ITT: Edge done right

that's even worse than pretentiousness, That's just edge for its own sake.

Well how about this?

He does that to every single one of his party members.

His eyes turn black while doing it and he gets random weapons as a result

His body actually has no blood in it but a black glue-like substance that can spurt out of his right hand.

We edgy enough yet?

This is how all NTR should end.

But that's not edge done right. That's just more edge.

This on the other hand...

The only true answer.

Akame ga Kill
Mirrai Nikki
Elfen Lied
Sasuke

The best part is when she acknowlege she doesn't want to be saved, she just ant everyone to suffer like her.

/thread

Although, in this case the edge collapses in on itself and becomes Hell Yeah, Motherfucker.

Now we're talking

Whatever happend to this?
I haven't seen anything of it for months now.

>Akame ga Kill
It's just edge for the sake of edge, it's not really done right or has any sort of redeeming quality
>Sasuke
At first, because he had an actual reason, but never really evolved past it and just became an even crappier character

it's certainly getting there

So Elfen Lied and Mirrai Nikki are good edge then?

Group is slow normally and keeps having problems with group members leaving. That's about it. Three months with no updates really sucks.

>done right

I've never seen Mirai Nikki and don't remember Elfen Lied past the first episode and a couple of other scenes.

I like how this artist used a mirror to reflect the ugliness of id

I've read that manga before. I don't think the writer ever read Harry Potter before.

pic unrelated

this one is pretty fun desu senpai

edge can't be done right or else it's not edge anymore you ungodly mouthbreathing mongs

To this day I still don't know if I love or hate this.

I just want to see a fight between it and original Mazinkaiser

>Edge
>Bad
Here, have a pity (You).
Don't do it again, though.

Is this the One Punch Man of edgy fantasy RPGs?

It's totally a deconstruction, right?

p-please respond

Read the first few chapters and it is just boring. Main charecter is boring and emotionless, you can't enjoy the side charecters because their quickly killed, and overall the concept is just dumb. You can enjoy edge from time to time but this is jusr bland 0/10.

Nothing about this manga seems right

"Harry Potter" sword?

What?

Harry Potter didn't use a fucking buster blade

I mean he used Griffindor's sword to kill the Baselsk but that was a one hander

Edge is only good if its written well and have a charecter you can empathize with.

Hellsing, the edge just makes it goofy fun.

>Harry Potter sword
???

This, it could have been sort of readable if at least the MC was actually a character or something.

As it turns out, "wanting to defeat the demon lord" isn't exactly ground breaking characterization

>it finally got updated
Shieeet, this edge is just the right amount for me.

Ichi is so fucking ridiculous, I love that manga.
The penis piercing part was painful though.

This guy's power is to kill his teammates?

>Gets the ever loving fuck beaten out of her by a pack of her old schoolmates, raped with bottles, her unborn baby is killed, and she drags herself to a mirror before shattering it, and OD'ing on heroin before dying
>Edge done right

Hai-furi
Motto Love Love Sakusen desu

He temporarily gets the levels of his dead teammates.
It makes sense in universe because monster's levels are fucking OP.

I hate it when anything grim-dark is called edgy.

It's not about what happens but how it's presented that dictates quality. This is true for pretty much all fiction.

That's said I haven't read Emergence 'cos I'm a vanillafag so I can't really defend it.

Does it matter though?
The point of the work is the burden of the subjugator, not how he got there.

The way it's presented? It's presented as "HOLY SHIT, HUMANS FUCKING SUCK LOL, LOOK AT THESE EDGY TEENS BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF A PREGNANT WOMAN FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES"
I love ShindoL for his lovey dovey shit, but I fucking hate when he goes full Edgemeister

It's not even grim-dark like some of ShindoL's other shit. It's violent for the sake of violence. I would have been happy if it had ended with her vow that she would take care of her child, give it an open ending.
But no, to bring the ride full circle, she gets beaten and her child gets killed inside her before she Ods on fucking heroin.

I see no difference from OP's pic, yet it's praised. Berserk is the Reddit:zero of anime

japan is completely retarded when it comes to western culture

Yeah, I agree with that, people might be fucked up but those kids were cartoonishly evil.

Westerners are pretty retarded when it comes to Japanese culture too. Also, watch/read Gunslinger Girl, they capture the Italian feel perfectly.

Im really tired of all these shitty bait threads
They drop in quality every day

Whats the name of the Manga where a guy goes back in time and kills and rapes all his classmates?

I mean, Cultural Difficulties aside, calling a big buster sword a "Harry Potter" sword makes me think the author didn't even google Harry Potter, let alone read it

Really shows the amount of effort he went into drawing his """"story""""

Having a bunch of comically evil kids beating a pregnant girl to death and stealing her money isn't grimdark, is just shock for the sake of shock.

umareru kachi no nakatta jibun ga anna no tame ni dekiru ikutsuka no koto

Truly a good edgy fuck

Yeah, I said that scene was just stupid.

The story is edgegod when it has a theme of confusing love and being high. HOWEVER, I am referring to the visual here.

Because you see only picture.

In Berserk you go through the "sad backstory of edgy character" before the character becomes "edgy", differently than in most cases, where character is already "edgy" and you at best get some kind of flashback to why.

Also in Berserk, he's not "edgy" 24/7, nor does he cries or even talks much about "oh how shit my life was".

In short: There's actual character development, constantly, there's depth in it and it's not just a written/walking cliche.

alright Sup Forums, what makes a character edgy then?

Doomguy isn't edgy, but he does meet several requirements for edge:

>game is red and black color scheme
>violently kill shit in the most brutal, gorey way possible
>doesn't give a fuck about anything except killing demons
>Rogue who rages against the establishment, both good and bad establishments

and what would make this series edgy over something like doom then?

Hellsing is the best edgefest along with the Lost Children arc of Berserk.
Everyone is having a blast in that manga.

When they do le psycho animu face and talk about how unfair the world is

HAHAHAHA no

this I can agree with

>Sasuke
I didn't expect anyone on Sup Forums to know about this.

brago from gash bell

This guy and the Busou Renkin guy have weird ways of drawing eyes on crazy people.

Why does Guts kill random apostles?
I understand wanting to kill Griffith, but why does he goes and gets almos killed by every random fuck he stumbles upon?

You have to pay more attention my man

The answer is because he is a sacrifice

It might be something lost in translation.
Can anyone read what's in the first panel?

The Apostles are drawn to anyone with the brand that Guts and Casca have, and they try to kill and eat anyone with it.
Guts is fighting for survival, not just revenge against Griffith

>deconstruction

He does care for more than just killing shit though. The reason he was originally sent to Mars was because he hit his Commanding Officer for ordering him to fire on civilians. He almost sacrificed himself for the evacuation of Earth. Not only that, he went literally went to hell and back to retrieve his pet rabbit's soul and in the last game he backed up VEGA before shutting it down. He doesn't hate everything, but just really hates demons and the UAC, and he couldn't give an ounce of a deep fried fuck about their profits.
Doomguy is a great example of a really well-written character with minimal actual characterization and absolutely no dialog and he's anything but edgy. I like to say he's the Guts of vydia.

Oh right. I forgot because I read Berserk quite a while ago. I have to re read it soon.

He said done right.

Hey I actually liked this hopefully it keeps getting updated

also he saw them playfully kill all his comrades, so there's that as well

I think Kaneki is a pretty good edgy character.

>be a normal shy dude who likes to read books
>have no parents and only one good friend
>finally meet a girl that seems to like him
>get lured into a trap and almost killed
>get turned into a monster
>has to slaughter and devour his own kind to keep on living but forces himself not to
>proceeds to get shitted on from all sides but still tries to do his best as a friend and a human being
>almost tortured to insanity
>accepts that he changed and continues to try his best at being a moralfag
>still gets shitted on 24/7
>get almost killed again

He has every right to be edgy after all he's been through and he's a damn good developed character.

Did someone say edgy?

Edge can be done right, but you just posted the opposite example.

Pic related is edge done right.

Did you even read the fucking eclipse? Anyone would want to slaughter each and every one if they survived something like that, Guts just happens to be strong enough to do it.

A masterpiece.

Punpun post-second Aiko was pretty edgy

ShindoL is pretty much the best artist in the h-manga trade, better than even Inou and Tomasu.
Why the fuck hasn't he started making a full-on manga series in the mainstream? He blows away anyone around by miles in terms of quality

It literally says Harry Potter's sword, you can't mistake this shit.

>ShindoL is pretty much the best artist in the h-manga trade
Fuck off newfag.

>mangapanda
every time

>ShindoL
>blows away anyone around by miles in terms of quality

It says Hari Bote, but I think japs write Harry Potter like "ハリー・ポッタ".
So I don't know if its just the author being scared of copyright.

He is, just an all around cool manly man doing what has to be done but no one else can.
If ever I had the armies of hell itself coming after me I would only accept DG, Guts, and Hellboy to be my in demon killing squad.

Edginess in a show isn't bad. It just makes shows more entertaining. If you autistic retards drop a show because it has an edgy character I see why you have such shit tastes.

>ShindoL is pretty much the best artist in the h-manga trade

You're forgetting every SMT protagonist.