Im genuinely curios, is there anime that's actually BETTER in their english dub? In my experience there's pic related...

Im genuinely curios, is there anime that's actually BETTER in their english dub? In my experience there's pic related, Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunso, and gurren lagann, what else is there in your eyes? or... ears?

>inb4 literally nothing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=garuRIyrS4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally nothing.

Except for Dragonball Z, because I heard that in english dub first for years and Goku doesn't sound right in the original.

bonus points for shows better in a different language than english/jap

This and Naruto honestly

Stand Alone Complex.

Maybe Bebop if you ignore the side characters.

Cowboy Bebop, DBZ

if OPM continues their VA gag, then that

Is this a joke post? The PSG dub is fucking garbage.

Its not better, but I couldn't watch Beck in Jap because of how jarring the English was when they spoke it.
Also the songs sounded fucking retarded with broken English.

Obligatory Spice and Wolf.

>VA gag
wut

Desert punk. there are plenty of other dubs I prefer over subs.

BoBoBo can only be watched with English dubs.

DBZ is one of the worst dubs ever

I heard it first for literally years. I can't help how my brain works, user.

Baccano is well recognized for having an amazing dub.

so did i, so did a lot of people

doesnt make it any less terrible

well it's old so, what can ya do? n be real, waht's less annoying, an old lady screeching or some dude screaming?

PSG's dub worked to an extent since it was inspired by western late night cartoons in the first place.

Didn't the production staff ask Funi to make the dub more explicit just so they could learn more combinations of English swear words?

the french dub for galaxy express 999 is great.

VAs are parodying their previous work

Piccolo's VA did Vaccine Man
Eren Yaeger's VA did Marugori

who knows if the trend will keep going, but it was fucking hilarious hearing those two do those roles

Bebop,desert punk, panty and haruhi in my opinion.

Cromartie Highschool.

Kill la kill fight me fuckos

Like all three main characters are objectively worse

23 posts and no Ghost Stories?
For shame.

The one thats not the dub

Hellsing Ultimate
youtube.com/watch?v=garuRIyrS4w

I swear that they got the real VAs for the abridged version

no none are better, there are only the very few that are equal such as bebop

Just about any anime with a Western setting. Nothing's more immersion breaking than having nips struggle to pronounce western names

Opposite is also true.
Haroohee Soozimeeya

Shin Chan unless youre a jap who is old enough to understand all the references

>Cowboy Bebop, DBZ
Both dead wrong, fuck off

This, a thousand times this. The English dub is actually BETTER than the Japanese original, and makes more sense with the setting of the show.

Is this show good?

Didn't they change I've Got a Feeling to some original shit in the dub?

Will never happen. West has no respect for VA outside of comedy. Arguably not even basic awareness of its importance. Getting serious about VA just means pouring money in to buy celebrity voices. Primary reason their cartoons are so worthless

"cartoons"

Overrated, started watching it dubbed because people said it was so good. Firo, Isaac, and Miria were good, everyone else was complete shit. Had to switch to subbed 3 episodes in.

jeez lighten up a little ya bait-in fuckboy, the serious posts on this thread proves there's at least some dubs on par if not better than the original,

than again i am on fucking Sup Forums

>Desert punk
yes.
>there are plenty of other dubs I prefer over subs.
kill yourself

I'd Say Tsukikage-Ran is better.

Because it's retarded and only Amerifucks like that dub.

OP should shut the fuck up and lurk more.

I don't agree with any of the ones ITT I'm familiar with - except shin chan, which is really unique as the dubbers almost entirely rewrote the show since the comedy didn't translate

I'm sure it's possible to find english dubs better than the original if the original was subpar, and there are plenty inoffensive dubs, but I really doubt you can find any example of a GREAT english dub, one that actually conveys all the emotion and character of the many great seiyuu casts

It's simply a fact that VA is not taken nearly as seriously in the west as it is in the east.