I would just like to remind you that LITERALLY no one was talking about this show until this scene happened

I would just like to remind you that LITERALLY no one was talking about this show until this scene happened

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.puella-magi.net/Threads
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cheap shock factors attract plebs

And now the only people talking about it are disgusting ERP faggots.

No. You stupid. Now die.
wiki.puella-magi.net/Threads

It was a SHAFT show after the height of Monogatari with the character designer from Hidamari Sketch and you're going to try to pretend that no one was watching it?

Mumi a shit.

And for now it has more threads than evangelion.

It's kind of disappointing how that scene lost all purpose or meaning thanks to the introduction of reality resets at the end of the series.

Course I won't really complain, Mami deserves nothing but a comfy and happy life, for she is the epitome of a good girl.

They weren't fooling anyone. We all knew it was going to go dark.

I remember people talking about it having themes of purpose in life and such.

And it was always a good anime.

The purpose and meaning of that scene was the impact it had on Madoka and Sayaka. That doesn't change just because of episode 10.

you're wrong. and new.

At least it was kind of a bittersweet ending before Rebellion.

None of the 'dark' cute girl anime want to take any risks.
See Yuuki Yuuna and Gakkou Gurashi.

No balls.

Would be nice if they could kill a few cast members and have them stay dead.

Of course with time travel and magic involved that's quite hard to keep them in the ground.

I think the original show is fine, especially considering the time travel and omnipotency tools at the writers' disposal.
The deaths felt like they had some impact.

However, Rebellion is where they went full "look, your waifu isn't actually dead" fanservice mode.

Aside from that, pseudo-dark anime in general need to step the fuck up.
Everyone wants to do edgy deconstructions with cute girls nowadays, but no one actually wants anything bad to happen.

>newshit doesn't remember the hype of episode 1 airing

This thing was popular before the season even started

Youre newfag is showing OP. People was hyped before the first ep, not mention the speculah started before that ep.

Well, they could adapt oriko. more deaths at least.

>Not liking rebellion
It's true, Sup Forums has shit taste.

Reminder that Madoka is one of the most overrated shows there are
Pretty good soundtrack though

>shaft
>umesensei
>urobuchi (Fate/Zero and Saya no Uta predated Madoka)

>not hyped to hell and back before the season
>probably had the most [a/ viewers of any show that season

Yeah nah.
kill you'reself my man.

The speculah threads were great after Sora no Woto ended. That was a hell of a ride. One of the few shows I found myself thinking about so much between episodes.

>liking fanservice: the movie

Even if it's one of the most overrated anime ever, it's still an amazing anime, among the best of the medium.

good times

>

This is objectively correct

This is honestly one of those shows I literally cannot even attempt to watch, because the best thing it had going for it was the characters, and instead of using them it just kills them for gasps.

>written by urobuchi
>implying
Were you even around?

How can you say that when you haven't even watched it?

Because I got to a certain point in the series, got spoiled, and my will was drained.

that's when I dropped the show. Best girl with best theme died

Newfag.

They didn't even have the balls to show it on screen.

Would have made for a much stronger reaction if they did.

Nobody cared who she was until she took off the head

THIS

It had already gotten a bunch of speculation and was very popular with a lot of Shaft and magical girl fans.

it's just fucking 12 episodes. and every single minute is worth it, more than many many other shows can claim. now go and watch it.

Nah, Mami's death is graphical enough. Notice how it takes a while for her to "de-transform", meaning that she was still alive while Charlotte as chewing her face. Also, the crackling sound.

Isn't this the twist from Muvluv?

YuYuYu's supplementary material hints at the next season potentially being really dark, not to mention the current prequel LN is a lot darker than the anime.

Honestly, I felt like YuukiYuuna tried to emulate the sucess of Madoka purely by dark, when there were a lot of other thematic and atmospheric aspects that made Madoka so good.

Show was as hyped as Fractale m8.

Like using plot devices instead likeable characters and stuff

People who say this haven actually watched the show, the only similarities between Madoka and YuYuYu were some character archetypes (implying Madoka invented pink heroines) and the fact that they both got dark. They're very different in theme and tone.

Yeah the ending was weak, most of us have gotten over it in the hopes that S2 makes it worth our while

>None of the 'dark' cute girl anime want to take any risks
Yeah, and wait untill Madoka season two.

>liking a movie that was a deliberate ploy to have a second season

Boi, if you were on the Sup Forums threads for Episode 1 and 2, you would know better. Shit was blowing up with tons of theories because Urobutcher was working on the show.

And, in a big perspective the "you"ll be fine, but the world still remains fucked and the only thing that you can do at most is defend yourselves, it's way darker than a litterally Deus Ex Machina

Nobody was talking about this show until the yuri pandering got cranked up to 11.

Loved the series but Rebellion was a pointless, yet pretty to look at, cash grab.

You're wrong, also everyone knew edgy shift was coming since it was an Urobullshit script. And preorders were already high before episode 3 thanks to all the Aniplex shilling.

>and every single minute is worth it
>more than many many other shows can claim
Is Madoka your first anime? There are greater anime way worthy of a watch then Madoka.

I.e., Кино No Tabi.

>tried to emulate the success of Madoka purely by dark
Nah, what this user said YuYuYu is distinguishable in its own way, I think it didn't help because it came out sometime subsequently after Madoka so parallels were inevitably.

It still undid every bad thing that had happened over the course of the show, which felt pretty cheap.

They could at least have left Yuuna in a wheelchair or something for emotional impact.

I don't think anyone is claiming that it's a copy, but rather that it's one of countless works jumping onto the 'mahou shoujo with a dark twist' bandwagon after Madoka Magica printed money.

You realize that in no reality does Mami survive right?

Except Yuuki Yuuna did enough differently that it can stand up on its own. It's not as if we suddenly saw 3-4 differently dark edgy mahou shoujo a season like some sort of shitty battle harem, in fact the only ones that I can think of that aired since then were Genei (which flopped hard) and YuYuYu. Before you say WIXOSS, that isn't a mahou shoujo.

It was good. It will be remembered a decade and more from now, unlike that re:zero bullshit.

Also, arguably the most successful magical girl series since Madoka (not counting stuff like Precure or Sailor Moon Crystal) is Symphogear, and its tone is decidely cheesy.

no

looking pretty golden age there, guts

Threadly remind that Homura did nothing wrong.
Tougou also did nothing wrong, although she was less right than Homura

Urobutcher said this show would be a by-the-numbers magical girl story with no dark twists. We knew he was lying and tuned in to see when he'd drop the ruse. This scene is where he dropped the ruse.

I don't see how no one saw that death coming. Does no one know of the "passing of the torch" meme? Qui Gon to Obi Wan, Kamina to Simon, now Mami to Madoka. It happens all the fucking time.