Why shouldn't polygamy be legal?

All we heard from the Left during the gay marriage debate was that it was consenting adults, and finding it personally "icky" was not a valid argument against gay marriage.

So, then, what is their argument against polygamy? By the Left's own logic, it's consenting adults, and it's keeping the government out of their bedrooms. If the definition of marriage can change from 'one man, one woman' to 'any two adults,' why does the number need to be set in stone at two?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/b20442580#page/n5/mode/2up
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no form of adult consenting union should be "illegal", its anti natural

i mean its anti natural to try to keep people restrained to what the majority approves, people will break away from the norm anyway, it just provokes come tension

By the Left's own logic we should all be fucking with pigs just about now. Thank god it still takes time to get there, hopefully more time than I have left in this world.

It's degenerate

Also slide thread.

Polygamy would be closer to traditional marriage as defined in the Bible than what we have now.

With a lack of available pussy, the "beta" men in society will either become violent out of sexual frustration or drop out completely. Without being able to have access to a woman and creating a family there isn't much left to do.

Marriage defined in the bible is literally a covenant between a man, a woman and god.

>The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.

>Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:18, 21-24, NIV

>As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. Ephesians 5:23-32, NLT)

>With a lack of available pussy, the "beta" men in society will either become violent out of sexual frustration or drop out completely.
They already are doing that though.

Polygamy will not be accepted by the "alphas" either until divorce laws are changed. They have a lot to lose when they get married now, multiplying that risk by having multiple wives would be fucking suicide and they know it.

this. read the rest of genesis you plebs, everyone has multiple wives it's the easiest way to ensure reproduction

There are numerous examples from the Bible of polygyny being totally acceptable.

one woman for every worker.

I'm pretty sure the left would not oppose it at this point dude.
Yup. The natural tendency of women is to share the alphas.
Generalized polygamy would create even more of an oversupply of men.
I'm surprised feminists aren't campaigning for it yet.
This could actually solve our birth rate problems. But the betas would have to be pacified.

What are you a communist?

it should be, save Christianity and the white race

Polygamy opens the door to people abusing the system for more marriage based benefits. Granted, it would be hard for a man to keep 4 wives alive and out of higher tax brackets in a way that makes him a profit off of deductions, but gibs finds a way.

>monogomy
>loose half your shit in the diverse

>polygamy with 2 wives
>loose all of your shit in the divorce

>polygamy with >2 wives
>loose all of your shit in the divorce and then one of them gets a rain check for when you rebuild your life again and then then get to swoop in and take it all

Because it's bad for society.

Women would rather share a king than have their own farmer. So if it was legal, the genetically luckiest 20% of men would have all the women and the remaining 80% of men who actually build society would never have anyone no matter what they do. There's be no motivation for them to do anything and life would become shittier for everyone, even the women and the other 20% of men.

Also it's more directly bad for the women in the long run as the sort of man who would have multiple wives is also the sort of man who's trade them for younger models after a decade or two.

There is no secular argument against polygamous marriage, everyone that agreed gay marriage should be made legal deserves to see western civilisation collapse before their eyes, and should be GULAG'd or beheaded by a Mongolian horde as their city is sacked, for their pathetic inability to preserve ancient traditions held as sacred for all of human history, out of their own cowardice or apathy.

That's true of ancient polygamous societies, but we don't live in a patriarchal, backwards culture anymore. Arguably, given how cucked modern western males are, it would work just as often in reverse, with multiple men taking the same wife. The argument that polygamy can't be made legal because it would produce a glut of lonely men who would turn to crime is tenuous at best, and does not trump the freedom for consenting adults to do as they please without government interference argument in the slightest.

If you aren't religious, don't get married. The government should piss off out of marriage or we'll have people marrying their dog or their dildo within a few decades, divorce rates will continue to skyrocket, alimony and defacto laws will become ever more absurdly misandrist, and the family will be annihilated in the face of the never ending onslaught of the degeneracy of the modern western world. If you aren't religious and want to get married, become genuinely religious before you do it. Why the fuck an atheist would want to sign a contract that lasts for eternity I don't understand.

it creates fucked up social structures
in the mormon lands in the 1800's the rich guys with all the women would often expel or even kill lower status young men would could potentially "compete" with them over available women

fun fact. this is how society was pre-agriculture

This. Everywhere in the world where polygamy is the norm is an uncivilised, barbaric shithole that's never achieved anything. A woman's natural urges hold society back and tear it down. Traditional monogamy is necessary for civilisation to evolve.

why would you need to marry two women? what would be the point? why marry at all?

>the genetically luckiest 20% of men would have all the women
Is this how men became superior?

Genetically lucky does not necessarily mean strong. I know baby-faced pretty boy's who've landed insanely hot women because of their genetics but they wouldn't last two seconds in a fight and they still live with their mothers.

Millions of women get wet over Justin fucking Bieber. Doe that mean he's master race? Obviously not.

Only if they legalize a gay version too

>a leaf thinking himself alpha
Suck my bbc bitch

>thinking himself alpha
I don't though.

>Bieber isn't master race
White Canadian is God tier genetics

So your saying a society of whiny, immature nu-male pussies is the future?
Then you cheer on alphas as they fuck everything dear to you. Making you a cuck.

Never mind me. There's what I would want and then there's what society needs. What if polygamy was the solution?

women can just be attracted to all types of men like men can be attracted to all types of women
thinking women are or should be only attracted to one type of man is kinda dumb dude

>Britbong
>Calling other countries cucked
I have a plastic knife on me, you beat back down kiddo. I'm a real bad boy

Tfw engaged twice and both women cheated on me

Monogamy is horse shit. But polygamy is even worse. Why would I potentially want two women fuck me over at the same exact time. That's just asking me to kill myself when shit goes wrong , and IT WILL GO WRONG. IT ALWAYS DOES.

No relationship last. Everyone cheats. And if they aren't physically cheating they are emotionally

You would be redundant in the society you advocate you dumb fucking moron
Poly proponents thinking themselves as the 20% when in reality theyre the 80%. Sad!

Exactly which is why the whole alpha beta thing is actually bullshit.

There are statistical tendencies though. Women do flock to the alphas and they do tend to share them (usually through serial monogamy).
Historically only a certain fraction of men reproduced. But pretty much all women reproduced.
This is the *natural* state of things.
And this isn't a result of alphas being brutes and taking all the women by force or some shit. That's just something you tell betas to make them feel better about themselves kek.
It's what women want. They are biologically driven to want the best genes. Why would they want to carry a beta's genetically inferior baby for 9 months? It makes no sense.

>t.jaded husk of a man

Ever consider there’s something wrong with you?

>Tfw engaged twice and both women cheated on me
Damn dude that sucks.
>Why would I potentially want two women fuck me over at the same exact time.
The marriage/divorce laws would have to be changed to make it safer.
>No relationship last. Everyone cheats. And if they aren't physically cheating they are emotionally
Oh c'mon, almost half of marriages work out fine. You'd want it to be higher than that but still. Lots of people are happily married.

>So your saying a society of whiny, immature nu-male pussies is the future?
there's a reason why kpop is getting popular, it's because a lot of girls love pretty boys and western countries rather push niggers and white men wanting to be niggers

girls are supposed to like the safe pretty boy, it helps them transition into liking men
for ages the bard has been portrayed as a musical pretty boy, not the ugly thug

Then you need to actively work on fixing it instead of being a Boomer tier whiner and letting things degrade further.
>Inb4 but how? Argument
If I had all the answers I'd fix the problems and purge people like you.

Redundant how? Just for reproduction. In a society like that I wouldn't HAVE to reproduce and the birth rates could still be fine.

This has been scientifically proven false
Also, anyone who has ever interacted with women could tell you
I grew up with 4 sisters, went to a class that was 70% female, and had 8 female cousins
Theyre all attracted to the same steorotype of the alpha fuck

>50% of marriages work out so stop being mad that yours didn't
The leafpost

>tfw have pretty decent gf
>tfw we exchanged virginities
>tfw she was raised old school as fuck (Arab)
>tfw she's fairly qt and went from virgin to my personal little slut
>tfw she understands the importance of gender roles
>her family owns a successful business and she makes more money than me currently

It's kinda awesome, but fuck she's so god damned emotional. I know this is all girls but sometimes it gets bad. That being said I pretty much hit the lottery, and I should probably wife ASAP.

Your thinking as if humans are animals and ignoring the societal development aspect. The fact of the matter is, it wasn't the "alphas" who discovered the laws of physics and sent men to the moon. It wasn't the "alphas" who invented smartphones and the internet and programmed the apps and social networking sites women nowadays can't live without. Society does not develop because of the 20%, it develops because of the 80% who actually have to work to get pussy. If polygamy is legal they'll never get pussy no matter what they do, so they'll lose all motivation and society will never develop.

>Anecdotal evidence reliable?
>One user says yes

It's not completely random. You can be smart about this.

Fuck off chad leave some girls for the rest of us

It creates problems in the household. Multiple women trying for the attention of one man will never end well.

How about you go out and actually interact with some females you fucking faggot

I understand that notions want to see their populace prosper and multiply so that the nation can have future generations to subjugate.

However I think that govenment stepping in and telling us who we can and cannot marry is crossing boundaries between church and state.

I mean the rites of state are (US):
-being born:recieve social security number
-getting your first job: paying first tax
-going to college: getting first loan, signing draft card
-getting married: begin preparations of next generation
-getting a house/apartment:being a landowner
-starting a business: generating capital
-retirement: veneration of your years of support.
-dying: all your resources are claimed by the government due to the inheritance tax and other bullshit.

marriage is sacred, and has more moral backing than just a burecratic rite.
marrige period shouldn't be recognized by any government or business that is trying to stay secular.

>they'll lose all motivation
No way we've got vidyas now.

I did, they suck :D
That's why I date guys

Lefties love polygamy, dumbass

Or they create sexbots and robo-wombs

you don't think your sisters being related might have something to do with them having similar tastes?

>t.pozzed degenerate

Then they still have no motivation to work hard because they can just fuck them with no effort.

because it's degenerate and can be defined as cuckoldry by proxy

>They'll never get pussy with polygamy
>Because alphas are robots and unaffected by the emotional bullshit known as the female gender allowing them to have thousands of wives
Reminder that not all of the West is Muslim yet britanistan

>assuming roasties are totally not jelous when chad is giving googly eyes to the 3rd wife instead of you.

true facts: ploygamy worked becuase women were treated like objects.
polygamy would work initially but would quickly fall apart.
and marriage would be completley and utterly meaningless, when every female has like 5 or 10 husbands.

Well, they're gonna be expensive. They're going to need maintenance and upgrades. Like a car.

How fucking dense are you
Do any of the poly people itt realize that if it were made socially acceptable, not only would you die a virgin, but society would collapse
Imagine 90% of the males not working, what do you think would happen

>t. Men goy their own way poster

Cool story bro, you should tell it again. Maybe as a dystopian novel that can be put on a shelf with all the other biased "it wouldn't work because I said so" dystopian novels

I have a gf, and I don’t have to “work hard” to keep her.

Besides, even if they can’t ever get a real woman (unlikely, most people end up paired up eventually) (((they))) will keep dangling things like that new iPhone, or Porsche 911, or new SCAR 17 for them to buy

Thats why I mentioned my class and my cousins, still though I will give you that it might be genetic but still, poly is just dumb

What consenting adults want is irrelevant. The reason we have laws is to keep the degenerates in their place. With democracy, degenerates make the laws. That's when we go Allah Akbar to treat the uppity shitskin kafirs into the medical waste that they are.

>Why shouldn't polygamy be legal?
The massive overhaul of bureaucratic systems needed to implement it.

Fucking gay marriage was literally just running some Find and Replaces operations on a bunch of government documents to make them gender neutral.

I'm not against legalizing polygamy, but I understand why it hasn't been done yet.

>Not including sexbots in that list

So if you lose your job and all your money she'd stay with you will she?

We run a business together, so in that case we’d both be fucked

So you do work hard. Also if she's hot enough, she wouldn't be fucked. She would just go out and find another man.

It fucks everything up.

Sauce:
archive.org/stream/b20442580#page/n5/mode/2up

oh yeah i'm sure you know your class personally
yeah sure there are some rules of AESTHETICS that lead most people to find one thing more attractive
but consider this:
media influence
and social influence

but yes poly is dumb

oh fuck off you god damned idiot you're no pre-historic caveman

+1

also, of course, the biggest changing factors:
money and fame

whats the issue if i can handle multiple women in terms of physical health, mental health, spiritual wonder and wealth?

Well you can get a contract between many individuals as if it were a marriage (just like gay marriage before it was "legalized") , but I think the benefits are a reason why it's not recognized by the state. I could be wrong though. Polygamy would make marriage fraud extremely easy in order to avoid taxes and acquire other benefits.

But to answer your question, im only split because on one side, we already have so much degeneracy in our culture that polygamy would not help and on the other, it's furthering the "sexual liberation" narrative and devalues the importance of loyalty.

>but what if they are all okay with it?
A 5 year old growing up in a house like that will find nothing wrong with cheating on his gf or wife in a monogamous relationship.

>so?
So this is how social fabric deteriorates and decent culture turn into an experiment gone wrong. If you lack the foresight to see how this would play out, you really have no concept of reality.

I resent when Muslims have a shit load of children in this already crowded country.

Otherwise, if it's 100% consensual then it's not a big deal to me. In some respects it can work if you have situation where one woman is more work-focussed and the other woman is more domestically suited.

Lucky you but the gender ratio of 50/50. If God wanted men to have multiple he would have made it so X sperm was more likely to fertilize an egg than Y sperm.

It's hard enough putting up with one wife. Multiple wives would be hell. It would only work, if they were all brainwashed religious women.

so its about securing a way to not hog all the women

>More girls born = more women to make babies with

I see the people that make the case for polygamy think that it woulf be all about love, like multiple men and women living together. Real shit is gonna be men and women in power with their own harem (just like in the old days, which is what they refer to when they say "monogamy isn't natural and polygamy has been going on for ages")

>Monogamy isn't natural
B-but muh god and m-muh Bible guide to life

Did you read the rest of the post?

Aren't you the ones talking all day about "muh sexbots" and "muh artificial wombs"?
Why do you care if some dude has a dozen wives?

>t. Christfag

That is why government should stay away from marriage institution.

I have the right to marry my bf

>polygamy to men
3 traditional housewives that knit cook and clean while you are off to work
>polygamy to woman
beta male cuck that is in an ((((((open relationship)))))))) and his wife is cucking him with chads while he pays for everything

know the difference user.

Its very very simple.... The left is in favor of polygamy as long as white men aren't doing it.

Did I miss anything? Didn't think so.

>Polygamy to men
>Triple the pussy for Jamal to fuck

>Polygamy to women
>At least two cucks watching as Jamal fucks her

Homosexual polygamy when?