Tfw didn’t fall for the college meme

>tfw didn’t fall for the college meme
>tfw welder
how is this not the best life?

Dunno - do you like working in the cold outside and how do you fare against a robot?

is this viable as an option?

Oh, because i did go to college, make more than you, work cushy hours and have weekends off

You will sizzle your eyeballs eventually and get welders lung

If you are happy with it and are not in the mood to amount an incredible amount of student debt, yeah sure

Prove it. Show us your pay stub.

are you american? teach me your ways sensei

I'm a machinist make 50 hours per week and have my week ends off including friday.
I'm ok

those aren’t issues if you work in underwater welding

>Tfw studied my ass off to get to nursing school just to fail in the first two months.

I should have just went straight to a six month EMT school instead of wasting 3 fucking years in college. It's bad enough that I'm going to have to explain to my parents why I'm having to quit nursing school and possibly graduate with a shitty associates in general education degree.

Pay stub lol, I'm not a fucking poor nigger. I use direct deposit

I took a welding class, that was miserable af. I wouldnt be proud of that. Decided i wouldnt want to do "trades"

But if you're happy with it I guess thats good

you have a couple options, depending on your age
you can go to jc or trade school, and either find or job, or if you know people in the business, go into an apprenticeship
or you can enlist and have the navy train you in welding

Trades are good if you're too stupid to Major in something useful

Hey, my dads been naging me to become a welder like him, should i become one?

see if you can go work with him for a week or so and see if you like it, it’s not for everyone

how much u make an hour bud?

Apparently you are a poor nigger because you seem to have never worked a job before in your life. You get a pay stub when you have direct deposit. You get a paycheck when it's not direct deposit.

>underwater welding
Ha ha holy fucking shit
I hope you've got your will in order, dude. Delta P is serious shit.

>Didn't fall for trade meme
>tfw software dev for big four

Feels cozy tbqh

Dumbass

Question, im in school for such work right now, what can i expect?

>tfw my uncle works at nintendo

I like physics better, I almost fell for the welder meme, took 2 classes in highschool and then 2 semesters at community college and said, nah. Now I'm a physics grad, and getting paid to get a PhD.

Welder in Seattle here, $50/hr

But what are your holdings?

Ill bet it's that tight little ass of yours.

Hello user’s. I’m a self taught C++ programmer that never graduated high school. I received my GED in mid ninties then taught myself C++ although I did take one class. I’m not a Senior Vice President of technology for a Fortune 100 company. I made 850k last year but corporate America is depressing. I’m doing 5 more years then I’m out.

I was a hard worker

I was driven

I was lucky

>electromechanical engineer
>paid ~$600 to spend a year and a half in school
>started at $22/hour
>now a supervisor at $42/hour

>be college fag
>rack up 100k debt
>get married
>buy house
>will spend next 30 years paying it all off
>wife cheats on you with a nigger
>divorces you and takes half your shit
>gets alimony for rest of her life
>gets judge to order you to pay child support
>end up in an efficiency or 1br at best
>sell cars and all toys to make a dent in debt
>wage slave rest of your life
>ex wife laughs at your dumbass as Jamal, Tyrone, and Kabron fill her pussy up over and over
College was worth it

You in Quebec ? I hae te same but i cant find a good job ? Have any recommendation?

>not mercenary

You best put that flag away son; you ain't earned it yet.

Plumbing, carpentry, and welding are pretty fucking useful user.

Which did you do

Friends or family with good connections are key if you want get a decent job. If you don't, tough luck. You'll have to build your own reputation.

Solution
>kill negros
>kill wife
>kill self
(((This is satire)))

You're not an engineer fag, you're a technician. You're just as bad "sanitation engineers".

How does one rack up 100k debt...? I see it all the time on social media crops

Cancer and being a brainlet who can't handle the rigors of scientific inquiry.

>inb4 you have ever read or let alone wrote a scientific paper.

>underwater
Anything that mandates being underwater is a job I'd gladly pussy out from applying for. Fuck that

To each his own.

It's a meme, despite what everyone tells you you're not going to rack up 100K in debt in 4 years of college. Most of those people got a master's and studied out of state without being able to afford it.

I figured it was, but they've gotten so good at editing that stuff I can't even tell anymore.

You're right, we're actually more useful than engineers.

You faggots do realize that if you picked a non cucked degree field that your masters or phd is in fact paid for by NSF... in fact you get paid to fuck dumb undergrads as you TA a stupid lower level class? I swear this board is inundated with genuine brainlets.

Have fun unclogging toilets haha

Yeah, underwater welding is dangerous AF. The payoff is that you make bank. Like doctor/lawyer money

Life expectancy is like 60-65 years if you do that. Those Nitrogen levels are rough.

>tfw dropped out of high school after failing 9th grade three times
>tfw minimum wage janitor with no chance of getting a better job
i made a huge mistake

To each their own man; I'm just tired of people diluting my job title.

3 years, 60K in the hole. Fuck me running, I was just at a point in life where I was tired of working minimum wage and I thought maybe I could get a degree in something I like.

I should have gone to a tech trade school and learned to code.

You realise that even with shitty minimum wage jobs, you can set up direct deposit, right?

Even with direct deposit in a full time job, they still give you a stub.

>grew up with the idea of getting into software development and had that career plan set up
>realized I hated the tedium of it all and only loved the designing
>decide to try my luck and look into anthropology as a career as its a major hobby of mine
>retard central, no career plans displayed
>consultant job seems very nice as I want to work with helping people
>no one can readily assist with this as all people in anthropology around me just look for teaching jobs
>just want to help people
>possible military but know zero of this
>possibly want to involve my Catholic faith in this explicitly but besides seminary I don't know what I could do there
>want a family so don't want to do seminary despite great respect for it
>contemplate a trade just so I have some career plan despite it not hitting on any interest because lack of debts and I don't know much

You need to have connections, but, if you work as a janitor/maintenance in schools or govt buildings, it's usually unionized and you make decent money.

The guys at the local schools in my town make a hair under 40k a year.

He's lying. In Canada to legally call yourself an engineer you need to be registered by the local engineering regulatory body. Year and a half?
An hourly wage for a licensed engineer? Come on.

There's no "sanitation engineers" in Canada. Someone who tried would get sued and possibly jailed in some provinces.

what is Sup Forums's favorite college major?

>tfw got a psych degree even when everyone told me not to.
>tfw I still make a shit ton of money

Or just go to a republican based college. I go to ASU and there was an "I love capitalism" booth outside this week :)

>go to univeristy
>go to dental school
>$500k in debt
>can't afford to start a practice
>work for peanuts at some richfag's practice
>cry every night and get blind drunk

1. How did you get the job? (application/connections)
2. What is your position?
3. How did you get lucky?

I want to be in your shoes, self taught programmer.

How the fuck do you fail nursing school?

kek

it's a girl

who else (((philosophy))) major so only viable career path is law school? I say viable if 1. I have a top-tier GPA when I graduate 2. family connections in the field prove to be of some worth

My college requires you take psychology of human relations and it's as big of an SJW class as you'd expect. They showed us US WW2 propaganda as if it were real information we could rely on. Also showed us that faggot Prison Experiment guy who fucked up his own experiment by being directly involved with its outcomes and getting sued by a number of the people who participated.

You would need an excessively complicated and expensive robot to match one human welder due to flexibility

Haha be a mechanical engender making $130,000 a year, haha fuck that.

>tfw didn't fall for the college meme
>tfw didn't fall for the high school diploma meme
>tfw didn't fall for the GED meme
>tfw didn't fall for the work meme
>tfw smart enough to get diagnosed with assburgers and live a truly free NEET life on welfare

the only life that could possibly be better than this is being born in a billionaire family with parents nice enough to give you money and not force you to work.

Trades are good, but so is college with the right major. Also, college is a 4 (or more) year vacation. I highly recommend it, for the right price. State schools only, unless you're on scholarship.

>tfw highschool drop out
>tfw no GED
>tfw met a naive young heiress of a large fortune
>tfw she fills her empty life with drugs
>tfw got her pregnant
>tfw "do the right thing"
>tfw won custody and divorced

27, never worked, full-time stay at home dad collecting those sweet state-mandated spousal payments

>mfw dating younger hotter girl who cooks for me and my kid and buys me gas

EMT school? I might do this.

You were smarter than me, I went into biology LOL

>You would need an excessively complicated and expensive robot to match one human welder due to flexibility
I have been telling these neets this over and over, they just don't get it. Metal work in any way pays the bills.

t:pipefitter