3 original anime from Bones are in production - Interview: Studio Bones President Masahiko Minami

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

>3 original anime from BONES coming up, is DTB S3 finally happening?

Q: Oh, that is a big deal, you're right! So what are you most excited for in the future with Bones that can you talk about? What can you share about the near future?

A: There's lots. There are three titles, original works, in production. But I can't say.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OpQVGICr1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>original anime
>2016
All of them will flop

Never said anything about 2016.

>Boku no Hero Academia is a long-running manga
>Noragami is for fujoshi
Why is ANN so retarded?

No news yet for Eureka 7 season 2?

Please give one to Rie Matsumoto Bones.

Original anime flops 100% of time. There is no point. No one cares.

KyoAni will buy Bones in your lifetime.

I don't give a fuck. I just want my DTB3.

Post successful 2013-2016 original anime without any big names. No idol shit

Kill la Kill

It's probably just stuff Bandai is bankrolling for Western pandering since for whatever reason they don't seem to care if their anime doesn't sell BD's in Japan. I remember them saying they did Space Dandy knowing it would flop in Japan.

Free was technically original.

Moving the goalposts much?

pls

Well let's hope they are less Concrete Revolutio and more like the good episodes of Space Dandy.

never

Who are you quoting, OP? And why the fuck does anyone want DtB S3? S2 was bad enough. Do you want another E7AO?

>posting bait meme
>goalposts
What the fuck?

Captain Earth also existed. We don't want any more of that either.

DtB is dead, accept it and move on

>9362 sales
Not even big success

He's right, there's like 4 or 5 anime original each season and they sell bellow 2k BD most of the time.

>original anime flops 100% of the time as long as you don't count the years with successful original anime

very impressive

I don't really care about bones originals. Most of them are retarded and those that aren't are just passable.

RIP in peace bones.

Stop your verbalism.

now I want DTB season 3...

>originals flop 100% of the time
>no they don't
>w-well they do if they don't have any big names and aren't idolshit
Ignoring that - Shirobako, Kabaneri, Free, Cross Ange, Yuuki Yuuna, etc. Not to mention that the way they use "original" in the interview clearly isn't meant to bar sequels to other originals, since they're bringing DtB up, so that would mean various Gundams, etc. count.

>I remember them saying they did Space Dandy knowing it would flop in Japan
Japs have no taste confirmed.

What is Shirobako? Free? Osomatsu-san was basically an original. Idol anime are selling like crazy and guess what, they still are original, most of them, at least. Just because most original anime are flopping nowadays, that doesn't mean that there won't be a huge one in the upcoming future.

I don't get this meme.

>Bones
>original anime

Minami can youtube.com/watch?v=-OpQVGICr1c

as far as I'm concerned.

Jacob spends too much time together with us all on Sup Forums as an user.

It's been running for a 2 full years and more.
In the post 00s Shounenshit Jump that is in fact a pretty long run.

Bones should do a new series with Yoshida Kenichi, Yamane Kimitoshi, and Yasuda, Akira

It's the 14th longest-running of Jump's current 22 series. Not even in the top half.

>Yasuda, Akira
>,
You literally just went and looked up the G-Reco designers on MAL so you could use their names and look better informed, didn't you?

Most of the series predate it by an year or two.
Not exactly a large difference.

It's clearly not "such a long-running Shonen Jump property" no matter how you slice it.

I think you fail to understand what long running means.
It hasn't been axed 10 chapters in. It's long running in that context.
A lot of series can't boast with that.

>It hasn't been axed 10 chapters in. It's long running in that context.
Unless you're secretly the writer, I guess neither of us can know his mind, but this seems like a massive stretch of an interpretation, since that's not the obvious or common usage of the term, and it would be especially bizarre in the context of anime adaptations, because when the fuck has something axed in ten chapters gotten an anime?

There's maybe 2 or 3 anime selling decently and 1 very succesfull each year. It still mean at least 70% are flopping so the studio are taking a big risk.

>writer
Interviewer, to be clear.

> Bones

You realize that like 50-60% of all anime flop, right?

In the context of anime it's definitely long-running, it has like 230 chapters doesn't it? Some anime do 1 chapter per episode.

Kyoanus circlejerks will be banned from Sup Forums within a rodent's average lifetime in the wild.

>it lasted more than three months, so it's long-running
You can stop now, Jacob, you're just making a fool of yourself.

No Game No Life season 2 before the movie

I remember when KyoAni was relevant

In the interview he was talking about an anime with more than one season. How fucking bad is your reading comprehension, god damn.

That's why he's talking about the pauses between the seasons... like, really? You didn't fucking get that?

Wow.

HeroAca only just hit 99 chapters.

I don't know what you're thinking of, but it sure as fuck isn't BnHA. It doesn't even have 100 chapters yet now, and it had like 60 when the anime was announced.

I kinda liked Phantom World for being pretty and having two nice episodes plus two anime original characters.

KyoAni has been producing flop after flop in the last 3-4 years.

And original flop most of time. Look at quality of those shows
>Cross Ange
>Yuuki Yuuna
It's pandeing trash.
>Free
>Osomatsu
Fujo wet dreams
>Kabaneri
less than 9k sales

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about Nisekoi for some reason.

Sorry, it's way too hot here.

Two different things, he referred to the title as it is now as a long-running title. Work on your own comprehension before attacking others.

>...
>like,
Actually, nevermind that, just go back to your blog or MAL account.

It's DtB's 10th anniversary next year, maybe Bones will make a prequel of Heaven's War. Since I don't see how they can make a successful sequel to the catastrophic S2.

No, I still don't get it. It's most likely not important anyway. Thank you for trying to explain it, user.

FMA aside, every successful anime made by Bones was original : Darker than Black, Rahxephon, Eureka Seven, Star Driver, Kekkai Sensen

>tenkai knights
>space dandy
>captain earth
>concrete revolutio

When will bones die already.

>Kekkai Sensen

>hating on Tenkai Knights and CR

Shit taste user

> without big names

so I have to post successful original animes that didnt make a name for themselves?

I guess when Aniplex, Shueisha, Kadokawa, Lantis, PonyCanyon, Sanrio, Warner Bros, Capcom and BandaiVisual stop hiring them.

This might happen when a volcano erupts and kills off the main population of Japan, as the people would be too busy to hire them, since they would be fighting for their lives.

>Space Dandy

Given the fact that people like you make up 90% of the fandom, It's best for Bones to die indeed.

Not him, but Kekkai sold really well.

>Hating on Dandy.

Go back to MAL.

Technically it's original. I heard it didn't adapt hit from the manga.

I think the point was rather that it was not an original anime.

That's not a problem with Bones's fanbase. Anime viewers in general have shit taste. Space Dandy was as good as it gets in modern anime and it still flopped.

*adapt shit

>This might happen when a volcano erupts and kills off the main population of Japan
Then they'd just adapt Dragon Head.

It only had an original ending, that's all. The rest was adapted.

No one is ascertaining quality here.

That would be something.
>keep drawing, even if you're dying
>>b-but we really are dying
>>I don't wanna draw an anime about kids slowly suffocating to death in a tunnel while I'm suffocating myself
>shut up, this is how we're going to be remembered

Bones is dead.

>successful anime
>without big names
What kind of stupid ass shit is this

Doctor McCoy will forever live on in my heart.

We are both speaking about anime viewers in general. SD sales weren't catastrophic, but it definitely deserved more love/recognition for the effort in terms of creativity and animation.

>Noragami
>Fojo show

It's what happens when some people browse Sup Forums too long and actually start believing the jokes and memes here.

What's with the state of Sup Forums right now? Why can't we be friends?

Did that chick get any good merchandise?

>final episode is broadcast near-live, with just a few second delay, as the dying animators frantically scribble out each frame faster and faster until they finally die along with the characters

Looking at the context and his phrasing, I'm pretty sure what actually happened is that he misunderstood "fujoshi" to mean "female otaku of any kind." Which is even more retarded of him.

No idea, I'm not a buyfag.

Studio haters are lazy with baits.
Almost everything was from manga. Only twins and their plot were original because manga is episodic.

Over 5k average:

Love Live!
Kill la Kill
Gargantia
Vividred Operation
Valvrave

Shirobako
Yuki Yuna
Aldnoah.Zero
Cross Ange

Charlotte
Starmyu
Earth Defense Club LOVE!

>No idol shit
lmao

>but all those shows suck
They were successful though.

>anime original ending
Hidoi.

Is it finally time for the second season of DtB?

The actual ending is abrupt inconclusive garbage and still probably leads to them dying.

Stray Dogs and Boku no hero academia from last season are more than enough to not have faith

I think you meant more than enough to have faith.

Why? They were both bad