Other urls found in this thread:

blame.jp/
twitter.com/nisikazeyou/status/755660184521940992
youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIka
youtube.com/watch?v=07iWAfjgqaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>All your favorite mangas will get adaptations
>In 3DPD

Which one of you fuckers touched the monkey's paw?

Nothing wrong when it's by Polygon.
blame.jp/

>CG

Disgusting.

For fuck's sake

Goddammit.

the Sidonia bit looked pretty cool. Hopefully it will be like that at least.

I liked Polygon's Sidonia. Looking forward to this.

>mangas

Sidonia look OK because it has a story to tell, but the core of BLAME is not the story.

That's a pretty good point, actually.

The architecture will probably be better in CG than 2D, especially since it'd probably be done in CG anyway by the 2D studio.

Hopefully Polygon does something about their stiff character animation. Sidonia was tolerable due to the mecha action, but the character animation was crap.

This is one of those anime that's pretty much objectively better with CG than 2D, there's so much detail and grit 2D just can't do consistently.

Why is this getting a movie? It was fucking awful.

the environment (aka the most important part of the visuals besides the grotesque tech) was always gonna be cgi so who cares

i just hope the film budget means it runs above 12fps and has okay animation quality

there better be a cibo figure after this goddamn fuck

I can't say that for sure. You see their faces and clothes? Just too clean.
Maybe CG is limited to add enough details.

blame.jp/
Looks fine here.

I disagree, Blame! Would look amazing if it were animated in the eighties

what if the movies 2 hours of standing in the elevator

>Blame!

And they still can't spell it right.

There's too many different areas and characters for it to be animated in the 80s, they wouldn't be able to reuse animation at all.

What if they adapt Dorohedoro in CGshit too?

Larger version of OP pic.
So... Who are the other two people?

they're from the fisherman village

Ahh, okay.
At least this confirms where they're thinking of starting it from.
I hope they'll include all the scenes with Sanakan, Pcell and Domochevsky/Iko.

larger

well sanakan is in that part so it would be weird if they didnt include her

Yeah, I meant like going all the way to the end without rushing all the fights and encounters with her.

Neat render.

Any word if its gonna have that fucking low ass frame rate like sidonia.

Sidonia looked alright if you use frame rate thing like SVP or some other codec.

Blame! might be the only manga where a CG adaptation is fine. If you've seen the preview, it looks just fine, CG works for this style.

That said some things, like pic related, I just can't see working with CG. Then again who knows how far this goes, I doubt it will cover the entire manga.

also cibo's outfit in the picture is from the part with dhomochevsky

Yeah, I realized that a bit after I posted, heh.
I really need to re-read this, got my timeline of events out of order.
Actually is Cibo's body in the key visual there the one she assimilated from Sanakan? Or was that later?
It's been years.

As a side note, the Blame wiki (not the wikia) seems to have disappeared.

>weathering is the exact same on the boots

Anyone else read his new manga? About the old guy who becomes an android and begins fighting for justice?

Inuyashiki is by the guy that did Gantz, Hiroya Oka, I think, not Blame, which is by Tsutomu Nihei

>Actually is Cibo's body in the key visual there the one she assimilated from Sanakan?
yeah it happens when they're entering toha heavy industries with the fishermen

Blame! was so fucking confusing. It's the weirdest thing I've ever read since dorohedoro.

I really need to reread it slowly.

>fishermans son is a girl now
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Most things you could take at face value.
True comprehension is impossible (what's up with the fucking fish?)

>blame.jp website is partially in English
Does this mean that I don't have to buy the Japanese BDs from YJA?

who is the character on the very left?

Someone posted this twitter.com/nisikazeyou/status/755660184521940992

But I don't even remember her in the manga.

It's the only way to adapt Blame you idiot

Thanks.

Fug I got them confused

Polygon still releases the same 12fps garbage that all other CG studios in japan do. What's even the fucking point of doing things in cg if you're gonna release that choppy garbage?

Well the trailer they showed in Sidonia looked pretty damn fantastic. The massive structures and scenery actually looked great in CGI and would've probably not looked much better if entirely hand-drawn, this isn't a Ghibli-budget film.
I'm only somewhat worried about the more detailed parts like but then again Sidonia also nailed those.

I'm pretty confident they can do this. It most likely won't be as good as the manga but I'm expecting it to be good.

since this will be a movie, the framerate might be slightly better.

The previous Blame adaptation which were some net ovas were also done in janky 3D.

I'm beginning to think Nihei just likes the idea of 3D animation since his background was in architecture and the like, so having structures properly represented is important.

>janky 3D
You haven't seen the most recent one.
This one was in the BD.
youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIka

P.S. this is Polygon's best work, graphically speaking.
Even better than Ajin.
They just keep improving dramatically every year.

Fuck I hope Sakurai voices Killy.

would you prefer it done by current berserk studio?

Gantz like ?

Are you seriously putting Polygon on the same shelf as those shitty insert-model studios?

>no real new footage or information
This new article/picture is important because ???

There's no reason to talk about this movie or predict/speculate about it when we've seen literally nothing from it nor know virtually nothing about it. And this is coming from an avid Blame fan.

> CLANG !
I'm coming back

Anyone care to explain what the background kanji are about?

I have seen that, though.
The net ovas were something ancient like early-mid 2000s iirc. It's been a while and I don't clearly remembere what even happened in them.

Janky more referred to some of the animations that felt kinda stiff at times but otherwise it was alright, I suppose.
youtube.com/watch?v=07iWAfjgqaw

In the teaser from Sidonia, Killy's walk cycle looked a bit off at the 0:34 mark, might have been the angle.

Will anyone here stop watching anime altogether when Japs fully shift to choppy, low framerate CG? It's clearly the future they've chosen.

It means that at the very minimum, character design won't be garbage.
That you can probably expect something on the level of the teaser in the Sidonia BDs.

Sidonia had great sound effects, which is fairly bizzare since its from same sound director.

>beloved seinen series (Berserk, Blame, Sidonia, Ajin) are getting CG anime while generic shounen/self-insert LN series get the normal 2D anime adaptations
Why

Being better than Berserk isn't an achievement. If it doesn't look half as good as a traditional adaptation done by Bones, Madhouse, I.G, or whoever, don't adapt anything at all.

There's an intense irony in this post, because SHAFT produces almost entirely "CG", because they use 3D models as a base, and then digitally paint over them. They have been since at least before 2006.
I don't think they even use traditional mediums anymore.

You know they could render it at any framerate they want, right? They do it as it is at the moment because that's the framerate they would do 2D animation at. Higher framerate won't make it look as smooth as 2D, There is a way to do it but I forget what it is. I think it involves changing the models a bit for every movement or something and takes a lot more effort so they just don't do it.

You clearly skipped a few words when ready my post.

Biomega when?

It shows 4 characters in a still frame, two of which are wearing virtually identical attire. How does that show us anything meaningful about character design or animation expectations?

Reading, even. I guess that's what I get for being a stupid phone poster.

There is exactly one Japanese animation that is fluid animation above 24FPS, and I can't even remember the name of it.

You do know there's a difference in how CG and traditional animation looks at lower framerates, right?

I love blame but this is probably going to be terrible, just like the anime. A good Blame adaptation, able to reproduce the feeling the manga gives, is really hard to animate. Just imagine 10 minutes of complete silence with nothing on the screen but Killy walking through corridors, or having the megasphere exploring segments completely skipped to get to the action earlier.

They look good, better than sidonia or nurserk's models.

>How does that show us anything meaningful about character design or animation expectations?
Do you know anything about 3D animation?
You probably don't.

In 3D design, once you make a character, you are done. You will never make changes to it, unless in a rare situation. This rare situation includes "A graphics update to a game after six years or so", and "A new season of anime (Sidonia season 2)"

Yeah. CG always looks crappy when animated by crappy animators, no matter what the framerate. What's your point? People on /3/ said that Berserk had "pretty good still shots" and "shitty motion" based on the PVs.

>What's your point?
That CG at normal anime framerates - like Japs keep putting out - look like shit. How did you manage to miss that when it was the entire point of my first post?

I'm fine with Blame being CG as I dont think it could work as 2d without a stupidly huge budget but this guy is correct, the framerate is just stupid.

You missed the point of my first question, and didn't comment on animation expectations.

Someone allowed Nihei to write and publish pic related. Someone signed off on this year's Berserk. Do not maintain any positive expectations about something that they won't show us yet.

Because you're being fucking stupid and you can't articulate why it looks like shit.
I'll fucking tell you why it looks like shit.
Because Japanese animators are too stupid to use Motion Capture studios. They're stupid enough to try to animate exclusively with Maya's Graph Editor. You try to make a walk cycle with your human understanding of how a walk cycle works. You fuck up because humans have a flawed understanding of the minute details that occur in a gait.
Errors becomes intensely obvious as the CG gets closer to photorealistic.

Whereas traditional animation is on training wheels because the mind doesn't give a shit about a caricature of the human body.

Reread my first post you blithering retard.

then why does dark souls 2 have worse animations than the other games when it was the only one that used motion capture

I didn't comment on animation expectations because there's literally nothing to expect other than "The teaser proves that they have the ability to produce something of this level"
So logical recourse is that "They will probably produce something of this level"

>complaining about the end
I'm not sure if you're complaining about the page in particular, because that's literally been foreshadowed since the first chapter, or if you're complaining about "shipping", which is dumb because Nihei doesn't give a shit about shipping.

>MUH FRAMERATES
>THERE'S A DIFFERENCE
Framerates have nothing to do with it, you retard.
Smooth motion can be achieved by just incorporating motion blur. American movie studios still output at 24FPS.

I was referring to Nihei's new, cancerous art style; as well as Sidonia's impossibly poor story and pacing and existence.

>Framerates have nothing to do with it
Aside from being factually wrong, you're still proving to have zero reading comprehension. You're creating arguments out of nowhere out of things I never stated in my original post.
I get that you want to share the amateur knowledge you've picked up after browsing the 3D board for a few months, but you're not going about it in the best way.

Editors were probably more than happy to learn that Nihei decided to write something mainstream for once in his life.

You prove to have zero writing capability. All you've been saying is that "THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CG AND TRADITIONAL ART" without stating what that difference is.
Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Everything I've stated should be common knowledge.

Go back and read this post once you've learned basic English and taken your pills.

>Editors were probably more than happy to learn that Nihei decided to write something mainstream for once in his life.
that is not a positive by any stretch of the imagination

>choppy, low framerate
Clearly you haven't been reading my posts.
Fuck off, nigger.
Not even going to bother with your shitty bait.

I hope your failing English grade doesn't have too much of an effect on your GPA. I know you want to get into a good college so you can further your knowledge of 3D animation.

>Nihei's new, cancerous art style
Fuck you, I like it.

Some of you fucks didn't see the preview.

How? The best part of Sidonia was clearly the action

>having structures properly represented is important
Yeah, seems like it and you know what, I completely agree. This one, I actually will happily endorse the CG.

How the fuck can she stand with that fucking high heels like that, anyway?

So what's new? Release when? Any chances that it won't bomb?

Dhomo?