Are the Endless Eight really that bad that you should skip a few of them or should you just watch them if it's your...

Are the Endless Eight really that bad that you should skip a few of them or should you just watch them if it's your first watch through of the whole series?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tEBW2QDK!Hj-A9fnCRC-XTnK8W5sEsSzg7stxdYZ_a-cX2DY_K_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

No. You are a faggot if you don't watch them all.

It's the same episode with the same plot and same dialogue 8 episodes in a row.... With slight changes.

Just watch the damn episodes. It makes the ending of the 8th episode strike a chord.

They aren't bad in any case, but if it's really bothering you there's really no harm in skipping some of the middle episodes. You aren't going to miss anything important.

Skipping is for literal faggots.

I watched one a day and loved them. Couldn't get enough of that summer holiday feel.

Skipping episodes is dumb, in any show, in any medium.

Don't be a pussy. Watch them all as we did.

Watch them all you weakling

E8 is a top tier metaplot experiment. Skip it if you just don't give a fuck. I loved every bit of it, the small but well planned differences have a really powerful effect and draw a bigger picture that it's fun to see in its entirety.
But, I guess, it's okay if you don't really care about the few little things that make haruhi a masterpiece and just watch it for the fun, do whatever with your time.

Watch the first and the last.

Nah, you should watch at least four episodes to get at least the partial intended effect.

One of them (I think the fourth) had a very different atmosphere. You should at least catch that one.

It's unfair to concentrate just on E8. Sigh also has weak spots, and I bet a lot of people back then were pissed at Someday in the Rain for stuff like having Yuki sit alone in the room for three minutes and not speaking a single word over the whole episode.

It also had pic related. Currently trying to figure out what the non-Slayers stuff in it is. (also got the succubus girl from Ninomiya-kun)

Endless Eight is plausibly the first meaningful artistic statement of the twenty-first century.

>I bet a lot of people back then were pissed at Someday in the Rain for stuff like having Yuki sit alone in the room for three minutes and not speaking a single word over the whole episode.
I loved that scene and that episode. I don't understand why people say it's a poor ending for people watching in the 2009 order. It's great.

This might or might not be true but anyway this is not the reason you should or shouldn't watch it.
Knowing something is "art" and not enjoying it is pointless and easily creates distance between the audience and the art piece.

Who the fuck cares. E8 is enjoyable if you like the idea behind it and the execution.
If you don't, you don't.
Sup Forums will feel compelled to ay you have shit taste for any preference you express so why even bother

It IS art tho.

What about recap episodes?

Also, I like to think that in at least a few hundred of the cycles, Yuki just said fuck it and banged the shit out of Kyon.

I just finished my latest rewatch in chronological order, and most of the episode feels really empty and drawn out. Kyon's commentary is missing for the club scenes since he's out. There's lots of room for Mikuru fanservice, but the episode doesn't really capitalize on it (bad for Mikurufags like me, but probably intended) Haruhi is just Haruhi. Itsuki is just Itsuki and lets her be.

The only strong parts are the last two minutes and what the episode tells us between the lines. It isn't that much of a pleasure to watch though. And like all of S1, it works better in broadcast order.

Lets face it. Nothing can beat the feeling of actually watching the Endless eight as it aired back in 2009. The agony of never knowing when that was going to end, and the anger of realizing those repeated episodes were eating up space of story development.

I remember by the 5th week, after one fucking month rewatching the same thing I got totally triggered and just fast skipped the episode to see if there was any change.
I imagine it would be even more revolting if you were actually watching it on television back in Japan and didn't have a DVR.

You can't get the same frustrating feeling watching the series years later for the first time. Those that realize that are probably just trolling the newfriends into wasting their time watching the endless eight knowing that it would last 8 episodes.

Stop being salty and/or autistic.

Just do it faggot

around 5 episodes into it I just decided to look at shit on my phone while it was in the background

I don't know user, why don't you watch them and tell me what you think.

>I loved every bit of it,
>I loved every bit of it,

How is that autism going?

Watch them all faggot.

user-kun, denwa!

Watch them. It's not bad at all when you know what you're in for and can go through it at your own pace.

>watching anime

Endless 8 is literal masterpiece

No, the trick is to take a day and marathon all eight episodes. Three hours in, you'll know the same despair as those who watched it when it aired.

And it's been said many times, but the slog of the back half of the series (broadcast or chronological, really) is part of what makes Disappearance work so well. The contrast between the three hours of action in the movie and the three hours of ennui in Endless Eight is stunning.

That's my favorite episode. The misdirect at the end with the cardigans is fantastic, but the episode only really make sense in its context as setup for the film. Once you've seen the movie then come back and watch Someday it's pretty fucking thrilling.

This really is the point, you're not supposed to enjoy it. The whole point is that it forces the viewer to experience the same emotions as the character. You're no longer a passive viewer, you're an active participant in Haruhi's chaos. The whole show is about blurring that line, just as the movie is as much about the audience's relationship with the show and with Haruhi as it is about Kyon's relationship with Haruhi.

I still think Endless Eight was one of the biggest shitstorms I've ever seen on Sup Forums, if you weren't here when it aired then you'll never really understand.

So much excitement over the second season, then so much anger as it dawned on us all that Kyoani were genuinely gonna do eight episodes of that shit.

I first watched this in chronological order, is it worth it to watch it in broadcast order?

This.
SiTR is 10/10, only second to Live Alive. The visual storytelling is just that great.

>Three hours in, you'll know the same despair as those who watched it when it aired.

Not unless you force yourself to watch one episode a week, starting off with no prior knowledge of the eight episodes of bullshit, and having waited fucking ages for the season to even be announced. All these years later and I still feel slightly angry thinking back to it.

Watch all 8 episodes at least once, if only so you can experience a fraction of what we suffered when it was airing. Skip episodes 3-7 on future reviewings

Watching endless eight was supposed to be make you hate both Haruhi for being a dick and Kyon for being indecisive, and pity Nagato because she experienced the not-really-same situation for more than 15000 times.
Then you can enjoy fully watching Disappearance.

I wish I had done this.

mega.nz/#!tEBW2QDK!Hj-A9fnCRC-XTnK8W5sEsSzg7stxdYZ_a-cX2DY_K_E

Watch em, it'll add to the feels once you come to the end. And looking for differences is fun also.

>tfw I missed the thrill of watching Endless Eight with Sup Forums

I watched all 8 of them.
It's a waste of fucking time.
Not even the movie could make up for that shit.

>tfw remember making this thread about 8 years ago
I feel trapped in an endless void

The most devastating episode in anime is a recap episode.

there is a doujin of that

>Watching the same re-used garbage
>The biggest middle-finger in history
>even themselves asked for apologies for giving such a lazy production to their fans

kek, you kyofags are really the embodiment of autism, never change

>asukafag doesn't know what he's talking about
cool

>being a huge faggot
Literally zero assets or shots are shared between the episodes except the story, but you already knew that.

Endless Eight was the most shameless attempt at squeezing cash out of the fucking morons who watch it that I was actually impressed by the balls on Kyoani for doing it. They actually had people defending them playing the same episode eight times in a row, and paying them for the privilege of having it on Blu Ray.

If Haruhi fans had any shred of self respect that should've made them boycott Kyoani forever, but they're Haruhi fans so they have no self respect and ate that shit up

>squeezing cash
Except not one frame, one shot, or one piece of design were shared between any of the episodes so basically 90% of the production was done from scratch for all eight.

Endless Eight gave me hemorrhoids

I am now addicted to Preparation H