Any former Catholics here who converted to Orthodox Christianity?

I am in the process of joining the Greek Orthodox Church after spending about 4 years as a Catholic. I have noticed that my journey is fairly common among Orthodox converts: I flirted with Traditionalist Catholicism for a while, but after wrestling with various Trad schools of thought, I came to the conclusion that the problem with modern Catholicism is the papacy itself, and that led me to Orthodoxy.

Like I said, many other Catholics have gone down this road, such as the nationalist podcaster, Dr Matthew Raphael Johnson. If you haven't heard his podcast, "The Orthodox Nationalist" you should check it out:

youtube.com/watch?v=59el2h0eo3o

PS, does anyone know of good Orthodox
online forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

oodegr.com/english/biblia/Ballester/perieh.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
youtube.com/watch?v=I-vKLszXeEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>exchanging one shit for another

Show me how Jesus was the messiah and I might join you.

OP, why Greek and not Russian, Armenian, Ethiopian etc?

Greek orthodox, is the closest to original Christianity.

Probably because Greek is the origin?

In my geographic location, Greek makes the most sense.

churches are for cucks

Go eat a toblerone, Belgium.

WHAT IS THe difference between orthodox and normal Christianity?

there is one Church, the one of all the Christians who believe in Jesus Christ.

All types of Christianity are just different forms of Judaism.

they worship idols.

judaism is the rejection of Jesus Christ as the Messiah and savior.

In the beginning, Christians considered themselves Jews. Christianity was Judaism with the additional belief that God sent his Son to earth.

they dont
you are just jealous and dont know about Christianity
just repeating your own made up trash

It's core values are excellent but they're not practiced much. Like catholicism its more of a social club.

an idiot just giving throwing out his opinion

they pray to pictures. And as catholicism they have priests and monks, absolutely useless. Read the bible. I agree with OP saying the pope is a main problem, it's an antichrist, but orthodox church has many problems too.

they dont
you just came here to post trash

i came here to denounce useless tradition and blasphemy.

>There is no god
>Humans evolved from basic life just like every other organism
>Recognize your own mortality
>Embrace your humanity and the ability to mold your world
>Take control of your life and liberate yourself from religion

>rip vape
>tip fedora

and you failed because you are jealous and post trash

fuck none bible traditions and rules, long live Protestantism

Orthodox Christianity is by far the most based one.

i may have failed in your eyes, you are not talking for everyone.

1 John 5:21
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

its weird that nationalistic people with low intelligence like you still fight over a Greek religion

Christianity is a Greek influenced religion
yahudis were assimilating into Greek culture
New Testament was written in Greek
7 councils were held in Greek cities
Greeks were mentioned in the bible

i am not a nationalist, i care about what is written in the Bible and that's all. All Christians are in the same Church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I used to be a muslim but i converted. My godfather giggled while i was being dunked into the river when the priest said: Baptizing is the servant of God, Muhamed...
My parents are commies anyway, i cant help them.
I hate the fact that in the priests books im a child from a couple that isnt married (they write this if your parents arent baptized and married in a church).

you fight over definitions of a Greek text and tell that Greek are wrong

God will punish the Orthocucks, you have weak faith and will resort to the easiest temptation of apostasy. DONT DO IT. Pray the rosary, restore you parishes, the faith is not a plaything.

Why? I can assure while not as degenerate as the Catholic church and its "pope" we are not far behind.

The church as an institution has failed miserably even if the faith and the core of the religion is solid.

>The church as an institution has failed
No, the only way it can fail is if it preaches heresy.

Failed at what? Believing in an invisible man in the sky? Get fucked cunt

would you write the same with your real flag?

he tried to fight Chrsitianity

P.S. God sent the Muslims to the Byzantines, the Mongols to the Rus, and communistm to Russia, meanwhile those loyal to the Pope defend Europe from muds, expand across the world, and those orthodox countries wouldn't exist without mercy given by the Pope in hope of bringing them back in on their darkest hour though the crusades. Orthodoxy is a backwards lite Protestant religion for retards.

Fanaticism and orthodoxy dont really work.

We are far more chill about it and its a lot more cultural. Everybody here hates those who take it totally seriously. Please stick to catholicism OP i can tell orthodoxy is not for you.

And you believe it hasn't? When sodomites and intolerant invaders are not only allowed but welcomed to rot the church from within? When the power gathered is used to cover up degenerate acts, affronts to His eyes, instead of preaching His word?

Do you not consider a failure that the modern church is so toothless and aimless that more and more people (especially younger generations) are leaving its womb and abandoning the faith? If that isn't a betrayal, a colossal failure, I don't know what is.

Lel the crusaders literally sacked constantinople

Because of muh ceaseropapism worked really well for leadership

Brother in Christ. We are all upset with the current Pope, but just 40 years ago the Church was hand in hand with the allies against communism. Do not leave the mother church when she is sick. "You are my rock and upon my rock I shall build my church and the gates of Hell shall never prevail against it."

Also, pic related.

>going from one fake denomination to another
i feel sorry for you

Correction

We wuz nigga

After the Catholics Crusaders aided them for many years and then schismatics decided to massacre the Catholics in the city.

your meme picture is wrong

its all about the definition of a Greek text
look up why the false Christians split from Christianity

The kangz LARPing of Orthodoxy and Protestantism has no bounds.

>When sodomites and intolerant invaders are not only allowed but welcomed to rot the church from within?
That doesn't happen, at least not here. If your church is pro sodomy and treason that's indeed unacceptable. But I haven't heard anything about this, and if the church is in such a state I can only imagine how degenerate the lay people are. At the end of the day priests don't drop from the sky, they are about as moral or corrupt as teh lay people that formed them.
> When the power gathered is used to cover up degenerate acts, affronts to His eyes, instead of preaching His word?
Yah I bet there's a whole conspiracy where every priest is covering evil acts.
>Do you not consider a failure that the modern church is so toothless and aimless
Not sure what you mean by toothless, the Church isn't meant to be the state, and it certainlly isn't aimless.
>and more people (especially younger generations) are leaving its womb and abandoning the faith?
And how is that the fault of the Church? As long as it doesn't preach heresy it does all it can.

One Holy APOSTLOLIC Church, nigger

^Catholic

I would say the same of catholicucks

The Greek Orthodox resisted the Turks until the last drop of blood. The emperor died on the city walls fighting the Turks. But here's the thing: it is actually better to be enslaved by a Muslim conqueror who won't force you to change your creeds, your liturgy or your doctrines so long as he receives his taxes.

Flag checks out

They're both lies. All religion is a lie and god isn't real--no matter how much we wish he was.

>T. Former Antiochian Orthodox Christian

The roman catholicuck church isn't apostolic, it's cult created by the Roman government in the 4th century.

I was referring to how they think they were the original Christians especially in Western Europe, those events confirmed what we always practiced.

>T. Former Antiochian Orthodox Christian

Were you born into that group? I heard the Antiochians were meant to be one of the better more missionary focused of all Orthodox jurisdictions.

This.

Christians are the "chosen people" or "jews"
"Jews" (as they call themselves) are pharisii who rejected the messiah.

Failed, my Spanish fathers conquered the mudslides and you would be a kebab in new turkey if we didn't send our armada

Simon was the first Pope. When our Lord named him Peter and proclaimed he would build his church upon him He later said, In the Gospel of Matthew 16:19, Jesus says to Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven."

This gives Peter the keys to the Kingdom. Authority over the Church. Just as the old testament kigs would give the keys to the kingdom to their steward when they were away. Giving them authority over the realm.

Did Peter go on to become Patriarch of Constanstonople? No. He became the Bishop of Rome where the line of Pope's have sat unbroken.

Pope Francis wasn't the reason why I converted to Orthodoxy. He is an embarrassment, yes, but Papal Supremacy would be just as problematic if we had a Pius XIII as pope.

Most Catholics who wake up to the fiasco of papal authority convert to Orthodoxy, or they just stay in the Catholic Church for superficial reasons such as family ties or cultural connections.

Here is an excellent testimony written by a Catholic monk who got red-pilled on the papacy and became an Orthodox bishop:

"My Exodus from Roman Catholicism"

oodegr.com/english/biblia/Ballester/perieh.htm

As I said earlier Peter was the rock that upon him our Lord would build his church, and the gates of Hell will never prevail against it.

Correction we incorporated the Roman religions and cults. Nothing wrong with our European heritage.

I thought it was Roman Catholicism which Constantine founded according to the awesome intellects of the Protestant Reformation.

didnt read
catholics are false Christians

>This gives Peter the keys to the Kingdom. Authority over the Church. Just as the old testament kigs would give the keys to the kingdom to their steward when they were away. Giving them authority over the realm.
nice fanfiction

Anons pls help me. My dad is a protestant who believes in Calvinism, I've already tried to explain to him how stupid it is but now he's showing me a video by R.C. Sproul defending that stupid idea.

Please give me some theologically backed videos on why Calvinism is stupid so I can change his mind, or at least get him thinking.

youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g

Yes, the catholicuck church is a made up religion by the roman government, incorporating concepts from christianity, roman pagan religions, and eastern mysticism.

>But I haven't heard anything about this
All our church and local priest can be bothered to talk about is giving alms to the poor muslim refuges, quite sickening. Also a bill is currently being voted on to allowed religious marriage between sodomites, another move accepted by our central "church" branch.
>Yah I bet there's a whole conspiracy where every priest is covering evil acts.
Not every priest, you strawmaning romanian, but when those higher up the foodchain who are essentially those who hold more power use that power for anything other than preaching His word, is that not heresy or at least gross incompetence? Our church leaders are no strangers to controversies for money laundering, land seizing and living in gross decadence.

The only pure central branch of our church left are the monks of Mount Athos.
>Not sure what you mean by toothless
Our church doesn't inspire any more, it is unable to rally believers (and non-believers) behind a common goal for the greater good. Did you see that million Poles border pray wall? Was that not inspiring? Did it not unite the people?
>it certainlly isn't aimless.
When your central message gets watered down to be "inclusive" I would call that aimless and pointless.
>And how is that the fault of the Church?
How is that not the fault of the Church? Did you think the church grew on its own, without effort, because people "felt like it"? A faith that is unable to grow and more to the point in decline is a failing faith and more importantly it proves the incompetence (or ill will) or its church.

>OP, why Greek and not Russian
They are same
>Armenian, Ethiopian
There arent Orthodox

>amerishart education

tell him to learn ancient Greek and read the bible

Christianity in blue

This image is wrong. There should be three crosses, a royal watch and a Mercedes.

And is rejecting the Papacy the will of God?

youtube.com/watch?v=I-vKLszXeEo

Former Catholic converted to Orthodox here.

Made the right choice tbqh familam. The Bishop of Rome is NOT the head of the Church. He is equal to the other patriarchs and likely heretical scum XDDD

"Oriental Orthodoxy" is a meme name for miaphysites

Get out retard

WEIRD THAT THE CATHOLIC MIRACLE OF FATIMA SAYS IT IS THE PAPACY THAT WILL FALL INTO APOSTASY, HUH ?

Welcome to the fold brother, there'just one way and it's the Orthodox one.

What does Peter have to do with the Catholic Church, they'r just a bunch of heretics? The Oethodox church is the only one that has maintained the orthodox christian beliefs.
Protestants in general are ridiculous since they think the Bible has to be taken literally, and doesn't need interpretation. Just point out how the Jesus talks in parables and uses hyperbole so saying it doesn't need interpretation is retarded.

get lost kike

I actually went from Orthodox to Catholic

no you just make that up you shitskin latino

WEST SIDE ROME RULES
YOU ORTHOKEKS
HERETICS

Get in my Ustase death camp

Why? Don't say Thomas Aquinas.

Lol, I had a really good teacher who went that route.

catholics are false Christians you slavic subhuman

how is that possible

Well the philosophical tradition was a factor. Orthodox can't into philosophy. At the end of the day I concluded that Rome is correct and that the Orthodox arguments don't survive scrutiny.

Of course based Anderson would have a sermon on it.

Thank you user, Christ be with you.

t. lutheran german heretic

The Church is and never was about (((philosophy)))

>I came to the conclusion that the problem with modern Catholicism is the papacy itself

This x1000

Welcome home brother, Ave Maria

is not*