Really makes you think

Really makes you think...

Backgrounds in One Piece are drawn by Oda's assistants.
Kubo and Togashi don't like assistants drawing.

Anyone know how Kishimoto works?

IIRC, Kishi does the big impact panoramas himself.

The JUMP documentary shows him draw that cool rain village spread.

This. Oda is a fucking hack

Really disappointing when Kubo's garbage looks the best

Speaking purely in technical skills,
Kishimoto > Togashi > Oda > Kubo

in the darkness

For me Oda(s assisstant) uses too much ink, while Kishi uses not enough ink.
Maybe the one steals ink from the other?

wtf i hate bleach now

If you want to compare, it should be each artist on equal conditions.
Let's break Oda, Kishimoto and Tite's backs, drink a kool-aid of lazyness and see how well they draw.

At least use the corrected page, you shitbaiter.

So what you're saying is don't read WSJ. Just buy the volumes?

Better but still not very good.

>This. Oda is a fucking hack
Not really. He just knows how to pace himself to make a series that runs for decades without haitus and without ruining his physical and/or mental health.

I like the bottom ones the most.

Are you telling me you read WSJ scans when tank scans are available?

Here's an actual spread from Hxh

>If you want to compare, it should be each artist on equal conditions.
>Let's break Oda, Kishimoto and Tite's backs, drink a kool-aid of lazyness and see how well they draw.
Why would anyone do that? The reasons don't matter, the end result does.

That Bleach scan looks like absolute cancer.

>Reasons don't matter
They are humans, not machines.
Reasons only matter when talking about living things, therefore, in this case, they do.

Kishimoto will always be our lord and savior. Kubo beat everyone else on character design overall. Oda and Togashi are the special kids of the bunch.

Kishimoto's art is lifeless, and shit the bed on writing 2 years into a 10+ year series.

Cherrypicking: the image: the shitpost: the thread

No, they don't. What matters to me, as a reader, is what the product I get is. Whether that's because of the mangaka's talent level, or the amount of work they put in, or extraordinary circumstances, is irrelevant. I don't judge series by the author, I judge them by themselves.

So in your eyes, artist can't retouch their art, is that it?

Not him but you do that before you publish it
If a mangaka can't handle a weekly schedule with high quality artwork then they find an aesthetic that isn't as time consuming and still looks great instead of skimping out completely like a hack

Wasn't JoJo monthly by Diamond's time?

>doflamingo
Why does he sit like that

Wasn't monthly until SBR

He wants his butt to hurt.

Araki's quality is all over the place.

Or you go the other way and make everyone draw within the same weekly timeframe.

It looked better before monthly though.

>

There's a feast and the only one eating is BB. Sad.

Nah, it depends on what part you're talking about. Mid-Part 4 and Mid-Part 7 are widely considered to be the best peaks of Araki's art. Parts 1-2 have some of the weirdest anatomy of the whole series, while parts 5-6 are kinda odd.

>without haitus and without ruining his physical and/or mental health

OP has been going on break every 3rd week for years now

Oda and Kubo's look the best, not even baiting.

>Mid-Part 7
You mean horrible same-face and further complete disregard for anatomy? It had really good panelling though and the detailed parts were inserted tastefully, but they're almost soiled by those stupid bitch lips, expression-less faces gazing at nothing.

Better than most of Part VIII.

Last one isn't a spread.

I want to marry Jolyne

Part 8 hasn't even begun to get good user just wait. Although that Damo fight was amazing.

No, I'm glad that they retouch art if it looks like shit, but I'm sure as fuck going to be disappointed if I a series looks like shit as it comes out, even if they are retouching it later. It's annoying with Iwaaki and it's annoying with Togashi. I'd rather they offset their poor health by getting assistants, if the alternative is subpar art.

>posting Las Noches
>not posting Soul Society or Wandereich

I still love Las Noches's feel. It's not out of place and the aesthetic is coherent with the rest of the Hueco Mundo arc.

Kubo has his own unique, or lazy, art style that really separates him from the rest.
It really was a treat to see the arrancar sitting at the table, it was a nice page.

Are you baiting?
I know JJL's backgrounds aren't the best but as much as I love it SO is easily the ugliest part in the series.
The closeups in JJL are fucking great and the fights are clear but still look hectic.
Don't project your dislike of the part on the artwork

You wanna talk about disregard for anatomy, go look at Parts 1-2. I'll grant you that the expressions suffered quite a bit, but anyone can tell that Araki really decided to up his art at about a third of the way into SBR.

Kishimoto got years to draw this spread.

Did Araki ever comment on this change?

> Backgrounds in One Piece are drawn by Oda's assistants.

Nope, only the non-essential ones. Oda draws all the action poses and brig spreads/backgrounds. Stop being a lying faggot

>pulling shit out of your ass
>accuse others of lying
Pull your head out of Oda's ass, faggot.

Oda's page there doesn't please my eye. The big characters at the back and the perspective makes it hard to grasp the whole scene.

We all know Togashi isn't the best of artists but can we at least show actual spreads?

Here's another.

>we
Excuse you, I love his art.

I'm sorry user. I do love a lot of his art and designs but his art can be inconsistent.

After reading the entire manga 3 times I have come to the conclusion that Togashi really likes drawing hands

How old are you? I actually read the manga weekly during part 1. The break between part 1 and part 2 was about 3 months and it was broken up by the Kakashi Gaiden

Togashi's fine when he's not drawing on a napkin.

I think that one is my favorite.

What the fuck more do you expect? It's just a panel of irrelevant stairs, the detail is going to correspond with it's importance. Of course it's not gonna look as good as a double page spread intended to set the scene of a significant location.

I absolutely love this one. A lot of Togashi's spreads have this immersive feel to them.

A true patrician favor Raiku's work.

Gash? I need to read that sometime.

Do you even know the workload/schedule of a mangaka? Taking a break every 3rd week is mandatory if you don't want to ruin their physical and mental health.

You do

His art is pretty inconsistent, but I still like his simpler stuff too.

dindu nuffin

Bruh part 8 has been amazing since shakedown street.

Well I thought it was lame so whatever.

>We all know Togashi isn't the best of artists
Damn right

How could you not like Gappy winning completely?

Didn't like that part, I honestly liked the beetle fight better.

He has excellent paneling and really knows how to convey action.

Except its the truth. You can even fucking google it you mongoloid

>it's no skin off my nose
>loses his nose
Pottery

Expect there's literally nothing wrong with Kubo's art
>muh backgrounds
Hueco Mundo is a fucking wasteland, as it should be. They mentioned this multiple times.

Still got rekt by a twink manlet

Literally perfect

Just because it looks like they described doesn't mean it looks good.

He's a very good artist though, it's only his effort that's inconsistent. A technically skilled artist is still technically skilled even when he's just scribbling a rough draft.

You'll notice that no matter how much people shit on Togashi's art, they never actually criticize the technical elements like anatomy, perspective, page composition, paneling etc. It's just rough linework and a lack of detail that people take issue with, and that's a result of just not spending a lot of time polishing it for publishing.

Sure

>Expect

It looks better than the top ones.

He has quite good paneling that, like with ONE, gets overexaggerated by fans as a response to others shitting on the art.

>page from a point in time when Togashi was notoriously desperate to end the series and had completely thrown in the towel
What's your point? When he actually gives a fuck you get good shit like

Is that supposed to be a bad page? You literally proved his point

That's why every other mangaka does it, too, right? Except no, they fucking don't.

I dunno, Kishimoto's art feels pretty bland to me . He doesn't have the stylishness of Kubo, the technical finesse of Togashi, the detail and consistency of Oda. It's just kinda there.

>absolutely nothing looks better than something.

OK user whatever you say.

>Is that supposed to be a bad page?
Top kek, you Togashifags are funny.

The page is way too busy and lacks contrast.

>detailbabby

>When he actually gives a fuck
So hardly ever

You know what was pretty disappointing was finding out that all the awesome backgrounds in Punpun weren't drawn by Inio Asano. Instead they were just real pictures traced by his assistants.
Doesn't really affect me enjoying the story, I just thought Asano was some kind of god at first.