What would you say are the most visually interesting TV anime from this decade?

What would you say are the most visually interesting TV anime from this decade?

>Tatami Galaxy
>Ping Pong
>Space Dandy
>Aku no Hana
>Mob Psycho 100
>Nichijou
>Hyouka
>Kyousougiga
>Panty and Stocking

What would you add to the list?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4k_SuZtZXxk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CSBqOXODXNXg1gXJ3OHUNI3fHa09KAJMWnTQh9wovU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=3
sakugablog.yshi.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No Game No Life
>Hibike Euphonium

Inferno Cop

Red line.

Season 2 of Space Dandy is pretty great

Sidonia famlam

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Madoka really.

I hope Little Witch Academia will be up there

Monogatari. I mean, why the fuck would anyone watch it other than the visuals?

Nisemonogatari.

Kill la Kill.

Katanagatari

Shit was cash, season ever? :/

never ever

:(. It deserves a season 3.

Princess Kaguya

>When space dandy stopped being a comedy and started experimenting with animation styles and sob stories.

boku no pico

>zetsubou sensei

heh...

Where is OPM?

That shit was beautifully done.

kaiba

Mononoke

thanks for the recs OP, but you forgot boku no pico

I will seriously say Meganebu because you don't see such a a boldly oversaturated palette often.

dfghjkl

Yes

Might as well cite No Game No Life for that instead

Sekkou Boys was unique.

A S T H I C

jojo

In what way, user? It's not even in the same league as the ones in the OP.

Katanagatari and the Monogatari series.

fug

mate

no

RESPECT

cunt

congragulations on your shit taste.

Why is the aspect ratio fucked in my screenshots? Fuck.

>Aku no Hana
Tracing isn't visually interesting or attractive.

Most under appreciated thing ever

OPM is nothing exceptional

youtu.be/4k_SuZtZXxk
>inb4 the fanbase is shit

Test

OPM had great visuals, no need to be a sour contrarian

Also

mods are faggots as always

This so much.

I'd say katanagatari is up there too

I'd say katanagatari is up there too
And gundam thunderbolt

Jojo, duh

Not him, but OP's criteria was "visually interesting", not "visually superb". By these criteria, Jojo is certainly a contender. Without its unique visuals it would not have the fanbase it does.

OPM has good animation, but the visuals are bland.

If we're counting this decade as 2006-2016 then theres no way you cant mention Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Uchouten Kazoku

OPM didn't have good visuals.

Berserk.
this.

Most interesting is Ping Pong. Tatami Galaxy would be the runner up, but I think from pretty far behind.

A lot of the others also fall short for reasons;

Aku no Hana's style seemed more like a copout, or perhaps more charitably a failed experiment.
Nichijou and Hyouka were more like extreme refinements of existing methods. I'm not saying they were bad but I don't think they were particularly inventive or unique. I'd say the same about Panty and Stocking, it's just that the source material was different.
Kyousougiga and Space Dandy, I think, also failed to stand out enough to beat out Ping Pong.

I will say however that this particular animation is very useful for attaching to this particular post.

Ping Pong just copy-pastes the manga. It's not very inventive

House of Five Leaves

how can you have Kyousougiga and not include Kekkai? the same director did an amazing job in both.

Because Kyousougiga had significantly more interesting art than Kekkai. I honestly can't remember being impressed by any of the visuals except some nice shots of the city.

Some particular episodes on Shin Sekai Yori would come to my mind as interesting, specially the one that is a bit disconnected on the main plot that focuses on searching for the guy that lost his mind at the beginning of the series.

The series Ikuhara made in this decade are interesting too, even if Yumi Kuma is so up its ass it can be considered autoparody.

Mob psycho if they keep a fraction of this Quality for 12 episodes

One punch man

oh

Not him, but if you're only taking into account the artstyle then yes it doesn't to much more than mimick the manga. However, the direction of the scenes is also rather unique and fairly experimental without being too out-there or, dare I say, pretentious. The way it did the multiple-panel frames with each one cutting in and animating one-at-a-time was genuinely very interesting for me to watch. The way the animation felt very loose like there were no guidelines or rulers or anything of the sort involved felt like it was not just imitating the artstyle of the manga but rather translating it into animation in a way I can't really think of any other adaptation succeeding at.

It has very nice production values but does absolutely nothing more interesting visually than simply having more effort put into the animation than is typical.

I'd second JoJo but only the 2012 anime. It used a shitload of neat things to keep things visually interesting despite being pretty much just cardboard cutouts with mouthflaps being arranged into various poses.
SDC and DIU so far have been rather disappointing visually. Nothing interesting going on, not even improved production values, it seems like the increase in budget from having more financial successes under their belt just went to ensuring they have enough episodes to adapt everything, rather than increasing the quality of each episode. Which is fine, but it still lacks the sweet direction from the 2012 anime.

>implying Part 4 isn't the best directed best looking jojo

Its great but the faces look like dogshit

Windy tales

is it time for sakuga thread ?
Here's a link of recommendation / sakugateway :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CSBqOXODXNXg1gXJ3OHUNI3fHa09KAJMWnTQh9wovU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=3

Weekly review/highlights :
sakugablog.yshi.org/

Also, I believe Flip Flappers will be one of best sakuga showcase of the year.

Go back to Twitter, please and thank you!

>visually interesting
Oh, you mean meme artstyle?

Not necessarily, just something I can jack off to to impress my internet friends. Oh, and if you can namedrop directors or animators while you're at it, that'd be sweet!

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

>from this decade

I'd say animation is part of the visuals.

Mob Psycho will be the best of this decade you dont even need to ask

Now I want to be a Japanese fisherman

Best episode, loved that one.