Bit late to the party but I just watched it, why did Homoru turn into a yandere at the end?

Bit late to the party but I just watched it, why did Homoru turn into a yandere at the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__q9fsZa5vk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_anime_and_manga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis
youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ-NSdYCQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hello, Mr. a bit late to the party.

/laughtrack

>Homu
>yandere
Qb, pls.

I mean, OP isn't wrong. She went crazy from all the time travel and trapped Madoka in a pocket dimension out of a really fucked up, possessive love for her. That's pretty yandere.

She isn't yandere.

What's so fucked up about it? It's even explicitly stated that she didn't do it because she wanted Madoka for herself, but because she wanted a world where Madoka could be happy.

It's pretty obvious that her motive isn't Modokas happiness but "protecting" Madoka in the same way that an otaku protects his anime figurines in a glass cabinet so he can enjoy looking at them

Homura legitimately did nothing wrong.

If this was truly the case, Homura would have warped the universe so that Madoka was her childhood friend, instead of living in America for 3 years and being a stranger to her. She has every power to manipulate Madoka, but instead she leaves her alone completely-- she doesn't even try to reestablish their friendship because she feels unworthy of Madoka's love. And finally, her "imprisonment" of Madoka is hardly that-- Madoka has the free will to live her life as she pleases.

A yandere is always selfish, putting her relationship before all else-- she will claim her lover as her own exclusively, and will even go as far as to murder her lover if she feels betrayed. Homura forsakes that relationship and any possibility of happiness to ensure Madoka can live a happy life.

It's still fucked up that she put her own needs before Madoka's. No matter how much she thinks she's doing it for Madoka the dimension was created without taking her true feelings into account. Her love, while not necessarily possessive, is still really selfish. She's yandere.

I think yandere is a slightly different trope.
Homura is just completely full on fucked up in the head; her feelings is kinda just second nature.
She is yanyan.

>A yandere is always selfish, putting her relationship before all else-- she will claim her lover as her own exclusively, and will even go as far as to murder her lover if she feels betrayed.

She chose to basically "kill" madoka in that she (tried) to destroy the verson of madoka that made a choice and instead has a madoka that has the "free will" to live a happy life.

>Homura forsakes that relationship and any possibility of happiness to ensure Madoka can live a happy life.

She felt betrayed by her so she hunted her down, stole her powers and imprisoned her in a world like a doll on display. She didn't forsake the relationship, she changed it from a mutual connectin to a one sided voyueristic connection. She effectivly changed from a girlfriend to stalker, and it is in balance for the moment. It can't stay in this balance though, cause she will get angry that Madoka doesn't reciprocate the feelings. She will get angry that Homura keeps giving while Madoka keeps taking (not relaizing that Madoka doesn't even realize it).

>she put her own needs before Madoka's
Give examples.

I'm going to go out of a limp here and say that I don't think she really even loves Madoka that much. Hear me out; in the original timeline she only knew Madoka for less than a month and they weren't particularly close and certainly weren't romantically involved in any way. It's more like she is determined to win at any cost because she has already invested too much into the situation to just walk away. Think of it like spending hours playing a video game and you're struggling at the boss level. You've watched all the through videos on youtube and you're using save states to improve your chances but you are still failing. You're fucking determined to win and you'll keep at it however long it takes. Do you love this video game or the boss? No, of course not. You're just too autistic to give up.

Stop projecting.

She clinged to Madoka as her only source of hope for all the 100 rewinds she did. I can admit that it's possible her love wasn't that strong in the first timeline.

Hamfisted yuri subplot to sell more copies.

>he chose to basically "kill" madoka in that she (tried) to destroy the verson of madoka
Except she did it for Madoka's own wellbeing. She freed Madoka (and even Sayaka and Nagisa) from meguca Instrumentality. It's more accurate to say that she brought Madoka back to life.

>She felt betrayed by her so she hunted her down
Not even remotely true. She blames herself entirely, not Madoka at all.

>She effectivly changed from a girlfriend to stalker
No, she went from "abandoned and miserable" to "protector." Yes, you can claim she's "stalking" Madoka, but it's simply a matter of pragmatism to ensure her safety, just like in the original series. Besides, she's not staring through Madoka's bedroom window; she's sitting on a hill, alone.

That's retarded. If that was the case, she could simply use Madoka to kill Walpurgisnacht and then shoot her soul gem before she witches out.

>That's retarded. If that was the case, she could simply use Madoka to kill Walpurgisnacht and then shoot her soul gem before she witches out.

No, you're retarded. I obviously meant saving Madoka is the "boss" of the video game. It was an analogy, don't take it so literally.

Why were they naked in space at the end? Seems a bit gay tbqh

Haven't you been to space? Everyone is naked there.

She isn't yandere. It isn't like she is trying to kill Madoka's friends because she is jealous, is she?

Homura realized that the only way to protect Madoka was to go against her wishes. Madoka was not happy being a concept and Homura thought it was important to protect her, regardless of what Madoka thought of it.

I don't know what her mental state is. I think she might just have embraced her role as agitator and is playing the part. I would like to see her go back to being her cute, moe-type form though.

On the other hand, you're retarded to gloss over every display of emotional investment Homura makes towards Madoka. A video game is just that-- a game. In this case, it's life and death, for Madoka and Homura both. If Homura gives up, she dies. Now I'm sure people have committed suicide over video games, but let's be real, it's far more reasonable to take the evidence and recognize Homura actually puts Madoka's happiness above all else.

Moreover--
>in the original timeline she only knew Madoka for less than a month and they weren't particularly close
Not only is that false, but even if you did assume it to be true, then why in fuck's name would Homura even bother in the first place?

>why in fuck's name would Homura even bother in the first place?

Moment of madness. She's standing over a dead body and females get very emotional over the slightest thing, it makes perfect sense that she would make that wish even if she didn't really care for the dead person. Honestly you could substitute any of the girls for Madoka and she would still have wished to go back and save them because Japanese society has conditioned her to be a good girl who wants to do her best.

Everything you say hinges on a single fact , that one 14 years old girls decision was wrong and anothers was right. What makes homuras decision to deny madokas right? What was wrong about Madokas decision?

>Madoka was not happy being a concept and Homura thought it was important to protect her, regardless of what Madoka thought of it.

Where was that said? I really don't remember it.

Neither of them are more right than the other. Madoka's and Homura's wish contradict each other. They both want to sacrifice themselves for the other. Do you really think it's selfish to rather sacrifice yourself than to let Madoka do it?

Flower field scene in Rebellion.

The scene in the field of flowers in Rebellion has Madoka say that she could never handle being away from all her friends and family. Some people don't think this is valid though because Madoka didn't have her memories.

youtube.com/watch?v=__q9fsZa5vk

In Madoka's character song, which I believe is Madoka singing about her time as a concept, she says she is lonely, she hides her true feelings, and essentially says that she wishes that Homura had stopped her.

Angel x Demon yuri is best yuri

>Honestly you could substitute any of the girls for Madoka
Again, blatantly false. Even in the first timeline, Homura's relationship with the other girls were tenuous at best, whereas with Madoka she actually connected on a meaningful emotional level.

Neither are wholly wrong nor right. Both Madoka and Homura suffered as a result of Madoka's wish, so Homura had the right to change things for the (arguably) better. The best solution, however, is for both to reconcile and work together.

I'm sorry but people don't form meaningful relationships in just one month. The only other explanation is that Homura is bonkers.

She asked madoka over and over if she really wanted to sacrifice herself. And she said no every time, because she is literally just a stupid girl.
that's why homura rescued her from the horrible fate of being a "god", even if it was against her will.

homura did nothing wrong

homura took a happy ending that wrapped everything up and destroyed it to open up the doors for another sequel

she did it because she loves us, the audience

homura did nothing wrong

>I'm sorry but people don't form meaningful relationships in just one month
Speak for yourself.

>Autists actually believe this

>Instead of "See you later"
>I should've said, "I'll stay for a little longer"
>I wanted and hoped that you would realize it
>But with the words "See you later"
>I lie to myself again
>And hide my true feelings beneath my usual smile

Make it stop.

I like them best however they are happiest.

I cried for hours when I first listened to the words. Even Madoka couldn't have hope that she would see Homura again. It was too sad for me to handle.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

>homura took a happy ending that wrapped everything up and destroyed it to open up the doors for another sequel
Disagree a bit there. The series ending was good, but Rebellion did address the question of Homura's wish. Now that it has been addressed, the franchise can go barreling toward its true end.

>she did it because she loves us, the audience
>homura did nothing wrong
Both statements are fact.

>living in America for 3 years and being a stranger to her
wat

>in the original timeline she only knew Madoka for less than a month
Yeah but then she got to know her hundreds, if not thousands of times as the loop repeated.

>What was wrong about Madokas decision?
It left Homura to turn into a witch, that's what. Madoka might have been able to save Homura, but what about the next magical girl that the Incubators trapped? And all the thousands after that? Madoka's wish was crap, because it did nothing to put an end to the REAL enemy's scheming.

>it's a "retard misunderstands Rebellion" rerun again

When Homura altered the universe at the end of Rebellion, Madoka's family had moved to America for three years, and had just returned, being a new transfer student in Mitakihara Middle School.

>Madoka's family had moved to America for three years, and had just returned,
I believe that was just a part of the set-up that Homura put in place, because within minutes Madoka was already trying to go back to her Madokami self. Had Homura left her alone for three years, Madoka would have surely rejoined her kami form.

perfect

Not necessarily.
I think it's her conversation with Homu and the place, where she had some repressed/deleted memories, that nearly made her revert to Madokami.

Reminder that Homura did nothing wrong and is the only God to listen to Kyouko's requests.

I love Homura very much.

Thread is missing best meguca.

Why are you posting Kyoko instead of Madoka then?

I hope Homura continues protecting Kyouko's happy dream.

That is true. Here she is.

Homura gave Mami her loli too. Homura's always looking out for her girls.

That could work, except there's still no reason to think that Madoka actually spent three years in America from Homura's perspective. It's the old Last Thursdayism thing. Our own universe could be a mere 5 days old, with everything before that being merely a created memory. While that makes no sense from the created's standpoint, from the perspective of a creator, the universe had to start somewhere with the backstory simply filled in.

>filler fanservice girl
>best meguca
otaku plz go

It actually shows her family unpacking boxes upon moving into their home.

Jesus fuck, that is sad.

Homura is love

This is extremely cute.
Although post-rebellion homu wouldn't act like that.

Your correct on the memories but wrong on Madokami: Homura is the catalyst for Madoka almost returning to the LoC and why Homura distances herself following that encounter. Madoka is at little risk for returning to the LoC otherwise.

Post Rebellion should be something like this.

Homu is life

Nagisa is the only loli I actually like. She's so cute

There is a tripfag who does not know the definition of "yandere".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_anime_and_manga

Hi!

The lawnchairs! Would you like to sit on the chair?

>It actually shows her family unpacking boxes upon moving into their home
That really doesn't matter; the universe had to start somewhere. What was Homura supposed to do, just make a blank universe where no one has any memories of anything at all? No doubt Madoka has memories of those three years in America, but they are false ones.

>filler fanservice girl
I don't know about you, but I thought the concept of turning one of the old witches from the series back into a magical girl for the movie was very interesting. It wasn't like she did nothing; she played a decent role in the movie I would say, but that was mostly in her witch form.

Her backstory from the production notes really made me attached to her though.

She is adorable, isn't she? I hope to have a daughter like her some day.

She's a freakin cheeky cheese gremlin tho.
1/10 would bully for ever.

>Homura is the catalyst for Madoka almost returning to the LoC and why Homura distances herself following that encounter
It was Homura going in to hug Madoka that made Madoka come back. The much simpler explanation here is that Homura just created the universe as it is, and Madoka started changing back within minutes. It's the simplest explanation and doesn't create any unnecessary bullshit along with it.

>I thought the concept of turning one of the old witches from the series back into a magical girl for the movie was very interesting
It was, but I felt it detracted from Homura figuring out who the real enemy is, and they is QB. Why would she attack Bebe when QB has been her real enemy for so many loops? I feel like the entire chasing Bebe scene would have worked out more smoothly had Bebe been replaced by QB.

I want to explore the inside of Homura's mouth with my tongue.

There is nothing wrong with being a cheese gremlin.

It made sense to Homura. How could a witch exist when Madoka removed witches? That and it seemed like Kyuubey was a better ally in Madoka's new world since witches didn't exist.

"False" implies it didn't actually happen.

One of ripped off characters. I want her to die in the fourth movie.

The entire explanation was given in the barrier. How did Madoka forget she was a god? Sayaka and Nagisa repressed Madokami by taking fragments of her into the barrier. What is the jewel on Homura's earring? A fragment of the Law of Cycles. What visually begins reacting to Madoka in the hall way? The jewel in the earring. You do realize that Homura's universal barrier acts on the same principles as Homulilly's?

Homura can still repressed Madoka's power by force, but she's not going to wake up unless she's in proximity to the fragment.

wew
We're now officially into creationism 101

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis

I don't know who that is but Nagisa is cuter. I want to throw a cheese party for her just to see her smile desu senpai

Why does the universe have to have a beginning? Dumbest shit I've read all day.

>There is nothing wrong with being a cheese gremlin.
This is a point of view commonly expressed by freaky cheese gremlins.

>KyoSaya only exists in a lesbian's literal fantasy land
How fitting

I can't eat cheese very much actually. It makes me sick. I hope Nagisa won't be disappointed in me.

So now you are actively insulting the characters just to try and annoy me? Wow.

But she didn't, she simply believes that she knows what's "best" for Madoka which may or may not be true; she doesn't give a damn about her own needs. Even though her ideals may be a bit warped at this point, she has the most noble intentions.

Actually, I think Nagisa is more fun in witch form. Her random cheese exclamations and weird babbly language are amusing. So far in girl form she's just a generic loli, albeit one with a very cute voice.

As you say, witch form is more fun. Cuter to be quite honest.

Homura's got issues, but she is definitely not yandere.

>Omphalos_hypothesis
Thank you, couldn't find the actual name for Last Thursdayism.

>What is the jewel on Homura's earring? A fragment of the Law of Cycles. What visually begins reacting to Madoka in the hall way? The jewel in the earring.
I don't recall any of this. At what point in the movie is it at?

Homura had been in and out of the hospital for most of her life due to a heart condition and almost certainly had no friends as a result. It's likely that she was even bullied when she was in school. Madoka was the first person to offer her real, genuine friendship (and technically Mami too but Madoka and Homura were in the same class), and in her loneliness Homura became emotionally dependent on her.

Also Rebellion at least very clearly shows that Homura deeply loves Madoka. Whether or not it's romantic love is up for interpretation (protip: it is), but it wasn't just a case of Homura being stubborn.

I think this is the best Madoka thread on Sup Forums we've had in at least a year

>I think this is the best Madoka thread on Sup Forums we've had in at least a year
That's just because we haven't heard too many opinions from people who are wrong, yet.

>Tells Sayaka she tore off a piece of the Law of Cycles
>Dark Orb created immediatly after tearing off that piece of the Law of Cycles
>Bottom right: Lizard-shaped. The eyeball is a (purple) gemstone. Madoka’s power is sealed in the gemstone hanging off its tail. Unlike when she was a magical girl, when Homura uses magic, patterns come from the body, and the eye shines, giving the impression that the gemstone is not used as a medium. - Rebellion Production Note

She was bullied in school if you listen to the drama cd 1.

Homuras stubbornness is the reason Madoka can be with her family again.

Lawnchair finally haven't ruined this thread like he did all the others.

>homura will never trap your powers in her pumpkin

>Whether or not it's romantic love is up for interpretation (protip: it is)
>Called aiyo and koi in production notes
>Quartet doesn't even hide it in Kirara anymore
Protip: it's not.

About where?

The first few threads immediately following the concept movie leak were really good.

From that you can argue that X amount of time occurred but was supercondensed into a moment, so that the universe is younger than its apparent age.

It seems a logical assumption to say that the dark orb is the same as the earring, but what's weird is that she summons it from a weird mark on the back of her hand in the post-credits scene, and it's not clear if she's still wearing the earring while she dances

It always kills me when a song sounds upbeat and cheerful but the lyrics are depressing as fuck. I don't think that it's about her becoming Madokami though, I think it's referring to her own self-sacrificial nature stemming from her hidden feelings of worthlessness.

Also Aoi Yuuki has great range, it's surprising that the same woman who sang that could also belt out something like this while still being in character
youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ-NSdYCQA