Guns. Why?

Serious question, pol. And don't be a fucking pussy and scroll past because you can't be fucked to type your stance. I want really answers.

Besides hunting and self defense, why do civilians need guns at all. I understand if you have a small pistol in your drawer as as a last resort but we're talking about you guys with an arsenal of rifles in your house. Why?

pic related I guess lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/914434002345431040
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bait

to shoot people like you

You said self defense and that is the whole point. The right to life is enshrined in the Constitution. To enable us to freely execute said right, it also enshrined the right to possess weapons to protect yourself.

I wouldn't of cared bout some gun control, but after seeing what happened to Western Europe (taking away their guns first, then their freedom of speech, now ethnically cleansing them)... I will NEVER be for ANY form of gun control EVER again.

You ever fire a gun OP?
It feels like freedom.
You ever smell the sulfur?
You ever hold that awesome power in your hand?
To know that I can take life as I can give it.
That is freedom.
You have freedom of choice, I have the freedom of god.
Stay salty nigger.

to shoot ppl on music festivals from 32nd floor

No seriously guys I'm not some lib progressive cuck, I just don't have a gun and never thought about getting one. I just don't know why I'd need one. This is your chance to persuade me I guess

what would you use to stop a government from becoming tyrranical? a law written on paper that says "tyrant free zone"? and sos message to a foreign power for help? or millions of armed citizens who love their land and way of life more than life itself?

>Yeah I know that's literally in the Constitution, to perform a coup if the govt gets out of hand but honestly that shits never gonna happen either because the govt has too much power, and honestly who TF is going to rally against the govt

Fuck I greentexted by accident sorry

>I want really answers.
Then you should have proofread your post.
sage

I had someone climb through my second floor bedroom window, while I was in the room but they didn't notice me. In the same year, I had someone kick my backdoor in, blowing out the wood frame. I was also in the house while it happened.

Now I leave the fucking lights on.

OP is a faggot

>not a cuck
>doesn't own a gun
Pick one.

So what happens in the event that you do need a gun? You live in your perfect little world, unprepared. People like you are fucking worthless and don't deserve to live in America. Go to Western Europe, you cuck.

Yeah this is bait because I want answers you dense cunt

>why do civilians need guns at all
and what makes you think that here in the united states things are based on necessity?

do you need to make more at your job than you need to survive?
how come your account balance isn't zeroed out at the end of every pay period?

do you need to watch movies for entertainment?
how come you know a bunch of disney showtunes from their animated feature films?

america is not about need, it's about desire.

that's the bottom line.

>inb4 "i desire to not get shot."
then figure out a way to stop the human mind from going insane and desiring to kill people.

you're not allowed to fuck with my desire to own weaponry.

If something happens then I guess I die. I mean I live in New York there's not much I can do

It's clearly time for a change. The gun lobbies and legislatures have completely failed the United States when it comes to gun control. There are so many people armed, who are grossly unqualified or generally unfit to possess, let alone use firearms. It creates a dangerous environment for everyone - there is no debate on that fact
Still fantasizing about standing up to the government? I met a similar bunch of that type in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yeah, they had their assault rifles, some even had some bigger stuff, but it didn't matter - we crushed them. Think about your fantasy about fighting the government; against professionals you're dead and you're not taking us with you (that's why we're professionals).
The fact is: most people who have guns have never fought, nor would they fight (rise up or use whatever word you'd like), when it comes time to act. Everyone is bold when there's nothing to fear, but when it comes time to suit up, that's when we clearly identify those with courage. It's time to end the "second amendment" charade and clean up the guns.

Want to shoot guns -- really lethal and powerful guns, job the Army and you'll live your dream. You can even go into a real combat zone where you'll find out if you're the sort who fights, or the sort that hides behind the big rocks. Wouldn't that be worth knowing? I mean proving to yourself that you've got the courage to enter a firefight. It's not for the faint of heart and it's not like the movie.
Everyone is asking for background checks and assault gun restrictions. Those don’t work and really never have. It's time to repeal this joke of an amendment.

>we crushed them.
Oh yeah? So there's no more Taliban?
They won't almost certainly be back in charge of the country in a few years?

Hehe. How many of your buddies died for the jews?

>I was born a white male
>I don't even deserve to live
>being american makes it worse
if you have a suicide fetish
why the fuck do you care if other people want to live

Feel free to not own a firearm. We all have choices.

mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/914434002345431040

AR-15s are fantastic for home defense. Much easier to shoot accurately and better stopping power than a small pistol. A bit long, and a short-barrelled rifle would arguably be even better, but the law currently makes those a bit of a hassle.

Who has that image explaining how the government has zero chance against an armed citizenry? Anyway, guns are fun to shoot, they are great for personal protection, they can get you food from hunting, and THE most important reason is to be able to overthrow your government. Guns are very safe if you get someone to show you how to handle them. You will regret not having one if your house is broken into or SHTF.

Top two are wrong. What I meant is that I can't carry a gun in NYC or at least I don't think, so I'd probably die if some gangbanger came up to me a blasted me

This whole discussion is unnecessary.

Besides self-defense, sport/recreational shooting and hunting civilians don't need guns.

It's just that the state should not have the authority to ban gun ownership to it's subjects.

>hunting
What are bows and crossbows
>self defence
If you're some sort of obese beta bitch

UNDER
NO
PRETEXT

/thread

>Besides hunting and self defense
aren't those two reasons good enough?

Why so many nu-males posting antigun crap here?

@144439391

Why do Magic The Gathering nerds have tens of thousands of cards in their house when just a couple of hundred would handle all their needs?

Why do model train hobbyists have dozens or even hundreds of trains in their home when only 1 or 2 would do?

Fuck off with your shilling bait.

Apart from that the only effective weapon for self defense purposes i could aqquire easily would be a semi-automatic handgun. I would need to keep it locked away in my house and i would very likely face prison time because the court would rule that there was another less violent then to shoot. Getting a private carry permit in Germany is nearly impossible, so if i decide to carry in public i had to break the law.

I had the luck to learn about guns in a positive way since my father was in the military and my mother has a hunting permit and we own guns ourselves.
But I would be alot more confident with a Semi-Auto or even Full-Auto Rifle if there is an Intruder in my home then with our Double Barrel Shotguns or a Bolt Action K98

You should already know the answer, you stupid motherfucker.

"Shall not be infringed" should be clear enough to a low-test beta faggot like you.

>Besides hunting and self defense, why do civilians need guns at all.
How many legitimate reasons, in addition to the two you already mentioned, do you need to be satisfied?

Obvious slide thread is obvious

It has nothing to do with hunting or self defense.

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
-Tench Coxe, 1792

>inb4 "i desire to not get shot."

You just shoot em right back

incase idiots like you demand the government become a tyrannical psychotic asshole and do some pretty dam terrifying stuff.

By the way, how well did that work for the war on drugs?.. Massive failure?...Really? well then fuck off, unless you want a civil war. From my cold dead hands. If you want to take that RIGHT away, Kill yourself and have a long talk with god about it.

>hunting
>self-defense against anyone, including an oppressive government, flashmobs or multiple home invaders (this is where rifles and arsenals are necessary)
>shooting or gunsmithing as a hobby

bzzz

mostly just self defense, probably will never use my bigger guns but never hurts to have a few just in case.

when the antigun says that the founders had no idea of what weapons would be created after their deaths, they fail to realize that while the founders thought of a brown bess when they thought "gun", they also thought of nonconsensual taxes when they thought "tyranny". In the last century, we've seen automatic firepower be shrunk down to be light and affordable enough to give to every rifleman. We've seen the shots carried go from 40 in the founder,s time to 400 today. In the last 100 years we've also seen governments enslave entire continents, wipe out millions of people over minority status and spy on every single person under their regime with data mining.
The weapon is greater, but so is the threat.

>but we're talking about you guys with an arsenal of rifles in your house.
..for hunting?