Starship Troopers

>released in 1997
>suspicious 9/11-style asteroid attack that no one questions
>everyone is happy to march off to war against retarded bugs that live in caves which were somehow responsible for the attack
>soldiers underprepared, thinking it will be easy quick in and quick out job, get promptly BTFO by bugs
>get forced into for a long and bloody war/occupation against cave desert bugs who have no idea why they are being invaded

How redpilled was this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk
archive.org/details/StarshipTroopersRobertHeinlein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Yes

The book is infinitely better and more redpilled

>suspicious 9/11-style asteroid attack that no one questions
Explain... bugs send the asteroid

Would you like to know more?

False flag

This. If there's one book that should be recommended reading for /pol it's Starship Troopers

thats exactly what the federation wants you to think

Are you retarded?

It's literally a satire of white, conservative America in the 90s.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a parody of fascism. Still a dope ass movie with cool music though.
youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk

Whoa, all these years I thought the projectile bugs were responsible. But, those bugs don't launch asteroids, do they?

How did the bugs send an asteroid from the other side of the galaxy? It would have taken them millions of years to hit Earth, thus being launched well before humans even were sentient, let alone space-faring.

Really makes you think.

It's the best Nazi Propaganda movie since the actual nazi days

It was softening up the American public for a war with Iraq.

Look at the way it propagated routine neonatal circumcision which we know white Americans are crazy about.

Yes, the faggot who directed it tried to make the film a satire on fascism while people hilariously rolled with it and rooted against the bugs thus completely cucking his intended message.

>he STILL thinks the bugs didn't hit Buenos Aires with an asteroid
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!

>Look at the way it propagated routine neonatal circumcision which we know white Americans are crazy about.

Nigga what

The faggot that directed Robocop.. what have you directed, loser?

You deny they're crazy about it?

So did the author imply that it was a false flag? Or did the director's screwed up?

oh, shit....I need to watch this movie again. Was always my favourite scifi flick growing up. Seen this shit in theaters with my dad as a kid.

Don't the bugs spread by launching eggs and spores randomly out into space though?

What's even more of a mystery is how this movie even exists, as it was produced by Jizzney.

Imagine the kikes releasing this today. I sure cant.

Somehow, they managed to make the kike censor fall asleep or find a way through when he wasnt looking.

>t.never read starship troopers

i bet you also hate District 9
kys

Yes this. The book is excellent.

Yeah but they reproduce very slowly, and there aren't any near Earth, the galaxy map that shows the Bug Empire has them on the other side of the galaxy, so 100,000-ish light years away from Earth. Since an asteroid travels slower than the speed of light, it would have taken them millions of years to hit the Earth.

The director completely changed the author's message and made it a tongue-in-cheek parody of the book. The book is totally different to the film.

Robocop is overhyped to hell and back, Verhoeven's only legitimately excellent job in directing was in Hollow Man.

The director was a Jew who made it space Nazis, as opposed to the book where the Terran Federation was a blend of Fascist nationalistic values but American libertarianism in society, a strong emphasis on competition. The bugs where commies, literally described in the book as "A colony is perhaps the perfect communism, but even then there's the caste." But overall the movie was fun and cheesy enough to be aged but aged well, so I really hope they don't remake a book accurate movie because that'd be boring shit.

Diz's tits.

No, in the book the bugs attacked with a ship or spore-infested asteroid. They also had spaceship bugs, like the undine in Star trek, and literally pushed the Federation to the brink of collapse. There were also minor aliens called the skinnies who took the role of Italians and changed sides halfway through.

I saw my first pair of movie tits while watching this. Nise.

it is a satire, but it was too smart and the left thinks its fascism propaganda.

just finished the book a few weeks ago, you can't call yourself redpilled until you read it.

nph is literally dressed like a nazi, so comfy

>the left thinks its fascism propaganda.
Wait? You can't be serious. I mean, I know lefties are legit a retarded hivemind.... but still

Have you seen the new starship troopers. The skymarshal (some woman) trys to get mars BTFO so she can justify more war. And she only gives a shit about her ratings on the polls.

the movie was supposto be like making fun of the right, fascism, military industrial complex, ect. but when it was released the left reeeeeeeeeed hard about how this movie was promoting fascism, although i was younger I remember this movie getting savaged by the film critics.

They fight 'skinnies' , basically africans in the book, primarily with flamethrowers, many lolz were had

I guarantee that I'm older than you (actual oldfag) and I remember it being savaged because it was over the top, not for racism.... then again I was an alcoholic around that time so I could be wrong

>racism
>outing myself as a phone poster
I mean facism... apparently jewgle prefers (((racism)))

Yeah, the book will put some hair on your chest

racism against bugs is no laughing matter m8 BLM.
I remember one reviewer calling them nazis or glorifying nazis, made me want to see the movie more.
and that shower scene!

Not very if you read the book.

Compared to the book, this movie is for mongoloids.

Yup, I remember reading this a few years back, a lot of the 'history and moral philosophy' lessons and such were quite good.

also Argentina is white

The real redpill is that the Federation launched a meteor at their own city to justify a war. The proles need a unifying cause against an external threat, should they turn against their oppressors at home.

I rewatch this movie on a biyearly basis, so damn good, it's impressive how the CGI still holds to this day

>defending the moview book
There is a really messed up shower scene in both that made me scared to join the army. It's in my experience anti army propaganda

The uniforms were inspired by WWII German ones. The intelligence guys are wearing Gestapo clothing while the pilots are wearing SS panzer wraps.

Shower scene made me scared of public showers. Also made me scared of the army in general

this was the last movie with minimal cgi, when she flies the little ship through the bigger one, its all a scale model (except for the little ship).
I totally agree with you the effects twenty years later are still good.
that shower scene was why i joined the army

hugo boss in the early 40's is definitely /ourguy/

use the spoiler tag next time assmunch

>being this newfag

Are the sequels worth watching or no? Do they have any tits as rockin' as Diz's?

no and no

Sequels are fucking terrible, don't watch.

I don't think Paul Verhoeven is Jewish

I've never actually made it through either of the sequels, and I've seen the first one enough to recite it by heart. Spare yourself the agony.

This, here are a few quotes from the book:

> “Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”

>“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”

> “To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster.”

> “When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.”

> “Under our system every voter and officeholder is a man who has demonstrated through voluntary and difficult service that he places the welfare of the group ahead of personal advantage.”

> “Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

Amazing book, HIGHLY underrated and I'm surprised it's not talked about on here more. It's actually required reading for 4 out of our 5 military officer academy's.

So can anyone explain how this is satire on nazis or whatever? Seems to me that the bugs are clearly evil, and even if they weren't a bug is repulsive enough to make anything seem better in comparison. Is this about the asteroid 9/11? Is this about how you have to serve in the military to earn citizenship? I quite honestly cannot pick up a trace of satire in this movie.

What shower scene in the book? Not ringing a bell.

>required reading for 4 out of our 5 military officer academy's
How is a work of fiction required reading for a fucking war school?

HEY LOOK A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO REGENERATE THE FORESKINS HEY YOU TWO LOOK LOOK AT THIS

>How is a work of fiction required reading for a fucking war school?

Did you read any of the quotes I posted? This book is much more than just fiction, look at the message it's sending. It sends a lot more than just that. It was written as a response by a redpilled writer who was mad that America had quit producing Nuclear weaponry while the Soviet Union had continued the production on theirs a few days prior.

The message that this book sends is a message that every NatSoc and patriot would love, even if it is fiction.

>how is a book about ideas that might have value outside the book

There are many spectacular Russian authors, so I know you're not all this retarded. Get yourself together Vladimir.

Director of the movie used the libshit logic of "anyone who is right of me is a literal nazi" so he decided to make the movie a parody and make the uniforms look like nazi ones. That being said, it's still a fucking awesome action movie.

If it preaches certain ideologies that goes well in a military structure.

best movie ever.

So basically the entirety of the satire is contained in the fact that they're wearing nazi uniforms? How is the message of the book different from the movie if at all? Because it seemed to me that it was pretty much in line with those quotes that other user posted. Was it really just "hurr I'll make the good guys wear nazi uniforms, nevermind that they're actually right"?

Fucking Ayy.
Younglings, ya best fixing to read this book. It's not even that long to y'all unfortunate A.D.D. types.
Can Denise Richards be more;
>Æ S T H E T I C [][]∆
Dang. I was 7 in 1997, yet... Still hella crushed on her hard, boy I'll tell ya.

Verhoeven is a complete faggot.
He made the movie to mock or satirize Heinlein's vision of the story. Thankfully most people either thought the movie was stupid or didn't get his "point."

Yeah, but you'd imagine your military is supposed to stay apolitical, and making your officers read a right-wing book where the author backs his ideological convictions with fiction, not fact, seems to be pretty far from that. What if your people vote for a left-wing government tomorrow? Meanwhile all your officers are right-wing. That would get you dangerously close to a military coup.

I saw the movie when it first came out. It had a weird vibe re sci fi but am a fan and liked it. Had no idea it was a Heinlein story.

>Chad Troopers

what're you fucking gay?

The book is only considered right wing because it is duty-oriented and nationalistic (in a sense). The traditional dichotomy of left/right only applies here because the left have become faggots of no nation in the last 40 years. Its not like the book explicitly recommends capitalism or something. Most of the monologues are on the nature of rights and responsibility rather than any partisan politics.

Yeah that would be a real shame. Total tragedy. Would really suck if that right wing military rose up and formed a government in spite of civilians.

If only there was a book about it.

Which starship troppers did you watch? Because I saw the one about a society that is a blend of exactly what you're describing. What the fuck do you think the shower scene was meant to portray? And the fact that both men and women were on the frontlines?

Also Paul Verhoeven is the biggiest anti-jew thats ever existed. How the fuck do you come up with your opinions? They're just fucking wrong on all levels.

brb library run

It's nice to think that even though they tried to make it shitty, the concepts and philosophy of the book shone through and subverted their subversion.

Same thing as fight club. Apparently the author was a hyper fag that was trying to shit on masculinity, but he was working with ideas and archetypes that overpowered his snark.

archive.org/details/StarshipTroopersRobertHeinlein

I personally use the PDF format.

I don't know if its in the book but they surely mean the male and female recruits casually showering together.

Thats not in the book, the only real discussion of gender is the fact that women make better pilots for physiological reasons to do with reaction time. The boots on the ground, grunt sections are male only.

So basically the director of the movie was attacking his own misinterpretation of the book when he dressed them into nazi uniforms. It's all a bit dumb, and I get a feeling I'm missing something.

I was going to give it a read anyway, seeing how it's often recommened on Sup Forums; I guess now is as good a time to start as any.

I wanna orgy in that shower.

Nope. The book was about an all male infantry unit. There were female military. I believe the main character went out on a date with a friend from school. I believe that was suppose to be Denise Richards character as there was mentioning of women making better spaceship pilots. The female character in the book had a shaved head because being weightless in space with hair is a pain in the ass. It was a minor part of the book. The rest of it was infantry guys in infantry only bootcamp and then infantry in combat. Some mention of telepaths like Neil Patrick Harris character. Clancy Brown's character was suppose to be a tough guy but not necessarily a big guy. Not sure about that last part. There were several Sergents in the book. Oh and K9 units.

>another faggot that doesnt read books

The best way to watch Starship Troopers is to take everything 100% literally, because it utterly fails as a satire.

Fascism is awesome and sexy. Gas the hives, bug war now!

The sequels suck. NO fucking imagination to the storyline.

That actually happened circa 2040 in the book.

Lmao reading is for fucking nerds lmao

Are there any other redpilled scifi books or movies that you guys would recommend?

Only good thing about this movie was Buenos Aires being destroyed

The book has a lot of important concepts in them. No specific political parties mentioned only that the civilians fucked up everything. Which they do. Trivia: Heinlein was a naval officer. Medical discharge. His brother was an army officer and went on to become a general.

The book only had men in the MI, hence why the Mermaid Effect was referenced a lot when Rico was on R&R after camp.

how on earth is that anti-army?

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and The Forever War

> (OP)
>>suspicious 9/11-style asteroid attack that no one questions
>Explain... bugs send the asteroid
Jesus, you're fucking dense.