Has anyone else watched this? This used to be my favourite show when I was a kid

Has anyone else watched this? This used to be my favourite show when I was a kid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIDVMcjHKVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Original One Punch Man.

Guess I'm on my own.

Mine too OP, good ol' days

Original Kinnikuman was better.

I was a dumb little boy, and I caught an episode back then. I didn't get it, but it looked neat.

Should I read Kinnikuman?

Yeah

I remember watching this as a kid too but don't remember much besides how gay it was

Wasn't it dubbed ultimate muscle or something? Honestly didn't care much for it so never bothered to dig it up again but have lately thought about it

This. I kind of wish stuff after the Nisei Choujin tournament had manga translations. Just so I can see how bad it gets with TIME TRAVEL and junk.

The dub was actually pretty good. The opening was really catchy.

Wasn't there also a butt man?

The time travel really wasn't well received. Nobody liked the original cast acting like major assholes to the Nisei crew with the exception of a few of them. Especially Kinnikuman and Terry.

This was glaring as all fuck considering how this takes place AFTER the arc where the Original crew gets their friendship power back.

Then there was the Mari thing.

Doesn't some busta get torn in half or some shit nigga

He was french I think

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTTA SPACE

It makes sense because frenchs smell like ass.

I'm not so sure, user. Nowadays it smells more like explosives and gasoline.

UL
TI
MATE

WEH
PON

The dub worked for the same reason WWE worked in the '80s.

You take a serious source material like Nisei or olympic wrestling, and ham it up until it's silly as hell.

That also worked for Foodons, but didn't work for shows that had actual plots and weren't just a series of fights.

The original Kinnikuman both manga and anime are better than Nisei. Then again I was really off put on how much the new generation act like huge ass dickbags.

It still hurts that they see Kinnikuman and they don't care or give a fuck about him but when they see the shitstain seriously no pun intended that is Mantaro and they go "OH MY GOD ITS ULTIMATE MUSCLE HE WAS AWESOME"

It goes nowhere.

Yudetamago really sabotaged the Nisei series by cashing on the Classic Shoujin.

The duo went back to rewriting Kinnikuman for easy bucks for years now.

Mantarou might really become one of the most shafted characters in manga history, his story literally has no conclusion out of his creators own will, not because cancellation or anything.

Maybe you should've read the Manga and got beyond the Anime.

Nisei was getting better and Mantarou really grew as a character.

I must be one of the few people who liked Nisei as much as Kinnikuman, I do not aprove of Yudetamago suddenly cashing on the well known classic characters for the Tag Hen, relegating Mantarou to background status.

Eventually falling back to making new stories for a series that was finished decades ago, instead of finishing what they started with Nisei.

I tried and I was reading the manga. I stopped around the reveal of Scarface's real self when that was the only thing scanned at the time.

Then I just dropped it because I read it right after Kinnikuman. and for like a few months there was not a update.

Pretty sure the gripes with the Tag Hen was due the "Arc" literally being sreteched to become a full blown series.

It has a many Volumes as three full Nisei arcs.

Seriously, why was Yudetamago even filling pages with the old Love Triangle for Suguru when that shit was solved in his own series?

>I stopped around the reveal of Scarface's real self when that was the only thing scanned at the time.
Well, you stopped pretty soon, since that isn't even beyond what the Anime covered.

You didn't get to see Mantarou's subtle growth, which only happens after his match with Kevin Mask.

Yeah I mean I have been meaning to reread Nisei again sometime.

I will give one thing to the anime though. It had a sick ass intro.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDVMcjHKVI

That's not what this is at all

Isn't that largely because of Nisei bombing hard?

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE

BODY SLAM THE HUU MAN RACE

>mfw the dub is better than the original

Changing Gazelleman to Dik Dik Van Dik was a stroke of genius

It bombed hard exactly due the Tag Hen being trash.

If they had followed the Mantarou vs Kevin Mask fight into some kind of new fight for the crown arc, then maybe Nisei wouldn't have fallen.

It wasn't doing good before Tag Hen hence the blantant nostalgia pandering which eventually just led to them relaunching Kinnikuman from where they left off for better sales.

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE!

Definitely, god bless whichever 4kids employee came up with that.

HERE TO BODY SLAM THE HUMAN RACE

>for better sales.
New Kinnikuman is virtually unknown, I didn't know it existed till a few months ago.

>New Kinnikuman is virtually unknown
Vol. 55 came out a few weeks ago. Its been running for quite some time.

>Yudetamago really sabotaged the Nisei series by cashing on the Classic Shoujin.
Sounds like DC/Marvel unable to pass on the torch and feeling the need to pander to older audiences

And Dragonball. Dragonball does this too.

>And Dragonball. Dragonball does this too.
Dragonball is doing all sorts of stupid shit. The only blantant nostalgia pandering was bringing back Frieza

Right. But it was even in stuff like Buu. Despite passing the torch on to Gohan and Goten/Trunks, they still failed and had to fall back to Goku. Granted that he only beat Buu with a spirit bomb, but I feel it's unsatisfying to build up a new generation and then say LOL NOPE.

My point was that despite Yudetamago going to back to producing more classic Kinnikuman, they really didn't rise back to stardom by pulling such move.

Yeah it was a lost cause since then and is not getting better. For some odd reason Japs seem to really hate passing the torch to the son, Shaman King Flowers was canned, Watsnuki has had no luck after Kenshin ended and has resorted to making a prequel manga of it to still active, its really a sight to behold.
Its an oldass series man, they were never going to claim back their original stardom probably because Nisei was targeted to older audience and people who grew up with Kinnikuman. TV execs definitely wanted it to appeal to kids as well but the series bombed. This is pretty much just giving fans want they wanted.

Personally I preferred Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Actually I barely remember ANYTHING about Ultimate Muscle. Is it worth watching?

Dubbed? Yes
Subbed? Not really

>Is it worth watching?
Some fights are kind of cool; the humor is really for a specific crowd, not everyone might find it funny.

How did JoJo manage to stay popular when you have eight different protagonists?

Why is the dub good but not the Japanese version?
Is the humor similar to the show I just mentioned in any way? If so I would most likely enjoy it.

>Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
That's another series that had a failed sequel (True Theory) and now the mangaka is doing a Don Patch and Beauty spin-off manga. I think the only mangaka to have gained success from a sequel series from that era in Jump is the Konomi with Shin Prince of Tennis

Toilet humor, Bobobo had some of this, but Nisei really goes out of its way with it.

Dub has better jokes and fits better also the second season was produced for English audience since Nisei TV bombed in Japan and the company producing the dub paid for another season because it was popular in the West which is why most Japanese references are removed .

I see. I'll put it on my backlog.

It's probably due to the fact that they're all pretty different from each other(Jonathan was a gentleman, Joseph was just pure fun, Jotaro went from try hard to good dad, etcetera) and that unlike other Jump series it doesn't follow a scale of power

>4kids dub
Why? It'll end up censored.

Unless there's another dub I don't know about.

Araki kept it fresh and improved his art and writing as it went on to keep people interested. Part 6 could be considered a "failed sequel" to Part 3 since it follows the same passing the torch mindset but readers obviously didnt take to it as much as the previous entries so Araki gave the franchise a reboot. Biggest problem with Nisei, True Theory, Super and these other continuations to classic series is that there's not enough new to entice a wider audience and there's also the tall older of trying to keep old fans happy who will instantly hate any new additions added but Araki played it smart and made each part off Jojo different from one another instead of just rehashing the same thing in different color.

>It'll end up censored.
Surprisingly enough its even dirtier than the original in terms of humor. I'm not sure if Viz released uncut DVDs with the blood intact like they did with Shaman King but the anime is pretty tame in comparison to the manga anyways.

>good dad
Each part was a change of pace and a breath of fresh air for the series without losing it's charm.

>and that unlike other Jump series it doesn't follow a scale of power
Though I think it's pretty good that Jojo isn't as reliant on power level bullshit as other shonen, I wouldn't say that statement is totally true. For example look at Dio in Part 3 who is undisputedly the most powerful stand user of Part 3. Also Made in Heaven and GER.

Still, those are more based around abilities than anything. Made in Heaven was defeated through manipulation and affecting Pucci's environment, while GER is based more on its nullification of King Crimson's power. They may have gotten more and more complex and varied, but it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine something like White Album or Vitamin C being able to do something against the users. The fact that they're mostly human means that lots of things can be lethal and still affect the users.

Yes, in fox kids...
actually this channel is dead.

I read even before the time travel, Mantarou was having a hard time with the audience. They liked Kevin Mask way more than him, the latter always top the polls

Because Mantarou was a loser in comparison to Suguru. Even his love triangle is shit because neither girl is really that into him.

Fuck 4kids