Okay Sup Forums fags please help me find figure something out...

Okay Sup Forums fags please help me find figure something out. can an user just go to a gun show in any state and just buy any type of gun he wants with out any sort of info

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEihkjKNhN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on the gun and the state

No.

No

You can find a private seller and all you have to do is show a in state drivers license though, but it can't be at a gun show.

yes in states that don't require paperwork for face to face sales. if you go to a gun show and tell someone what's up BUT that you have he cash for what they're selling, nine times out of ten they will be cool with dealing with you either right then and there or in the parking lot after the show. speaking from experience here.

I bought a Mauser for cash, no questions asked. Depends on the seller, most make you fill out the forms and do a background check.

No, Most states need Valid ID from that State, or a FFL, Background Check and ATF form. More for Pistols
Private Sellers, maybe

He could go to a gun smuggler and do that, because you know, criminals don't care about what the law says.

what about ohio wil lthey just sell me a gun at a gun show ?

Crowder tried and was denied youtube.com/watch?v=UEihkjKNhN8

There is an episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia all about this.
Charlie and Mac use guns and swords to “defend” a school but make it more dangerous cause they’re retarded and weren’t hired for it. They change their minds on gun control because unstable psychos like themselves shouldn’t have access to them.
Dee and Dennis go to gun shops and a gun show trying to get their hands on guns, but get denied at the store for their record checks, and the gun show guy charges them double so they try to steal the gun and everyone pulls theirs to threaten them. They also change their minds and decide that we need MORE guns to stop the unstable psychos like themselves.

Generally no

Depends if the state requires gunshow sellers to act as FFLs (Federal Firearm License owners, license to operate a firearms business), or not, in which case they are dealt with as private sellers.

>FFL
Must follow state law on firearms purchases
State laws of CC permits
Required to go through the NICS (National Instant Check System) for all purchases. Felons, the judicially adjudicated (getting baker acted or forced into mental care by a judge/court) mentally ill and some other cases such as the Dishonorably Discharged are all banned from the ownership and in some states simple possession/holding of a firearm.
If the NICS doesn't give a yes/no in 3 business days, its up to the FFL.

>Private sellers
Can be anyone, for however much. Your firearm purchase must have a serial # and not known to be stolen or criminal evidence. State law and fed also comes into effect.

>What you can and cannot buy, federally
Full autos cannot be purchased nor transferred between "persons", so require an FFL of your own and or a trust. Research it yourself. They costs tens of thousands.
Any semi-automatic, manual action rifle, handgun or shotgun WITHOUT a serial CANNOT be purchased from another person.
You can however PRODUCE a firearm without one, as long as it does not require the help/services of another person, fits the bill for the laws in your state and is not an NFA item (fully auto, unregistered SBR etc)

SBRs - a firearm with a stock and lengths barrel and overall between certain limits, often with state defined limits on top of ATF regs. Tax stamp costs $200. Making one from an existing firearm requires registration and a $200 tax stamp.

Pistols - Adding a foregrip and/or a stock to a handgun/pistol makes it an "Any other weapon". Doing this without an ATF $200 tax stamp is a felony. A pistol has no caliber size limit - an AR or other rifle receiver and action with a barrel under legal limits, no stock and no foregrip, is classified as a pistol/handgun.

1/2

Suppressors - $200 tax stamp from the ATF per item to be purchased, months of paperwork.

Destructive Devices - Any device classified as such by the ATF, in a very broad range; grenades, active naval, artillery and tank shells, canisters of explosive (as defined by what is in the ATF regs) and much more. Every item of such requires paperwork and a $200 tax stamp per item to be purchased.

I can't remember what else to say but someone definitely knows what I'm missing.

This was oddly specific and fairly lengthy that I'm inclined to believe you're being genuine.

Why are you using a fictional tv show plot as an argument for anything?

well comedy is based in truth...

Most show booths are bought by FFLs, because you know, they cost a decent chunk of change. You fill out a 4473 and they call it in to NICS just like at a brick and mortar store. Private sales depend on state though.

No

Do you think they just let travelling gypsy shows sell guns to anybody with cash, while tax paying brick and mortar stores have to do background checks ? We're not Mexicans, and this isn't fast and furious where Steven Paddock flies guns to our doorstep to destabilize our nation. we aren't gang members either. We are the law abiding suckers.

Just buy a 80% lower, and build your own that no one ever has to know about. It is the old hobby of whittling for the 21st century.

Yes. Go to a gun show in your state, and ask where to buy a machine gun. Report back with results.

All Federal, state, and local laws still apply.