Are we better off without geographical flags?

Are we better off without geographical flags?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eMk4T3iPww0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, or keep meme flags out. Too many poos and chinks taking advantage of it.

No more meme flags.

I fucking hate people who mock my flag so yes

No flags. IDs can stay just to curb samefagging

keep geographic flags, keep meme flags as a secondary.

Whats your flag? Poo?

I would get rid of meme flags, geo flags should stay.
Don't be a pussy faggot

POO

No, but keep the bullshit meme flags out. You shouldn't have the option to hide from your country.

Remember when there were no flags or IDs and everyone was anonymous? Why do you insist on having a way to identify posters?

no more faggot flags

kys OP

if you didnt want a faggot flag, why did you move to austria?

Yes

flags have improved this board at least 4X

JUST GET RID OF THE MEME FLAGS

In my opinion, we should have no flags and no IDs

Its weird when I say "no IDs" people think I'm a huge shill or something. No, I just like the main concept of this website, and think each post should stand anonymously on its own. Sup Forums is special for what it is and I don't understand why people want to lessen that.

Fuck off faggot

i agree, having both defeats the purpose of both

No. But it's true that Indian and Canadian bullying went a bit too far.

Remove meme flags because it makes Sup Forums a better place as more people who see leafs, they ignore them because 90% they are faggot liberals

>poos and chinks
>chinks
You mean Canadians. lol

>You mean Canadians.

That's what he said.

after i turned the meme flags into reddit flags it was more enjoyable to browse, and easier to ignore the memers

looks like God's chosen has a problem with it as well.
Even Australians don't use meme flag. I appreciate them for that.

All the Jew posters use meme flags. fuck that shit.

On April fools it should auto generate a rando flag

no, keep the flags, they play a major roll on this board. get rid of meme flags but keep the real ones

What pisses me off is some twat will use a BLM/Democratic/Antifa meme flag and they always get (You)s. I don't understand why people just don't ignore them because I could never take them seriously.

The "meme flags" were the original flags, but I guess you didn't know that.

Also how about dual flags as an option. Always show nation flag but can have option flag beside it.

They can use their Canadian or Australian flags and get an equal amount of replies. "Meme flags" has nothing to do with it.

Sup Forums had two golden ages:
The early days shortly after the original meme flags were introduced and everyone had to pick a meme flag.

The latter days when everyone had a geo IP flag, and we couldn't choose meme flags.

This is the worst of both worlds, because I REMEMBER all the roaches and swedes and pooinloos, and they just... disappeared. I don't reply to posts with meme flags.

Nice ID

yep, get rid of meme flags but keep real ones

>Are we better off without geographical flags?

yes also get rid of IDs and so on. Let only arguments be heard not le epik banter lol ur name ahmend XDD that was funny for like the first few months.

Why do you obsess so much with the flag? Reply to a post if it deserves a reply. Ignore shitposting no matter what the flag is. And if a Turk or Swede makes a good post, why should you ignore it only because of the flag?

mines better its says n1g short for n1gger

>I don't reply to posts with meme flags.

This is the best way to deal with these twats. It upsets me people respond to Demofags or BLM memers

At least you know 100% it's them being idiots. You know an Aussie is usually taking the piss but a Canadian is actually serious.

ON
JEW

The original flags were "anonymous", but I guess you didn't know that.

>ywn again get to derail some namefag OP's thread with "OP here, disregard that. I suck cocks"

Australia stop bully
also Quebec flag when?

So what? All forms of shitposting are shitposting and should be disregarded under any circumstances.

I think you're pretty outnumbered here, pal. The majority of us want meme flags gone. Why are you defending meme flags?

>he thinks i'm just memeing

I miss putting the tripcode in the name field because retards were too blind to see the difference. Shitposting has changed

Because of this

It's not the flags it's dumb shitposters who fuck up the board. I say we should have IQ test before posting. Anyone over 70 passes. This would effectively ban all leafs and aussies

Then just do as you say.

>"All forms of shitposting are shitposting and should be disregarded under any circumstances."

If someone wants to debate, they'll debate them.

>anyone over 70 IQ passes
the board would be empty you idiot

It didn't even matter if everyone could tell you weren't actually OP, if enough people did it the thread would derail!
That's how we used to police attention whoring threads like ..... I miss those days.

Flags are useful so when you see an anti brexit post you can confirm your bias that Krauts are the worst, and when you see otherwise opinions you can discern whether it's just a leafposter or an aussie shitposter.

The point is that blaming meme flags is a red herring. There will always be shitposting clogging up threads, meme flags or not. I use this flag because I used it back in 2012 and it brings back nice memories. I don't want meme flags gone because there's no reason to.

memeflags were a mistake
t. autistic flag collector

>tfw you wrapped up your flag collection at 200 right before the meme flags rolled in
Feels good

lose all the flags

too much arguing and divison because of it

To call out samefaggotry and ip hopping for the illusion of consensus in posting. Notice how shills will always hop to new accounts after one or two posts, but then go right back to the same posting structure? It's shill dumps, making one voice sound like many, all to go 'oh he's like this'. Cuttibg down on that shit by forcing ids and locked nationality flags means people can't hide behind fake identities. The 'we r anonymuss' crap doesn't work with political discussions. The benefits permit an end of baggage at the end of a thread, but each thread needs accountability for its posts.

No meme flags or geo flags. Just IDs to stop samefagging.

The peak of shilling was last year during the election before meme-flags were introduced. As I said, shitposting itself is the problem and must be dealt with by mods and through filters, not banning meme flags.

Keep geo flags but get rid of meme flags.
Canadians should be ostracized whenever possible.

No, it weeds out the xenophobic idiots from the serious people.

Just like people using the name field

Memeflags allow for shilling. You should only be able to post with a thread-specific ID and your national flag on display. Mods can clean up what we can't call out by pattern-recognition.

i have a rare flag but i put on the BLM flag to fuck with you virgin Sup Forumstists

Why not ignore shitposts altogether, regardless of their flag? The main problem is shitposters, the next problem is seething retards who feel they have to reply to shitposters to soothe their egos. Removing meme flags does nothing, since people are still inclined to reply to shitposters just to feel superior

I accept your criticism, and raise you up one Cat Noir

youtu.be/eMk4T3iPww0

NIGGER!!!

You stickin it to us, huh buddy? Well you go ahead and keep up the good work, now, run along.

Whatever.

P-please don't take away the optional flags mods.
I'm sick and tired of poo in loo (you).

Now I'm truly anonymous and may shill, shitpost freely.

>gay furry

No get rid of the meme flags and add state/territory flags

i think the geographical flags should be mandatory, with the option of having an ideological flag next to them

for example imagine my australian flag, with a swastika or blm or ancap flag right next to it. This prevents me from hiding my true nationality while allowing me to express my ideology for either legit or shitposting reasons.

Yes, wherever you like it or not some countries are more relevant than other and are part of different cultures. By having flags you generally know what kind of person you are dealing with, a general idea of how they grew up and what kind of ideas they might hold.

Eradicate the meme flags, keep the geographical.

>flags allow for prejudices
This will surely increase the quality of discussions!

POOOO IN LOOOOO

You can't hide anyway, chink.

TAKE THE POOOOOOOO TO THE LOOOOOO

POOOOOOOOOOO

POOOOOOOOOOO

IN THE LOOOOOO

Yes. God forbid people are forced to attack the posts themselves instead of regurgitating stupid fucking flag meemees.

geo flags are annoying because half of the already retarded posts on this board are pointless flag shitting

Literally the only people that don't like geo flags are canadians, australians, and poo in loos that are salty when they get called out. so they hide behind memeflags.
Tell me Sup Forums notice how these three flags are now incredibly rare to see?

Expectations and generalization are an important part of human life and evolution my man, no one is a snowflake. Discussion quality is a meme, if you want "quality" go to reddit. For example no one here wants to read through 7 paragraphs of arguments from a muslim on what is wrong with Europe.

Fuggen leaf! Shutup this is American board (dogbless)
Fuk off kraut you are 56% turk and probably nazi as well, yeehaw

Sup Forums had that in the past and there was a really bad same fagging problem that lowered the board quality. Fuck off.

Literally the only reason you don't want thread ID's is so you can same fag and shitpost.

When you live in a country where almost no one posts it makes it a little too easy to identify you. However it’s not a problem anymore thanks to meme flags.

I wish there was something even more neutral than meme flags, like Sup Forums flag or nothing at all.

>xenophobia
>irrational fear of something or someone that is different in origin

>millions of people come to our land and collapse our infrastructure, public services and culture, whilest simultaneously reducing our civilisation to anarchy
>fucktards think this fear is irrational

What, you guys didn't like meme flags? My mistake.

Anonymity is one of the foundations of this board. If the Muslim doesn't make a good argument about why Europe is shit, you simply ignore him, no matter what the flag is.

ok reap u next wek

Besides, if you see a bong, German, Swedish or French flag criticizing Europe, you'll simply assumr it's a shitskin either way.

Geoflags should stay but selectable meme flags need to go.

It was a lot easier to counter-act this when we all had to use geo flags. Now it is harder to discern what sort of interests a poster has. I propose that we have mandatory geo flags plus an optional meme flag.

It would be nice if you could hover over threads in the catalog and see the flag of the OP.

I'm refering to "Westerners" wiyh xenophobia towards other Westerners, moron. Xeno translates as foreigner from koine greek, and Westerners can be foreigners to other Westerners despite having common racial origins.