatofag" on /m/ that got a 2 week ban.

I think that I like the Asuka from the series more than the one from Rebuild

Of course he won't kill himself. He got to make a Godzilla movie.

>Asuka had more development than in NGE
HOW?

In NGE they had 3 episodes that were dedicated to Asuka's development, the Sea & Twin angle fight that help established her character. then the Mind-fuck angle that revealed her past.

Meanwhile in Rebuild, we get this...

>tfw i dont understand what people mean when they reference psychology and eva even after all this time

OH SHIT YOU GOT ME

>xD

She doesn't develop early on, she is fleshed out. In Rebuild, there is development for Asuka.

I was quantifying how lackluster she was in the films by saying that, despite hating her, I could at least see why Asuka fans liked her. I was agreeing with you about the original series while also disagreeing with you about Rebuild.

Seriously, that one user is just full of shit and Asuka fans don't actually hate the two major aspects of her arc, right? I'm genuinely trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

>HOW?
I ask again...

HOW?

Mari is a time hopper. Confirmed

Asuka in Rebuild understands begins more of herself, and is able to reason that she's the problem rather than blame it everyone else, and she's able to do something for someone else for that reason.

In NGE, Asuka remains the same.

You're responding to an autistic Asukafag. Don't reply to it.

Do you think waifufags enjoy that Asuka wanted to have sex with an older man? That her entire existence is deeply pathetic, clinging on to her mother?

Go ahead. Ask that autistic Asukafag how he feels about the real Asuka, who opened blouse in front of Kaji and said she'd be all right with everything adult.

He's the same guy I saw sperging in another thread which had one user desiring to see the cut scene from EoE, where she has had sex with Toji. He went ballistic.

This is more about just Asuka fans though. Think about otaku in general, they do prefer their waifus to stay pure. Even normal people don't like it when their favorites debase themselves like Asuka did in NGE. Anno is making these changes to make Asuka more popular.

She reverts in EOE, she a contrast to Shinji.

It varies. Obviously, most Asukafags aren't overly fond of her admiration for Kaji. However, most do understand it. What we do appreciate is her flaws and vulnerability that you can say manifested partially in trying to impress someone like Kaji. I.e how she wants to be seen as an adult. Her relationship with her mother isn't really something Asukafag's raise a hoot about. I think it's saddening, of course and I never wanted such a bad thing to happen to Asuka, but her mother also gives her strength and I think that really shines through her battle in EoE. It's complicated, but also gives Asuka a more faceted and deeper character as well as a fleshed out backstory.

This is the dumbest fucking thing anyone has said in this entire thread and I'm including the shitposters. What the actual fuck is wrong with how your mind works?

>Asuka in Rebuild understands begins more of herself,
Can you rephrase that please.

>Reifags are totally okay with Rei wanting to be penetratded deeply by the Gendong
>If you don't ship GendoxRei, you're not a real Reifag!!
>buzzwords, boogeyman etc

Just kill yoursell, laddae.

Begins to understand more of herself.

Hello, butthurt Asukafag.

I think the user means that she's more in touch with who she is. She's more self aware/

It's even anti-development, all it implies of her background is that it isn't Soryu's. There is nothing of Kyoko anywhere in Rebuild.

If this is true then I am genuinely disgusted. I fucking hate her but at least I appreciate her as a complex character.

This is the mindset that I expect and hope for. Still prone to being masochistic manchildren but not completely reprehensible.

Did you watch the movie at all? In NGE, Asuka remains a cocky self-sure teenager and never owes a single thought to her own feelings or the people around her. This makes her target everyone else whenever something goes wrong.

When she fights the falling Angel, she's third in getting to the Angel, and unlike the original she's after the battle admitting that she can't do this by herself. The original Asuka would have blamed everyone else and kept up the facade.

We then go on to see Asuka mellow out, thinking more about others and about her own relationships, to the point of making a clear sacrifice for someone else. Entirely out of character, but brought on by development in 2.0.