Raildex

Wasn't it foreshadowed from the beginning that her mind is somehow broken?

Possibly. None of the Level 5s are the picture of mental health. Even what whats been shown of Etsu hints he's not all there

>no friends her own age
>trigger happy as fuck.
>Readily shocks people at the drop of a hat even though they're usually harmless to her. Granted, most of them attack her first but still
>deliberately looks for fights
>walking collateral damage
>as emotional as a teenage girl except she also has the destructive capabilities of a strategic weapon
>absolutely knows she can kill with her power
>despite all that she's a huge moralfag and whenever there's a serious issue her first reaction is sacrificing herself to solve it. Kind of like Touma
Mikoto is not exactly sane. She's just less bonkers than the rest of the level 5s. Academy City PR as well as Nagai just like to pretend she's a normal girl.

If anything has been foreshadowed about Mikoto, it's that she'll never be where she wants. It's also been hinted that where she wants to be is a lie, anyway.

All high level espers are fundamentally broken, or else they would have no power at all. Her broken mind is just the natural result of the "hero of justice" archetype clashing with harsh reality. She'll either let darkness consume her like Miki Sayaka or stubbornly cling to the paradox like Emiya Shirou. She can only improve as a character from here on out regardless of what path she chooses.

>there is a chance that Mikoto completely loses it and surpasses Mugino's level of crazy

One of the few reasons I've even bothered to catch up, really.

Looks like this thread is safe so far. Do any of you guys like the Manga better than the novels?

I'm really hoping NT16 will break the status quo regarding her and the situation in AC. So far it really looks like it'll happen but one can never be too sure with Kamachi.

>absolutely knows she can kill with her power
And that's a good thing, because she actively avoids killing.

How can NT16 cause the maximum amount of butthurt from the maximum amount of people

Mikoto falls in love with Kamisato.

Don't know about the manga, but I just read the first novel (Index) and it's actually pretty fun. I tried getting into the anime when Raildex hype was all over the place, and couldn't really get into it. It feels like it works much better as a novel; the pacing, character introductions, and just overall style seemed to fit much better.

You're talking about Railgun, right? The Index manga will rarely be relevant around here until it passes where the anime stopped. It's hard to compare the LN to Railgun (or any of the manga for that matter) because they all go hand in hand. Reading it without having read the LN before is fine but a lot of references will go over your head, this current arc in particular being the biggest offender yet since almost every chapter has an NT 7 reference.

If we go from the summary

>Let Fukiyose sidelined after one sentence
>Make Index's scenes lenghty and filled with headcrabbing
>Almost no Mikoto, no crazy Mikoto
>Get back to status quo
>Touma won't remember anything about Misaki
>Introduce new girl with nothing intresting about her
>No Accel, no Tsuchi, no Blau
>Othinus stays home
>1 chapter of Kamisato harem hijinks

She was always a bitch and a stalker

>property damage because she's mad about the secret experiments where they clone and kill her
>best friend is a lesbian who tries to rape her all the time
nothing a good old LIVING LIFE CORRECTLY wont fix

There are some things that simply can't fix. I think pre-NT Mugino in particular would just get back up and keep getting back up until mortally wounded.

Also
>she blames herself for the death of ten thousand girls despite having had no control over it
She was a grade schooler and even if she had said no they'd have taken her DNA anyway.

Do you guys think Characters like Haruue will ever be relevant to the story again? After hearing everything lately about her it kind of makes me think about how she sort of just disappeared. Same with a lot of characters from the seres that appeared in Railgun.

Reminder to not respond

I'm not that guy. I'm honestly just curious as I've just started reading the light novels.

Mikoto have seen and deal with some a lot of shit, but she isn't broken. AAA in the latest NT unhinged her mind a bit though. We'll have to see what kind of influence that will have on her in the future.

Other than making some poor guys lose their jobs all that destruction was pointless

The only relevant characters from Railgun are Mikoto and the girls from Item. They'll show up in volume 15, which people consider to be one of the best volumes.

Oh that's what I've kinda guessed by lurking these threads. I've just finished the anime so that's kinda sad to hear but I'm interested in the story now so I decided to give the light novels a shot even though I usually don't read them.

>Wasn't it foreshadowed from the beginning that her mind is somehow broken?

Well, kind of.

Vol 1:

>If he actually lost, the girl would likely be satisfied, but Kamijou was a terrible actor. He
once tried to fake his defeat and she chased him like a demon for the rest of the night.

>“…What did I even do?”

>“I cannot allow anyone to be more powerful than me. That is enough of a reason.”

And...

>“Shut up. If you couldn’t bend a single spoon after having various crazy things done to
you like have drugs injected directly into your blood vessels or have electrodes stabbed
in through your ears and into the brain, what could it be but lack of talent?”

I hate the girls from Item btw. I didn't like how they pretty much acted like thugs although I do realize that's sort of the purpose.

Nobody here really likes them. Frenda has caused these threads a lot of pain.

They were doing their job
You will get to know them better in the LN, specially Mugino

Saiai didn't say or do much but she's loveable in the LN. The rest have varying degrees of likeability.

Saiai is regularly put at the top of people's lists, I don't know what you're talking about. Frenda is a meme.

Speak for yourself. Saiai and Mugino are popular. Frenda only became annoying after all the memes started flooding the threads.
No one cares about Rikou though.

By lurking the threads I can guess the favorite here is Orthius.

She's definitely most people top girl and they say she might have a chance at winning Kamijou although I doubt it.

I believe that, who do you like out of the girls?

So you don't like her? Why? She seems cute enough.

Worst

Who?

Misaka Clone: Delinquent Edition.

AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHHHH KANZAKI HELP ME

She's not Item

I like the clones though? There not that bad. I was asking why you didn't like Orthius?

HELLLP MEEEEE!!!
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Oh you're talking about favourite Item? That's Kinuhata for me.
What?

KANZAKI ARE YOU SEEING THIS

No I was asking who your favorite girl in general is? Not just Item.

Like i said, Worst is best. How is that related to Othinus?

>Implying
I really like Frenda and Saiai.

I guess it's not really related to her but what's your opinion on Othinus in the first place?

>trigger happy as fuck.
That is really something that was shown to be twisted. like she's all happy and living in peace while knowing what lurks in the city after her Sisters accident. Then she goes mad as heck once Motori provoke her anger on the city.It's like she a thread away from going full terrorist and destroying everything.
>volume 9
>Mitori: yes you are differnt than your average ignorant students. And yet you turn a blind eye to it all and live your vague everyday life.
>How can you remain so calm with all this going on?
>Mikoto: I too...
Is she just turning a blind eye or deceiving herself that she's happy?

Eh, I like her. Her interactions with Touma are pretty good but it's sad how she ended up as a comic relief character.

She's better than Index.

Oh it's sad? Why is it sad? Do you think she should have had the power of a magic God or something just because she's magic? You realize she's probably really horrible looking but just uses her powers to appear like she's cute right? Did you ever think about that?

She was, but not at the moment. Misaka is currently a fair bit more popular.

You're what's wrong with this fan base you idiot fuckface! Magic in this series was a complete mistake and anybody with a brain could have written the magic characters better. I hope Kazuma dies in a car accident so that somebody that actually know how to tell a story can take over his job.

Every time.

I bet you think you're funny don't you. Luckily for you I don't have the time to sit here and argue with you today. The series is losing money because people aren't reading it anymore and I bet you can guess why. I'll leave it at that.

>foreshadowing
>implying Kamachi knew what he was doing back in OT1
Maybe that time she thought she killed Touma on OT3

I wonder if she believes she killed Yuuitsu for real this time.

She thought Yuiitsu had 5 actual Magic Gods in her hand so maybe no

>I cannot allow anyone to be more powerful than me.
She didnt know she is #3?

Bullshit. I'm an Othinusfag, but that was only possibly true 1-2 years ago.

So did Enshuu went back to jail?

That is one cute girl you don't want to have wandering around the city, so yeah.

Rankins in AC isn't powerlevel, it is more about usefulness to researchers + she didn't know #1 personally and still doesn't know about #2.

Mugino pls

She knew what accelerators ability is. And im pretty sure they all know about each other.

Maybe she thought she could beat Accel and Kakine

I don't doubt Mikoto thought she probably could beat Accelerator and Kakine

no? When accel reflected her railgun she immediately knew its him. You think she thought she can beat vector control with railgun?

The fact she even tries her Railgun knowing he was #1 implies she thought it work.

Fuck her yose

One of the few girls that would actually make for a nice girlfriend. Espers above level 3 need not apply.

Cum on her fivehead

>World rejecter arc is finally kicking off
>Railgun is about to have a big clash with Kuriba
>Accel's first arc has reached its climax
>Index manga has 0930 in full swing

Things are looking up a bit. Perhaps a S3 announcement soon would be perfect for the hype.

Railgun when

Chink site still hasnt posted spoilers

Don't ever respond to me or my thread again