Why are female characters in anime so much more interesting than women in western media?

Why are female characters in anime so much more interesting than women in western media?

They're cute

I want to lick their feet.

Females in anime are also better than women in Japanese media.
It's just that 2D happens to be perfect.

Memes aside they aren't.

You're just young enough to be attracted to young girls instead of women, and don't know enough about the world, or women, to understand them beyond basic archetypes designed to provoke arousal in teenagers. Your brain is still developing, give it time.

Because feminism has zero influence in Japan.

You could say it's just adolescence

>Why are female characters in anime so much more interesting than women in western media?

Because they're mostly designed, written and drawn by men and for men.

Because they're not trying to bust your balls at every opportunity, which seems to be a requirement of "strong independent womyn" in the west. Because they're still made to be women and not pseudo-men.

Because these girls are almost always made to be perfect physically and given many, many personality attributes and abilities that normal women could never achieve? This also applies to men, the men in anime are almost always strong, confident, awkward but charismatic, great personalities, and an almost impossible to pull off fashion that normal men could never pull off. You're a failure as much as real women are failures.

Okay cuck.
Shouldn't you be attending to your wife's son?

>Condesending answer

You're a fucking twat. You don't even know how old OP is. Fact is, these two are more interesting than 90% of Hollywood characters. Said 90% of hollywood characters are at least liked or loved by countless "adults with fully evolved brains".

Worst part is Hibikes aren't really that deep, they're fairly simple characters yet they stand heads above the usual garbage characters that most of the adults love.

Look at this character for instance. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and dark skin and an almost perfect physical form. This combination is extremely, extremely rare in reality but in cartoons its possible.

European women are okay. American women are scums though.

Assuming I have a son and wife. How cute.

Simply characters that aren't all that interesting are better than fully developed characters in movies.

I knew Sup Forums had a nice crop of dumbfucks but you take the cake in retardation.

because you're a manchild that can't handle a real woman

So you're telling me that The Hibikes are worse characters than say Black Widow Megan fox in Transformers?

No user you're the dumb fuck. The Hibikes are like a beacon of literature to the shit that is consumed by most people.

lol gross
now THIS is perfection

*Black widows (avengers) or Megan Fox

Fuck getting tired.

Using an extremely shitty example to bolster your crappy argument.

As I said before retardation.

Bodies like this are literally 1:100,000 in the 3D world. In anime, almost every girl is drawn to the artists idea of perfection.

you're replying to either bait or an actual tumblerina
why are you doing this to yourself?

You're also a pseudo-pedophile.

wtf?

The fuck are you on about? Both Transformers and The Avengers are extremely popular movies and none of the characters in these mpvies hold a fucking candle to HE! characters. Obviously there are some good movies that get popular, but this is why I used the figure 90%.

Face it fuck face you had a shit arguement

Whatever you say retard. This convo is over, I won't be arguing with the mentally challenged anymore.

They're not 3DPD.

You heard me.

You're right user, though I think that guy is genuinely retarded and not baiting.

>I never had an argument, haven't given any counter argument and now I'll run away like the little coward that I am.

>lol
>wtf
Drink bleach.

if you dont find nico cute you're just lying to yourself
and that cannot be healthy

Shes cuteish but shes not perfect or attractive. Shes silly looking.

are you being serious right now?
please post what a 'attractive'anime character looks like

Attractive is subjective I just don't find little girls attractive like you, pseudo-pedophile.

your mind must be in turmoil right now, truly titanic denial at play here. you might just crack at any second

Because animango makes it easy to get caught in delusions.

Characters rarely have a long list of diverse flaws and are obviously designed to please and cater different tastes while most men/women in rl are in no position to pick their perfect husbando/waifu and need to take whatever they might find in their range as a suitable SO.

For why western characters < animango characters, it's a matter of taste first and second animangos can offer you literally anything you wish to worship.

Because girls in anime actually do interesting things like playing music, driving tanks, stand up comedies, or trying to save the world. They have personalities, even if simplified archetypes like the tsundere, kuudere, etc.

Girls in real life just care about mundane crap like the next fashion trend they want to follow.

>why are women written by men so appealing to men?
>why are men written by women so appealing to women?

Because they can be interesting, while being cute/sexy and without having to do the "stronk woman that need no man" or any other sort of political commentary.

I would dare say women in anime are generally portrayed as more capable, interesting and likeable than your average female in Western media.

There's too much variety in western TV and movies to really say, their best written women are better than the best written anime but for every good drama or comedy there's a lot of trash.

That said, there is a significant amount of female characters who are absurdly bland and boring to an extent that western characters just aren't. Reason being that nips love meek, docile girls, which is fine, but it doesn't make for interesting characterization- just good waifubait. The west usually has more sexualized and proactive eye candy because they aren't expecting to profit off the audience wanting to waifu them up (just fuck them).

>their best written women are better than the best written anime
What are some examples?

The reason is because of the art style coupled with adult themes that are more prevalent in Japanese animation. There aren't many western cartoons intended for an adult(or even young adult) audience, that cover mature themes, and even less that have art styles that can indicate a character is sexy. Western cartoons intended for an adult audience(think Archer, Futurama, etc) may have some adult themes but their animation doesn't make me desire their females.

Western female characters are all thinly veiled metaphors for feminism. Ghostbusters demonstrates this perfectly.

The problem is in the west all female characters must fit into this insanely specific, hyper-masculine stereotype. They're not feminine, they're not nice, they're not even attractive or thin, they just stick their tongue out, flip the bird, and scream "Hurrr! I'm so strong!"

Meanwhile in anime you've got character's like Chihaya, a girl who doesn't sacrifice her femininity, isn't obsessed with boys, works hard to achieve her goals, refuses to win by default and wants to earn her victories, is a good friend, isn't defined by her sexiness, and isn't an infallible Mary Sue. She's pretty much the perfect role model for young girls, but no, according to the west role models should be Amy Schumer and Taylor Swift.

>anime
>adult themes
pick one

But they aren't.

>user explains the degradation of western women in a single post about anime.

Because drawings are drawn with ideal proportions in mind. Save for when you don't want your character to look appealing. Aka Dekus mom isn't very attractive (except to the milf faggots) in the anime but yet if we were to have a woman with similar proportions in real life, the real life woman would look more appealing I reckon - It's just how drawings works Sup Forumsnon.

something something man giving woman honor and other man shit

Season 3, when?

Because they lack a dimension

>Young
>28.5 years old and almost a wizard

>Liking 3d women

Did you get lost?

how do I find and romance a girl just like Kumiko?

[citation needed]

First, get really good at trumpet.

I think to simplify what you're trying to say:

In the West, female characters are tools to push an author's narrative. In the East, female characters are female characters.

>interesting
Of all the adjectives you could have chosen, you picked this one.

you'd have to leave your house, user

>tfw you had the chance way back in elementary and middle school to play instruments and git gud
I gave up that chance already, senpai.

This is wrong. Asia just hasn't ditched traditional gender roles. Japanese 3D are trash but Chinese and Korean women definitely "perform" as cute, homely and innocent, even down to employing vocal quirks and such, just like anime girls. Some easteen yuropoors too.

It's just natural and it's not like a big act, it clearly becomes second nature. It's like fashion style. And it's not always evoking lolis, some go for elegance and things like that. Western women have lost interest in any traditional seductiveness, but it's obvious in the past they used to be just as devoted to it, especially in the upper classes. Now they barely even bother learning to wear makeup properly or work their bodies or dress well, they rely mostly on manipulating men with sex.

it's never too late user, don't let your dreams be dream solisters, just DO IT

This is true. Only if you go back to Hollywood's golden age can you find waifu tier women. Marilyn Monroe was probably the silver screen's first. Femme fatale might as well have been the American tsundere as a popular waifu archetype

>in the west female character are actual people. in the east female characters are used to pander to otakus.
fixed

Kumiko is such a great girl/character that looking at her just makes me depressed. I want a Kumiko.

You know what must be done

Now THIS is perfection

DEM LEGS

>actresses are average people taken off the street

Pic related in any of her appearances in Leos Carax' first 3 films (Boy Meets Girl, Bad Blood & Lovers on the Bridge)

Also Beatrice Dalle in Betty Blue. Watch them user, you won't regret it, I have great taste

skip Boy Meets Girl, it's inaccessible if you're unfamiliar with French new wave which it sort of deconstructs

I understand what you're saying but T.S. isn't really the spitting image of feminism or man-hating woman that you're saying western characters are like. She's hardworking (to the point where she designed 1989 by herself and didn't allow anyone to change it), open about her problems (at least in lyrics), shows her weaknesses in her songs without seeming like a helpless weak girl. There might be a lot of drama surrounding her but I don't think she fits the stereotypes of strong independent woman that don't need no man.

Everyone is getting defensive as fuck and shitting on this post, but he's right.

Anime women are literally cookie cutter archetypes.

You know how in western media they don't have words like tsundere that can completely sum up someones personality in one go? Yeah.

>You know how in western media they don't have words like tsundere that can completely sum up someones personality in one go?
Bitch, whore, etc. etc.

You're watching the wrong anime. Yes, there is an absolute shitton of harems with characters that can be summed up completely with a single word like "tsundere", "kuudere" etc etc. But OP is not talking about shitty generic harems. Hibike doesn't have the deepest characters ever made, but they're miles away from the kind of shitty harem cliche characters you're talking about.

>convo

Reddit please go

This is nice Sup Forums raid