Why don't Men Go into Trades Anymore?

Is this a plot to make young men pussies? I mean I went to college but only for the tits, the ass, any the pussy, oh and football is cool too. I am a tradesmen and I think that's way more manly than being some stupid office drone writing E=MC-Queered in some office. I mean seriously trades is the most American profession besides professional football, why is it not encouraged more?

We start slowly the depussification of the West - it's slow but at least we have stopped it and reversed it.

Trades suck. Yeah its better than majoring in something useless, but other than that its for people with zero options in life. I know guys who work in trades they're all miserable.

Sup Forums told me I'm not allowed to join the trades because I'm nonwhite
>inbefore the "pole isnt 1 person" meeme

men in trades are cucked by people who do less work for more money and are often dumber despite going to college

>men do trade
>too many in trade that there isn't enough work to go around
>no one is in IT
>men start going for that because it pays well
>too many in IT and wages drop
>no one in trades

Rinse and repeat.

Because mass immigration killed the trades unless you're born into a union gig.

Here in Canada I work for my dad doing masonry work mostly. Repairing historic and government owned buildings, along with a few regular subcontracted jobs.

The guy makes 450,000 a year minimum, with me and my brother working for him making 30 an hour. There is huge money to be made in the trades. On par with doctors and lawyers.

Working in general is for plebs and cucks

stop

Daily reminder that Mike Rowe has a degree in fucking Communications Studies.

my nigga

but user, aren't unions COMMUNISM?

yea but the thing is, the money in trades is all nepotism now a days. boomers who made businesses and gave it off to their sons and grandkids. you cant show up and get a job that wont kick you out for a brown skin slackjawed pedro clone 2000 and expect to make enough to pay the bills, and have luxury afterwards.

shilled by a guy that has never worked a real day of work in his life.

>why don’t men go into jobs that require physical labor and don’t pay well
>why do men keep getting office jobs where they don’t go home sore and tired but get paid well
play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Trades are far better OP, you learn a skill that pays very well and you can pay off your education unlike the "superior" degree kids.

It depends what your friends are doing. Are they working for someone else, because if they are they aren't fully utilizing having a trade. The idea is to get your trade, get a few years experience and build your tools, then get a van and go alone and not deal with other peoples bullshit for up to 10 hours a day. I work for myself and you couldn't pay me enough to go work for some other man and make them money, all the while listening to some faggot talk about their life all day.

working class virtue signalling aside, there aren't a lot of tangible benefits to going into a trade rather than the office, unless it's something you really enjoy. you only make a lot of money if you're a part of the local "old boys club" of tradesman, and it's usually just as difficult to get a good trade job as it is a good office job, as far as having the right connections and qualifications go

and besides, the better technology gets the less jobs there are in a lot of these fields, and whatever job can't be automated or partially automated is going to be given to a Mexican, paid under the table for half as much as you would be paid. there just isn't much of a future in trades unless your dad owns a subcontracting company

money is the only thing made in America anymore

>Rinse and repeat.
In the USA we are at the breaking point. We need tradesmen. I am a trained and certified pipefitter/plumber/hvac guy. The money is ABSURD. Sure I get dirty, and I don't drink semen flavored coffee all day. I eat pbj sandwiches for lunch because It is simple. My total package is over $80/hour. This includes a pension and annuity. Its bonkers. Young people that want to try it have no concept of hard work. I love beating apprentices.

The reason is that kids are told not to consider trades because it's "beneath them". People in trades earn way more money than those in the scientific fields, also when you start off young, you can create your own business and earn way more by the time a medical profession gets out of school. I actually think it's best for kids to go to trade school and get a quick job early in life. That way you can get some bank and if you discover you want to do something else, you'll have the money to afford it.

Do you guys know about getting into a trade school? I'm thinking about going into one after high school but i'm a little lost.

t. hiding your crippling depression from living in a basement

My dream job was being a Cop, but the thought of getting shot at, getting sued by dinddus, getting charged by liberal judges, getting smoked by the liberal media, shit pay....and the fucking 8 year assault on law enforcement by Obama.... God bless these men and women who still want to do this shitty job!

Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK you can pick up trade jobs pretty easily. If you went through a proper apprenticeship scheme then you will get work when qualified very easily.
And no future in trades? Do you think people are going to invest millions in making a robot that can fit a kitchen, or some robot turns up at your door and fits your bathroom or hangs some wallpaper? That's a pretty ridiculous notion. If robots are going to be used to anything it's IT related because they out think us by a huge margin.

>implying trades would make a difference
t. studied for a trade I don't work in, just like the majority of people who do so.

I really wish I had gone into a trade instead of being pushed into a shitty retail job then being kicked out at 18 with bad spending habits and no concept of planning for the future.

It's always fucking something. Every job, every profession has a catch dude. I know of a few engineers working on projects 6 days a week away from family. I work 5 days a week with my mechanic teacher, if you will, get the weekends off and get to go home to my wife and kid every night. I majored in business admin. but couldn't deal with the modern ((business world)) did learn some shit though. Hope to one day set up my own shop. It's far down the road but it motivates me.

The only difference between a doctor and a mechanic is the medium in which they work.

How are you even posting here then, and more importantly: not starving and homeless?

Get onto a proper apprenticeship. Go to your local college and ask them about courses, then from there you find an employer either through the college, because they have a certain amount of apprentices each year to certain companies, or you just ring around every tradesman in your city and ask if they have work for you, and obviously explain your young and going to college but looking to get into a trade. Trades people need young and keen people, and if you chase work it's there. In the building trade you go a long way if you turn up everyday on time and want to learn.

>working for filthy jews

>Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK you can pick up trade jobs pretty easily.

i think things are different here. well-paying/skilled trade jobs are hard to get unless you know somebody who works for the company, and unskilled/semi-skilled jobs go to Mexicans willing to work for like $12 an hour (they don't pay taxes and get gov't subsidies so their cost of living is way lower than an American's, who has to pay taxes/into the health care system/gets no subsidies). there doesn't seem to be any "in-between" jobs for people who are young and maybe took a welding class in high school or even got a 9 month certification at a trade school.

>Do you think people are going to invest millions in making a robot that can fit a kitchen, or some robot turns up at your door and fits your bathroom or hangs some wallpaper?

probably not, but that's a pretty small subset of trade jobs AND somewhat low-skill, so those jobs will, as above, go to Mexicans. but there aren't going to be too many jobs in, say, home construction, when they start 3D printing our houses. there won't be a lot of truck driving jobs when we have drones/self-driving trucks. robots can already do a lot of welding jobs. robots will be able to do a lot of jobs on oil rigs.

>If robots are going to be used to anything it's IT related because they out think us by a huge margin.

probably.

I work in cabinetry, make about 50k Canada bucks a year with gradual raises every year, pretty decent considering I went into it with almost zero training and no debt. The things that suck about it is that it can be physically and mentally demanding work, it's a loud shop environment with plenty of dangerous machinery, and I'm breathing in wood and melamine dust 40 hours a week. Meanwhile my buddy who's parents paid for his schooling is making twice what I make in tech, at a company that offers free alcohol, relaxation rooms, an arcade room, gets to travel around North America and meet celebrities, and just generally has a chiller life. So it's no wonder kids are making the choice to work in an office instead of a trades job. The only thing trades has is "muh honest hard days work", and if that means my back is fucked for life because i tweaked it lifting something, I'd take the chill office job that pays twice as much if i had the choice.

Definitely going to school in a year or two to get out of trades.

Isn't it sad that you have to create these fantasies, user?

I'll never forget my mandatory 6 month apprenticeship. The boss of the place promised to pay me 50 euros every week if I worked with customers directly,
but what I got was just 55 euros for 4 fucking months of work instead. The fucker bought himself an expensive brand overall and a car with the money he promised me.
Fuck trade schools and fuck apprenticeships. Should have just went to work directly instead.

What type of mechanic work? I work along with aircraft mechanics and they're all miserable people.

And some people here complain about the Polish coming and working construction. It's never got to the point where there were no jobs, even in the recession from 2007 there was bits and pieces around. Lucky Trumps building you that wall.

maybe their daddy doesn't know someone who can get them an apprenticeship

Why do people in these threads always pretend to not know about welfare?

What do you mean

At least if you are part of an office you can be part of the working class, about the only benefit

>Should have just went to work directly instead
checked

keep the eye on the money jews... they will hyperinflate the dollar when shtf

It's shit sometimes, but in the UK at least the apprenticeship is government run, so if someone takes you on as a 16-19 year old it's the government who pays your wage. I think it's £70 a week or something, it might be more now. I personally didn't do an apprenticeship and it took me a lot longer to get my final trade after fucking around doing other trades, and I also found it harder to build a port folio of work and find work early on.

Honestly it's worth all that being a cop because cops make a shit ton of money. I would be a cop if i could. I'd even go as far as to say cops are the real 1%.

>Is this a plot to make young men pussies?
No. It is an answer to the egalitarians in their quest for total equality. We men, get to show the entire planet that the fruits of 'Feminism' are dying on the vine, as women refuse to enter any job/career choice which requires too much work, too much thought, too much planning, ....

Lot of money in trades if you are independent

Please get that degenerate picture off my screen though

Who the fuck is this redneck faggot with his bitch ass smug face
The whole paper screams "yea goy lie to yourself very good"

Where does this meme come from?
I live in my mom's basement and can't be any happier.
This year was great for videogames, there were some good anime this season.
Just give me my vr waifu and I'll be in heaven.

Living with your parents is literally the worst

>get yelled at everyday
>have stuff taken away constantly
>not allowed to do anything enjoyable
>just live

>pay thousands to go to trade school to learn a useful skill
>trade school instructors talk about OSHA, the law, honor, and loyalty to fellow tradesmen and how you'll get fucked if you don't
>after a year or two of trade school, go out to get apprenticed
>only 1/3 of all graduates get apprenticed, the others are told to go back to their old retail
>shit pay for the work, but told it's all worth it in the end
>can't get any work because half of all managers are non-white and don't hire whites(which is legal since white men aren't a protected class in the USA, unlike everyone else)
>the white managers are all union and you need family connections to get into one, no other way
>realize that you got fucked over hard by the trades meme when you see your old trade school instructor on a job all of his workers are fresh over the border
So much for the trade honor code and bullshit like that.

That's retarded. I'm a white guy that works in trades and the majority of my coworkers are black. I'm definitely not the average pol user though

Sure but that is a lot harder than it sounds. Apprenticeship can take a long time and you're not getting paid shit, and you still have to buy a van, get all the tools, etc you're talking about something that would take 15 years of hard work to get into that position.

Another thing i hate about the trades is that its nepotism run wild. Literally you need a father, uncle or close family friend to get you in. A trade school certificate is going to run you about $8,000 at the least and still no guarantee of a job.

Fucking Asi.
Watch me take your jobs, going to univeristy and taking the degree you wanted but can't get because you are too lazy to get of your fat ass.

Factory maintenance and electricians are in demand right now. I wish they would hire more. I am the only electrician on my shift and work every weekend. I am told no available candidates. Maybe truth maybe not.

Your genes will not go to the next round just so ya know

>Watch me take your jobs, going to univeristy and taking the degree you wanted but can't get because you are too lazy to get of your fat ass.
I'll also watch you work the rest of your life to sustain my gibs, so it's fine.

Everyone's fuckin miserable, it's the human condition

You won't be getting anymore gibs once President Mahmud enacts racial bias in how gibs are distributed. It's what happens here.

I used to live in my parents basement for like half a year. Sleeping in the cold is very comfy for me. Thinking about buying a housing and having my bedroom as the basement itself

Lolwut?
>Nothing beats mommy's food
>Laundry washed everyday with love
>Room always done perfectly
It's like living in a 5 stars hotel for free.
I'm sorry your family doesn't love you, user.

I am told no available candidates. Maybe truth maybe not.

i think the "shortage of laborers/tradesman" is a meme created by the federal gov't to justify free trade/immigration and isn't true at all. and i think a lot of business people adopted it as an easy excuse NOT to hire additional help where it may be needed, preferring to stretch its workforce thin to save money. if there was a real shortage, we'd see a rise in wages, which we haven't

>hey mike, i really want to work but im having trouble finding work in my area can y-
>your just lazy, get to work you stupid millennial
>but mike no one will hire me, i filled out 40 applications a week for the past 8 months
>its because your a lazy millennial, get a job. look at all these work places i visit and work at. its because i want to work
>i want to work too though mister rowe, i dont like being poor and having to eat ramen once a day to survive
>yes you do because your a lazy millennial now get to work
>d-d-d-do you have any openings that you know about in your company? can i personally work for you? i would be willing to mow your lawn for 5 bucks
>NO! NOW GET TO WORK YOU LAZY MILLENNIAL

memeing aside mike rowe is an out of touch boomer who hasnt had to apply for a job without celebrity status in decades. visiting shitty worksites is not a hard job, more so next to working them 50 to 708 hours a week. im really not impressed by this guy

get your own contracts nigger

>realize that you got fucked over hard by the trades meme
this. the only reason it pays well is it is imposible to get a job or get in union. i went to trade school got job/s. everything was 8 an hour. worked myself harder than any other job/s. just droped the shit and do the same thing as before. in debt, feels bad

How's me wageslaving going to change this from happening? Exactly.

Carpenter here. Do home remodeling with my best friend from highschool. Love it but wish Mexishits weren't undercutting our bids so damn much and dipshit home owners weren't taking the bait. Obviously we are going to be more expensive when it's 2 guys doing things the right and white way vs 12 mexishits who can't fucking hang cabinets level making some fat guido a few hundred bucks per job but is rolling 6 jobs a week.
Life is suffering sometimes in post borders America. Our only saving grace is that we are good looking, fit clean cut white men that don't have drug or much of an alcohol problem.

Most underrated post ever.

They do, they are trying to help me by negative renforciemnt but it doesn't work. Trust me i lived with my parents for a year, every day

>you fucking loser you're pathetic why you not in med school
>you fucking loser your cousin is becoming a doctor, you are stupid and ugly and smelly, why are you my son
>Living with your parents? You better get out you fucking loser

I don't normally care about stuff like that but when told it constantly by parents it kind of sucks.

He literally graduated college majoring in communications, then he did theater, voice acting and dancing in san francisco for awhile. I'm pretty sure he's gay. He's a giant hypocrite he never worked a day in his life in trades, I think he gets off to sucking blue collar type guys cocks. He seriously lives in san francisco and has never been seen with a woman.

>Why don't Men Go into Trades Anymore?
They are taught by society that trades are underclass jobs, "The Help." They don't realize that a guy in a decent trade working a little on the side will make twice as much as some corporate cuck barely making 80k at 40.

this, we're at an awkward point where the compensation for trades doesn't match their necessity, but the ((coming soon)) automation gives justification to not doing anything whatsoever to fix this. Hopefully automation comes along faster and then the problem is avoided. Unfortunately it looks like in a lot of places it'll be awhile and shit simple just won't get done. This has already been happening for a little while everywhere actually, just look at your average infrastructure in America.

I've been a carpenter for the past 30 years. Real Americans want quality, do work outside of the cities.

>get your own contracts nigger
Why bother? I might do the work of two illegals, but they can pay three illegals for the same price(which is borderline legal as it is). Who cares at this point.

Elite Tower crane operates here,earning very large portion......bosh.

>Having niggertier parents who despise you

Enjoy not having your tendies baked with love every day, pajeet.

Here's why: caste society

Men still go into trades. Those jobs are necessary for a functioning society. It's white men who aren't. Why?
>high IQ means they do well in school
>told by their teachers parents and everyone to go to college
but more importantly
>they're not Mexican
>they don't speak Spanish
>they don't know anyone in trades

A white kid has graduated high school. If he tries to get an entry level blue collar trade job, he will be applying for a $10 an hour position. Everyone he works with will be Mexican. Spanish will be the language of the workplace.

His co-workers will be living in government housing, using food stamps, taking cash assistance, and working on the table and not paying FICA taxes or income taxes.

Do you really think he is going to get hired? Do you think he'll stay long if he does?

We've stratified our society with distinct ethnoracial groups with different IQs. We also subsidize the two lowest IQ groups massively with tax money so that employers can afford to pay them less.

Mid-ability whites have gotten screwed because they aren't smart enough or corrupt enough to make money like Jews and Asians, but they won't or don't know to take welfare at the same levels that non-whites do, also, they are in more danger in low-cost neighborhoods because they are a despised minority, so they need more expensive housing.

Our government has betrayed us.

What will do when your parents die though?

>being grateful for being born in America

I mean, sure it ain't China or Sub-Saharan Africa or god forbid Canada, but fucking LOL this place is a 2nd-world dump and declining rapidly.

I graduated in 2012 from highschool. Literally the only options we were ever told from teachers, guidance counselors, and every single guest speaker that came was that there are two options. Either go to college and get a degree in stem/business, or work fast food. They talked so much shit about every job that didn't require a degree I thought that trade jobs made the same as minimum wage with more work until a year or two ago. I'm fucking pissed because I loved that kind of stuff and 100% would have gone into a trade but because of the brainwashing I got a degree in CS and spend all day doing a job I fucking hate for 11 bucks an hour with tens of thousands in college debt

Nigger, you can get most construction jobs if you seriously want to learn. We need people badly. If you're 10 mins early every morning, you're late. If you only do what you're told and not what needs to be done, you're lazy. If you have the willpower, construction is for you. it takes $140 in tools to start, but carpenters can make more than doctors.

I live on the East Coast. No such thing as getting "outside the city" when there are 5 major metropolitan cities within 3 hours of me. People are tightening up on the old purse strings around here because the housing market is fluctuating so much. Don't go full boomer on me faggot. I've been doing this for almost 20 years on my own.

Trades are for people who want to do field nigger work. The problem is a lot of white collar jobs are going to be automated.

So what truly is the most redpilled route? Is it only STEM?

Are you a fucking moron?

If you don't have connections you can keep an eye on the job board for calls to go "Open to All."

Work for 3+ months and you're a member.

Good post. If you're mexican in the US and 18 years old, you can literally walk onto any construction site and a get job that day. It will be entry level but you'll be able to move up. If you're white and try this they'll tell you they're not hiring.

nigger, your issue is working on the east coast. Repair work is mexican work.

is that Ernest?

You just have to not be a complete waste of air.
Do the garden, fix broken shit, look somewhat good. And then let the tendies flow to you

Everyone is miserable and jealous of everyone else. Constant dickmeasuring

No, worse. It's Mike Rowe.

what trades are in demand and actually pay well?

we are, but you faggots never do it. We can spot a crackhead a mile away. Smoke less pot, drink less beer, and be prepared to get your hands dirty.

Are you mocking me? And im not pajeet.

My brother did. He got into a pipefitting apprenticeship (that's welding for you desk jockey STEM nerds) right after high school. Took a few courses at a community college as part of the apprenticeship. He started out in the fab shop, passed his weld tests, did field work, became a foreman for a small crew of chicanos, and eventually came back to run the fab shop. He busts his ass but he makes damn good money and now he runs the joint. It's definitely a good route to go if you are young, hearty, and healthy. Gotta be able to handle the bants, too.

>sandwiches
"I make $80/hr and beat off on apprentices"

Nice