Christians its time for us to unite as one body in Christ

Jesus said ..."Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." Matthew 12:25

As Christians we know dark times are in store for us and in all likelihood are not far off. If we are to endure the trials to come we must not be Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, or Coptic but be united as one body in Christ. While our understanding of the texts and traditions may differ we all should understand that it is Jesus's sacrifice on the cross that saved us from our sins and our faith in him alone will lead us to salvation.

In Luke 23:39-43 we see that one of the thieves who was crucified next to Jesus was told by Jesus "Assuredly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." and while we know little of this thief we know that he acknowledged he was guilty of his crimes and receiving a just punishment but that Jesus was innocent and asked that Jesus remember him when he comes into his Kingdom. This man may never have been baptized, took communion, or even heard or seen Jesus during his ministry but by repentance and faith in Jesus he was accepted into the Kingdom of Heaven. And if this man who never kept the traditions we keep today, can be saved then we should acknowledge that the traditions we keep have no bearing on our salvation and should not let them divide us as a Church.

I doubt a full merger of our Churches may ever happen until we enter the Kingdom of Heaven but if we can at least acknowledge that whatever Church you attend if you place your faith in Jesus Christ and repent of your sins you will be saved then as Christians when the dark times come we can lean on the shoulders of the believer next to us whatever denomination he originates from.

There will only be one Church in Heaven so we should stop bickering about petty differences in our faiths and trust and pray that if any part of our worship is found wicked in God's eyes he will make it known to his followers.

God bless

Other urls found in this thread:

theopedia.com/atonement-of-christ
youtube.com/watch?v=VcpW7ijTWNg
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/did-christ-have-to-suffer
youtu.be/ifn9QfX3RPE
youtu.be/vAyA-ymGbTs
catholicbible101.com/thesevensacraments.htm
youtu.be/I98SDiZC72E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You got it wrong when you divided it into Catholicism, Evangelicalism, Orthodox and all the rest.

What makes you think GOD gives a shit about your (((kiked))) religions?

>Because he doesnt.

None of these pdeudo-religions which got undermined by (((them))) will stand - they will cripple like all of you faked religions.
Only true faith will prevail, nothing else. No buildings, no popes or any of your religious leaders thats damn sure. And I'm pretty sure no moronic bible thumpers too.

We all know not the plan and time so whatever you make up here is forfeit. It stems from you, not God.

This isn't you retard. Nobody wants your drivel here.

I'm 100% sure Christianity was meant to be ironically worshipped, now I got beta ass fucking white males who can't score a girl, worshipping a religion,a shitskin in the middle east, and some god damn nigger called GOD.

I believe in Christ but I don't understand the sacrifice. Help be because I believe in his message and I believe in what he says about God. Why did he have to die?

God Bless you user! We are in agreement! Christians must unite to fight the beast!

There may not be strength in diversity but there IS strength in decentralization.

Divine revelation tells us that Christ dies for the forgiveness of our sins. It doesn't eleborate further.

Many theologeans and doctors have put forth theories as to what exactly "dying for our sins" means, but there has never been consensus.

I don't think even the Magesterium of the Catholic Church has an official position.

You can look up the various "atonement theories" as they are called. Here is a summary of a few of them:
theopedia.com/atonement-of-christ

But atonement is just another mystery of the faith,

Jesus wasn't a Christian. The message of the bible is for all humans.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcpW7ijTWNg

The thief on the cross didn't need to be baptized because the Church hadn't started yet, Jesus was still alive. Jesus performed a miracle for him and forgave his sins.

Replaced temple sacrifices. You don't have to pay to be forgiven anymore. Judaism was literally shekels in, forgiveness out. But Jesus paid infinitely. He took the place of the Passover lamb. Forgot the details but this is why he was given wine while dying on the cross before saying "it is finished."

catholic and orthodox retards are ruining this board

Off yourself heretic.

He will judge you.

In truth I'd be lying if I said I know how exactly dying on the Cross saved us from our sins but God's ways are not our ways so the how behind it isn't what really matters. What matters is that out of love for us sinners God sent his Son to die a gruesome and painful death at the hand of the very people he hoped to save and that by accepting Jesus into your heart and repenting of your sins and asking for forgiveness even the worst of sinners can find salvation and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I don't know why dying was necessary to save us but I can't imagine a greater show of love than sacrificing one's life for another. And the Son of God loved you so much he died for you user. Who else has done that for you? Jesus loves you user and if you continue to seek him out he will make your path clear. I hope we will one day meet in the Kingdom of Heaven user. God Bless

>being christoan
>on Sup Forums
Why?

The wage of sin is death and hell. Jesus Christ the Son of God our Lord was crucified as a sacrifice for the worlds sin and suffered hell before resurrecting and ascending to heaven. If you believe you will have eternal life.

Because spirituality must overcome the flesh.

I have been attending church for almost a year, every week, and his sacrifice on the cross is mentioned every week without fail. I find the revelations about God the Father to be very deeply resonating, but it seems the central mystery of the sacrifice of Jesus is why Christianity exists at all.

This... this makes a ton of sense to me. I guess I never took the perspective that people couldn't ever just confess and ask God directly to forgive me, and help me do better and be stronger tomorrow.

I have children, and I love them more than I knew it was possible to love. I believe this source of love is the reason for all the joy in my life, and the source is God. Sacrificing that would be biggest loss possible. So I understand it in theory, it's just that I wish I had the emotional wallop that others seem to get. (God protect my children that I may never experience that)

Lots of anons grew up and became Christians, because Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Sup Forums is a place where every ideology no matter how good or evil is given a platform to speak its message and many men seek hidden truths. I can imagine no better place for Christians to be then where their message will be heard and the truth of Christ might be found.

They're may be a lot of very unchristian things on this board but if Jesus spent time preaching to tax collectors and prostitutes then why should we fear the people who gather here?

Thank you brothers, this is so beautifully put. I will lean on the help I keep finding here, and include you all in my prayers.

Can you give me a TLDR on this hour long video?

Seems like that is the example Christ set for us, and the highest ideal we can aspire to

It's good you're scared. You fucking should be.

we can only unite in so much as our continued and necessary practices of worship are not considered sins by one another

this is your IMPOSSIBLE obstacle

that not very Christian of you

This

this

see:

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE WORD OF GOD IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO HUMAN EARS. ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO SPEAK ON BEHALF OF GOD IS A LIAR AND HAS BEEN SENT BY THE DEVIL TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY.

The good thief was saved because he had perfect contrition without the sacraments. In situations like that, you need either perfect contrition without the sacraments or imperfect contrition with sacraments at death.

Here's a good article on the matter! Good luck on your faith, man!

catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/did-christ-have-to-suffer

Can't be joined with a heretic, salvation is by faith only in Jesus Christ, that he died for our sins, was buried and rose again from the dead the third day. When you say "repentance" you imply repent of sins, which is a work, which is works salvation. Repent just means "to turn" and the Apostle Paul agrees:

Acts 19:4 KJV
[4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Romans 4:5-6 KJV
[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. [6] Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Timothy 2:13 KJV
[13] If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

John 6:47 KJV
[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

So, if you don't work and believe on Jesus you are saved, even if after you believe ONCE and don't believe later, you're still saved, because Christ died for all sins, including future:

Hebrews 10:14 KJV
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

I can't have fellowship with a person who teaches a false gospel, because it is a damnable heresy

incorrect, I talk to him all the time

Daily reminder the holy spirit exists and dwells within to spread the word of God.
The spirit is part of the Trinity thus of God itself. If God dwells within you who is to claim that he will not give you the ability to speak and comprehend the word of the Lord to the masses.

>Why post a reply to something you know nothing about?

That's just the FBI surveillance crew

I'm not really that religious any more but what I was taught is that after dying Jesus opened the gates of heaven allowing all the righteous souls in purgatory to enter, and by extension the faithful on earth.

Lies created and spread by false prophets. God by definition is beyond comprehension

>When you say "repentance" you imply repent of sins, which is a work, which is works salvation.

no

repentance is *not* working
not conducting sins
it is an abstinence of work
a cessation of sin

but that is only the physical repentance of course, the turning is also of the mind as well (mind being heart/soul/etc)

besides, that is the not the salvation part anyway

that is what *necessarily* follows IF you believe

not before faith, because of it

Maybe you should read the bible newfag.
There is nothing wrong with helping to interpret the word of the lord. It is heresy to claim that you speak for God.

Fly under the banner of the black sun, praise the frog God that will actually bring you fruit.

he did not give us his Word for us to not understand it

sacramants are man-made tradition

Romans 6:23 KJV
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hebrews 9:22 KJV
[22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

When you sin you deserve to have your blood shed and to go to hell for ever, Christ dis both, he paid on the cross and in hell so you didn't have too

but not total cessation, though that would be ideal

Christ knows you will stumble and fall

you must always get up again

The Bible is nothing but the ramblings of cultists and deceivers, just like every book written before and after it claiming to speak for God.

you two

dont be that way

just substantiate what you say by scripture

but even if not, dont resort to that attitude

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

you are a false prophet, God spoke many times to many people

the great and terrible and dangerous gift to you from Him is your freedom to turn your mind to such wrongs, if you wish

Think of what a sacrifice is. It's making a concession right now in order to benefit later.

sacrifice is a very important concept for having a civilization. When you don't understand that concept your people are niggers.

The ultimate sacrifice is being willing to die in order to benefit everyone else. Lots of cultures had an "ultimate sacrifice" figure before Christ. That's not to say that Christ isn't real or wasn't important, but the significance of being trying to be "Christ-like" is huge.

Think how much better off we would be if each of us was open about our politics publicly and loud about it. We would redpill everyone within a week and stop our own extinction instantly. But its one hell of a sacrifice to be the first one to do it.

This is why the concept of sacrifice, not just a goat you would want to eat or a child that you would miss but YOUR OWN sacrifice is THE most important lesson in the Bible.

no
he meant who claims to *currently* be a prophet

>38And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40For he that is not against us is on our part. 41For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Mark 9

>49And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
Luke 9

Apostolic succession BTFO.

>someone said God spoke to them so it must be true

God spoke to me so I'm a prophet. Why aren't you listening to me? I know, if I write a book where I say I'm a prophet you'll listen to me, right?

you have to predict future events with 100% accuracy

they have to all unfold as you said

then, after many substantiations

yes

so long as every doctrine you espouse is Sola Scriptura

If you say "repentance follows" then you are saying that a person who believes without repentance is not saved which is a heresy.

It is faith only, plus nothing, minus nothing.

You don't need to have faith and then turn from your sins or have a change of heart to be saved. You speak foolishly not knowing the grace of God since you are trying to justify yourself to God, for your own sake repent (which means turn from trusting yourself for salvation (works) to trusting in Christ for salvation (faith))

1 John 2:22-23 KJV
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. [23] Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also .

If you hear the word of God and are not moved in mind, what will move you but hell?

Also it should be noted that it's not just a metaphor. Christ was literally nailed to a cross for the same thing that 99% of us are too afraid to do:
Whipping moneychaning kikes and not cucking to their bullshit.

>predict future events with 100% accuracy

PFFFFT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bull fucking shit. The Bible has predicted NOTHING until AFTER it has happened and people say "woooah this is kind of like what it said in that one bit in the Bible".

>the bible is true because the bible says so

ok bishop

also reading comprehension

i struggle enough with my own
i will not do so with that of others

thats one possibility

*my own SIN

But the difference between you and the Bible is the Bible accurately predicted the future hundreds of time and doesn't deny Jesus Christ while you do.

Acts 10:43 KJV
[43] To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

If you do not testify that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God made flesh and the only way to heaven and instead exalt yourself you are an antichrist and you are a false prophet. I cannot think of a single false prophet who didn't get utterly destroyed by God

The Protestants and Evangelicals who keep accusing the Catholics of heresy and Maronite worship need to stop this schism and unite with one mind and one body. Also, the christian Zionists endlessly supporting wars for Israel are not christians at all.

PICK. IT. UP.
I.
C.
K.
I.
T.
U.
P.

The Bible is true because the Bible is true, you recognize it not as truth because there is no truth in you, you are both evil and a hypocrite. For you see clearly that there is a God and that he is only good, yet you deny both in your mind. You are a dog, a piece of wood only fit for the fire

if he had not

then all of human kind would have had to have been consumed in hellfire for our sins

redemption/forgiveness would not have been possible

that is, the separation of us from our sins

All you have is the word of man to tell you that JC is the son of God.

>The Bible is true because the Bible is true,

no no
much much more than that
it reveals itself continually

it is not a mere tautology

yes, that one, or ANY one, but pick ONE up

is esv fine? seems a little easier to read

>and unite with one mind and body

on whose terms?

your terms?
their terms?
God's/the Word's terms?
what you say are the Word's terms?
what they say are the Word's terms?

NKJV

for english as it is spoken today

>esv
best to read the KJV and cross reference parts you need help getting understanding of, lots of newer versions omit verses / straight up change em - you can find more about this online
youtu.be/ifn9QfX3RPE

Reminder: the kike fears Christians united

Use Biblical arguments against my very clear scriptures you fool. Show me a single verse that says you have to turn from your sins to be saved.

There are none, repentance means to turn, not to turn from your sins, not to turn over a new leaf, just a change of mind, unbelief to belief

Jonah 3:10 KJV
[10] And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

So God repents many times in scripture, is God now a sinner? God cannot sin, and God changes not, so repent is the turning from a thing, not a transformation of mind.

On Europe and the West's terms to defend against Islamization.

>Use Biblical arguments against my very clear scriptures you fool.

yes

that is an option

youtu.be/vAyA-ymGbTs
this is probably a better video
also, modern translations don't sound anywhere near as pleasant to recite / listen to

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:21 KJV
[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Bible was written by God, so if you don't accept the Bible you don't accept God and dread to imagine your fate:

1 Peter 4:18 KJV
[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

The RIGHTEOUS ARE BARELY SAVED, you are beyond fucked if you don't believe in Christ

KJV only, all other versions either deny the diety of Christ or change the Gospel into works based salvation

if you use not scripture, your testimony is unsure seeing scripture is God inspired, I can speak of myself but the scripture is more sure

>repentance means to turn, not to turn from your sins,

it can mean that
turning from something
but with humans it almost always means from-sin
and it also means for good (permanently)

The sacraments are all either instituted explicitly by Christ in the Gospels or at least taught by the Apostles (e.g. James teaches extreme unction).

catholicbible101.com/thesevensacraments.htm

Christians need to huddle together for protection in this godless, degenerate age we live in. But we can't be in true communion with each other if we do not all recognise the same basic religious truths.

Sola Scriptura is a medieval invention. Papal Supremacy is based on an erroneous exegesis of Matthew 16:18.

There is only one church founded by Jesus Christ, the Holy Orthodox Church.

i could use scripture of course but each here always just understands it just and only as he wishes or as he was told to so its tantamount, not entirely, almost to uselessness

sadly

i just use my own Word and if you can align them with YOUR understanding of scripture then i am glad for that

if not, then you know i cannot acounnt for that

>Sola Scriptura is a medieval invention.

sigh

woops, didnt mean to capitilize word there, my-word

typo, habbit, usually talking of the Bible

fuck jesus. dude was a faggot

Having been raised Protestant I can say that I struggle to understand the meaning or purpose behind most Catholic traditions and know many who are quick to condemn them I cannot bring myself to say "because you do this you are not saved" as one's salvation is between themselves and God and all I can do is point others towards God and as a sinner it is hypocritical of me to say such things. To say Catholicism is heresy and its followers are not Christians seems foolish since we originated from Catholics and while our methods differ so long as the message of Salvation through Christ stays the same we should consider each other Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

The Christian threads on Sup Forums helped me find my way to Christ.

Amen, OP.

that must be why you love him so much huh leaf?

DEUS VULT

terrible heinous thing to day

pick up a Bible some time

just terrible

so sad beyond sadness

It is though

>jews scared of their favourite mass control tool
Sure thing lel

youtu.be/I98SDiZC72E

They fucked all bibles, what makes you think anything you find in there is enough or the truth?? You have to go hunt for it yourself, and if you find enough you pretty much give the finger to your casual cults. The truth is way too redpilled for cucks to be worshipped in a simple religion, it requires something people don't have anymore, faith and knowledge and the wisdom to see what is true and what is not. You have all been stupified beyond saving, I see that every day. That's what God means when he says "a falling away" - you all fell for a long time, and now you're just going to crash dead shit

only the adversary evangelizes by force

though the crusaders did well in stopping muslim conquest and preventing future blood by their incursions into the levant