Shinto General

Shinto General
Jap living in America here, feel free to ask any questions about Shinto, all are welcome

Shinto just isn't that interesting.

It seems to be focused on admiration of and reverence for old traditions, but you basically have to be living in Japan (and most probably, born and raised Japanese) in order to appreciate and participate in it.

There's nothing wrong with that, but for total outsiders, what's the point?

I do love incense though, so I'll take recommendations for cool Japanese incenses.

is the emperor still seen as the highest shinto "priest" by the average nip?

its good to see you appreciate incense(kodo), Nippon Kodo, Shoyeido, and Baieido are some good incense brands

yes,its more a ceremonial thing now,

knowing the future of the West
Do you suggest me to leave and go live in Japan? Would I feel nigger tier there? would I feel lonely? It is still better than to enjoy the nightmarish future in the west?

i would u would be seen as a gaijin for a bit but if you learn the language and the customs you should be fine

Are there Kami outside of Japan, or is Japan the only place with Kami?

>Kam
yes There are Kami all over the world, the old European Beings in their old faiths are good examples

Could I talk you into getting Shinto to proselytize? There are few religions I'd want to spread virulently across the world, but I think Shinto would make the world a better place.

Can I, theoretically, fuck a spirit?

im afraid the people in this country wouldn't listen to it, i have treated very poorly by some of the radical Christians in the country, the American mindset is too dogmatic, and its sad

yes, kitsune(fox spirits) are known to trick men into having sex with them

Could we ecumenize Shintoism into a form of Folk Christianity wherein Japan would join the Japanese Orthodox Church?

Is Shinto the one where you can fuck your cousin if your dead ancestors say it's ok?

green text me some stories about the gods.

no
ABSOLUTELY NOT

what do you think of Sufiism and Suffii figures like Yunus Emre and Mevlana?

Abandon your old ways and find the light

Sufiism is fine, dont know much about those figures sadly

>having more than one God
I hope NK burns your witch country to ashes

no thanks senpai, im pretty content worshiping Amaterasu and Raijin

Okay nip-san I have a question that isn't related to turk faggotry

Do you miss the random shrines you might find in a japanese township in america, or are the billions of churches you see everywhere an adequate replacement?

I feel the idealized animu shrine that is surrounded by woods seems more aesthetic than the average church but maybe that's just because most are protestant churches.