Romania Will Likely Hold Referendum in November to Constitutionally Ban Gay Marriage

What will the EU think?

archive.is/heEYX

Romania’s civil code forbids same-sex marriage, and civil partnerships — whether between heterosexual or gay partners — are not legal. But the constitution’s gender-neutral formulation on marriage, which defines it as a union “between spouses,” has left the legislative door open to legalizing gay marriage.

The planned vote — which could be held as early as November — is the result of a campaign by “Coalition for Family,” which brings together more than 40 groups, many of them religious or describing themselves as “pro-life.” With the backing of the influential Orthodox Church, the organization collected 3 million signatures (Romania’s population is 20 million) in just a few months in 2015, enough to take the initiative to parliament.

All major political parties in Romania have expressed support for the constitutional change, with the exception of newcomer Union to Save Romania (USR), and the initiative is expected to be approved in parliament.

As long as participation exceeds 30 percent of the electorate, a vote in favor will give the green light to constitutional change, undoing decades of campaigning by LGBTQ groups in Romania and possibly putting the country on a collision course with Brussels.

Romania’s Coalition received legal assistance from the international chapters of several U.S.-based conservative Christian groups, including the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) and Liberty Counsel.

In response to repeated requests for comment for this article, the Coalition responded with three internet links — one to an article about alleged attacks on pro-lifers, another to a video of a kink festival, and another to an article about propaganda. It gave no further information.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/12/romanian-couple-jailed-trafficking-girl-prostitution-uk
romania-insider.com/foundation-president-human-trafficking-victims-europe-come-romania/
blog.acton.org/archives/80840-the-lost-girls-of-romania-a-nation-of-sex-trafficking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is it that all these shithole Eastern European countries can enjoy all of the benefits of the EU without taking on any of the disadvantages? If you move away from EU values why in the hell are you rewarded for it, especially when your country offers absolutely nothing to the club.

What a joke.

>hold referendum
are you fucking dumb?

No?

It won't actually change anything, it will just finally clarify that we don't want degenerate behavior in our country.

>prohibition doesn't work with alcohol or firearms
>thinks the government can stop me from exchanging vows with my fiance
lol you mongs are something else

Fuck off queer larpers.

Good, i will drive my grandma and her circle of friends to vote that day just to make sure they purge this degeneracy.

>It won't actually change anything, it will just finally clarify that we don't want degenerate behavior in our country.
>flag
vino acasa,frate

>we don't want degenerate behavior in our country

Then instead of a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage you should have one banning Romania.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/12/romanian-couple-jailed-trafficking-girl-prostitution-uk
romania-insider.com/foundation-president-human-trafficking-victims-europe-come-romania/
blog.acton.org/archives/80840-the-lost-girls-of-romania-a-nation-of-sex-trafficking.html

bump

Godspeed Romania!

Tocmai ce am plecat boss

bump

Yeah, California did the same thing.

They just declared it unconstitutional and overruled them. That's how it works.

Democracy used to be about majority rule, with protections for minorities, now it's minority rule with an oppressed majority.

The only reason why fag marriage is bad is because of fag adoption, i.e. fags adopting niggers and bringing them into the country.

What about niggers and whites who adopt white kids ensuring that the black man involved won't reproduce his genes?

>banning Romania.

I support this message.

we already have this shit for years over here
but its still fucking glorious
our jews had a tantrum when the law was passed and it was hilarious.

Oh hes please ban these gay assholes. We should gas em all, but in germany we're currently ruled by globalist cultural marxist and all kinds of leftists. Gays need a bullet in the head not a ring on the finger

Fuck the (((EU))). Israel wont be thinking anything in Europe anymore soon.

The end.

Yeah, those are gypsies. Romania's answer to Pakis.

Did you know the gypsies were the only ones to mourn the death of Nicolae Ceauşescu because it meant no more free shit?

Stop wasting my time with non-issues.

>EU values

What, you mean faggotry?

Romania's population is declining as it is. Only the gypsies are breeding above replacement levels.

Gays are a convenient scapegoat for religious people since we don't have the numbers to defend ourselves in all countries against discriminatory laws.